**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Dev Diary: The Future of Quests

Comments

• CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    The bottom line is this: not much new info has been shared here, this announcement was a huge waste of time after getting everyone’s hopes up.

We got the whole “we see what we did wrong in Act 6” after 6.2 which this is almost an exact regurgitation of, besides multiple bosses and 70 energy paths, which are both great.

Seems like Kabam is being as wordy as possible and reannouncing things they already told us. We knew Cav EQ would be in a few months with the side quests starting next month. Even with Cav side quest next month, no mention of rewards. I’m sure they are already coded for next month, why not say what they are?
  • arjanroxxarjanroxx Posts: 9

arjanroxx said:

@Kabam Miike WTH this sucks for players who are stuck in 5.2 id there nothing for middle players. There is nothing for free to players. Please make some changes to mastr and 5.2

What do you want done to uncollected and masters? You've got updated EQ - now cavaliers are getting their own EQ yours will likely get a little easier.

There is nothing broken in Act 5.2/3/4. Look at DNA3000 scale. Act 6 was tailored towards 7/8* champions, that's how ridiculously overpowered the content was. All this, is so when you eventually get to act 6 it'll be much easier.

They are bringing act 1-4 rewards up, so new players can join, and act 5 / 6 doesn't seem a year away. The rewards in there are massively outdated.

And nothing for free to play? Look at the road map. You will see more rewards, more signature stones. What exactly do you want? 5/65 each month along with a free 5*?

I agree but in master it is such a huge waste of energy. Between each fight there are 5 tiles. That is 15 damn energy. There is nothing in the roadmap for master rewards to be buffed. And the bosses in mastr are lik 20k in ch 3. And if the boss is a sucky defender with terrible nodes revives are spent. And units are spent on energy refills.

• CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★

Even with Cav side quest next month, no mention of rewards. I’m sure they are already coded for next month, why not say what they are?

Sorry everyone for replying to myself, but the more I think about it the more concerned I get.

Let’s hope Kabam Miike doesn’t wait until the last min to drop the rewards........
  • TChalllaTChallla Posts: 85

FineDog said:

This is disappointing for Uncollected players. There was almost nothing in this post that is relevant for mid-game players. I imagine the future posts about champion buffs and arena changes and stuff like that might be more relevant, but if you're still grinding through Act 5, all the stuff about Act 6 is basically meaningless, all the stuff about new Variants isn't particularly useful, the Summer of Pain isn't even something to think about. As an Uncollected player, the only thing here that I can do anything with is go replay Act 2 for the rewards after it gets reset.

I would argue that this means the MOST to our Uncollected Summoners. The step after that is becoming Cavalier, and that opens up another big world for you. That may not be right now, but when you get to it, these improvements are going to make it a better transition for you.
    I was just saying the same thing. I’ve explored 5 and had no plans to tackle 6 anytime soon. I’m a decent player but as bad as he grandmaster crystal is, I didn’t feel the effort would be worth it. Started focusing on exploring UCEQ. To me having better chances at 6 is a big win for people who’ve been happy to chill at UC.

I’d have to imagine that too many summoners choosing to not advance through the story because it’s too hard is bad for bidness.

I need a 5 star Aegon, pray for me!!!
    I really need to explore master every month and that causes me to lose 180 units every months. It sucks and so do the rewards
  • Gogeta91199Gogeta91199 Posts: 990 ★★★★
    Can you be a lil more specific on when the act 6 changes are going live? And will the ones get compensated who have beat the 6.2 champion boss a month or so ago?
    I am just really hoping for a master eq rewards buff. If there is not i am probably quitting this scam of a game. All my 5 stars are the worst champs in the game. It trolls from 5 star human torch to iron man!!!!! I am free To play so i cant spend. This is what i hate abt this game
  • Rodomontade_BoiRodomontade_Boi Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    While there are some great changes for endgame players and act 6...one thing I really would've liked is a considerable bump in uncollected rewards... They're just not worth the grind or time at times.. Especially the lack of units in it.. The rewards aren't too powerful to compensate for units.. And about time uncollected players (who need 5 stars to progress onto cavalier) got a full 5 star basic worth of shards from 100%
    Besides that, great changes!
  • mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 1,004 ★★★★
    @DNA3000 I would like your opinion on this because I have come to appreciate your unbiased, analytical approach. That said, in this case, I hope you'll be able to turn off your analytics and just give your "gut" assessment.

Full disclosure, I do not work in a for profit gaming industry. I do however work in a defense tech industry. Everytime we release a product, we have a slew of employees, myself included, who have relevant experience from the target audience, that test the product against the use case our customers will employ.

I would never claim that our products are flawless, but we make every effort to catch everything before it reaches out customers, and with the exception of very niche circumstances, we do a pretty good job of it.

To that end, why do you suppose we need a focus group now? Kabam has had betas of various Act 6 chapters, and now Book 2 (Act 7), where all of these topics have been raised, and yet now they are finally prepared to revisit this content, but claim they need to "analyze data".

What was the point of the betas if not to analyze data and adjust prior to release? I've been a part of many of those betas, and I can look back at the forum posts pointing out all the items they are now planning to address.

Furthermore, why are we left without a definitive timeline? I get that changing specifics to a given encounter (reducing the Champion charges during the last 10% from 5 to 3) may take more time given its a specific fight that has hundreds of champ variables. That said, something like attack values, which they've claimed they will be reducing, seems far more straight forward. If a global node increases attack value by 500%, is it not straight forward to change that to 300%? I don't write code for a living, but a sweeping change like that actually seems infinitely easier to implement as it's nothing more than a percentage change.

Again, I'm tagging you because I value your opinion, and I'm genuinely confused as to how they could be so blind to what was right in front of them for months without being acknowledged.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Side note.... something I've advocated for previously, and will reiterate here...I'm perfectly fine with fights that require very specific champ counters, so long as there is a "non-rng" method of obtaining said champ. They have featured crystals with a more narrow pool of champs at an increased cost already. Why not have an option to spend an even higher amount, call it 75k 5* shards, to simply pick a champ, no RNG involved, and let you do it twice a year, and only once per champ (you can't dupe a champ in this fashion).

No need to comment on that last bit if you don't want to. That's more in hopes that someone from Kabam sees it.
  • Ayee24Ayee24 Posts: 5
    Any idea when the act 6 changes will be made? It would be great if there done by the beginning of August not towards November...

arjanroxx said:

I really need to explore master every month and that causes me to lose 180 units every months. It sucks and so do the rewards

Why are you losing 180 units every month? I do every difficulty 100% without spending units on energy refills.
    What is ur summoner level. Because i am not yet uncollected, i am stuck in 5.2.5
    Could you please tell me how

arjanroxx said:

Why are you losing 180 units every month? I do every difficulty 100% without spending units on energy refills.
    Could you please tell me how?
  • ZeflemelZeflemel Posts: 9
    You know what they do ? They push updates and definitive timeline of changes because they are EVIL.
    Evil you say? Yes i can prove it... sorta.
    They are releasing a new game, Marvel Realm of Champions.
    Question: When was that game supposed to launch? Ummm.. around the same time Chapter 2? But then COVID struck.
    Question: When did it get pushed back? September? Same as all the interesting updates ?
    Ok... but WHY you may ask. That is simple. Marvel Real of Champions will need Whales.
    MROC will need youtubers, content creators.

As long as this game is interesting, people hang around. Spend money here and not be interested in the NEW GAME!!!

We all know it! KABAM is a money grabbing company. Pay-for-win even worse than EA.
    It is only logical to scheme on moving players (as in whales), but most importantly CONTENT CREATORS, to their new INVESTMENT! They did not create a game, they created an INVESTMENT!
    It is their PLAN! to push us to the limit and "quit" the game. Nobody really quits, we just get bored and frustrated. Once a "NEW" Kabam game apears, we will at LEAST be curious.

And that's it! Who stays, has content for 2-3 years or... become whales. Even so MCOC has run its course. Time for a new VENTURE! Time for NEW money.

You are all turning yourselves into beggars for some kings that don't deserve their crown.

Follow the white rabbit!
  • skullduggery72skullduggery72 Posts: 224 ★★
    No mention of arenas, we are long overdue a 5* basic arena and now we need a featured 6* one as well.
  • DabNation1DabNation1 Posts: 22
    After thinking about it all day, i think compensation for Act 6/champion should be % of current completion rewards.... Lets say based on attack/health reduction/champion nerf; act 6 is going to be 30% easier. The compensation for those who have 100% the content should be 30% of the completion rewards. That would be fair and not take into account who spent what. This would be a less complicated solution.