**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Throne Breaker Title Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    JChanceH9 said:

Jaded said:

JChanceH9 said:

Jaded said:

Yeah I’m getting tired of the whinnying tbh. Kabam set up a new title, we live in their world when we play their game. They set the rules. Every announcement is more complaints. Honestly if these additions to the game annoy people so much they have complain here, just quit.

Some areas of the game definitely need feedback and opinions. This is not the way to go with it.

There will always be have’s and have not’s. If you don’t like it, do something about it. I am not referring to ranking up a bad 6*. I mean, just quit.

I look forward to my new title and everything shiny it may come with. If you want one, get off of here and go get one. Please stop putting a negative spin on every announcement. Or send a ticket into support about your concern with it. You’ll notice mods will stop talking in the thread soon and people will argue about it amongst themselves.

Very fun way to spend your day.

Yeah, I’m getting tired of your whining about players complaints tbh. You came on the forums where people share their perspective, this is the proper feedback outlet, and you chose to come here. We speak our mind. People have opinions about every announcement, complaints included. Honestly, if you can’t handle people giving their opinion, just leave.

Some things require your attention, the forums is not one of them.

There will always be ideas expressed in the forums you disagree with. If you don’t like it, do something about it. I’m not referring to flaming people. I mean, just leave.

I look forward to your departure and the freedom of expression that comes with it. If you toughen up, come on back. Please stop feeling compelled to speak about others’ differing thoughts. Or send a ticket into support with it. You’ll notice no one cares what you think, and people will continue expressing themselves.

Such a big world out there for you to explore.

Invalidation goes both ways, bub.
    I actually cycled back to this comment because apparently someone is salty about something...

Obviously I don’t expect to change the world with a snide comment about everyone complaining in regards to new announcements. I understand fully I just made a complaint about people who make complaints.

You ( @JChanceH9 ) did not get the point.

There was a time when coming to the forums was about getting the new announcements. Get excited with fellow forum members and so on. Now it’s filled with 1 complaint after another, then arguments.

Will I never complain about something again on mcoc? No, but my complaints will be structured towards how much of my time is spent in the game.

Making complaints about a progression gate is valid. How it goes about is not valid.

There are other avenues to make complaints, and the forums is actually NOT the best place to go. The mods have made it appear to be one of the best ways to voice your displeasure with the game, but it isn’t.

Also not sure why you deemed it necessary to try an insult towards me. Perhaps we need to talk it out a bit. I don’t hide from anyone...
    Line Id - jadedfusion84
    In game - jadedfusion
    Forum - Jaded

I’d give you my cell phone number too but that’s saved for @Kabam Miike 🤡
    Insisting people quit explicitly instead of voicing their opinions is not an accurate nor productive way to articulate the perspective you outlined above. Your original comment was both condescending and invalidating, while showcasing a penchant for hypocrisy and a lack of self-awareness. This is why I deemed it necessary to rewrite your own comment to show you how, as you put it, “insult[ing]” it was.

I don’t hide from anyone either, and I’m quite happy speaking candidly via this original venue.
    👏👏👏
    You corrected a mistake. I hope you sleep well tonight.

Now you’re just complaining about me, I’d suggest bringing it up with your mom and dad. They can probably help you more than I would.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    JChanceH9 said:

I just hope they don't nerf cyber weekend cav deals

Likely they’ll offer a large chunk of t5cc in the Cav odins bundle, and once you r3 someone on that day you’ll also get access to the thronebreaker offers. You heard it first here, folks.
    Unlocking a Title usually opens the next level. Always been that way. Unless they changed it.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,566 ★★★★★
    Overall, this is likely a positive mode.... but like others have said, the R3 requirements is not cool. It’s an arbitrary roadblock that will just piss people off more than achieve kabams goal.

It’d be nice to know what are the full benefits of the new title. Like.. how much different will the calendar & crystals be compared to Cav.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    edited September 2020
    Mcord117 said:

Werewrym said:

dot_ditto said:

H3t3r said:

I dont understand the need of the r3 6* requirement.

It's an attempt to replace the Gating mechanism ... *shrug*

These kinds of limits are not good, and when they finally admitted the 6* gates were bad .. they should have realized this isn't good idea either ..

oh well.
    This is completely different from 6* gates. The goal here is to split those who have obtained the cavalier title. They want that split to be a very high cutoff. R3 champs are probably only in the rosters of the top 1-2% of players which is what they want. It is nearly impossible to design content for cavalier players because the disparity between new Cavaliers and end game cavaliers is so large. This type of progression split is absolutely needed for health of the game.
    Except that many of the players without r3 champs can still do content easier than some of the 1-2% with r3. This does not fix the gap you are talking about, and if cavalier difficulty just came out after how long the community asked for it, I find it extraordinarily unlikely they are just going to role put thrown breaker
    I already made a comment in this thread where I stated my opinion on that. https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1430515#Comment_1430515

I do completely understand that some players are temporarily going to be exempt from this title because they have no r3 6* (due to bad RNG, but you may have act 6 and even abyss 100%), but if you are at that point in the game you should be able to at least see that having such a hefty cutoff will help in the long term with seperation of player progression. The problem with the cavalier title was that it was way to easy to obtain, and could even be gotten prematurely by just throwing some units at it. Having a progression level dependent on a r3 champ will ensure that players cannot just rush the progression milestones and start getting rewards way above their account level.
  • RatdaddyRatdaddy Posts: 3
    I think this is Kabams indirect method of trying to people to spend more money on t5cc. I completed 6.4 before all the nerfs. I dont have a 6* champ I would take to rank 3. I will not rank a champion to r3 unless it was worth it. Its kinda a shame that they put such an irrelevant requirement for end game rewards. Ch 6 was hard enough before the nerfs I feel.
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    I guess this makes sense, and in the end is probably a good thing, especially for me. I’ve been back-and-forth with the game this year, as treating patients in the Covid era is time-consuming and complicated. I haven’t been willing to participate with any kind of real alliance gameplay, and was kind of hoping I could catch back up just with focused gameplay and strategic usage of rank up resources. Now that that is essentially impossible, and this will thoroughly drop me down into the second or third tier of players (4th? Certainly not 5th??), and I can take the throttle off and really reevaluate my relationship with this game.
  • DanveerKarnaDanveerKarna Posts: 113
    No_oneuk said:

That's a tough one B) so many beautiful mega god tier champs of skill class coming, I am confused for my first R3 6*. Anybody to help me out?

P.S. : Act 6 is 100% and only have Skill t5cc

you can do act 6 100% but can't do abyss?
    Well, I just finished act 6 100%. Still recovering from the damage done. I am free to play player. U look at the top right, that's all hard work. It's not gonna sky rocket to 15k in one day with few taps.

Also, Abyss needs specific counters. I pulled those all 4 horsemen recently. Abyss is on radar but it's gonna be while before I do my first run.
  • Repto23Repto23 Posts: 735 ★★★
    So basically its a thank you to the whales for spending so much money on the game to get several R3s, while the f2p community is struggling with RNG not only for 6* but also the catalysts.
  • TO_GOTO_GO Posts: 8
    I think if you remove 6r3 from the condition and instead make it 100% of act6, no one will complain.

@Kabam Miike
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    The r3 requirement seems ridiculous, this is a story progression based title, yet the requirement (completion of act 6) doesn’t give you the rewards you need to have the requirement for the title.

Those materials need to come from outside the story based content such as abyss, high level AQ/AW, spending, act 6 exploration etc

How can it be classed as story based?
  • Goken2345Goken2345 Posts: 621 ★★
    Faseeh said:

nobody is forcing us to rank up unawakened or mid tier champs to r3! just calm down. where did the patience gone?
    mankind is so messed up right now. everybody wants everything and they want it now.
    sometimes u need to wait and work for something to understand the real value.

There is no guaranteed rewards for working hard in this game it is pure Rng.
    all rewards are guaranteed in this game. u get a 6star nexus after exploring act 6 or am i wrong?
    Yeah and what the guarantee to not pull 6* cyclops,6* iron patriot and 6* groot?

F

• danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,044 ★★★★★
    Markjv81 said:

The r3 requirement seems ridiculous, this is a story progression based title, yet the requirement (completion of act 6) doesn’t give you the rewards you need to have the requirement for the title.

Those materials need to come from outside the story based content such as abyss, high level AQ/AW, spending, act 6 exploration etc

There is no more story content, that died with act 6 as far as being any type of measure of progression
  • Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,548 ★★★★★
    As much as I hate to say it, the 5 stages of grief are surely coming in this thread.
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★

Markjv81 said:

There is no more story content, that died with act 6 as far as being any type of measure of progression
    Say what? The mail literally says story based progression. No other progression based title relies on outside content being completed.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,044 ★★★★★
    Markjv81 said:

Markjv81 said:

Say what? The mail literally says story based progression. No other progression based title relies on outside content being completed.
    They said that story content isn't going to be challenging anymore. It'll be just for fun content that'll be easy for everyone to go through, so it makes no sense to use it as any type of progression measure
  • TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★
    Today has seriously made me ask myself why do I come to the forums again? This is has been a slow painful read from both sides of the argument
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Markjv81 said:

Markjv81 said:

you mean besides incursions and the other items based on it?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Lainua said:

Markjv81 said:

It's sad. When profit killed all great things in the game.

They should keep act 6 as it was and make act 7 as challenging as possible.
    That would have broken the line of progression in ways no one would have been able to get past.