**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Back Issues #5: Blood and Venom

Comments

• Options
    spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    Doom with SymSup synergy is also an iceman counter, that’s what I used.

Magik soloed the Venom boss easily.

Did completion and some exploration last night, the only problem fight thus far has been Havok.
  • Options
    BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    I’m thinking mordo sp2 is gonna destroy venom boss?
  • Options
    ThedancingkidThedancingkid Posts: 274 ★★
    Ambjony said:

I have already finished exploring V2, V3 and V4, and I'm in the middle of exploring V1 (chapter 2.3 exactly). Do you guys think it's easier to do this variant or should I keep exploring V1 first?

I only got R5 SS and Magik, and then R4 Dr Vodoo, GhostRider, Guillotine, Venom the Duck and Hood. No spiderverse heroe available.

It will depend on your champs, I tried v5, for nowhere and resumed v1 exploration (only 2.1 and 2.3 left now but they’re the trickiest with my champs).

Between VtD, Voodoo, Magik (all champs I don’t have) and SS you might have an easy enough time of v5.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020
    Soobe said:

Really disappointed in this varient. It's for top end game players. Who have all champs. I hav no spider verse champs starting 4* about it. How can you go from last varient being great to this.

That’s just because you don’t have the roster for it.

Overall I found V5 fun, and I believe that’s how Cavalier difficulty should look like. Challenging encounters that don’t outright kill you (eg Iceman where if you don’t have a Meph ranked, you won’t outright die to Coldsnap and just need to be more careful when playing).

Globals were good too. It didn’t make your champs crazy OP like V3 did, which is good. It benefitted if a change of playstyle was adopted (eg weaving heavy into attacks, or using lesser used champs nowadays like Spark and DV), or we could just ignore the globals and play the fight normally.

Side note is the attack values are pretty high, close to 6.3-6.4 levels, where defenders can kill you in one combo.

Besides that, did the full exploration today, spent 1 L1 revive in total. 😊
  • Options
    H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian
    xNig said:

Soobe said:

Really disappointed in this varient. It's for top end game players. Who have all champs. I hav no spider verse champs starting 4* about it. How can you go from last varient being great to this.

Overall I found V5 fun, and I believe that’s how Cavalier difficulty should look like. Challenging encounters that don’t outright kill you (eg Iceman where if you don’t have a Meph ranked, you won’t outright die to Coldsnap and just need to be more careful when playing).

Globals were good too. It didn’t make your champs crazy OP like V3 did, which is good. It benefitted if a change of playstyle was adopted (eg weaving heavy into attacks, or using lesser used champs nowadays like Spark and DV), or we could just ignore the globals and play the fight normally.

Side note is the attack values are pretty high, close to 6.3-6.4 levels, where defenders can kill you in one combo.

That iceman honestly wasn't that bad. Just brought in vtd as he had the highest hp out of my team and I just tanked the coldsnap. I do agree this is what Cav difficulty should look like
  • Options
    LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,166 ★★★★
    Finished exploring Variant 5 100% this morning. Overall it was fun. I had a stacked mystic roster + VtD + Venom to use. Not sure you really needed any spidey champs or other cosmic symbiotes. I had Stealth on the team for like 2 paths? other than that, it was team Mystic for the win.
  • Options
    UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    Overall, a fun experience but a bit to be left desired. I think the health and attack were on point with to reflect the increase in rewards.

I expected to use items but wound up using nothing outside of energy refills. There was also no “that path” or boss that everyone talks about trying to get through. I expected a bit more creativity in node design so in this regard it was a bit flat.

I do enjoy the restrictions that the Variants provide that forces me to use my lesser attackers. My team for this was Spark, Venom, Doom, Claire, and Magik. I didn’t have to change this team throughout the whole event which I was a bit surprised by.

The only truly new content were the globals and I honestly barely interacted with them. Hopefully for future Variants and for the upcoming Cav difficulty we’ll see some truly new design elements to give us a fun challenge.
  • Options
    SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

Soobe said:

Apart from the attack values this has been my favourite variant. I was expecting there to be another scenario where you get roadblocked without a champ like 1* hulk in v4. But it's surprisingly well designed, the global buffs in the first and last chapters are lackluster but the mystic chapter has a lot of cheese potential.
    I'd be happy for cavalier difficulty to be similar to this with the attack and health of bosses toned down a bit as I doubt cav rewards will be as good as this variant.
  • Options
    tkhan08tkhan08 Posts: 189 ★★
    The thing is no frighin AMBUSHES. Hate that part in some previous variants.
  • Options
    SatsuiNoHadouSatsuiNoHadou Posts: 753 ★★★
    xNig said:

Soobe said:

As for me I spent no items on exploration and I’m gunning for 100% itemless 😊
  • Options
    Itemless 100% is looking good thus far, 50% done with all paths.
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    H3t3r said:

xNig said:

Soobe said:

That iceman honestly wasn't that bad. Just brought in vtd as he had the highest hp out of my team and I just tanked the coldsnap. I do agree this is what Cav difficulty should look like
    See, I used Claire for Iceman. I just avoided him while the initial Coldsnap was active and once it expired, just spammed Sp2s with the curse of blood active to regen back the damage. Easy fight, it was a fun challenge to figure out how to counter it.
    @xNig 1 revive? That’s impressive, I think I ended up using around 11-15 total, I had some bad luck with Mephisto and the Domino’s Crit Failure killing me a lot. It was definitely to cheapest variant for me.
  • Options
    Zuluwoarrior1Zuluwoarrior1 Posts: 14
    Kudos Kabam... you again got the variant content spot on. Well done👍
  • Options

H3t3r said:

xNig said:

Soobe said:

See, I used Claire for Iceman. I just avoided him while the initial Coldsnap was active and once it expired, just spammed Sp2s with the curse of blood active to regen back the damage. Easy fight, it was a fun challenge to figure out how to counter it.
    @xNig 1 revive? That’s impressive, I think I ended up using around 11-15 total, I had some bad luck with Mephisto and the Domino’s Crit Failure killing me a lot. It was definitely to cheapest variant for me.
    Haha thanks. Had to restart a few paths a couple of times cause wasn’t in a good condition playing. Would have been better if I had a Claire though.

Spent that revive on SW cause was too lazy to drag the fight out with R4 Meph so zerged her down with DV SS Doom and Magik. 😂
  • Options
    Akumaccb said:

xNig said:

Soobe said:

Unboosted, no suicides, didn’t use VtD for regen too. 😊
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
    This variant is just stupid difficult. I’ve explored v2-4 and completed variant 1 when im saying this. You guys did a great job with each variant being more and more and more manageable after the next but it just seems like we went back in the direction of variant 1? Why make content so difficult ? Is it to make people brings out their wallets and mass spend on revives? I know I’ll get backlash from endgame players saying its easy, but that just further proves my point. This variant exploration is targetted to the deep end game players. Extremely dissapointed
  • Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,148 ★★★★★
    I haven’t explore this variant yet but in term of complete, it’s much easier than variant 1.
  • Options
    spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    GagoH said:

This variant is just stupid difficult. I’ve explored v2-4 and completed variant 1 when im saying this. You guys did a great job with each variant being more and more and more manageable after the next but it just seems like we went back in the direction of variant 1? Why make content so difficult ? Is it to make people brings out their wallets and mass spend on revives? I know I’ll get backlash from endgame players saying its easy, but that just further proves my point. This variant exploration is targetted to the deep end game players. Extremely dissapointed

Like all variants, it’s all about having the right counters. And if you do, it’s one of, if not the easiest.

But if you want to make the argument that it is more difficult, then just compare the rewards to previous variants.

• Options
    GagoH said:

It’s supposed to be more difficult, and this Variant is arguably closest to “end game content” as compared to Variant #1 when it was first released.

Variants #2-4 were crazy easy for the rewards it gave out.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,190 ★★★★★

biggest bs ive ever played. such overpowered champs and nodes. one combo and your full r5 5star or r2 6star is dead...that has nothing to do with skill, everyone slips up sometimes. and to all those who flexing here and say they doing this itemless, i bet to 99% thats straight up lies. have a nice day

Lol I’m for the most part items less wont lie I’m Hav use 4 revies In totalt and and only the last 2 camper to go in inmagie I’m wil use arund 5 reviews more. Since the last chanper is a bit harder and longer. So I’m not 100 item less but it definitely durable to do its item less
  • Options
    Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Everyone calling this one BS because it’s harder than V2-4.
    Think of V2-4 (and 1 I suppose) as stepping stones from act 5 to act 6.
    And V5 as a stepping stone from cavalier to act 6 completion/exploration.
  • Options
    QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    Just got done with my completion run, super happy to have pulled science 4-5 I can now take torch to r5 and tackle abyss.

Personally found it fun & total spend 200 units, but I only have one mystic at r5 and thats sym supreme, only going for the mystic/science crystals from now on to expand my mystic roster once I've got bwcv at least I'll aim for exploration

Team used
    5/65
    Stealthy
    Sym supreme

4/55
    Venom
    Spidergwen

6*/r1
    VTD
  • Options
    This was much much easier than v1......
    FUn challenge so far. I do have a fairly stacked mystic+r5 venom+r5 stealthy to explore, which may be why its not hard. That said, been using 4* voodoo for chap2, so its basically just rankups required. I think v4 was more "fun", but his one is fun enough. Should be 100% by tonight, 3 revives in so far (domino i hate you)
  • Options
    xNig said:

Akumaccb said:

xNig said:

Soobe said:

Unboosted, no suicides, didn’t use VtD for regen too. 😊
    Unboosted as well, no VTD as he’s only r3. Tbh honest suicides are more of a bane to me as I’ve died quite a few times due to recoil, but alas still itemless.