**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Hear me out... Cable > Domino

Comments

• Options
    SavageSavage Posts: 621 ★★★
    I don't know if he'll be better than Domino but he looks like a top 5 mutant for sure. Right under Magneto, Omega, AA, and Domino.
  • Options
    edited September 2020

Savage said:

I don't know if he'll be better than Domino but he looks like a top 5 mutant for sure. Right under Magneto, Omega, AA, and Domino.

Nope. Colossus Mags Domino Omega, AA, Namor, Havok and Sunspot are better
    In my defense, Havok doesn't have any real utility, Sunspot is very situational because of his reliance on stun, Namor is niche but effective, and Colossus is overly buff reliant w/no utility outside of his immunities and survivability. At least with Cable, I would be able to have sustainability with his regen and shut down opponents with his 90-100% aar and also practically have double immunity. Crazy power gain too and true strike for optional fights.
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Savage said:

Savage said:

In my defense, Havok doesn't have any real utility, Sunspot is very situational because of his reliance on stun, Namor is niche but effective, and Colossus is overly buff reliant w/no utility outside of his immunities and survivability.
    Havok has some utility. He has a DoT that AFAIK no one is immune to. He's also Incinerate immune without dealing Incinerate damage. He can gain prowess. He has natural power gain (albeit very slow).

His main thing is his high damage though. Same with Sunspot, but he gains perfect block assuming not fighting against Incinerate immune (which why would you fight against an Incinerate immune when you rely on Incinerate in the first place)
  • Options
    ItsDamien said:

Savage said:

Savage said:

In my defense, Havok doesn't have any real utility, Sunspot is very situational because of his reliance on stun, Namor is niche but effective, and Colossus is overly buff reliant w/no utility outside of his immunities and survivability.
    Havok has some utility. He has a DoT that AFAIK no one is immune to. He's also Incinerate immune without dealing Incinerate damage. He can gain prowess. He has natural power gain (albeit very slow).

His main thing is his high damage though. Same with Sunspot, but he gains perfect block assuming not fighting against Incinerate immune (which why would you fight against an Incinerate immune when you rely on Incinerate in the first place)
    But compared to what cable is now capable of... I don't think it's even close. Cable is going to be able to cover a lot of content without the need of anything but his heavy attack (which has long range) White mags will be able to further increase his useage on limber nodes with his prefight which is pretty cool too.
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Savage said:

ItsDamien said:

Savage said:

Savage said:

But compared to what cable is now capable of... I don't think it's even close. Cable is going to be able to cover a lot of content without the need of anything but his heavy attack (which has long range) White mags will be able to further increase his useage on limber nodes with his prefight which is pretty cool too.
    Wasn't disputing that Cable might be good now, although I'll reserve judgment for when I can try it for myself (I don't watch any CCP content so I wouldn't know what he's now capable of), I was disputing that Havok had no real utility, which he does have some useful utility depending on what you need specifically. Of course like any champ, their usefulness depends on personal roster, and specific needs at that time.
  • Options
    KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

KD: Cable is better than Domino with Apoc synergy!!!

Also KD: Domino is average without synergy!

I rest my case.

But Domino is average without synergies
  • Options

Savage said:

Savage said:

In my defense, Havok doesn't have any real utility, Sunspot is very situational because of his reliance on stun, Namor is niche but effective, and Colossus is overly buff reliant w/no utility outside of his immunities and survivability. At least with Cable, I would be able to have sustainability with his regen and shut down opponents with his 90-100% aar and also practically have double immunity. Crazy power gain too and true strike for optional fights.
    Maybe Havok and Sunspot, but Namor is crazy, insane fury, while also having nice regen and reflecting damage awakened which has insane utility. Namor > Cable (with synergy)
    Cable will finish fights so much faster than Namor. By the time that slog of building his imperius Rex is over, the fight will be over on Cable’s end.
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,741 ★★★★★
    Domino can still win scenarios when you can't play aggressively, can't spam or debuff like crazy.

Domino's biggest power is her raw basic damage. That alone gives her edge over many mamy champions. That Rulk&Massacre synergy is only icing on the cake
  • Options
    SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    Savage said:

Savage said:

People really out hear forgetting champs utility because cable got a good synergy.
    Havok has immunities, energy resistance, Dot, energy attacks, non-contact attacks, prowess, passive power gain.
    Don't get me wrong cables going to be nuts, but lets wait and see how practical he is before tossing him into top 5
  • Options
    Bulmkt said:

Cable is now insane, as you may have seen from the CCP videos! He can stack tons of degens (10+) if you play aggressive and deal serious amounts of damage. He has reached Omega Red levels of degeneration damage. He can finish Act 6.4 fights in like 25 hits, as demonstrated in BG's video.

Now let's look at Domino. She's a great champion. She's seen as a high damage champion. She's typically seen as a heavy spamming champion, but she requires 2 slots on her team for that. And her incinerate damage is all RNG based. You ideally need to crit on at least 1, if not both, of the hits of the heavy attack in order to inflict a powerful incinerate. Cable only requires 1 extra slot in the team, AND his damage is not RNG based, it is power based. So as long as you heavy spam, get the opponent to an sp1, make them throw it, heavy spam, repeat, your damage will be INSANE! Cable has the potential to be one of the most potent DOT champions in the entire game with this new synergy. In addition, no one is immune to degeneration, but quite a lot of champs are either immune or resistant to incinerate, or energy resistant (incinerate deals less or powers up their abilities like CMM and Bishop). Finally, Cable's degeneration is a WHOPPING 15 SECONDS, while Domino's incinerate is a meager 2 second incinerate (+1 second with Masacre synergy).

To all of you Domino simps, I am sorry for this, but I must be the one to deliver the truth. Cable is now a better champion than Domino. To Kabam, thank you for making all sig 80 Cable owners happy.

Hope this helps.

I now feel a lot better about owning a duped sig 20 R1 6* Cable...gives me now some hope that should I ever pull Apocalypse I'll have this 'new' God tier champ.

now the $64 question. in grand anticipation that one day I'll get Apocalypse should I look to R2 my cable now???
    Same man. Makes me feel better about my 6* Cable and 5* awakened Cable
  • Options
    MaxGaming said:

ItsDamien said:

KD: Cable is better than Domino with Apoc synergy!!!

Also KD: Domino is average without synergy!

I rest my case.

But Domino is average without synergies
    But Cable is Trash without synergies
    I'm saying that Cable with Apocalypse synergy is better than Domino
  • Options
    edited September 2020

Savage said:

Savage said:

People really out hear forgetting champs utility because cable got a good synergy.
    Havok has immunities, energy resistance, Dot, energy attacks, non-contact attacks, prowess, passive power gain.
    Don't get me wrong cables going to be nuts, but lets wait and see how practical he is before tossing him into top 5
    Most of what you said isn't a utility though. His slow power gain is barely a utility and his prowess does nothing but increase his special damage. His only immunity is incinerate and his energy resistance is fairly low. Cable has DoT too so don't know how that's relevant. When it comes to a difficult fight... what would do more for you? Non-contact attacks or extremely potent ability accuracy reduction? It's best to wait out a champion's usefulness in the end but on paper he's already better than Havok at least imo.
  • Options
    Mike192 said:

Yeah, Cable is way better, as everyone has apocalypse lying around, and also Red Hulk is a very rare character no one has. Also Domino doesn't have THE most potent bleed damage in the game, while also having the ability to land insane crits and stun the opponent doing so, also Domino can't literally shut down the opponent, shut down dexterity and make them degenerate awakened
    /s

True, she doesn't have the most potent bleed damage in the game. Nick Fury does. Domino has to get lucky and sometimes it takes a ton of sp2s/sp3s before you see a good critical bleed. Hope this helps.
    You really are thick. And I mean dumb thick, not thicc. Domino has an insanely potent bleed. Also Nick may have guaranteed bleeds, but they can't scale as high as hers.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBMPOFCthHU
    You get this once in 1000 fights so this is useless. Domino may have bleeds but that doesn't mean u need to bleed opponents in every fight. Nobody is Degen immune, but lets see how many champs are bleed immune....
    I didn't think of that. Nobody is degen immune which will also be a great positive for Cable. I still think domino's damage and constant aar put her above cable though. Don't forget domino can become a horseman too lol.
  • Options
    edited September 2020

Savage said:

Savage said:

Maybe Havok and Sunspot, but Namor is crazy, insane fury, while also having nice regen and reflecting damage awakened which has insane utility. Namor > Cable (with synergy)
    Namor's reflect damage is good and all but that won't always help you out and he also has the ramp up. I'd say he's more useful than Colossus though. People just don't wanna use Namor for some reason yet he's good for a lot of unavoidable damage.

Edit: Like this guy ^
  • Options

Maybe this thread should be ignored.. Here we are, calling the likes of namor, havok, sunspot, domino, colossus, all average. While cable becomes a top 5. You haven't even tried doing that yourself. You dont even have a 6* r3 cable they showcase. You don't know the matchups where it'll stop working. That apocalypse thing should be on always, etc etc. Dude, do ypu even play the game yoirself or worship the ccp members just like that? We're not playing the same game..

I think we can all agree that all those other champions are beyond god tier. Well... maybe not Havok who fits moreso in god tier but yea the rest for sure.
  • Options
    SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    Savage said:

Savage said:

Savage said:

Most of what you said isn't a utility though. His slow power gain is barely a utility and his prowess does nothing but increase his special damage. His only immunity is incinerate and his energy resistance is fairly low. Cable has DoT too so don't know how that's relevant. When it comes to a difficult fight... what would do more for you? Non-contact attacks or extremely potent ability accuracy reduction? It's best to wait out a champion's usefulness in the end but on paper he's already better than Havok at least imo.
    Yea the power gains slow but it's useful for nodes that reduce/negate combat power rate.
    His energy resistance mitigates most of the energy adoption lanes in 6.4.
    Cable also has dot but feedback isn't recognised as a damaging debuff so it bypasses things like cornered, lifecycle etc. You're right about prowess, forgot it didn't count for special connoisseur for some reason.
    It depends on the fight, I'd rather take non contact attacks for thorns,korg, electro etc
    My point was saying he doesn't have any real utility is false, champs play a lot different in practice than they look on paper so wait to see actually usability.