**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

General Game Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Options
    Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    Mixalis said:

I agree there should be a balance and not add the majority that is low tier champions in the feature pool. Have you seen what's added in the featured? There are about 3 good champions

3 good champions???
    I counted 9. You have your featureds: Doom, Longshot, Squirrel, Nova, Surfer, and Fantastic.
    Then you have your other good champs: Havok, Emma, and Doc Oc.

So 9/24 is 37.5%, which is a pretty good ratio.

Now if you were going for just the featureds, it/s 6/24, which is 25% which is still a good ratio. That's at least 1 out of every 4 crystals is a featured champ/ good champ.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★
    Mixalis said:

Unio77 said:

Just out of curiosity how long does it take to buff a champ or rework them, however you put it. Becuase if kabam can release 2 champs every month what's stopping them from releasing 1 champ but reworking/buffing another. There wont be need for a beta because the buff/rework will be treated as sort of a new champ not requiring a beta. I'm not well invested in how these things work but to me it looks like a good idea. Any things to add on?

I always wondered why can't they take a month break out of the year and work on two champions that are in need of a revamp. We'd all be thankful
    It takes more than a month. Then there's contractual obligations with Marvel which need to be upheld, like Movies and other upcoming projects.
  • Options
    TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★
    Everyone is saying stop releasing new champs and focus on reworking old ones I’m not sure if you guys know how much time it takes to rework characters but even If they stopped releasing new champs it would still take 5-6 months because they first need to see how the champ preforms in content which takes a while then they start making new abiltys for the champs and then they do a beta to see player reactions and then around 1-2 months to nerf/buff. So in the meantime well those champs are getting buffed we won’t get any new characters. This is just my speculation but I think they must be under some sort of contract with marvel to release 2 new champs a month. But that’s just my guess
  • Options
    MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Amadeo01 said:

I'm curious, for people who have actually done beta tests, how much of the feedback actually gets incorporated into the final product? I was invited to the Beta but decided against spending my time on it just because pessimistically, I don't think my feedback would be heeded. Based on what I've seen over the past year, feedback seems to get brushed off and they proceed to do what they want anyway. This was true for act 6 (4* not allowed, even after there was so much backlash) and much more recently, Flow in AW. People ranted about it since last off season, many suggestions for improving it were provided, nothing was said until season ended, and the change was completely not in line with any feedback/suggestion that had been given over the whole month. Feedback provided after they announced the change to flow (but before it went live) was then shut down with a straight up "this is what it is and we're not changing it for another month, if at all".

I hope I'm just being pessimistic here because I would truly love it if they do genuinely take the feedback into account, TRULY test all their content out in detail, and then release something that the community will love and and they can be proud of (at least I hope that developers who came up with stuff like acid wash mysterio, 6.2.2 sinister...etc. aren't proud of it...if they are....that's just sadistic).

I’m going to go out on a limb here and say not a lot of notice seems to be taken. They appear to just give it lip service and plough on anyway.

I’d love to see beta players live-streaming it with Kabam employees on the call. Like the incursions, then when someone like Seatin cries foul play they can say ‘we designed this aspect to make you consider X/Y or Z’ and then the player has an epiphany. Or, the employee on the call starts to Vigorously write - needs refining.

Would also make Kabam feel less of a faceless organisation as well, which I dare say some of this backlash is a result of - not an outpouring of support for Seatin himself but just pent up frustration that he’s been the catalyst for releasing.
  • Options
    ESF said:

This issue is so important — nobody wants more betas, no more eight-month waits

Give Cyclops and OG Storm and OG Captain America and OG Iron Man a Leadership passive exactly like CapIW, and boom, done

Make a Magneto buff Priority No. 1. Then a StarkTech characters buff Priority No. 2.

All stop. Implement in 30 days. Period. Full stop

They just don’t understand how much people want this kind of stuff to happen QUICKLY

And players like you don't understand how much time is needed for these reworks. It takes more than 30 days. You can't just halt everything for reworks. And how are you going to get the champs without betas?
  • Options
    BenQcSlayerBenQcSlayer Posts: 867 ★★★
    Well, Seatin is the biggest influencer MCOC have on YouTube..... He built himself a 250k+ fan base, he have a average of 65-100k views per vid... which is small in comparison with bigger influencer like Jeffree Star and it's 18m+ followers and over 9m views per video... Nevertheless, Seating's could capitalize on this fan base, and grow his brand name with new content related to other online Games.

If this would happen, MCOC would still go on, but how would this affect their "earned Media"? Let's not forget that MCOC will not be put on life saving respiratory device if Seating's decides to jump ship and go jump on the bandwagon named "fortnite"....

With Seating's gone, this would open the position of no1 MCOC influencer on YouTube, and others will want a bigger piece of the pie, competition is always good, because it brings the best out of people.
  • Options
    Mixalis said:

This month was pretty good for features, but most of the time it's not. I also have three of the champions you referenced and they're awful for act 6 chapter four. I'm trying to get Dr Doom

But that's what makes a featured a featured. The main point is to try to get a new champion that was recently released. Everything else that they put into the crystal is fair game. Hell, if they fill the other 75% up with champs like Ant-Man and Groot, it still accomplishes the goal–to make a crystal that highlights the new champs and makes it easier for players to get the new champ.
  • Options
    Also, to the people who don't want betas for reworks. The betas are a way for the player base to test out the rework and highlight any issues or complement anything well done. The reason new champs don't have betas is because the team at Kabam has already tested them out. They don't need players to do a beta because Kabam executed what they thought was a good champion design.

Point is, you need betas for reworks, and those take time. If you don't want a beta, then just say goodbye to reworks because how does the community know if the rework was effective without a beta? They don't.
  • Options
    ESF said:

Not every character needs a full rework.

I understand this game just fine — they release Synergies every months, two characters every month. There’s no Beta before they drop. Just internal testing.

I am an old gamer with real-world corporate management experience, and I say this with all sincerity: If buffs were valued, they would get done as quickly as I said

For example, just say that Kabam knew that 25 percent of the player base would quit by June 15 if Magento wasn’t buffed

Just say that was something they knew

What do you think would happen?

Yeah they do internal testing for new champs because they're NEW. The public hasn't had those champs yet, so they have no expectations. But with reworks, the champion has been used and some issues have been highlighted. That's why there's both internal testing and betas, because 1) they want to make sure that the champ works, and 2) they want to see if the player base enjoys the new rework.

What you don't understand is that if there is no beta, Kabam could just drop another Joe Fixit on you in the rework because the players aren't testing it.

And buffs ARE valued. That's why they're still doing reworks.

Also, they can't just whip a rework out of nowhere, and "as quickly as [you] said" because they take time, just like anything, they take time. In your "real-world corporate management experience", how long does a project take to 1) be thought up as an idea 2) to be fully realized 3) to have components start to work 4) to begin assembling 5) to present a prototype 6) to troubleshoot 7) to advertise or test run 8) to troubleshoot again 9) to determine presentation 10) to roll out the final product?
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    walkerdog said:

I'm horrified that incursions took 8-10?!?!?!? MONTHS?!

They're a small improvement over Dungeons, but roughly the same QoL improvement would have been to make hero cooldowns 12 hours, increase payouts, and improve the store. And that's like a month tops. It seems like you guys are way too busy making flashy changes that don't actually do much for players, instead of improving the actual game, or coming up with nodes that a skilled player can overcome without basically requiring large item investments.

It's really upsetting to see how little (in terms of in-game impact) your semi-long-term investments of time produce. Instead of "reworking" the trash you've produced, as much as I LIKE the reworked champs, you could simply buff the stats of all of the trash by 20% (or more or less) in a short time to make them at least PLAYABLE. You could buff war rewards, or remove Flow, that sort of thing, with almost no effort! Instead, you do these pondering changes that make tiny positive impacts. You're wasting your time and money, and our time and money!

Bring in some new blood to your design team - your product hasn't really been making "fun" a result very much since Act 5 (or Variant 2-4 if you prefer).

Yeah, so if Incursions took that long, how long do you think champion reworks take? Also, you can't just increase payouts since that would mess with the in-game economy.
    And you can't just buff the stats by 20% because that messes up the in-game dynamic.
    And they're not wasting your time. You still play while they're doing betas aren't you? They don't just stop all progress in the game. And the "tiny" impacts your talking about actually changed a lot when talking about in-game mechanics.
    You could at least try to appreciate what Kabam has done in terms of Incursions and character re-works.
  • Options
    MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Amadeo01 said:

@Mauled Rather than having beta testers live stream with Kabam employees on the call, I'd rather actually see the Kabam employees test/play the content they're actually creating and stream that.

That would be good as well, hell why not both?

• Options
    QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    tafre said:

In addition to all the issues being addressed here, I think it's high time for another Summoner Appreciation event

It is time for a ton of stuff but having this would be a very very very good start. I approve this message lol!
    I agree, we've all been feeling it recently especially those who have gotten to 6.2 and struggled through. We're all feeling a bit unloved
  • Options
    walkerdog said:

It's obviously done to keep the overall quality of 6* crystals suppressed. Even "bad" 2019 or 2020 champs are playable and average. Making sure to bring in 15/16/17 trash keeps the overall improvement to our rosters smaller.

The featureds can have whatever bad champs Kabam wants to put in, as long as they have featured champs. That's literally the whole point of the featured crystal; it's to feature the new champs.

Now I agree that Kabam have added some sub-par champions to the 6* pool, but adding champs, like everything else, takes TIME. We just need to be patient.
  • Options
    ESF said:

The concept of creative problem-solving is a bedrock of corporate management.

This isn’t a crisis, yet. It’s Day 1 of a YouTube post that caused a lot of people to vent.

But if a percentage of those people venting stop playing and/or spending over the next month and never return? Two months?

People get fired for failure to recognize fixable problems and not fixing them.

In my world, a quick Magneto buff would make the player base happy. You announce it tomorrow and you prioritize it and get it done in 30 days.

You don’t risk losing a single spender over basic dissatisfaction.

In your world, you let the fire burn until it destroys everything until it gets to your desk.

It’s a kit for a mobile game, man. I would literally fire someone who told me the only solution is to take eight more months to fix a Day 1 character, but maybe your workplace is different

So you would rather halt all progress and get a champion rework. So that's a no to the monthly eq, any variants they have planned, any new champs for the future that they're working on–everything, so you could get a buffed Magneto.
    I take it that you don't realize how long it takes to code and run everything.
  • Options
    Mixalis said:

You're wrong. They take their time bringing in fresh content and reworks, because they make their money from people buying crystals. I work for Google and know I incursions could be done in three months. It's just a rework of an already set format.

You do realize that around 50% was the set format right? Also, it's not like they only had Incursions to work on. In those eight months, what did Kabam bring us? A lot.