**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Hear me out... Cable > Domino

Comments

• SavageSavage Posts: 621 ★★★

Savage said:

Savage said:

Savage said:

I don't know if he'll be better than Domino but he looks like a top 5 mutant for sure. Right under Magneto, Omega, AA, and Domino.

Nope. Colossus Mags Domino Omega, AA, Namor, Havok and Sunspot are better
    In my defense, Havok doesn't have any real utility, Sunspot is very situational because of his reliance on stun, Namor is niche but effective, and Colossus is overly buff reliant w/no utility outside of his immunities and survivability. At least with Cable, I would be able to have sustainability with his regen and shut down opponents with his 90-100% aar and also practically have double immunity. Crazy power gain too and true strike for optional fights.
    People really out hear forgetting champs utility because cable got a good synergy.
    Havok has immunities, energy resistance, Dot, energy attacks, non-contact attacks, prowess, passive power gain.
    Don't get me wrong cables going to be nuts, but lets wait and see how practical he is before tossing him into top 5
    Most of what you said isn't a utility though. His slow power gain is barely a utility and his prowess does nothing but increase his special damage. His only immunity is incinerate and his energy resistance is fairly low. Cable has DoT too so don't know how that's relevant. When it comes to a difficult fight... what would do more for you? Non-contact attacks or extremely potent ability accuracy reduction? It's best to wait out a champion's usefulness in the end but on paper he's already better than Havok at least imo.
    Yea the power gains slow but it's useful for nodes that reduce/negate combat power rate.
    His energy resistance mitigates most of the energy adoption lanes in 6.4.
    Cable also has dot but feedback isn't recognised as a damaging debuff so it bypasses things like cornered, lifecycle etc. You're right about prowess, forgot it didn't count for special connoisseur for some reason.
    It depends on the fight, I'd rather take non contact attacks for thorns,korg, electro etc
    My point was saying he doesn't have any real utility is false, champs play a lot different in practice than they look on paper so wait to see actually usability.
    How does he migitate the energy adoption paths? My 5/65 bishop still takes a toll during the path and he has almost double Havok's energy resistance. Am I missing something?
  • Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    Cable is not better than Domino.

Domino is still way better than Cable.

Better AW Attacker and AW Defender than Cable.

Someone stated Domino 15% AAR reduction in her abilities. Well believe it or not that 15% AAR reduction is sufficient enough to prevent Unstoppable Colossus and Jugg from Unstoppable after specials, also have prevented Rage from triggering, Doom sp1 not unblockable, or IMIW sp1 not unblockable, soooo much more. Anyways, Domino brings soooo much more to the table than just pure raw damage and amazing bleeds and critical bleeds. I enjoy using her sooo much and she is one of my favorite. The occasional random stun, also soo satisfying. I have used Domino plenty of times in AW up to tier 2 without synergy and she is banging it still.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★

Cable who?
    edited September 2020

Cable is not better than Domino.

Domino is still way better than Cable.

Better AW Attacker and AW Defender than Cable.

Someone stated Domino 15% AAR reduction in her abilities. Well believe it or not that 15% AAR reduction is sufficient enough to prevent Unstoppable Colossus and Jugg from Unstoppable after specials, also have prevented Rage from triggering, Doom sp1 not unblockable, or IMIW sp1 not unblockable, soooo much more. Anyways, Domino brings soooo much more to the table than just pure raw damage and amazing bleeds and critical bleeds. I enjoy using her sooo much and she is one of my favorite. The occasional random stun, also soo satisfying. I have used Domino plenty of times in AW up to tier 2 without synergy and she is banging it still.

Don't forget that Cable has a 90% aar concussion though. People do seem to be forgetting that. His passive Power gain can keep it up too. We'll have to see who's ability shutdowns come out on top in the end. What we saw in the CCP was just a heavy spam fest but there is much more to cable than that.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    I am not too sure yet who is better as we need to test it ourselves first and Domino too can gain some benefits from being a Horseman. We just gotta wait and see.
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    Savage said:

Savage said:

Savage said:

Savage said:

I don't know if he'll be better than Domino but he looks like a top 5 mutant for sure. Right under Magneto, Omega, AA, and Domino.

In my defense, Havok doesn't have any real utility, Sunspot is very situational because of his reliance on stun, Namor is niche but effective, and Colossus is overly buff reliant w/no utility outside of his immunities and survivability. At least with Cable, I would be able to have sustainability with his regen and shut down opponents with his 90-100% aar and also practically have double immunity. Crazy power gain too and true strike for optional fights.
    People really out hear forgetting champs utility because cable got a good synergy.
    Havok has immunities, energy resistance, Dot, energy attacks, non-contact attacks, prowess, passive power gain.
    Don't get me wrong cables going to be nuts, but lets wait and see how practical he is before tossing him into top 5
    Most of what you said isn't a utility though. His slow power gain is barely a utility and his prowess does nothing but increase his special damage. His only immunity is incinerate and his energy resistance is fairly low. Cable has DoT too so don't know how that's relevant. When it comes to a difficult fight... what would do more for you? Non-contact attacks or extremely potent ability accuracy reduction? It's best to wait out a champion's usefulness in the end but on paper he's already better than Havok at least imo.
    Yea the power gains slow but it's useful for nodes that reduce/negate combat power rate.
    Cable also has dot but feedback isn't recognised as a damaging debuff so it bypasses things like cornered, lifecycle etc. You're right about prowess, forgot it didn't count for special connoisseur for some reason.
    It depends on the fight, I'd rather take non contact attacks for thorns,korg, electro etc
    My point was saying he doesn't have any real utility is false, champs play a lot different in practice than they look on paper so wait to see actually usability.
    How does he migitate the energy adoption paths? My 5/65 bishop still takes a toll during the path and he has almost double Havok's energy resistance. Am I missing something?
    You only ever need to have 1/2 shocks on you and the opponents start melting from plasma.
    They do 13 per tick on a r5 havok. With willpower you're healing.
    Also I take back what I said about his prowess
    It's working for special connoisseur now.

Savage said:

Savage said:

Savage said:

Savage said:

You only ever need to have 1/2 shocks on you and the opponents start melting from plasma.
    They do 13 per tick on a r5 havok. With willpower you're healing.
    Also I take back what I said about his prowess
    It's working for special connoisseur now.
    Ah I see. With bishop almost each time you parry you recieve a shock or whatever energy debuff in that quest. It starts to add up but his personal regen and willpower counteract the damage a bit.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    RU11011 said:

Cable who?

Fix up the order of those rarity levels, you monster. Ever heard of... Wait for it.... CABLE MANAGEMENT?
    I messed up...
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    If you have apocalypse why would you bring cable instead of domino?
  • MattstafariMattstafari Posts: 688 ★★★
    What happens to Domino(also a mutant) when she is in a synergy team with Apocalypse?
    Yeah I have full praise for havok as he helped me complete v4

Savage said:

Maybe this thread should be ignored.. Here we are, calling the likes of namor, havok, sunspot, domino, colossus, all average. While cable becomes a top 5. You haven't even tried doing that yourself. You dont even have a 6* r3 cable they showcase. You don't know the matchups where it'll stop working. That apocalypse thing should be on always, etc etc. Dude, do ypu even play the game yoirself or worship the ccp members just like that? We're not playing the same game..

I think we can all agree that all those other champions are beyond god tier. Well... maybe not Havok who fits moreso in god tier but yea the rest for sure.
    Another person who hasn't played havok
    Smh
    If you only play him for sp3 damage he might seem underwhelming but if can get feedback going he has really good damage

Savage said:

Maybe this thread should be ignored.. Here we are, calling the likes of namor, havok, sunspot, domino, colossus, all average. While cable becomes a top 5. You haven't even tried doing that yourself. You dont even have a 6* r3 cable they showcase. You don't know the matchups where it'll stop working. That apocalypse thing should be on always, etc etc. Dude, do ypu even play the game yoirself or worship the ccp members just like that? We're not playing the same game..

I think we can all agree that all those other champions are beyond god tier. Well... maybe not Havok who fits moreso in god tier but yea the rest for sure.
    Smh
    Even if I did have Havok I wouldn't use him over my Omega, Magneto, or Colossus and I have a good reason to. His utilities are limited and there are others that can outdamage him faster Why are you so fed up about Cable? You're acting like someone insulted your mother or something lol
    It's in the eye of the beholder man.
    Some think havok is great some do not.
    Some think kamala Khan is best in the game some do not.
    Savage said:

Savage said:

Smh
    Even if I did have Havok I wouldn't use him over my Omega, Magneto, or Colossus and I have a good reason to. His utilities are limited and there are others that can outdamage him faster Why are you so fed up about Cable? You're acting like someone insulted your mother or something lol
    >Hasn't played havok
    >Talks about how limited his utilities are
    What???
    He's not as good as omega, magneto or colossus but nobody claims he is.
    His rotation isn't even long. 1 sp1 in matchups without energy damage, heavy for feedback and prowess then sp3. Or just bring wasp synergy and go straight to sp3.

Savage said:

Savage said:

Smh
    >Hasn't played havok
    What???
    His rotation isn't even long. 1 sp1 in matchups without energy damage, heavy for feedback and prowess then sp3. Or just bring wasp synergy and go straight to sp3.
    You don't need to have a champion to know what they are capable of. Sure you can find different ways of playing the champ but I've seen so much Havok content I think I have a pretty good idea of where I'm coming from.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    I have Havok as a 5 star and honestly, his damage and utility is there but I would rather pick other mutants like Magneto or Omega over him.
    I personally dislike champs that need a slow build up like Namor and Havok except Magneto(I am an impatient player).

Savage said:

Savage said:

Smh
    Ah that explains it
    You don't have havok, I get it.

Havok can clear korgs in war faster than omega, he can clear dooms in war faster than omega, he can clear IMIWs in war faster than omega, he can take any matchup with energy damage, omega can't.
    He can clear hazard shift nodes in no time, omega can't, he can also reliable solo Doom bosses in war with stubborn.

Limited utilities? LOL
    Play him first then comment 😂

I'm fed up over cable...? I responded to your havok comment my dude, not cable.
    Your other comments say otherwise. War is pretty irrelevant to the topic though because not everyone plays war, myself included. I don't care much who's faster, but who has more utility. If I needed someone for energy I'll just bring my Bishop or CMM. I don't NEED Havok for energy nodes. But if I needed someone for AAR, Cable might just be my guy over the rest.
    edited September 2020

Savage said:

Savage said:

Savage said:

Smh
    >Hasn't played havok
    What???
    You don't need to have a champion to know what they are capable of. Sure you can find different ways of playing the champ but I've seen so much Havok content I think I have a pretty good idea of where I'm coming from.
    You'll never get the same insight watching gameplay snippets as you would actually using the character. it's pretty obvious you don't know where you're coming from by your claims about his utility.
    There's a laundry list of difficult fights he can cover
    By your logic then I wouldn't know how good of a champion Ghost is since I only have her as a maxed 4*. Look bro I'm far in Endgame so that alone should show I know my stuff. I don't need a certain champion to know how they function. I analyze all champions whether they be old or new. Based on speculation I knew Cable was going to be good for the entirety of the beginning month. Not all knowledge comes from hands-on experience. I know you guys like your Havok but you must come to the realization that not all people share your opinion or the public's opinion. Since there is some major Havok bias here that is drifting away from the topic I'm just going to carry on.
    Savage said:

Savage said:

Savage said:

Savage said:

Smh
    >Hasn't played havok
    What???
    You'll never get the same insight watching gameplay snippets as you would actually using the character. it's pretty obvious you don't know where you're coming from by your claims about his utility.
    There's a laundry list of difficult fights he can cover
    By your logic then I wouldn't know how good of a champion Ghost is since I only have her as a maxed 4*. Look bro I'm far in Endgame so that alone should show I know my stuff. I don't need a certain champion to know how they function. I analyze all champions whether they be old or new. Based on speculation I knew Cable was going to be good for the entirety of the beginning month. Not all knowledge comes from hands-on experience. I know you guys like your Havok but you must come to the realization that not all people share your opinion or the public's opinion. Since there is some major Havok bias here that is drifting away from the topic I'm just going to carry on.
    I've seen plenty of endgame players have bad takes so forgive me for not taking your word as gospel. You don't need a champ to know how they function but you won't be able to fully test how viable they are if you don't use them. And this isn't about liking or not liking havok. Don't have to like a champ to to acknowledge their utility. I don't enjoy playing ghost but best believe I'm using her to explore 6.3.6