**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

So I soloed an Abyss fight with IMIW...

Comments

• Options
    SavageSavage Posts: 621 ★★★
    edited September 2020
    Ebony_Naw said:

Savage said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Savage said:

say what you will about Ægon but using him is still the best & cheapest choice for Abyss. I'd love to be proven wrong though.

In theory any champ can be taken to the Abyss, but some will just cost you a lot more than others.

And if you seriously think that no mystic champs will help, all I'll say is good luck fighting VtD.

Edit: looks like u did bring Ægon after all and a mystic champ. Glad u changed your mind.

Aegon is not the cheapest choice for abyss simply because he cannot beat fights without a revive. He is indeed the cheapest option for abyss collector but is quite pricey when it comes to the rest.
    This is crazy. You have 5 roster spots. 5. You can't bring 20 different champs and then another for the collector. And you're talking about using sabretooth who needs 5 revives just to ramp up and then can no longer be used vs the collector because he's dead before you can get the sp3 off.

So because Aegon costs 6 revives on the path if you play well he's not a good champ? You're talking about 240 units, or an easy days work with smart farming. This is contrarian for contrarians sake at its finest. Aegon is one of the best Swiss army knives for the Abyss. Period stop.

I'm not upset by the way, despite my tone. I'm just allergic to stupidity.
    Aegon would cost a whole lot more than 6 revives. Many have used dozens of revives on paths with Aegon. Calling someone names doesn't help with your argument so why not just respect the facts? Bringing Aegon leaves you with 4 slots left so what's the issue? You could save units by not using him in your general abyss fight.
    Never called anyone names. Said this is crazy. Not sure what you mean by not using him in general Abyss fights, but most don't use him for every single fight. He's a decent Swiss army knife for sure when you need a champ, but again, you can't bring a counter for every fight. This is just a bad take.

To reiterate, I'm not calling you a bad take. I am saying the statement you made that Aegon is overrated for Abyss is a bad take.
    Plenty of people have used Aegon as the main option for every fight unless it be a fight that a mystic (Doom, another overrated abyss champ), Torch or sometimes Void, or Nick Fury (why?) can counter. The notion that the four horsemen of abyss are dire to explore abyss is a common misconception. SS can rinse those cosmics better than Doom... Fury is brought for what IW and GG? Torch and IMIW like hello? I'm sure I'll be able to discover plenty more interactions once I get my runs started. If Aegon is a swiss army knife then that still means that IMIW is a better option for downing the non-niche abyss fights.
  • Options
    MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    Without Aegon the abyss would be really hard. There is no denying it. There is a reason people use him. Please just stop. If so many fight have the ability to be soloed, why haven’t they been shown?

Oh, because you can’t bring 40 champs in a team. Please. Just. Stop.
  • Options
    Ebony_Naw said:

Savage said:

@Savage Really cool stuff with the Iron Man Infinity War - The Quake fight and Omega fight were both pretty awesome!

It's really stressing me out though how you're saying that Aegon isn't a great option for Abyss.
    Abyss was literally designed with Aegon in mind - especially outside of the easy path.

He's absolutely not overrated for it, at all haha

Aegon is only needed for a certain number of fights though. Masacre, Abyss Collector, and Modok comes to mind but if you really want a damage dealer to save you units, then why not use someone else? I'm just tired of seeing people spend thousands and thousands of units when it can likely be prevented. I've seen BG use Sabretooth and perform better than a great deal of runs I have witnessed. And he wasn't even using Sabretooth to his full potential if I remember.
    Did you count the number of resources BG used when he used Sabretooth? And you're comparing a highly capable player with other players who probably aren't as well regarded as BG.

And BG isn't running another path until he gets Aegon, right? Why do you think that may be?
    BG isn't regarded as a highly skilled player though and I've seen his stream so I know what mistakes he made. Notice the "didn't use him to his full potential." Sabretooth was great for the first 2 revives but he did struggle with the unstoppable. Either way sabretooth can bypass the tenacity but he'd need Omega for that final phase.
  • Options
    KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Savage said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Savage said:

@Savage Really cool stuff with the Iron Man Infinity War - The Quake fight and Omega fight were both pretty awesome!

It's really stressing me out though how you're saying that Aegon isn't a great option for Abyss.
    Abyss was literally designed with Aegon in mind - especially outside of the easy path.

He's absolutely not overrated for it, at all haha

Aegon is only needed for a certain number of fights though. Masacre, Abyss Collector, and Modok comes to mind but if you really want a damage dealer to save you units, then why not use someone else? I'm just tired of seeing people spend thousands and thousands of units when it can likely be prevented. I've seen BG use Sabretooth and perform better than a great deal of runs I have witnessed. And he wasn't even using Sabretooth to his full potential if I remember.
    Did you count the number of resources BG used when he used Sabretooth? And you're comparing a highly capable player with other players who probably aren't as well regarded as BG.

And BG isn't running another path until he gets Aegon, right? Why do you think that may be?
    BG isn't regarded as a highly skilled player though and I've seen his stream so I know what mistakes he made. Notice the "didn't use him to his full potential." Sabretooth was great for the first 2 revives but he did struggle with the unstoppable. Either way sabretooth can bypass the tenacity but he'd need Omega for that final phase.
    He literally did all of 6.2, which is widely regarded as the worst content in the game, itemless and you have the audacity to call him not skilled.
  • Options

Without Aegon the abyss would be really hard. There is no denying it. There is a reason people use him. Please just stop. If so many fight have the ability to be soloed, why haven’t they been shown?

Oh, because you can’t bring 40 champs in a team. Please. Just. Stop.

You are right. The abyss would be really hard without Aegon. Luckily... I am bringing him for those niche fights. Aegon is overrated for Abyss in general. People use him as a main damage dealer when he really should be used as, the said "utility knife". Just because Torch destroys all mystics and energy damage champions in abyss doesn't mean he's the best champion for abyss. Both aren't overrated for their niche fights at all. But there are better options out there to use for main damage dealing which is a good chunk of the abyss fights.
  • Options

Nice fight, but I hate to break it too you buddy, but saying that aegon isint one of the most viable options for abyss is completely wrong, it was designed for him and he is the #1 option.

It's easy to say I'm completely wrong... but then again have you guys tried using IMIW for abyss?
  • Options

Savage said:

Nice fight, but I hate to break it too you buddy, but saying that aegon isint one of the most viable options for abyss is completely wrong, it was designed for him and he is the #1 option.

It's easy to say I'm completely wrong... but then again have you guys tried using IMIW for abyss?
    If you are trying to say IMIW is better than aegon for abyss, Im sorry but you are just plain wrong.
    I would do the run again and show you guys a comparison of Aegon in a decent amount of fights vs IMIW but then again I don't feel a need to as this video should be enough until my run is complete. Aegon is good for certain fights. So is Torch and SS. IMIW is just the main damage dealer and can bypass his own set of niche fights such as abyss green goblin and mordo.
  • Options
    When it comes down to it, you get to choose who you want to use for abyss... but I'll being doing my runs efficiently opposed to those who have completed it before me. I'm planning to livestream this run but I might just end up recording it if the pressure is to much. Thanks for the support anyways and I'll see you in a few months when I revive this thread with some new footage!
  • Options
    Savage said:

Sure, he works, but not as well as Aegon.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,189 ★★★★★
    The problem here is argument for no really reason we all have or point of view I’m wil said ægon is the best to and when @Savage said tons of reviews is 4 revies a lot to get one down I’m wil definitely not said that a and ge can definitely solos. And when people get ægon and 6 star go to r5 he wil solos most of them all. It a game. Don’t forget that’s it fine he thinks ist the it just he points ther no denying that’s ægon wil be the best for offer champions. And not for the last boss only prov me wrong. And I’m was 2 procent of for solos one joy fixed if I’m had slow fight it better. With void can can solos most figth if you play very slow and I’m meant unbelievable slow
  • Options
    SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    Savage said:

By the way... Aegon is totally overrated for abyss save for the collector fight. He can't really solo anything meaning you spend a ton on revives. I'm going to try an abyss run in under 1000 units using the team in the video but I'll have to wait for a stealthy to upgrade.

Wow what a bad take.
  • Options
    Anyone able to find him in game? My search doesn’t find him. Wanna know if he completed abyss yet.
  • Options
    Rayaan_2000Rayaan_2000 Posts: 655 ★★★
    @Savage while you are right in saying that aegon isn't required for abyss completion, I remember a forum post regarding the same by a guy who used Colossus for lane clearing and damage dealing the same way you're planning to use IMIW BUT

saying that aegon is overrated for the abyss is just an incorrect statement full stop.
    You might be able to do one path easily, but exploration is much, much easier in the presence of aegon and much more economically
    Also if you think spending 4-5 revives is a bit much, then why are you even doing abyss??

• Options
    WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,324 ★★★★
    1) IM IW is quite fine indeed.
    2) Doing every single Abyss fight is stupid and not what the majority does, I guess.
    3) If you are skilled (and using proper Masteries), you could probably solo a lot with Ægon.