**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Throne Breaker Title Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    For that matter, Sentinel is a great Champ.
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★

Only Ranking "pre-approved" Champs is precisely the reason people are so lost when it comes to the value of what they have in their Roster, and stressed out about waiting on a few options from the RNG.

Exactly this. The whole reason I despise with passion the whole concept of "Tier lists". People are too tired to do their own thinking and testing. Someone else has to do it for them...
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,242 ★★★★★

Yup he’s a beast.

I’ve made my fair share of controversial rank ups of non god tiers. 😂
    Superc9 said:

Superc9 said:

QuikPik said:

I am ready for the title when is it coming ?

Why just why....
    Most endgamers wouldn't take Sentinel to r3, especially unduped, since there are better options in the class, but that's a solid choice for players with less access to shards.
    Only Ranking "pre-approved" Champs is precisely the reason people are so lost when it comes to the value of what they have in their Roster, and stressed out about waiting on a few options from the RNG.
    Yup. Sometimes we need to rank who we get given the circumstances and those lists aren't made in stone. There's a tool for every situation.

Also to clarify why Sentinel isn't usually at the top of the list for endgamers, it's because there are better options out there, both in the tech class and out. Warlock, Ghost, Omega...
    I'm aware of the same Champs everyone else Ranks. That doesn't mean I ignore all others. Sentinel is one of my most used Champs. I was about to R5 him over Warlock, but then I Duped my 6* version. The point is, there are many Champs that have value and are well worth Ranking, that aren't seen as the "best". I've always encouraged people to think for themselves. Never been much for going to school wearing the same as everyone else.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,830 ★★★★★

How is this still going on? It’s really not that big of a deal. There’s no new monthly EQ difficultly associated with the title nor is there a new SQ difficulty, and the monthly calendar likely won’t be too different. What really is gonna be the big change is the offers and it makes sense that they chose now to add a new title. Take a look at July 4th’s cash deals:
    The big ticket item was a 15% t5cc crystal in the Odins. I don’t know about you, but I didn’t really care about that because it was a small amount of a random class, but I did get it because I needed the units for Abyss. If I didn’t get too excited about 15% of a random class when I had two r3s, why would the other endgame players who have many r3s get excited about it? They wouldn’t because it’s a small amount of a random class for a lot of money. So why didn’t Kabam make it a twenty-five or fifty percent selector? That would have made the endgame players very excited. However, since the highest title was Cavalier, that also would mean that someone who just beat Sentinel could buy their first r3 before even starting 6.2. That’s not good for the longevity of the game and neither is not incentivizing your endgame players to spend money. That’s why we have thronebreaker, so endgame players can get the resources they actually want and need without Kabam making completing and exploring Act 6 any easier.
    So if you aren’t gonna be getting Thronebreaker when it comes out, it’s not meant for you. You can either cry about it, rank up a champ for the offers, or wait. It’s not a life or death thing if you don’t get it the first day, but it is very important to have this title for the longevity of this game.
    Also, it should be gated behind Act 6 exploration and having a 6r3–Fight me about it.

You have a good point, do you think they’d have percent selectors in the cav offers? ($ plus the unit offers) probably like 25% or something per odin if i was to venture a guess
  • Superc9 said:

QuikPik said:

Why just why....
    Most endgamers wouldn't take Sentinel to r3, especially unduped, since there are better options in the class, but that's a solid choice for players with less access to shards.
    This is definitely right to a measure. I had this attitude with my 5* years ago and ranked up champs I like to play rather than tier lists. It served me fine for completing content and AW and I've really enjoyed them, but has caused problems with AQ now because these champs are usually low prestige.

Superc9 said:

QuikPik said:

Why just why....
    This is definitely right to a measure. I had this attitude with my 5* years ago and ranked up champs I like to play rather than tier lists. It served me fine for completing content and AW and I've really enjoyed them, but has caused problems with AQ now because these champs are usually low prestige.
    It's more right than not. We have an entire subset of Players that are pretty much lost in knowledge for many Champs that don't fit the mold. They don't bother with anything but the same Champs, and sit on Resources for months and years, waiting to pull those Champs. I'm not that optimistic. There are some Champs that have little current uses, but there are many more that have value, and will certainly carry Players until they can earn more. That's really what progress is all about. We use the best of what we have until a new best comes along. I mean no offense to the man that created said lists, but following them religiously leaves people just as bored with the game as he ended up. It's no small wonder why people are over it all the time when they're placing so much focus on a small amount of Champs.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

Superc9 said:

QuikPik said:

Why just why....
    It's more right than not. We have an entire subset of Players that are pretty much lost in knowledge for many Champs that don't fit the mold. They don't bother with anything but the same Champs, and sit on Resources for months and years, waiting to pull those Champs. I'm not that optimistic. There are some Champs that have little current uses, but there are many more that have value, and will certainly carry Players until they can earn more. That's really what progress is all about. We use the best of what we have until a new best comes along. I mean no offense to the man that created said lists, but following them religiously leaves people just as bored with the game as he ended up. It's no small wonder why people are over it all the time when they're placing so much focus on a small amount of Champs.
    That's all well and good but it depends a lot on your progression level. Once you get enough ranked champs the number of champs that can actually help you is significantly reduced. That doesn't mean you can only rank official Beyond God Tier Champs but it does present a different dynamic. I just took Venom to R5. I had a cosmic rank up gem and didn't need it for anyone else, I kind of wanted him ranked anyway, and I'm finally getting around to doing Variant 5. I don't need him in general, but it made sense to rank him given the circumstances.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Superc9 said:

QuikPik said:

Why just why....
    That's all well and good but it depends a lot on your progression level. Once you get enough ranked champs the number of champs that can actually help you is significantly reduced. That doesn't mean you can only rank official Beyond God Tier Champs but it does present a different dynamic. I just took Venom to R5. I had a cosmic rank up gem and didn't need it for anyone else, I kind of wanted him ranked anyway, and I'm finally getting around to doing Variant 5. I don't need him in general, but it made sense to rank him given the circumstances.
    I just can't agree with this in the slightest. Personally I feel it's the exact opposite. Once you start to get more and more champs ranked to a decent level you actually open up even more options as being viable. It's far less impactful for someone who already has a developed roster to rank up champs that have very niche uses that aren't needed often at all than it is for someone just getting started.

At the end of the day though, if a champ is useful, they're not a "bad rank up". I'm not saying people should rank champs up for no reason but too many people are running around like Goldilocks thinking every rankup has to be perfect. I've got Rulk as a R3 already which plenty of people think is stupid especially as I had torch and void both when I did it. There's a possibility Doc Oc may be my next tech R3 and if not him, maybe Sentinel or Nebula. What's the point of just always ranking either champs you already have in other rarities or that other players in your alliance already have ranked? Obviously there are champs that are good enough that it doesn't matter and you rank them anyway but they're far from the only "worthwhile" options.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

Superc9 said:

QuikPik said:

Why just why....
    I just can't agree with this in the slightest. Personally I feel it's the exact opposite. Once you start to get more and more champs ranked to a decent level you actually open up even more options as being viable. It's far less impactful for someone who already has a developed roster to rank up champs that have very niche uses that aren't needed often at all than it is for someone just getting started.

At the end of the day though, if a champ is useful, they're not a "bad rank up". I'm not saying people should rank champs up for no reason but too many people are running around like Goldilocks thinking every rankup has to be perfect. I've got Rulk as a R3 already which plenty of people think is stupid especially as I had torch and void both when I did it. There's a possibility Doc Oc may be my next tech R3 and if not him, maybe Sentinel or Nebula. What's the point of just always ranking either champs you already have in other rarities or that other players in your alliance already have ranked? Obviously there are champs that are good enough that it doesn't matter and you rank them anyway but they're far from the only "worthwhile" options.
    I agree, also whoever thinks Sentinel is a bad rank up doesn't know this game. There are plenty of end game players with a r3 Sentinel. I would be one of them if I didn't have 6 star ghost.
  • Aziz5253Aziz5253 Posts: 495 ★★★

Exactly this. The whole reason I despise with passion the whole concept of "Tier lists". People are too tired to do their own thinking and testing. Someone else has to do it for them...
    Yeah going by tier sucks but there's no time to test every detail and champ in the game. We need to have people who can test them show us so we can make our decisions.
    Aziz5253 said:

Yeah going by tier sucks but there's no time to test every detail and champ in the game. We need to have people who can test them show us so we can make our decisions.
    There's a significant difference between treating someone else's opinion as gospel and using available information and your own experiences/testing/thought process to form an opinion
  • RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★
    edited September 2020
    If I don't R3 a Champion today will I miss out on the entire first month's calendar? In all likelihood I'm going to be R3ing Sorc Supreme at some point, might as well get the extra rewards by doing it now.

Edit: Nevermind, guess the new monthly calendar isn't coming out yet. Only the new Daily Crystals, 4 Hours, and a Cav calendar instead of a GMC
  • MaiicolDiazMaiicolDiaz Posts: 10
    Well, Im ready for the title, I dont if the new crystals and rewards all gonna be great or not, but Im gonna feel great to have the title the first day xD.

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

Superc9 said:

QuikPik said:

Why just why....

You make an excellent point. I hadn't thought about it quite in that way.

Aziz5253 said:

There's a significant difference between treating someone else's opinion as gospel and using available information and your own experiences/testing/thought process to form an opinion
    Precisely my point. There's a lot of valuable points in it, but at the same time, it's not something that needs to be adhered to strictly. Nothing is, really. There's no replacement for spending time with Champs ourselves, and that comes from using what we have and making the best of it. I've learned more from using Champs I have and like than from following the norm. Actually, I'm usually the last to get on board, but I suppose that's the other extreme. Everything we take in should really be processed through our own understanding and not taken as an absolute.
    The game is about enjoyment after all. There's very little enjoyment in going from God Tier to God Tier.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    GagoH said:

How is this still going on? It’s really not that big of a deal. There’s no new monthly EQ difficultly associated with the title nor is there a new SQ difficulty, and the monthly calendar likely won’t be too different. What really is gonna be the big change is the offers and it makes sense that they chose now to add a new title. Take a look at July 4th’s cash deals:
    The big ticket item was a 15% t5cc crystal in the Odins. I don’t know about you, but I didn’t really care about that because it was a small amount of a random class, but I did get it because I needed the units for Abyss. If I didn’t get too excited about 15% of a random class when I had two r3s, why would the other endgame players who have many r3s get excited about it? They wouldn’t because it’s a small amount of a random class for a lot of money. So why didn’t Kabam make it a twenty-five or fifty percent selector? That would have made the endgame players very excited. However, since the highest title was Cavalier, that also would mean that someone who just beat Sentinel could buy their first r3 before even starting 6.2. That’s not good for the longevity of the game and neither is not incentivizing your endgame players to spend money. That’s why we have thronebreaker, so endgame players can get the resources they actually want and need without Kabam making completing and exploring Act 6 any easier.
    So if you aren’t gonna be getting Thronebreaker when it comes out, it’s not meant for you. You can either cry about it, rank up a champ for the offers, or wait. It’s not a life or death thing if you don’t get it the first day, but it is very important to have this title for the longevity of this game.
    Also, it should be gated behind Act 6 exploration and having a 6r3–Fight me about it.

You have a good point, do you think they’d have percent selectors in the cav offers? ($ plus the unit offers) probably like 25% or something per odin if i was to venture a guess
    I can almost guarantee you that the Thronebreaker cyber weekend deals will have t5cc selectors of varying percentages.

GagoH said:

I can almost guarantee you that the Thronebreaker cyber weekend deals will have t5cc selectors of varying percentages.
    Most likely Cav will as well. We will see.
  • GagoH said:

I think this is a very safe bet. If you presume that the point to Thronebreaker is to add a reward tier for players focused on r3s, then T5CC is the primary scarce resource they need to do that (6* shards being the obvious secondary one). So I would expect Thronebreakers to get more access to 6* crystals, and more access to T5CC, across the entire game and especially during the blockbuster offer windows of Cyber weekend, New Years, and July 4.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

GagoH said:

I think this is a very safe bet. If you presume that the point to Thronebreaker is to add a reward tier for players focused on r3s, then T5CC is the primary scarce resource they need to do that (6* shards being the obvious secondary one). So I would expect Thronebreakers to get more access to 6* crystals, and more access to T5CC, across the entire game and especially during the blockbuster offer windows of Cyber weekend, New Years, and July 4.
    For me as someone with 2 r3 6 stars and 2 unused t5cc right now the difference maker is actually sig stones. My dup levels are so low due to not being a whale. My last 6 star dup was 5 months ago at least, let alone a dup I actually want. So a selector would be awesome and it will be 25% selector for sure but what I'm looking forward to is an increase in 6 star sig stones if Kabam wants to make money and get me to spend more.

I know that's not most players reality but maybe whales can shed a light on what they want for Cyber Monday @Worknprogress?
  • RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★

DNA3000 said:

GagoH said:

For me as someone with 2 r3 6 stars and 2 unused t5cc right now the difference maker is actually sig stones. My dup levels are so low due to not being a whale. My last 6 star dup was 5 months ago at least, let alone a dup I actually want. So a selector would be awesome and it will be 25% selector for sure but what I'm looking forward to is an increase in 6 star sig stones if Kabam wants to make money and get me to spend more.

I know that's not most players reality but maybe whales can shed a light on what they want for Cyber Monday @Worknprogress?
    Same here, I have a R3 Omega and it's going to be forever before his Sig level makes his spore damage higher than my R5 Sig 200 Omega. Feel like lots of champs can be in a similar category.

DNA3000 said:

GagoH said:

I'm honestly starting to care less and less. I didn't buy the last t5cc offers. I don't really have any motivation to continue to push for more R3s. They're completely unnecessary now honestly. Once you have a set of prestige champs, who cares.

Content direction is spiraling towards log in rewards. You can do everything in game currently and that's coming any time soon with R5 5*s. Outside of prestige, I legitimately don't even see the point in pushing let alone spending to accelerate t5cc accumulation.

DNA3000 said:

GagoH said:

I'm honestly starting to care less and less. I didn't buy the last t5cc offers. I don't really have any motivation to continue to push for more R3s. They're completely unnecessary now honestly. Once you have a set of prestige champs, who cares.

Content direction is spiraling towards log in rewards. You can do everything in game currently and that's coming any time soon with R5 5*s. Outside of prestige, I legitimately don't even see the point in pushing let alone spending to accelerate t5cc accumulation.
    Unfortunately, I think that's a side effect of people getting so skilled that it doesn't make a difference. Ideally, we Rank higher to make things easier.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,043 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

GagoH said:

Unfortunately, I think that's a side effect of people getting so skilled that it doesn't make a difference. Ideally, we Rank higher to make things easier.
    it's not people getting skilled, it's content getting nerfed. R3's are irrelevant for book 2, so once you have a few prestige champs they're useless to you

DNA3000 said:

GagoH said:

it's not people getting skilled, it's content getting nerfed. R3's are irrelevant for book 2, so once you have a few prestige champs they're useless to you
    They're not irrelevant. Stronger Champs means easier content, and there's a Node Boost for 6*s. Unless they scrap it.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

GagoH said:

I'm beginning to agree with you that the new content is getting too easy. After looking back on the notes I made for the most recent Beta and seriously thinking about them, I think that the original Book 2 beta is what is actually better for the longevity of the game. If they do not dial up the difficulty of the new Book 2 beta, then there is no reason to take 6 stars up to 6r3 outside of prestige because Book 2 can be done with 4/55s.
    Act 6 has been nerfed into oblivion and it seems that 7.1 is gonna be fairly easy (even if I change my mind about doing a Legends run, I will 100% explore it within the first day it drops, so long as I don't have anything else to do that day).