Alliance War Feedback [Merged Threads]

1457910

Comments

  • OnlyOneAboveAllOnlyOneAboveAll Posts: 383 ★★
    3wzdco60zr1e.jpg

    114 characters of 120 been released so far.
  • Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Posts: 480 ★★
    JRock808 wrote: »
    linux wrote: »
    AxeCopFire wrote: »

    While it is correct that you believe that, it is incorrect that that is true. Please count the number of diverse champs in your next war, and compare it to the final diversity score and you will see that you are wrong.

    Ok man. Have fun, I'm done here.

    I can assure you that the system is not as described in the initial announcement. I believe it is as Jeff described, though my data doesn't let me completely eliminate the possibility that Miike was wrong about how 4* and 5* Hulks are counted as one. I carefully recorded all our champs in our last war, and we were not dinged for 2 of 3 duplicates (failing to count duplicates at different * levels could also explain it, but so could treating different BGs separately).

    The data I see makes it look more likely that you're wrong and @JazzyJeff1981 is correct. Regardless, the announcement from Kabam is clearly incorrect in some way as there are screenshots of alliances getting 124 diversity points ... and there aren't that many champs.

    There are not 119 champions in the game, much less 125. Enjoy.
    c6ntcmeknzzn.jpg

    There are actually exactly 119 champs in the game. Still missing 6 to make 125 by end of year. We know this already from champ roster Kabam released a month or so ago.
    Pretty sure there's only 106 characters in the game, including up to King-pin/Medusa and Kang/Thanos/Vision/Deadpool.

    Forgetting Kang, Thanos, Ultrop Prime and Immortal Iron Fist among others I'm sure. Count them up on the character chart Kabam gave us.
    I literally just said I included Kang and Thanos, also all the other guys were included, only 106 in the game dude.

    There are actually 114 characters out of 120. Not sure where I got 125 from lol.
    eookzwgkmj1g.jpg
    112 spots, 6 are blank, 106 total champs in the game.
  • OnlyOneAboveAllOnlyOneAboveAll Posts: 383 ★★
    edited September 2017
    239pcu0bo69q.jpg

    @Etaki_Lirakoi this is the original image sent by Kabam. There are 6 that go behind the Contest of Champions Logo. Cause they do state 120 champs.
  • Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Posts: 480 ★★
    edited September 2017
    239pcu0bo69q.jpg

    @Etaki_Lirakoi this is the original image sent by Kabam. There are 6 that go behind the Contest of Champions Logo. Cause they do state 120 champs.
    112 spots, 8 fake spots behind the logo because they couldn't count. 6 of the 112 are blank from my photo.
  • OnlyOneAboveAllOnlyOneAboveAll Posts: 383 ★★
    239pcu0bo69q.jpg

    @Etaki_Lirakoi this is the original image sent by Kabam. There are 6 that go behind the Contest of Champions Logo. Cause they do state 120 champs.
    112 spots, 8 fake spots behind the logo because they couldn't count. 6 of the 112 are blank.

    Ah ok..... but still, original picture sent by Contest of Champions Facebook page says 120 champs. So something doesn't add up cause you're right. 8 would fit behind the logo and we need only 6 to make 120.
  • Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Posts: 480 ★★
    edited September 2017
    239pcu0bo69q.jpg

    @Etaki_Lirakoi this is the original image sent by Kabam. There are 6 that go behind the Contest of Champions Logo. Cause they do state 120 champs.
    112 spots, 8 fake spots behind the logo because they couldn't count. 6 of the 112 are blank.

    Ah ok..... but still, original picture sent by Contest of Champions Facebook page says 120 champs. So something doesn't add up cause you're right. 8 would fit behind the logo and we need only 6 to make 120.
    5 by 10 grid below the logo, that's 50.
    Same above, another 50.
    6 to the left and 6 to the right, 112 total spots, they literally just couldn't count.

    I do hate how they put 112 available spots but labeled it as 120 though, and then try to cover it up with transparent spots over the logo in a later picture.
  • DexDex Posts: 6
    Kabam, I am amazed at how bad you have managed to make War in this recent update.
    I mean...holy **** WOW!!

    I dont think its possible to have made it any worse if you wanted to.

    Whoever had the job of redesigning AW has completely and utterly ballsed it up.
    The design team should be sacked and may i suggest a new line of work fo r you guys?
    Tits on a bull. Useless
  • EgeCEgeC Posts: 128
    edited September 2017
    It's highly doubtful that they will revert the system. The most logical solution is if people join a War, they need to place in order to participate.

    It's highly doubtful you know or play the game. You don't need to place in order to join a war. You can join attack only. How did the guys join attack on the screenshot I posted above if they didn't place defenders?

    The most logical solution is to fix what they broke. Accepting something broken/corrupt is actually the most illogical thing to do.
  • Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Posts: 480 ★★
    EgeC wrote: »
    It's highly doubtful that they will revert the system. The most logical solution is if people join a War, they need to place in order to participate.

    It's highly doubtful you know or play the game. You don't need to place in order to join a war. You can join attack only. How did the guys join attack on the screenshot I posted above if they didn't place defenders?

    The most logical solution is to fix what they broke. Accepting something broken/corrupt is actually the most illogical thing to do.
    I think he means a possible solution would be to force people to place a defense if they want to join the attack phase.
  • EgeCEgeC Posts: 128
    EgeC wrote: »
    It's highly doubtful that they will revert the system. The most logical solution is if people join a War, they need to place in order to participate.

    It's highly doubtful you know or play the game. You don't need to place in order to join a war. You can join attack only. How did the guys join attack on the screenshot I posted above if they didn't place defenders?

    The most logical solution is to fix what they broke. Accepting something broken/corrupt is actually the most illogical thing to do.
    I think he means a possible solution would be to force people to place a defense if they want to join the attack phase.

    Might be. That would be enforcing a bad idea on people though isn't it? Also, what if someone just couldn't join defense for some reason but wanted to support his alliance on attack? Isn't that a right people should have?
  • DexDex Posts: 6
    War needs to revert to the old system or have a completely new system.

    The way it is now is a complete joke. Its unbelievable how bad it is. Anyone that thinks otherwise either does not play MCOC or is on the end of Kabams cock
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    Wait, now I am actually genuinely curious though.

    If both alliances do not place ANY defenders, and both of them 100% explore and complete 3 BGs, who is the winner?

    BGs cleared = 3/3
    Exploration = 100%/100%
    Attacker kills = 0/0
    Defenders placed = 0/0
    Defender Diversity = 0/0
    Defender rating = 0/0

    I know it is still rare for such a situation to exist, but knowing the current state and the number of wars this game has every day, this scenario is bound to come up.
  • Rotmgmoddy wrote: »
    Wait, now I am actually genuinely curious though.

    If both alliances do not place ANY defenders, and both of them 100% explore and complete 3 BGs, who is the winner?

    BGs cleared = 3/3
    Exploration = 100%/100%
    Attacker kills = 0/0
    Defenders placed = 0/0
    Defender Diversity = 0/0
    Defender rating = 0/0

    I know it is still rare for such a situation to exist, but knowing the current state and the number of wars this game has every day, this scenario is bound to come up.

    Both will lose.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 26,667 ★★★★★
    edited September 2017
    EgeC wrote: »
    It's highly doubtful that they will revert the system. The most logical solution is if people join a War, they need to place in order to participate.

    It's highly doubtful you know or play the game. You don't need to place in order to join a war. You can join attack only. How did the guys join attack on the screenshot I posted above if they didn't place defenders?

    The most logical solution is to fix what they broke. Accepting something broken/corrupt is actually the most illogical thing to do.

    I'm well aware of how to play the game. In situations like this, a total revert is rarely the solution. They're not likely to scrap the entire idea now that it's been implemented. Historically, they've never done that. The system is intended to address some preexisting issues with War. Namely, the lack of diversity because of the abundance of Champs like NC and Magik, the huge gaps between Ally Ratings, the lack of reward for effort when trying to gain a Win because the Defense Kills lock you into a Loss, and I'm willing to bet the monopoly that has been created on certain Tiers. Simply put, the system is meant to allow for a more fair gaming experience. It's literally just been initialized, and people are finding a loophole already. What they're actually doing is taking advantage of the system and ambushing the opponent into a Loss because one places and the other doesn't. It's not the first time we've seen something like this. The 2* Wars came and were addressed. So, if people are creating an unfair advantage by not placing and forcing people to lose by default, the most reasonable solution is to make it a requirement to place in order to participate. That is the fairest solution. I'm not sure if people consider it a form of protest or not, but I'm almost positive it would be addressed in a way other than going back. That is my suggestion. Make Placement mandatory.
  • Haji_SaabHaji_Saab Posts: 5,093 ★★★★★
    edited September 2017
    AxeCopFire is correct in his explanation of the system. Rest is all wrong. Just saying for anyone reading this thread for information.
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 795 ★★★★
    This is a year of humiliations for Kabam. The likely reason they no longer give compensation for anything is that it's no longer a viable option, due to the sheer volume of issues caused by sloppy coding, testing, design and server administration. I keep waiting for them to raise their game but nothing changes.
  • EgeC wrote: »
    It's highly doubtful that they will revert the system. The most logical solution is if people join a War, they need to place in order to participate.

    It's highly doubtful you know or play the game. You don't need to place in order to join a war. You can join attack only. How did the guys join attack on the screenshot I posted above if they didn't place defenders?

    The most logical solution is to fix what they broke. Accepting something broken/corrupt is actually the most illogical thing to do.

    I'm well aware of how to play the game. In situations like this, a total revert is rarely the solution. They're not likely to scrap the entire idea now that it's been implemented. Historically, they've never done that. The system is intended to address some preexisting issues with War. Namely, the lack of diversity because of the abundance of Champs like NC and Magik, the huge gaps between Ally Ratings, the lack of reward for effort when trying to gain a Win because the Defense Kills lock you into a Loss, and I'm willing to bet the monopoly that has been created on certain Tiers. Simply put, the system is meant to allow for a more fair gaming experience. It's literally just been initialized, and people are finding a loophole already. What they're actually doing is taking advantage of the system and ambushing the opponent into a Loss because one places and the other doesn't. It's not the first time we've seen something like this. The 2* Wars came and were addressed. So, if people are creating an unfair advantage by not placing and forcing people to lose by default, the most reasonable solution is to make it a requirement to place in order to participate. That is the fairest solution. I'm not sure if people consider it a form of protest or not, but I'm almost positive it would be addressed in a way other than going back. That is my suggestion. Make Placement mandatory.

    No matter what there will always be champs who are good in attack and defense. Thats how kabam designs them. No point in placing champs in defense when you know they can be taken down easy. Why diversity just in defense, lets add diversity in offense too and no more Dr voodoos, see how many will bring IPs and KKs. Real Issue here is with MD and how it interacts with dexterity. Instead of fixing that kabam is forcing us to place useless champs in defense through lame diversity concept. All these loopholes were not used in previous map coz of couple of things - Nodes were not too easy to take down and points were awarded for defender kills. This made everyone not to miss placement. They need to bring those 2 aspects of the war back. Kills on offense and defense should award equal points, that would make wars fair again.
  • The new system is total ****! Well done Kabam you bunch of muppets. 0 defenders placed = guaranteed war victory. Clever! Way to increase item usage and player spend as well!
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 26,667 ★★★★★
    vikky89 wrote: »
    EgeC wrote: »
    It's highly doubtful that they will revert the system. The most logical solution is if people join a War, they need to place in order to participate.

    It's highly doubtful you know or play the game. You don't need to place in order to join a war. You can join attack only. How did the guys join attack on the screenshot I posted above if they didn't place defenders?

    The most logical solution is to fix what they broke. Accepting something broken/corrupt is actually the most illogical thing to do.

    I'm well aware of how to play the game. In situations like this, a total revert is rarely the solution. They're not likely to scrap the entire idea now that it's been implemented. Historically, they've never done that. The system is intended to address some preexisting issues with War. Namely, the lack of diversity because of the abundance of Champs like NC and Magik, the huge gaps between Ally Ratings, the lack of reward for effort when trying to gain a Win because the Defense Kills lock you into a Loss, and I'm willing to bet the monopoly that has been created on certain Tiers. Simply put, the system is meant to allow for a more fair gaming experience. It's literally just been initialized, and people are finding a loophole already. What they're actually doing is taking advantage of the system and ambushing the opponent into a Loss because one places and the other doesn't. It's not the first time we've seen something like this. The 2* Wars came and were addressed. So, if people are creating an unfair advantage by not placing and forcing people to lose by default, the most reasonable solution is to make it a requirement to place in order to participate. That is the fairest solution. I'm not sure if people consider it a form of protest or not, but I'm almost positive it would be addressed in a way other than going back. That is my suggestion. Make Placement mandatory.

    No matter what there will always be champs who are good in attack and defense. Thats how kabam designs them. No point in placing champs in defense when you know they can be taken down easy. Why diversity just in defense, lets add diversity in offense too and no more Dr voodoos, see how many will bring IPs and KKs. Real Issue here is with MD and how it interacts with dexterity. Instead of fixing that kabam is forcing us to place useless champs in defense through lame diversity concept. All these loopholes were not used in previous map coz of couple of things - Nodes were not too easy to take down and points were awarded for defender kills. This made everyone not to miss placement. They need to bring those 2 aspects of the war back. Kills on offense and defense should award equal points, that would make wars fair again.

    The point of Diversity is diversity. As in encouraging the use of a range of Champs. Diversity in Defense is because of the months of feedback from the Players themselves who were tired of Wars filled with Magik, NC, and other Champs that kept being used in spades every War. Let's face it. It was pretty much the same Champs every War. The issue was not MD. It was the monotony of War in fighting the same Champs every Attack Phase. The real issue is that the Players refuse to use a variety of Champs because they are so stuck in using the same ones. Not the first time we have seen that reaction with change. The Defender Kills meant that making an attempt could almost certainly cause a Loss if you had a certain amount of difficulty getting past them. That was the result of a chain effect because if certain Nodes couldn't be taken down, others were likely to KO trying to pile through theirs. No matter how you look at it, people were discouraged from even trying because there was a penalty for doing so. As with most changes that come, people are resisting it. It's barely even implemented. I really don't see it being reverted. If anything, it will be improved on, but this is the new current meta of War, and refusing to place anything really isn't going to revert it back. That's my opinion anyway.
  • vikky89 wrote: »
    EgeC wrote: »
    It's highly doubtful that they will revert the system. The most logical solution is if people join a War, they need to place in order to participate.

    It's highly doubtful you know or play the game. You don't need to place in order to join a war. You can join attack only. How did the guys join attack on the screenshot I posted above if they didn't place defenders?

    The most logical solution is to fix what they broke. Accepting something broken/corrupt is actually the most illogical thing to do.

    I'm well aware of how to play the game. In situations like this, a total revert is rarely the solution. They're not likely to scrap the entire idea now that it's been implemented. Historically, they've never done that. The system is intended to address some preexisting issues with War. Namely, the lack of diversity because of the abundance of Champs like NC and Magik, the huge gaps between Ally Ratings, the lack of reward for effort when trying to gain a Win because the Defense Kills lock you into a Loss, and I'm willing to bet the monopoly that has been created on certain Tiers. Simply put, the system is meant to allow for a more fair gaming experience. It's literally just been initialized, and people are finding a loophole already. What they're actually doing is taking advantage of the system and ambushing the opponent into a Loss because one places and the other doesn't. It's not the first time we've seen something like this. The 2* Wars came and were addressed. So, if people are creating an unfair advantage by not placing and forcing people to lose by default, the most reasonable solution is to make it a requirement to place in order to participate. That is the fairest solution. I'm not sure if people consider it a form of protest or not, but I'm almost positive it would be addressed in a way other than going back. That is my suggestion. Make Placement mandatory.

    No matter what there will always be champs who are good in attack and defense. Thats how kabam designs them. No point in placing champs in defense when you know they can be taken down easy. Why diversity just in defense, lets add diversity in offense too and no more Dr voodoos, see how many will bring IPs and KKs. Real Issue here is with MD and how it interacts with dexterity. Instead of fixing that kabam is forcing us to place useless champs in defense through lame diversity concept. All these loopholes were not used in previous map coz of couple of things - Nodes were not too easy to take down and points were awarded for defender kills. This made everyone not to miss placement. They need to bring those 2 aspects of the war back. Kills on offense and defense should award equal points, that would make wars fair again.

    The point of Diversity is diversity. As in encouraging the use of a range of Champs. Diversity in Defense is because of the months of feedback from the Players themselves who were tired of Wars filled with Magik, NC, and other Champs that kept being used in spades every War. Let's face it. It was pretty much the same Champs every War. The issue was not MD. It was the monotony of War in fighting the same Champs every Attack Phase. The real issue is that the Players refuse to use a variety of Champs because they are so stuck in using the same ones. Not the first time we have seen that reaction with change. The Defender Kills meant that making an attempt could almost certainly cause a Loss if you had a certain amount of difficulty getting past them. That was the result of a chain effect because if certain Nodes couldn't be taken down, others were likely to KO trying to pile through theirs. No matter how you look at it, people were discouraged from even trying because there was a penalty for doing so. As with most changes that come, people are resisting it. It's barely even implemented. I really don't see it being reverted. If anything, it will be improved on, but this is the new current meta of War, and refusing to place anything really isn't going to revert it back. That's my opinion anyway.

    Wars were always like this. Before Magik, NC it was ultron and spidey. Now after NC we have mordo and Dorm. After few months you will see new ones. Players refuse to use other champs coz their mechanics are bad in defense. Just like players refuse to use other champs in offense, you always see champs like Voodoo SL BW AA, SW in attack, why coz they are good in attack than the rest. You dont complain about monotony there. I am pretty sure most of them had issue with MD not the actual champs. And I have never seen anyone not trying in war just because they are going to give kills. They always do when they have champs with health. You either need to have skill to down a node or if not spend. It was balanced before between skill and spending. Taking away defender kills is just removing skill from the game. Just spend your way to win in war, and biggest irony is with new Map you dont even have to use any potions, 100% is easy to get. so only way to win is to find these loopholes. People are resisting certain changes cause everyone understood how bad and flawed they are.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 26,667 ★★★★★
    edited September 2017
    vikky89 wrote: »
    vikky89 wrote: »
    EgeC wrote: »
    It's highly doubtful that they will revert the system. The most logical solution is if people join a War, they need to place in order to participate.

    It's highly doubtful you know or play the game. You don't need to place in order to join a war. You can join attack only. How did the guys join attack on the screenshot I posted above if they didn't place defenders?

    The most logical solution is to fix what they broke. Accepting something broken/corrupt is actually the most illogical thing to do.

    I'm well aware of how to play the game. In situations like this, a total revert is rarely the solution. They're not likely to scrap the entire idea now that it's been implemented. Historically, they've never done that. The system is intended to address some preexisting issues with War. Namely, the lack of diversity because of the abundance of Champs like NC and Magik, the huge gaps between Ally Ratings, the lack of reward for effort when trying to gain a Win because the Defense Kills lock you into a Loss, and I'm willing to bet the monopoly that has been created on certain Tiers. Simply put, the system is meant to allow for a more fair gaming experience. It's literally just been initialized, and people are finding a loophole already. What they're actually doing is taking advantage of the system and ambushing the opponent into a Loss because one places and the other doesn't. It's not the first time we've seen something like this. The 2* Wars came and were addressed. So, if people are creating an unfair advantage by not placing and forcing people to lose by default, the most reasonable solution is to make it a requirement to place in order to participate. That is the fairest solution. I'm not sure if people consider it a form of protest or not, but I'm almost positive it would be addressed in a way other than going back. That is my suggestion. Make Placement mandatory.

    No matter what there will always be champs who are good in attack and defense. Thats how kabam designs them. No point in placing champs in defense when you know they can be taken down easy. Why diversity just in defense, lets add diversity in offense too and no more Dr voodoos, see how many will bring IPs and KKs. Real Issue here is with MD and how it interacts with dexterity. Instead of fixing that kabam is forcing us to place useless champs in defense through lame diversity concept. All these loopholes were not used in previous map coz of couple of things - Nodes were not too easy to take down and points were awarded for defender kills. This made everyone not to miss placement. They need to bring those 2 aspects of the war back. Kills on offense and defense should award equal points, that would make wars fair again.

    The point of Diversity is diversity. As in encouraging the use of a range of Champs. Diversity in Defense is because of the months of feedback from the Players themselves who were tired of Wars filled with Magik, NC, and other Champs that kept being used in spades every War. Let's face it. It was pretty much the same Champs every War. The issue was not MD. It was the monotony of War in fighting the same Champs every Attack Phase. The real issue is that the Players refuse to use a variety of Champs because they are so stuck in using the same ones. Not the first time we have seen that reaction with change. The Defender Kills meant that making an attempt could almost certainly cause a Loss if you had a certain amount of difficulty getting past them. That was the result of a chain effect because if certain Nodes couldn't be taken down, others were likely to KO trying to pile through theirs. No matter how you look at it, people were discouraged from even trying because there was a penalty for doing so. As with most changes that come, people are resisting it. It's barely even implemented. I really don't see it being reverted. If anything, it will be improved on, but this is the new current meta of War, and refusing to place anything really isn't going to revert it back. That's my opinion anyway.

    Wars were always like this. Before Magik, NC it was ultron and spidey. Now after NC we have mordo and Dorm. After few months you will see new ones. Players refuse to use other champs coz their mechanics are bad in defense. Just like players refuse to use other champs in offense, you always see champs like Voodoo SL BW AA, SW in attack, why coz they are good in attack than the rest. You dont complain about monotony there. I am pretty sure most of them had issue with MD not the actual champs. And I have never seen anyone not trying in war just because they are going to give kills. They always do when they have champs with health. You either need to have skill to down a node or if not spend. It was balanced before between skill and spending. Taking away defender kills is just removing skill from the game. Just spend your way to win in war, and biggest irony is with new Map you dont even have to use any potions, 100% is easy to get. so only way to win is to find these loopholes. People are resisting certain changes cause everyone understood how bad and flawed they are.

    I'm sorry, but Wars were not always like this. I've been playing them since they began. Problems arose over time. We will have to agree to disagree because I think the changes were needed. Whether people like how they went about it or not.
  • I've done the math and there are winning strategies other than not placing champs. If placing zero makes you think you'll get the win, by all means don't place a defense. My alliance will appreciate it when we meet.

    That said, being able to 100% every time is the problem. It negates the strength of an alliance and makes boss kills and exploration irrelevant. That's why people are trying to game the system. If you can't 100% every time, then defense and strength become important again.
  • EgeCEgeC Posts: 128
    I'm sorry, but Wars were not always like this. I've been playing them since they began. Problems arose over time. We will have to agree to disagree because I think the changes were needed. Whether people like how they went about it or not.

    Changes were needed yes but not by breaking the definition of a war. In a war you need defense and offense. Whether you force people to do placement or not, in its current status, there's NO defense. Maybe only at the end section JUST because you can place Mystic champions with a high MD. And at that point, the attack becomes a way of spending coins, not using skill.

    If Kabam wants a better system, they should:
    - Prevent MD trigger from dexterity
    - Change the mechanics logic of AI so that they can change the way AI attacks/defends DURING the fight
    - Make AW portals free so they don't consume unnecessary energy

    Right now the war is:
    - Open to zero champ exploit
    - Unfair
    - Very easy on attack
    - Defense is dependent on Mystic champs, evaders only

    This is a totally broken system. Doesn't matter what diversity **** you fool yourself with.


  • U doesn´t need too much to solve everyone problems.
    Just give 5-10k extra points to each ally that place all defenders, there problem solve
  • Thestoryteller6Thestoryteller6 Posts: 145 ★★
    vikky89 wrote: »
    vikky89 wrote: »
    EgeC wrote: »
    It's highly doubtful that they will revert the system. The most logical solution is if people join a War, they need to place in order to participate.

    It's highly doubtful you know or play the game. You don't need to place in order to join a war. You can join attack only. How did the guys join attack on the screenshot I posted above if they didn't place defenders?

    The most logical solution is to fix what they broke. Accepting something broken/corrupt is actually the most illogical thing to do.

    I'm well aware of how to play the game. In situations like this, a total revert is rarely the solution. They're not likely to scrap the entire idea now that it's been implemented. Historically, they've never done that. The system is intended to address some preexisting issues with War. Namely, the lack of diversity because of the abundance of Champs like NC and Magik, the huge gaps between Ally Ratings, the lack of reward for effort when trying to gain a Win because the Defense Kills lock you into a Loss, and I'm willing to bet the monopoly that has been created on certain Tiers. Simply put, the system is meant to allow for a more fair gaming experience. It's literally just been initialized, and people are finding a loophole already. What they're actually doing is taking advantage of the system and ambushing the opponent into a Loss because one places and the other doesn't. It's not the first time we've seen something like this. The 2* Wars came and were addressed. So, if people are creating an unfair advantage by not placing and forcing people to lose by default, the most reasonable solution is to make it a requirement to place in order to participate. That is the fairest solution. I'm not sure if people consider it a form of protest or not, but I'm almost positive it would be addressed in a way other than going back. That is my suggestion. Make Placement mandatory.

    No matter what there will always be champs who are good in attack and defense. Thats how kabam designs them. No point in placing champs in defense when you know they can be taken down easy. Why diversity just in defense, lets add diversity in offense too and no more Dr voodoos, see how many will bring IPs and KKs. Real Issue here is with MD and how it interacts with dexterity. Instead of fixing that kabam is forcing us to place useless champs in defense through lame diversity concept. All these loopholes were not used in previous map coz of couple of things - Nodes were not too easy to take down and points were awarded for defender kills. This made everyone not to miss placement. They need to bring those 2 aspects of the war back. Kills on offense and defense should award equal points, that would make wars fair again.

    The point of Diversity is diversity. As in encouraging the use of a range of Champs. Diversity in Defense is because of the months of feedback from the Players themselves who were tired of Wars filled with Magik, NC, and other Champs that kept being used in spades every War. Let's face it. It was pretty much the same Champs every War. The issue was not MD. It was the monotony of War in fighting the same Champs every Attack Phase. The real issue is that the Players refuse to use a variety of Champs because they are so stuck in using the same ones. Not the first time we have seen that reaction with change. The Defender Kills meant that making an attempt could almost certainly cause a Loss if you had a certain amount of difficulty getting past them. That was the result of a chain effect because if certain Nodes couldn't be taken down, others were likely to KO trying to pile through theirs. No matter how you look at it, people were discouraged from even trying because there was a penalty for doing so. As with most changes that come, people are resisting it. It's barely even implemented. I really don't see it being reverted. If anything, it will be improved on, but this is the new current meta of War, and refusing to place anything really isn't going to revert it back. That's my opinion anyway.

    Wars were always like this. Before Magik, NC it was ultron and spidey. Now after NC we have mordo and Dorm. After few months you will see new ones. Players refuse to use other champs coz their mechanics are bad in defense. Just like players refuse to use other champs in offense, you always see champs like Voodoo SL BW AA, SW in attack, why coz they are good in attack than the rest. You dont complain about monotony there. I am pretty sure most of them had issue with MD not the actual champs. And I have never seen anyone not trying in war just because they are going to give kills. They always do when they have champs with health. You either need to have skill to down a node or if not spend. It was balanced before between skill and spending. Taking away defender kills is just removing skill from the game. Just spend your way to win in war, and biggest irony is with new Map you dont even have to use any potions, 100% is easy to get. so only way to win is to find these loopholes. People are resisting certain changes cause everyone understood how bad and flawed they are.

    I'm sorry, but Wars were not always like this. I've been playing them since they began. Problems arose over time. We will have to agree to disagree because I think the changes were needed. Whether people like how they went about it or not.

    You're simply refusing to see the crux of the issue, which is that people used to place the same champs in defence because they're superb for defence.

    Instead of tackling the root of the problem, Kabam is just taking the lazy way out - diversity points.

    Not only is it lazy, it makes it impossible to have defender kills count for anything, because diversity and defender kills are diametrically opposed to each other. One encourages you to use champions to fill a quota, the other encourages you to use champions that will get the most kills.

    But why is this an alliance WAR? What is a war all about? Is it about having diverse troop types? No, it's about crushing the other side. If diversity helps with that, great. If it doesn't, and you want to encourage diversity, then fix the underlying mechanics.
  • Ron_HRon_H Posts: 64
    edited September 2017
    So when can we expect some answers on this subject? Seeing AW hasnt been disabled for a fix.. and more and more people getting pissed off losing to a alliance that hasnt put up any champ in defence.

    Also (eventho this has been mentioned plenty off times) when are you guys at kabam finally gonna start testing content first before you release it? Each time you guys hype new content..your player base already starts thinking "hmm wonder how many flaws/bugs this new content will have". That doesnt seem something a company would like to be known for..dont you think it time you guys atleast try to get some credit back from your customers?

  • Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Posts: 480 ★★
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    239pcu0bo69q.jpg

    @Etaki_Lirakoi this is the original image sent by Kabam. There are 6 that go behind the Contest of Champions Logo. Cause they do state 120 champs.
    112 spots, 8 fake spots behind the logo because they couldn't count. 6 of the 112 are blank.

    Ah ok..... but still, original picture sent by Contest of Champions Facebook page says 120 champs. So something doesn't add up cause you're right. 8 would fit behind the logo and we need only 6 to make 120.
    5 by 10 grid below the logo, that's 50.
    Same above, another 50.
    6 to the left and 6 to the right, 112 total spots, they literally just couldn't count.

    I do hate how they put 112 available spots but labeled it as 120 though, and then try to cover it up with transparent spots over the logo in a later picture.

    Add one Medusa has a crystal and does exist in rare places
    As said in my original comment, Medusa was already accounted for...
  • dmadge11dmadge11 Posts: 25
    Why can't we just have a game where skill is the deciding factor?? I mean isn't that what happens when you play any game or sport for that matter? We play and improve and have fun getting better and improving at it. This system is so flawed and rewards the player for not getting better at the core mechanics of the game but exploiting the broken system they have implemented. Such a massive disappointment.
  • one thing I like about this war is I don't have to fight Magik, Mordo, Juggy, Magik and Hyperion then Magik and Hyperion again and again. It became boring.
  • YSBYSB Posts: 192
    edited September 2017
    @Kabam Miike - have Kabam add a penalty for every missing defender. Negative 500 points for each missing defender. Problem solved.
This discussion has been closed.