**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Throne Breaker Title Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Tiger360 said:

Tiger360 said:

Tiger360 said:

benshb said:

Lainua said:

RoOOts said:

Pulyaman said:

People saying BG is an example of FTP really need to get a reality check. He plays practically everyday and streams almost every day. He is not an example of an average FTP. Also, I honestly think Kabam should have made this 3 R3 and act 6 exploration. If they really did want to divide the most advanced vs just cavalier, that should have been the metric. Almost anyone can complete act 6 and T5cc can requirement is too much rng. 3 R3 means you have done Abyss and you actually have little content to do and will enable them to release ultra difficult content to suite the elites.

Agree, even giving the title out for 1000$ spent in game would be more honest. At least no RNG.

And if they asked 1000 dollars for requirements do you pay or criticize them again? You can say anything you want
    benshb said:

Superc9 said:

benshb said:

1. It didn't necessarily buffed people's rosters, I'm currently like 20 / 0 on dual crystals for Doom/quake - and it still depend on RNG.

2. the problem is that the 2 requirements are 2 ends of a rope. Either have 6.4 completion, and with it have a certain number (10-15-20) of 5r5 (which fits the progression more), or if they want the 6r3, then have act 6 or 6.4 100% , they fit together more.

3. 7 stars are still faaaaar off the table, like, Avengers 5 far.

1. Stop thinking that it's just you that matters. No one cares about you or me. Just because you didn't get the champ you wanted doesn't mean it hasn't helped others. On average these changes boosted champ accessibility significantly, so Kabam has to bump difficulty.

2. What looks insurmountable now will become much easier in the future. You can't fast forward yourself to the front of the line.

3. 7s aren't far off if the community keeps demanding things. Whether we like it or not, the game is slowly marching towards them. Whining, complaining and getting dual class crystals and Cav difficulty only speeds this up.
    I never said it was only me, but I'm one of the many people.
    And I know I can't fast forward, and I understand that we need an other progression separator, what's more, I definitely agree with that, but putting it behind a huge luck wall, or to be forced to rank up is not the right way imo. All I'm saying, make it a number of r5s instead of r3. It still depend on the same luck/force factor, but much less, and fresh cavalier players will still get locked out of the next part of the content/perk, until they have the enough number of high ranked champions.

Having access to better perks for a player with 1 r3 and like 3 r5s because they were lucky and just completed act 6 is not fair against someone who 100% done act 6 and has 35 r5s, but werent lucky enough for a good r3 .

In My Opinion
    Luck? There is no luck involved if you have 40 6*. Luck only a factor if your 6* roster is undeveloped. So as fas as I can see it, all the guys including you who are complaining have undeveloped roster and of course you are not the target they are aiming to.

And we are very fine with it.
    Lol, then look around reddit and twitter, you will find many people with 100% act6 and without a reasonable r3 candidate, Mr. Entitled
    Act 6 is a joke now. That's specifically why there is an additional requirement now. Plenty of people will be able to go straight from getting cav to exploring Act 6.
    Ugh you have to be kidding me. This guy just thinks about himself and that’s it. Just because you spend hours a day grinding this game and are able to find act 6 easy (obvious cap, guarantee you’ve struggled with certain nodes) doesn’t mean other players will find it just as easy.

Tiger360 said:

Tiger360 said:

Tiger360 said:

This title is hard to get if you’re a f2p player.

Very incorrect. I won’t say I’m f2p but I am pretty close to it. I have a buddy who is entirely f2p.

We both will be getting it on October 1st.

Ps. By saying I’m pretty close to f2p I mean I don’t buy deals for class frags or champion crystals. I usually just get the 4.99 735 unit deal, that’s the best deal they offer. Sometimes also get the sigil. I grind pretty frequently for my units. So a f2p can easily achieve this.
    Again, one of the most advanced F2P players, BG, just go this first 6 star rank 3, and he grinds for hours and hours a day lol
    The man literally had an awakened IW and the t5cc for over a month.
    He had options and choose to save it. He could have had a r3 a while ago don't understand why people think he's a special case. This is the same guy that took a break and actively avoiding ranking 6* until recently
    Dude, he started a week account and grinded for like 15 hours a day. If you don't think he's a special case, you either do just that or you are just being mind controlled by Kabam through their Rig Ray. And a month is not that long to hold off on T5CC if you are telling some players to be "patient" and wait for a year + until they can get their first R3 lol
    You should focus on getting your second and third r5 5* before focusing on r3 6*. He had a wasp,thing, ghulk, unawakened torch, and awakened IW. He wasn't lacking choices. It doesn't take a year+ to r3 a champ.
    Abyss came out 8 months ago and 6.4 not long after yet we already have people running around with 8+ r3
    You really looked back on my past posts lol? I’m talking about skilled players. Just because you use your mums card to buy yourself units and plough through content doesn’t mean your good nor do you deserve a title

Tiger360 said:

Tiger360 said:

Very incorrect. I won’t say I’m f2p but I am pretty close to it. I have a buddy who is entirely f2p.

Ps. By saying I’m pretty close to f2p I mean I don’t buy deals for class frags or champion crystals. I usually just get the 4.99 735 unit deal, that’s the best deal they offer. Sometimes also get the sigil. I grind pretty frequently for my units. So a f2p can easily achieve this.
    Again, one of the most advanced F2P players, BG, just go this first 6 star rank 3, and he grinds for hours and hours a day lol
    He had options and choose to save it. He could have had a r3 a while ago don't understand why people think he's a special case. This is the same guy that took a break and actively avoiding ranking 6* until recently
    Dude, he started a week account and grinded for like 15 hours a day. If you don't think he's a special case, you either do just that or you are just being mind controlled by Kabam through their Rig Ray. And a month is not that long to hold off on T5CC if you are telling some players to be "patient" and wait for a year + until they can get their first R3 lol
    Why are you even remotely concerned with this in the first place? You barely got cavalier a month ago with a single R5 5*. You're so far outside of the target audience for this it's not even funny
    Oh shut up mate, I’m talking about other players. Not everything has to be about yourself you know? I think it’s pretty obvious your little kabam club is out numbered and the vast majority of people agree that 6 star rank 3s are overkill. If you want to argue sure, keep thinking that just because you defend kabam you are going to pull a 6 star Ghost in your next Cav crystal 🤡💩
    Most people are incapable of looking past their personal situation and don’t care at all about the future of the game, at least work is trying 🤷‍♂️
    Exactly, kabam could make the requirement a Rank 5 6 star and they would still defend it saying something like “It WiLl Be AvAIlAbLe SoOn”
    You simply can't compare yourself to Work. He's in a master AW alliance. That is the highest level of competition in this game. To tell you the difference between where you're at and master guy. I'm in p3 war which is probably higher than yours for sure and we brought in a masters level AW guy and he didn't die the entire two seasons he was with us and took every mini boss and boss on either side of the map we asked him to. That's why when you all talk about skill and how whales just throw money at the game it's completely false.
    Want to show proof he didn't die a single time? Or am I just supposed to take your word for it. Everyone dies, even people like Lagacy which are really good at the game make mistakes so I call bs on that, and yeah, money usually leads to good champs my guy. Before I was kicked from my ally for Inactivity I was clearing paths itemless too with people like Ghost (Super easy, you literally can't take hits, I wouldn't even call it skill) but do you know how many players are in alliances like that? As someone said, 3% of people in the game have a rank 3 6 star, your just asking for the other 97% to be left in the dust whilst the 3% are getting buffed for free lol, its like a reward for spending or no lifing the game and thats just facts
    My comment got deleted but friend me on line and I will prove it to you. There's levels to this game you simply don't understand which is why you're arguing about a skill level you're no where near close to.
    You can’t expect me to add you without giving me your Line ID, also it’s a mobile game, this isn’t csgo, anyone can get good b

@danielmath let me call you out here. I saw your post saying act6 is no longer challenging.
    I 100ed abyss yesterday, in 12k units. Now I will look at act6 exploration. I have completed exploration of 6.2 pre nerf, have 6.3 and 6.4 left.
    Inflated attack values is NOT fun. You may find it fun, and can sit on your pompous horse right up there, or post gameplay here of your "iinsane" quake play. For all I see is a salty person who spent items to complete act6 for prestige purposes, now dismayed that others who waited may have it a little easier. I could care less of your opinion that it isnt challenging. I do not find such inflated values fun, so I did not bother. I honestly still don't, but will start exploring now just because I have nothing else to do. Definitions of "fun" vary for everyone, and if dying in 3 hits is your idea of fun, more power to you. But don't expect your opinion to be a reflection of everyone else's in this game.

They're not done nerfing it, wait till they finish. They're still taking out all the hard fights in December, wait till then. Obviously my opinion doesn't reflect everyone else, nobody's opinion reflects everyone else. I'm not salty that it's easier, i'm sad that 7.1 is not going to be challenging at all and that hasn't even come out.
    Challenge yourself and use 5*r4 then, or do it with psylocke and beast. Even you could do it with them being a horseman.

Snide comments aside, Story isnt really meant to be the "toughest" content in game. We have periodic events that fulfill that purpose, content that doesnt need to be finished to progress. The reason they are nerfing Act6 is that folks could care less to 100% it. Now people will fight through, a business decision. Like how they dangle scraps of t5cc to you folks and you all buy it for 50$ for a "good value". A "business decision".
    Specific content wont still be easy, and if you wanted a challenge you could do Omega rush without your quake. The "pain" event will give your blood a rush, for your "challenge". If you wish to have challenge from present content, do it with subpar challenge to fulfill your appetite.
    What events do we have? Summer of pain was the only one that was supposed to be a challenge and it doesn't exist. The issue isn't necessarily me specifically, i like the game too much to retire and my alliance would be too heartbroken so I couldn't do that to them lol.

Here's the issue with your idea (and i've read this plenty) to use lower champs: What incentive do people have to try to push for r3's if they're useless? I currently have 8 of them. Ghost, wasp, corvus, elsa, king groot, sunspot, g2099, nick fury. Only 2 of them are actually relevant for my gameplay, corvus for AW, king groot for AQ. If you took away the other 6, nothing would change for me except prestige, they are useless because none of the solo content needs r3's at all.
    r3's are pretty much for prestige. How can you connect r3s to challenge? You want a challenge, you want r3s, and you want others not to complain. Pick what you want.
    Maze was one such piece of content. the 4* challenge comes to mind, i used weird options and beat the content itemless. I used a bunch of 4* in the omega challenge to challenge myself to do it itemless ( i failed, had to use potions).
    all your r3s are useful, how can you ask someone to take up garbage like psylocke and yondu when not one of your champs is useless. Your position ( and WnP's) is completely different from the 99.9% of the player base, so do not make assumptions as to what we should rank, since you folks can afford to drop money to get what you want (nothing wrong with that).
    But your position looks like a spoilt child that seems to want everything, while asking others to make big concessions, while you look at others through the end of your nose, which is not an attractive attitude. Kind of reminds me of this annoying 4Loki dude by the name Dreamin (which would be hilarious if you were him).
    Well 99.9% of the playerbases position would matter if this title was supposed to cover 99.9% of the playerbase. It isn't, so it doesn't.
    So it boils your blood that you aren't exclusive enough already?
    Exactly lol, just feel like this dude wants to be above everyone else for the flex and he doesn’t want humble peasants who refuse to spend on a mobile game up there with him as it hurts his ego
    My comment got deleted and I forgot to add it on the second post. The_Talents. You can see what we do personally and if you can do it then we can talk about what you deserve and not deserve. Unfortunately, thronebreaker is just not for you yet. Simple and plain.
  • Options
    BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    Maybe if they made the monthly content challenging the map 5 peasants wouldn’t be interested in the precious TB title.
  • Options
    BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    Superc9 said:

Not right to call them peasants, because regardless of what tier they're in or how weak their roster is, we're all players trying to enjoy this game at whatever pace we decide to play at.

But they have to knock off the entitlement.

I was being sarcastic dude, just joining in with the conceited sneering.

• Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

@danielmath let me call you out here. I saw your post saying act6 is no longer challenging.
    I 100ed abyss yesterday, in 12k units. Now I will look at act6 exploration. I have completed exploration of 6.2 pre nerf, have 6.3 and 6.4 left.
    Inflated attack values is NOT fun. You may find it fun, and can sit on your pompous horse right up there, or post gameplay here of your "iinsane" quake play. For all I see is a salty person who spent items to complete act6 for prestige purposes, now dismayed that others who waited may have it a little easier. I could care less of your opinion that it isnt challenging. I do not find such inflated values fun, so I did not bother. I honestly still don't, but will start exploring now just because I have nothing else to do. Definitions of "fun" vary for everyone, and if dying in 3 hits is your idea of fun, more power to you. But don't expect your opinion to be a reflection of everyone else's in this game.

They're not done nerfing it, wait till they finish. They're still taking out all the hard fights in December, wait till then. Obviously my opinion doesn't reflect everyone else, nobody's opinion reflects everyone else. I'm not salty that it's easier, i'm sad that 7.1 is not going to be challenging at all and that hasn't even come out.
    Challenge yourself and use 5*r4 then, or do it with psylocke and beast. Even you could do it with them being a horseman.

Snide comments aside, Story isnt really meant to be the "toughest" content in game. We have periodic events that fulfill that purpose, content that doesnt need to be finished to progress. The reason they are nerfing Act6 is that folks could care less to 100% it. Now people will fight through, a business decision. Like how they dangle scraps of t5cc to you folks and you all buy it for 50$ for a "good value". A "business decision".
    Specific content wont still be easy, and if you wanted a challenge you could do Omega rush without your quake. The "pain" event will give your blood a rush, for your "challenge". If you wish to have challenge from present content, do it with subpar challenge to fulfill your appetite.
    What events do we have? Summer of pain was the only one that was supposed to be a challenge and it doesn't exist. The issue isn't necessarily me specifically, i like the game too much to retire and my alliance would be too heartbroken so I couldn't do that to them lol.

Here's the issue with your idea (and i've read this plenty) to use lower champs: What incentive do people have to try to push for r3's if they're useless? I currently have 8 of them. Ghost, wasp, corvus, elsa, king groot, sunspot, g2099, nick fury. Only 2 of them are actually relevant for my gameplay, corvus for AW, king groot for AQ. If you took away the other 6, nothing would change for me except prestige, they are useless because none of the solo content needs r3's at all.
    r3's are pretty much for prestige. How can you connect r3s to challenge? You want a challenge, you want r3s, and you want others not to complain. Pick what you want.
    Maze was one such piece of content. the 4* challenge comes to mind, i used weird options and beat the content itemless. I used a bunch of 4* in the omega challenge to challenge myself to do it itemless ( i failed, had to use potions).
    all your r3s are useful, how can you ask someone to take up garbage like psylocke and yondu when not one of your champs is useless. Your position ( and WnP's) is completely different from the 99.9% of the player base, so do not make assumptions as to what we should rank, since you folks can afford to drop money to get what you want (nothing wrong with that).
    But your position looks like a spoilt child that seems to want everything, while asking others to make big concessions, while you look at others through the end of your nose, which is not an attractive attitude. Kind of reminds me of this annoying 4Loki dude by the name Dreamin (which would be hilarious if you were him).
    Well 99.9% of the playerbases position would matter if this title was supposed to cover 99.9% of the playerbase. It isn't, so it doesn't.
    No it boils my blood that this game is being turned into a snooze fest for any competitive players. If segmenting the playerbase again gets us some content that isn't boring. I'm all for it.
    This will keep you disappointed. This is a title that segments rewards, not content. You are fighting the wrong battle then.
    ampaign progression titles help segment players so that we can appropriately target content and rewards to different levels of progression and roster maturity
    And my only qualm is segment them by content and not RNG.

No it boils my blood that this game is being turned into a snooze fest for any competitive players. If segmenting the playerbase again gets us some content that isn't boring. I'm all for it.
    This will keep you disappointed. This is a title that segments rewards, not content. You are fighting the wrong battle then.
    we tried to fight the content battle and lost, badly, it just is what it is at this point
    But hey, you can boast to have completed it "pre nerf" which is what you like, dont you. Even your teammate, BG, disliked the notion of r3s to gate this content.
    BG is against the act 6 nerfs and the overall nerfing of everything in the game so he's not a good example
    False, not against act6 nerfs. True, nerfing everything else.
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

ampaign progression titles help segment players so that we can appropriately target content and rewards to different levels of progression and roster maturity

we tried to fight the content battle and lost, badly, it just is what it is at this point
    But hey, you can boast to have completed it "pre nerf" which is what you like, dont you. Even your teammate, BG, disliked the notion of r3s to gate this content.
    the problem is this is not the fight you want to make. They dont want to do 6.4 as the target and the abyss is terrible for it because you cannot do it itemless, you have to spend units. So it is either take it back to book 2, or having r3s
    Rather have a content gate like 100% abyss/Act6/Act7 chap1, than an RNG gate.
    100% abyss is the same difference, if you’re there you’ll meet the requirement at the end of it. The difference here is that one r3 gives players multiple avenues towards achieving it, giving them options and choices; including burning the first t5cc you get. 100% anything is too restrictive.
    Their point was to gate on roster progression, wasnt it? What better way to measure roster progression than sheer content? Why tie RNG to it? I can show you accounts with **** rosters but having an r3, and those with more content done and not good enough to having a good champ for an r3. How is that satisfying Kabam's goal?
    both have RNG to it, because RNG is a big part in this game.

the purpose of a progression title is to show you should be capable of taking on a certain level of content with your roster. The 2 ways to do this is to prove you can beat content similar, cav title, or to show you have a roster that should be capable of doing that content.

Both are legit

As for content there is no longer a good way to do this. The title should not be put behing a payment requirement for that level, this is why abyss is bad because you cannot 100% clear without paying with any team of r3s And book 2 is bad, because it is no longer challenging. That leaves a roster check only.
    RNG is part to getting the "perfect" counters, this game is about strategy as well. Artifically forcing RNG to play a major role in progression, even after RNG governs which champs you get (which in itself governs your ability to do content) is a lazy and non intuitive way to do things.
    You hit it right there, and immediately lost it. You either can do the content or not. Roster dept and size is a perfectly legit way to detemine it. There wil always be those who can get lucky, or spend, to it, that does not diminish it.
    You lost it faster than I did. R3s are not a way to measure roster depth. As the comments and feedback has shown. Which is the point i dislike. As Daniel has said, he "uses" only 2 of his r3s. I Use my r3 sparingly (hopefully my next rankups will be used more), so it is obvious r3s aren't gamebreaking or vital, or even a measure of roster depth. So now, why are they so important to the next level of progression?
    He also says a lot of untrue things, you can find a stream where he uses one of his first r3s, ghost, to compete for 6.4 legends.
    Times change, that was before the nerfs. Also, that was a massive mistake I greatly regret
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

It does both. It may take longer for the content but that is also the plan.
  • Options
    Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★

Tiger360 said:

Tiger360 said:

benshb said:

Lainua said:

RoOOts said:

Pulyaman said:

People saying BG is an example of FTP really need to get a reality check. He plays practically everyday and streams almost every day. He is not an example of an average FTP. Also, I honestly think Kabam should have made this 3 R3 and act 6 exploration. If they really did want to divide the most advanced vs just cavalier, that should have been the metric. Almost anyone can complete act 6 and T5cc can requirement is too much rng. 3 R3 means you have done Abyss and you actually have little content to do and will enable them to release ultra difficult content to suite the elites.

Agree, even giving the title out for 1000$ spent in game would be more honest. At least no RNG.

And if they asked 1000 dollars for requirements do you pay or criticize them again? You can say anything you want
    benshb said:

Superc9 said:

benshb said:

1. It didn't necessarily buffed people's rosters, I'm currently like 20 / 0 on dual crystals for Doom/quake - and it still depend on RNG.

2. the problem is that the 2 requirements are 2 ends of a rope. Either have 6.4 completion, and with it have a certain number (10-15-20) of 5r5 (which fits the progression more), or if they want the 6r3, then have act 6 or 6.4 100% , they fit together more.

3. 7 stars are still faaaaar off the table, like, Avengers 5 far.

1. Stop thinking that it's just you that matters. No one cares about you or me. Just because you didn't get the champ you wanted doesn't mean it hasn't helped others. On average these changes boosted champ accessibility significantly, so Kabam has to bump difficulty.

2. What looks insurmountable now will become much easier in the future. You can't fast forward yourself to the front of the line.

3. 7s aren't far off if the community keeps demanding things. Whether we like it or not, the game is slowly marching towards them. Whining, complaining and getting dual class crystals and Cav difficulty only speeds this up.
    I never said it was only me, but I'm one of the many people.
    And I know I can't fast forward, and I understand that we need an other progression separator, what's more, I definitely agree with that, but putting it behind a huge luck wall, or to be forced to rank up is not the right way imo. All I'm saying, make it a number of r5s instead of r3. It still depend on the same luck/force factor, but much less, and fresh cavalier players will still get locked out of the next part of the content/perk, until they have the enough number of high ranked champions.

Having access to better perks for a player with 1 r3 and like 3 r5s because they were lucky and just completed act 6 is not fair against someone who 100% done act 6 and has 35 r5s, but werent lucky enough for a good r3 .

In My Opinion
    Luck? There is no luck involved if you have 40 6*. Luck only a factor if your 6* roster is undeveloped. So as fas as I can see it, all the guys including you who are complaining have undeveloped roster and of course you are not the target they are aiming to.

And we are very fine with it.
    Lol, then look around reddit and twitter, you will find many people with 100% act6 and without a reasonable r3 candidate, Mr. Entitled
    Act 6 is a joke now. That's specifically why there is an additional requirement now. Plenty of people will be able to go straight from getting cav to exploring Act 6.
    Ugh you have to be kidding me. This guy just thinks about himself and that’s it. Just because you spend hours a day grinding this game and are able to find act 6 easy (obvious cap, guarantee you’ve struggled with certain nodes) doesn’t mean other players will find it just as easy.

Tiger360 said:

Tiger360 said:

Tiger360 said:

You should focus on getting your second and third r5 5* before focusing on r3 6*. He had a wasp,thing, ghulk, unawakened torch, and awakened IW. He wasn't lacking choices. It doesn't take a year+ to r3 a champ.
    Abyss came out 8 months ago and 6.4 not long after yet we already have people running around with 8+ r3
    You really looked back on my past posts lol? I’m talking about skilled players. Just because you use your mums card to buy yourself units and plough through content doesn’t mean your good nor do you deserve a title

Tiger360 said:

Tiger360 said:

Why are you even remotely concerned with this in the first place? You barely got cavalier a month ago with a single R5 5*. You're so far outside of the target audience for this it's not even funny
    Oh shut up mate, I’m talking about other players. Not everything has to be about yourself you know? I think it’s pretty obvious your little kabam club is out numbered and the vast majority of people agree that 6 star rank 3s are overkill. If you want to argue sure, keep thinking that just because you defend kabam you are going to pull a 6 star Ghost in your next Cav crystal 🤡💩
    Most people are incapable of looking past their personal situation and don’t care at all about the future of the game, at least work is trying 🤷‍♂️
    Exactly, kabam could make the requirement a Rank 5 6 star and they would still defend it saying something like “It WiLl Be AvAIlAbLe SoOn”
    You simply can't compare yourself to Work. He's in a master AW alliance. That is the highest level of competition in this game. To tell you the difference between where you're at and master guy. I'm in p3 war which is probably higher than yours for sure and we brought in a masters level AW guy and he didn't die the entire two seasons he was with us and took every mini boss and boss on either side of the map we asked him to. That's why when you all talk about skill and how whales just throw money at the game it's completely false.
    Want to show proof he didn't die a single time? Or am I just supposed to take your word for it. Everyone dies, even people like Lagacy which are really good at the game make mistakes so I call bs on that, and yeah, money usually leads to good champs my guy. Before I was kicked from my ally for Inactivity I was clearing paths itemless too with people like Ghost (Super easy, you literally can't take hits, I wouldn't even call it skill) but do you know how many players are in alliances like that? As someone said, 3% of people in the game have a rank 3 6 star, your just asking for the other 97% to be left in the dust whilst the 3% are getting buffed for free lol, its like a reward for spending or no lifing the game and thats just facts
    My comment got deleted but friend me on line and I will prove it to you. There's levels to this game you simply don't understand which is why you're arguing about a skill level you're no where near close to.
    You can’t expect me to add you without giving me your Line ID, also it’s a mobile game, this isn’t csgo, anyone can get good by spending and Cowwhale proved that to me. Also, yes, if you play 5 hours a day for years you will be better than me, captain obvious
  • Options
    RakeYoungRakeYoung Posts: 472 ★★★
    wow, really surprised this thread is going 49 pages strong.

i'm really lazy but decided to go for an Abyss run, if i dont get a usable T5c, i guess i'll have to wait like everyone else.

its not that serious, if there is content in game with the rewards you need, go get them.
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Tiger360 said:

Tiger360 said:

Tiger360 said:

Tiger360 said:

Tiger360 said:

Tiger360 said:

What would I need another 6* Ghost for? I already have her at R3. I am looking past my own situation. If I wasn't I'd be saying that the title should require 100% Act 6 AND Abyss along with at least 5 R3s.

There's zero point to making another title at all if someone can go straight from getting cavalier to the new one with basically the same exact roster currently. They have to segment people off somehow. Just bc a lot of people think they're at a level above cavalier absolutely does not make that a fact.
    Again, how is it a bad thing if people went straight for it? Kabam said that Abyss wont be done in months but it was done in a day I believe, and there was nothing wrong there. I wouldn't mind if they made it a lot more challenging, but adding a 6 star rank 3 restriction is not about skill, its all about how lucky you get with t5cc drops and if you have the champions worth using it on no matter how much you try to argue that point.
    You can get lucky, or you can have a lot of them. they are targeting the latter, but allowing the former too.,
  • Options
    benshbbenshb Posts: 798 ★★★★

benshb said:

Tiger360 said:

Tiger360 said:

Tiger360 said:

Tiger360 said:

Tiger360 said:

What would I need another 6* Ghost for? I already have her at R3. I am looking past my own situation. If I wasn't I'd be saying that the title should require 100% Act 6 AND Abyss along with at least 5 R3s.

There's zero point to making another title at all if someone can go straight from getting cavalier to the new one with basically the same exact roster currently. They have to segment people off somehow. Just bc a lot of people think they're at a level above cavalier absolutely does not make that a fact.
    benshb said:

Superc9 said:

benshb said:

You guys can't stop saying how you need time end effort in the game to deserve Thronebreaker. Now 🎵Tell me why [ain't nothing but a heartache🎶] would 1 lucky 6r3 be a better showcase of time and effort than 25-30, hard earned and grinded 5r5?

If 25 r5s actually equalled one r3, this thread wouldn't exist. Clearly they're not equal.
    Exactly, because in the future you can have 1 lucky 6r3 by the time you become cavalier, but the only way to get 25-30 5r5 is to really play the game, really get those rank up materials and not just run through the game.
    You can have 25-30 R5s FAR easier than one R3.
    I wonder how many fresh cavaliers have 25-30 5r5s
  • Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

Tiger360 said:

Tiger360 said:

Tiger360 said:

Tiger360 said:

Tiger360 said:

I agree the need for gating. An incursions based gating would have been much better. 100 5*, 40 6*? Or certain number of 6r2 or 5r5 maybe? It may have been a more "olive branch" approach, one that measures roster much easier than a simple"6r3" that really doesnt.
    (I have r3s and am not affected by this announcement).
    You shouldn't punish really good f2p players that simply don't have the shards for that. There's a guy in my alliance that has all in game content done with only a 1.1mill rating so obviously he won't have 100 5* and 40 6 stars. So that idea won't work.
  • Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    On the road to 100 pages of complaints! Let’s hit 100! Lol
  • Options
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

Superc9 said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

Superc9 said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

BG is against the act 6 nerfs and the overall nerfing of everything in the game so he's not a good example
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

the problem is this is not the fight you want to make. They dont want to do 6.4 as the target and the abyss is terrible for it because you cannot do it itemless, you have to spend units. So it is either take it back to book 2, or having r3s
    100% abyss is the same difference, if you’re there you’ll meet the requirement at the end of it. The difference here is that one r3 gives players multiple avenues towards achieving it, giving them options and choices; including burning the first t5cc you get. 100% anything is too restrictive.
    Their point was to gate on roster progression, wasnt it? What better way to measure roster progression than sheer content? Why tie RNG to it? I can show you accounts with **** rosters but having an r3, and those with more content done and not good enough to having a good champ for an r3. How is that satisfying Kabam's goal?

the purpose of a progression title is to show you should be capable of taking on a certain level of content with your roster. The 2 ways to do this is to prove you can beat content similar, cav title, or to show you have a roster that should be capable of doing that content.

Both are legit

As for content there is no longer a good way to do this. The title should not be put behing a payment requirement for that level, this is why abyss is bad because you cannot 100% clear without paying with any team of r3s And book 2 is bad, because it is no longer challenging. That leaves a roster check only.
    RNG is part to getting the "perfect" counters, this game is about strategy as well. Artifically forcing RNG to play a major role in progression, even after RNG governs which champs you get (which in itself governs your ability to do content) is a lazy and non intuitive way to do things.
    You hit it right there, and immediately lost it. You either can do the content or not. Roster dept and size is a perfectly legit way to detemine it. There wil always be those who can get lucky, or spend, to it, that does not diminish it.
    You lost it faster than I did. R3s are not a way to measure roster depth. As the comments and feedback has shown. Which is the point i dislike. As Daniel has said, he "uses" only 2 of his r3s. I Use my r3 sparingly (hopefully my next rankups will be used more), so it is obvious r3s aren't gamebreaking or vital, or even a measure of roster depth. So now, why are they so important to the next level of progression?
    What one person says does not change the facts. Is a measure of dept and strength of a roster. A r3 makes content easier than using that same champ as a r2. you are confusing that with what champs an individual choses to use.
    Feels like talking to GW at this point. Roster depth shows that you arent dependant on a single champ for progress, and have a wider roster to tackle different sorts of situations. You fail to explain how a single r3 measures that. Either ways, you and I see things differently, I explained my point, and I will not move in circles. We can agree to disagree.

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Both are legit

He also says a lot of untrue things, you can find a stream where he uses one of his first r3s, ghost, to compete for 6.4 legends.
    I've no idea who he is, nor do i really care about him. Just cherry picked his quote which said it, I could care less about his attempts. I appreciate you for pointing that out though.
    An r3 measures the grueling work it takes to get the right champ and the right class catalyst. That's the target demographic.

It measures years of work that someone who started playing a year and a half ago hasn't put in.

It's aimed at competive war players and map 7 guys who've been doing it for years.

It's aimed players who took up Thor Ragnarok and Phoenix to r5 two years ago so they could play competitive AQ.

It's aimed at grinders in competitive teams that grind every milestone.

It's aimed at players who have completed all content.

Their work has slowly paid off and they probably have several r3s. The title is aimed at them. NOT guys doing map 6 and Gold 3.

This title is aimed at players who got shafted in their first 30-40 6 pulls and players who had to pop 3-4 t5cs before getting the right class.

You can't stroll into the game, run through 6.1 with Corvus, hit the t5c lottery on your first pop and expect one of your 15 6 stars to be r3 worthy. The odds just don't work like that.

If you think the guys at the top got everything for free you're wrong. They had to put in the work at some point.
    You lost me at gold 3 and map 6. Those are horrific explanations and so is the Corvus example. Yikes.
    It's the map 6 and lower guys doing the moaning because map 7 epic modifier players get 40% t5c a month. Add Cav EQ and the solo objective and that's another 20%. See how easy it is to spot the map 6 players?

Players are refusing to run content and then complaining they're not getting the rewards. Is this Kabam's fault? Map 7 players' fault? Who's fault is it?

And with the amount of shards available, relative beginners can pick up any OP champ and sail through content. Try running one of the biohazard lanes in Act 5 with a r4 FOUR star Ultron and get back to us. No Domino, Omega, Ghost, or Corvus back then.
    I'm complaining. Mainly because of the people who aren't able to take a champ up due to RNG. However, I def. think the requirement should just be to 'form a T5CC'. That way no-one HAS to rank up a champ.
    The way kabam worded it (and yes i know the actual requirements are much lower) was that the title was for people who are done with current content (100% act 6 and abyss). Are there that many people who have done that but don't have an r3?
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

Superc9 said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

Superc9 said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Both are legit

What one person says does not change the facts. Is a measure of dept and strength of a roster. A r3 makes content easier than using that same champ as a r2. you are confusing that with what champs an individual choses to use.
    Feels like talking to GW at this point. Roster depth shows that you arent dependant on a single champ for progress, and have a wider roster to tackle different sorts of situations. You fail to explain how a single r3 measures that. Either ways, you and I see things differently, I explained my point, and I will not move in circles. We can agree to disagree.

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Both are legit

I've no idea who he is, nor do i really care about him. Just cherry picked his quote which said it, I could care less about his attempts. I appreciate you for pointing that out though.
    An r3 measures the grueling work it takes to get the right champ and the right class catalyst. That's the target demographic.

It measures years of work that someone who started playing a year and a half ago hasn't put in.

It's aimed at competive war players and map 7 guys who've been doing it for years.

It's aimed players who took up Thor Ragnarok and Phoenix to r5 two years ago so they could play competitive AQ.

It's aimed at grinders in competitive teams that grind every milestone.

It's aimed at players who have completed all content.

Their work has slowly paid off and they probably have several r3s. The title is aimed at them. NOT guys doing map 6 and Gold 3.

This title is aimed at players who got shafted in their first 30-40 6 pulls and players who had to pop 3-4 t5cs before getting the right class.

You can't stroll into the game, run through 6.1 with Corvus, hit the t5c lottery on your first pop and expect one of your 15 6 stars to be r3 worthy. The odds just don't work like that.

If you think the guys at the top got everything for free you're wrong. They had to put in the work at some point.
    You lost me at gold 3 and map 6. Those are horrific explanations and so is the Corvus example. Yikes.
    It's the map 6 and lower guys doing the moaning because map 7 epic modifier players get 40% t5c a month. Add Cav EQ and the solo objective and that's another 20%. See how easy it is to spot the map 6 players?

Players are refusing to run content and then complaining they're not getting the rewards. Is this Kabam's fault? Map 7 players' fault? Who's fault is it?

And with the amount of shards available, relative beginners can pick up any OP champ and sail through content. Try running one of the biohazard lanes in Act 5 with a r4 FOUR star Ultron and get back to us. No Domino, Omega, Ghost, or Corvus back then.
    I'm complaining. Mainly because of the people who aren't able to take a champ up due to RNG. However, I def. think the requirement should just be to 'form a T5CC'. That way no-one HAS to rank up a champ.
    Then they can wait if they don't want to use it. T5cc is going to be far more available over time like everything else in this game. I'm sorry if I sound like an ass but this isn't that serious. If you're someone who's barely scraping by on the requirements or just missing out when this is introduced you're probably not who it's aimed at. Are there going to be lucky and unlucky people on either side of that line? More than likely yes. That's a consequence of where the majority has decided to push kabam into moving with story content. All the titles never depended on rank ups or rng nonsense doesn't matter bc what they depended on doesn't matter anymore with the change of approach to story content. People just need to accept that and deal with it.

I'd much rather not have the nerf version of the game and go back to how titles used to be earned. The majority got what they asked for though.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★
    benshb said:

benshb said:

Tiger360 said:

Tiger360 said:

Tiger360 said:

Tiger360 said:

Tiger360 said:

benshb said:

Superc9 said:

benshb said:

You guys can't stop saying how you need time end effort in the game to deserve Thronebreaker. Now 🎵Tell me why [ain't nothing but a heartache🎶] would 1 lucky 6r3 be a better showcase of time and effort than 25-30, hard earned and grinded 5r5?

If 25 r5s actually equalled one r3, this thread wouldn't exist. Clearly they're not equal.
    Exactly, because in the future you can have 1 lucky 6r3 by the time you become cavalier, but the only way to get 25-30 5r5 is to really play the game, really get those rank up materials and not just run through the game.
    You can have 25-30 R5s FAR easier than one R3.
    I wonder how many fresh cavaliers have 25-30 5r5s
    This isn't for fresh Cavaliers.
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

Times change, that was before the nerfs. Also, that was a massive mistake I greatly regret
    I kinda left out the chain of r3 Nick Fury being used for 4 paths of the Abyss, leading to Ghost/Corvus(?) earning a legends title. After that it was Wasp for AQ paths and a KG for new AQ paths. The point being that they’ve all been useful and deliberate rank ups so they are not what you make them out to be. That’s also ignoring any champs you use daily as defenders in AW.

Regardless of regret they’re useful and have been used.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★

Tiger360 said:

Go play a real competitive game then, not a mobile game

Tiger360 said:

Tiger360 said:

Tiger360 said:

Tiger360 said:

Tiger360 said:

Tiger360 said:

Tiger360 said:

Tiger360 said:

Again, how is it a bad thing if people went straight for it? Kabam said that Abyss wont be done in months but it was done in a day I believe, and there was nothing wrong there. I wouldn't mind if they made it a lot more challenging, but adding a 6 star rank 3 restriction is not about skill, its all about how lucky you get with t5cc drops and if you have the champions worth using it on no matter how much you try to argue that point.
    Bc there's zero point to having two different titles if you can go straight from getting on to the next as soon as it's introduced. I truly can't believe you actually don't understand this and instead have to just be salty and making up arguments on the fly
    The only reason your not arguing against this is because you fit the requirement, otherwise you’d be shedding tears of salt just like your complaints about nodes.
    That's obvious. Well, not necessarily in his case because his views on ease of access have been consistent. However, it stands to reason that the only reason people are complaining are because they don't meet the requirements. People are less likely to object if they do. That will happen no matter what they set the bar at.
    It’s a pretty hefty requirement lol, less than 5% of the player as can get it even if they are skilled enough
    Can I see some hard data on that 5% number?
    Find me more than 500 players with a rank 3 6 star, not like its available to everyone

You have a single R5. You could get the title and I could take at least 6 months but probably close a year without playing the game and you still wouldn't be close to "catching up"

Dude, I bet you are balling. Must get all the chicks when you show them your mcoc account.
    lol. 500 people is basically the top 17 alliances in MCOC. BG was most likely the last hold out for an R3 in the top 10 or so.

You are trying really hard someone who's so far behind everyone you are arguing against. You're even way behind me and i'm no where near where xNig, WnP and Danielmath are at.
    Haha I’m nowhere near Work and Dreamin. They’re like wayyyy ahead of me. 😂
  • Options

I kinda left out the chain of r3 Nick Fury being used for 4 paths of the Abyss, leading to Ghost/Corvus(?) earning a legends title. After that it was Wasp for AQ paths and a KG for new AQ paths. The point being that they’ve all been useful and deliberate rank ups so they are not what you make them out to be. That’s also ignoring any champs you use daily as defenders in AW.

Corv was from 6.4. Never ended up using ghost/wasp in aq cause aq got nerfed so they weren’t needed. For content, those champs aren’t remotely necessary, those were very different times
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

Corv was from 6.4. Never ended up using ghost/wasp in aq cause aq got nerfed so they weren’t needed. For content, those champs aren’t remotely necessary, those were very different times
    You’re telling me you didn’t use wasp for what’s yours is mine AQ? You do know you streamed this right?
  • Options

You’re telling me you didn’t use wasp for what’s yours is mine AQ? You do know you streamed this right?
    they nerfed it almost right after i ranked her and i haven't run WYIM in a long time
  • Options
    MetalJakeMetalJake Posts: 343 ★★

MetalJake said:

MetalJake said:

Barter33 said:

So I don’t just have the resources for a rank 3 and have act 6 100%.... I have 2 SCIENCE T5CC..... given that I have no science I feel comfortable ranking as a 6*, I think it is a very bad choice to base a progression title on an RNG rank up material.

This is a choice that you have to make. You are under no pressure to choose one of those Champions if you don't want to. This title is not going anywhere. As T5CC become more common, you'll have more choices, but at this time, this is the way that we have decided to separate the next tier in a way that takes into account both your progression in-game, and your roster progression.
    When purchase prices are dependent on progression titles saying “you are under no pressure to....” is tone deaf and an insult to all who spend even a dollar or real money in this video game. Your under no pressure, just pay more for the same exact thing until you get a 6 star your content taking to rank 3 is a slap in the face. I did 6.4 completion the first week it was available and my best 6 star is awakened Masacre. He’s a **** champion for serious content and will be the same garbage champ at rank 3 for the content that matters.... I did the first part of the 2 requirements with 5/65 and rank 2/35 6 stars but I’m NOT GOOD ENOUGH in kabams eyes unless I can afford to whale out on thier over priced fragment deals or if I can’t WASTE a ENTIRE t5cc on a non worthy champion
    Can you give me an example of purchase prices being dependent on titles?
    The diff in the black iso store on featured 5 star bwtn uncollected and cavalier is one example13,000 shards for uncollected player 11,000 for cavalier. 4th of July deals is another one. Sure u can fill in the rest.
    Ah ok see I thought you were talking about the purchase price of cash offers because you’re saying it insults people who spend even a dollar.

Not sure how many people would value a couple shards over the rarest resource in the game.

And cavalier is behind 5 star champions so how is this different between uncollected and cavalier? Are they insulted also?
    The diff btwn EVERO OTHER title is you can beat content to get to next progression level. With this one I have to hope the fragment crystals I get are of the same class to form one with 2%s with 6 classes. Or hope when I do get a fully formed one, I have a champion worthy of the most precious resource available in the game. Uncollected players can get the best deals for their money by grinding out the content. Cavalier can reach next progression level by just being good at the game. So comparing uncollected/ cavalier isn’t the same comparison as cavalier/thronebreaker

• Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    MetalJake said:

MetalJake said:

MetalJake said:

Barter33 said:

So I don’t just have the resources for a rank 3 and have act 6 100%.... I have 2 SCIENCE T5CC..... given that I have no science I feel comfortable ranking as a 6*, I think it is a very bad choice to base a progression title on an RNG rank up material.

This is a choice that you have to make. You are under no pressure to choose one of those Champions if you don't want to. This title is not going anywhere. As T5CC become more common, you'll have more choices, but at this time, this is the way that we have decided to separate the next tier in a way that takes into account both your progression in-game, and your roster progression.
    When purchase prices are dependent on progression titles saying “you are under no pressure to....” is tone deaf and an insult to all who spend even a dollar or real money in this video game. Your under no pressure, just pay more for the same exact thing until you get a 6 star your content taking to rank 3 is a slap in the face. I did 6.4 completion the first week it was available and my best 6 star is awakened Masacre. He’s a **** champion for serious content and will be the same garbage champ at rank 3 for the content that matters.... I did the first part of the 2 requirements with 5/65 and rank 2/35 6 stars but I’m NOT GOOD ENOUGH in kabams eyes unless I can afford to whale out on thier over priced fragment deals or if I can’t WASTE a ENTIRE t5cc on a non worthy champion
    Can you give me an example of purchase prices being dependent on titles?
    The diff in the black iso store on featured 5 star bwtn uncollected and cavalier is one example13,000 shards for uncollected player 11,000 for cavalier. 4th of July deals is another one. Sure u can fill in the rest.
    Ah ok see I thought you were talking about the purchase price of cash offers because you’re saying it insults people who spend even a dollar.

Not sure how many people would value a couple shards over the rarest resource in the game.

And cavalier is behind 5 star champions so how is this different between uncollected and cavalier? Are they insulted also?
    The diff btwn EVERO OTHER title is you can beat content to get to next progression level. With this one I have to hope the fragment crystals I get are of the same class to form one with 2%s with 6 classes. Or hope when I do get a fully formed one, I have a champion worthy of the most precious resource available in the game. Uncollected players can get the best deals for their money by grinding out the content. Cavalier can reach next progression level by just being good at the game. So comparing uncollected/ cavalier isn’t the same comparison as cavalier/thronebreaker

Maybe more of you should have been on board with being against turning story content into an absolute joke then. This is the side effect. Granted it's not near as drastic as I'd have liked to see if only to at least get a modicum of satisfaction of being right in consistently saying be careful what you ask for in this game. However I'll take an incredibly small amount of satisfaction in seeing some of the it's too hard brigade still blocked out.