**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Throne Breaker Title Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

Mcord117 said:

I can’t believe this conversation is still going on.

The nerf of act 6 was for money too and not because people were complaining about it. Basically no one was bothering with act 6 outside of the top alliances. It was so unpopular that people are doing abyss which is supposed to be pinnacle before bothering exploring act 6. Exploring act 6 even after nerf is still harder than doing abyss.

I think it should be harder to get the title but less rng. Doesn’t much matter cause it is what it is.

This is not correct. I don't know why people are insistent with saying every decision is about money.
    I’m not sure that can ever be escaped on an indirect level at the least, or a by-product if you will.

Content and development is paid for. Servers are maintained to run things. If resources are allocated, but things aren’t used or underutilized, they would take steps to rectify that

Content and development is done with content and development in mind. Indirectly, one could say that maintaining a healthy and enjoyable product affects finances, yes. However, there are decisions within that which are made for the balance of the game and the future of where content is going. The Devs aren't approaching every decision and change with the goal of squeezing out as much money as they can from people. That's just not a thing. When they say that's the direction they came to after plans for Act 7 changed, they mean it. It's not to boost Black Friday sales, or any other conjecture therein. That's just the impatience of people who want the Title. For that matter, I'm Cavalier and I'm not going to lose sleep from the extra Tier of Deals that may come. They have to draw SOME line in the sand, and it has to be significant enough, but not vastly far off. Rosters have always been a sign of progress.
    It’s true several posters have mentioned money. Not all have specifically referenced deals and sales however. I have noted several of the money comments referencing what I brought up. I believe the original post from Talents kind of echoed that.
    It really isn't about money at all. It's about separating Players based on progress. Those who have an R3 and have done Completion, and those who haven't. That separation is achievable at any time. There's nothing about it tied into money.
    They literally say it is in part about selling people things.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Lormif said:

Mcord117 said:

The nerf of act 6 was for money too and not because people were complaining about it. Basically no one was bothering with act 6 outside of the top alliances. It was so unpopular that people are doing abyss which is supposed to be pinnacle before bothering exploring act 6. Exploring act 6 even after nerf is still harder than doing abyss.

I think it should be harder to get the title but less rng. Doesn’t much matter cause it is what it is.

This is not correct. I don't know why people are insistent with saying every decision is about money.
    I’m not sure that can ever be escaped on an indirect level at the least, or a by-product if you will.

Content and development is paid for. Servers are maintained to run things. If resources are allocated, but things aren’t used or underutilized, they would take steps to rectify that

There are things that are done for money, such as the offers we get like 4 times a week, but it is hard to put a finger on the monetary benefit to nerfing story content so hard that pretty much anyone can do it without revives, which is what we are hearing about book 2 act 1.
    The nerf to the ground doesn't equal people doing it easily. Guys such as myself who long 100% act 6 skill level is not what we're talking about here. I think you know that.
    This was in response to the claim the nerf was about money.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Superc9 said:

Superc9 said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

@danielmath let me call you out here. I saw your post saying act6 is no longer challenging.
    I 100ed abyss yesterday, in 12k units. Now I will look at act6 exploration. I have completed exploration of 6.2 pre nerf, have 6.3 and 6.4 left.
    Inflated attack values is NOT fun. You may find it fun, and can sit on your pompous horse right up there, or post gameplay here of your "iinsane" quake play. For all I see is a salty person who spent items to complete act6 for prestige purposes, now dismayed that others who waited may have it a little easier. I could care less of your opinion that it isnt challenging. I do not find such inflated values fun, so I did not bother. I honestly still don't, but will start exploring now just because I have nothing else to do. Definitions of "fun" vary for everyone, and if dying in 3 hits is your idea of fun, more power to you. But don't expect your opinion to be a reflection of everyone else's in this game.

They're not done nerfing it, wait till they finish. They're still taking out all the hard fights in December, wait till then. Obviously my opinion doesn't reflect everyone else, nobody's opinion reflects everyone else. I'm not salty that it's easier, i'm sad that 7.1 is not going to be challenging at all and that hasn't even come out.
    Challenge yourself and use 5*r4 then, or do it with psylocke and beast. Even you could do it with them being a horseman.

Snide comments aside, Story isnt really meant to be the "toughest" content in game. We have periodic events that fulfill that purpose, content that doesnt need to be finished to progress. The reason they are nerfing Act6 is that folks could care less to 100% it. Now people will fight through, a business decision. Like how they dangle scraps of t5cc to you folks and you all buy it for 50$ for a "good value". A "business decision".
    Specific content wont still be easy, and if you wanted a challenge you could do Omega rush without your quake. The "pain" event will give your blood a rush, for your "challenge". If you wish to have challenge from present content, do it with subpar challenge to fulfill your appetite.
    What events do we have? Summer of pain was the only one that was supposed to be a challenge and it doesn't exist. The issue isn't necessarily me specifically, i like the game too much to retire and my alliance would be too heartbroken so I couldn't do that to them lol.

Here's the issue with your idea (and i've read this plenty) to use lower champs: What incentive do people have to try to push for r3's if they're useless? I currently have 8 of them. Ghost, wasp, corvus, elsa, king groot, sunspot, g2099, nick fury. Only 2 of them are actually relevant for my gameplay, corvus for AW, king groot for AQ. If you took away the other 6, nothing would change for me except prestige, they are useless because none of the solo content needs r3's at all.
    r3's are pretty much for prestige. How can you connect r3s to challenge? You want a challenge, you want r3s, and you want others not to complain. Pick what you want.
    Maze was one such piece of content. the 4* challenge comes to mind, i used weird options and beat the content itemless. I used a bunch of 4* in the omega challenge to challenge myself to do it itemless ( i failed, had to use potions).
    all your r3s are useful, how can you ask someone to take up garbage like psylocke and yondu when not one of your champs is useless. Your position ( and WnP's) is completely different from the 99.9% of the player base, so do not make assumptions as to what we should rank, since you folks can afford to drop money to get what you want (nothing wrong with that).
    But your position looks like a spoilt child that seems to want everything, while asking others to make big concessions, while you look at others through the end of your nose, which is not an attractive attitude. Kind of reminds me of this annoying 4Loki dude by the name Dreamin (which would be hilarious if you were him).
    Well 99.9% of the playerbases position would matter if this title was supposed to cover 99.9% of the playerbase. It isn't, so it doesn't.
    So it boils your blood that you aren't exclusive enough already?
    No it boils my blood that this game is being turned into a snooze fest for any competitive players. If segmenting the playerbase again gets us some content that isn't boring. I'm all for it.
    This will keep you disappointed. This is a title that segments rewards, not content. You are fighting the wrong battle then.
    ampaign progression titles help segment players so that we can appropriately target content and rewards to different levels of progression and roster maturity
    And my only qualm is segment them by content and not RNG.

@danielmath let me call you out here. I saw your post saying act6 is no longer challenging.
    I 100ed abyss yesterday, in 12k units. Now I will look at act6 exploration. I have completed exploration of 6.2 pre nerf, have 6.3 and 6.4 left.
    Inflated attack values is NOT fun. You may find it fun, and can sit on your pompous horse right up there, or post gameplay here of your "iinsane" quake play. For all I see is a salty person who spent items to complete act6 for prestige purposes, now dismayed that others who waited may have it a little easier. I could care less of your opinion that it isnt challenging. I do not find such inflated values fun, so I did not bother. I honestly still don't, but will start exploring now just because I have nothing else to do. Definitions of "fun" vary for everyone, and if dying in 3 hits is your idea of fun, more power to you. But don't expect your opinion to be a reflection of everyone else's in this game.

They're not done nerfing it, wait till they finish. They're still taking out all the hard fights in December, wait till then. Obviously my opinion doesn't reflect everyone else, nobody's opinion reflects everyone else. I'm not salty that it's easier, i'm sad that 7.1 is not going to be challenging at all and that hasn't even come out.
    Challenge yourself and use 5*r4 then, or do it with psylocke and beast. Even you could do it with them being a horseman.

Snide comments aside, Story isnt really meant to be the "toughest" content in game. We have periodic events that fulfill that purpose, content that doesnt need to be finished to progress. The reason they are nerfing Act6 is that folks could care less to 100% it. Now people will fight through, a business decision. Like how they dangle scraps of t5cc to you folks and you all buy it for 50$ for a "good value". A "business decision".
    Specific content wont still be easy, and if you wanted a challenge you could do Omega rush without your quake. The "pain" event will give your blood a rush, for your "challenge". If you wish to have challenge from present content, do it with subpar challenge to fulfill your appetite.
    What events do we have? Summer of pain was the only one that was supposed to be a challenge and it doesn't exist. The issue isn't necessarily me specifically, i like the game too much to retire and my alliance would be too heartbroken so I couldn't do that to them lol.

Here's the issue with your idea (and i've read this plenty) to use lower champs: What incentive do people have to try to push for r3's if they're useless? I currently have 8 of them. Ghost, wasp, corvus, elsa, king groot, sunspot, g2099, nick fury. Only 2 of them are actually relevant for my gameplay, corvus for AW, king groot for AQ. If you took away the other 6, nothing would change for me except prestige, they are useless because none of the solo content needs r3's at all.
    r3's are pretty much for prestige. How can you connect r3s to challenge? You want a challenge, you want r3s, and you want others not to complain. Pick what you want.
    Maze was one such piece of content. the 4* challenge comes to mind, i used weird options and beat the content itemless. I used a bunch of 4* in the omega challenge to challenge myself to do it itemless ( i failed, had to use potions).
    all your r3s are useful, how can you ask someone to take up garbage like psylocke and yondu when not one of your champs is useless. Your position ( and WnP's) is completely different from the 99.9% of the player base, so do not make assumptions as to what we should rank, since you folks can afford to drop money to get what you want (nothing wrong with that).
    But your position looks like a spoilt child that seems to want everything, while asking others to make big concessions, while you look at others through the end of your nose, which is not an attractive attitude. Kind of reminds me of this annoying 4Loki dude by the name Dreamin (which would be hilarious if you were him).
    Well 99.9% of the playerbases position would matter if this title was supposed to cover 99.9% of the playerbase. It isn't, so it doesn't.
    No it boils my blood that this game is being turned into a snooze fest for any competitive players. If segmenting the playerbase again gets us some content that isn't boring. I'm all for it.
    This will keep you disappointed. This is a title that segments rewards, not content. You are fighting the wrong battle then.
    we tried to fight the content battle and lost, badly, it just is what it is at this point
    But hey, you can boast to have completed it "pre nerf" which is what you like, dont you. Even your teammate, BG, disliked the notion of r3s to gate this content.
    BG is against the act 6 nerfs and the overall nerfing of everything in the game so he's not a good example
    False, not against act6 nerfs. True, nerfing everything else.
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

ampaign progression titles help segment players so that we can appropriately target content and rewards to different levels of progression and roster maturity

we tried to fight the content battle and lost, badly, it just is what it is at this point
    But hey, you can boast to have completed it "pre nerf" which is what you like, dont you. Even your teammate, BG, disliked the notion of r3s to gate this content.
    the problem is this is not the fight you want to make. They dont want to do 6.4 as the target and the abyss is terrible for it because you cannot do it itemless, you have to spend units. So it is either take it back to book 2, or having r3s
    Rather have a content gate like 100% abyss/Act6/Act7 chap1, than an RNG gate.
    100% abyss is the same difference, if you’re there you’ll meet the requirement at the end of it. The difference here is that one r3 gives players multiple avenues towards achieving it, giving them options and choices; including burning the first t5cc you get. 100% anything is too restrictive.
    Their point was to gate on roster progression, wasnt it? What better way to measure roster progression than sheer content? Why tie RNG to it? I can show you accounts with **** rosters but having an r3, and those with more content done and not good enough to having a good champ for an r3. How is that satisfying Kabam's goal?
    both have RNG to it, because RNG is a big part in this game.

the purpose of a progression title is to show you should be capable of taking on a certain level of content with your roster. The 2 ways to do this is to prove you can beat content similar, cav title, or to show you have a roster that should be capable of doing that content.

Both are legit

As for content there is no longer a good way to do this. The title should not be put behing a payment requirement for that level, this is why abyss is bad because you cannot 100% clear without paying with any team of r3s And book 2 is bad, because it is no longer challenging. That leaves a roster check only.
    RNG is part to getting the "perfect" counters, this game is about strategy as well. Artifically forcing RNG to play a major role in progression, even after RNG governs which champs you get (which in itself governs your ability to do content) is a lazy and non intuitive way to do things.
    You hit it right there, and immediately lost it. You either can do the content or not. Roster dept and size is a perfectly legit way to detemine it. There wil always be those who can get lucky, or spend, to it, that does not diminish it.
    You lost it faster than I did. R3s are not a way to measure roster depth. As the comments and feedback has shown. Which is the point i dislike. As Daniel has said, he "uses" only 2 of his r3s. I Use my r3 sparingly (hopefully my next rankups will be used more), so it is obvious r3s aren't gamebreaking or vital, or even a measure of roster depth. So now, why are they so important to the next level of progression?
    What one person says does not change the facts. Is a measure of dept and strength of a roster. A r3 makes content easier than using that same champ as a r2. you are confusing that with what champs an individual choses to use.
    Feels like talking to GW at this point. Roster depth shows that you arent dependant on a single champ for progress, and have a wider roster to tackle different sorts of situations. You fail to explain how a single r3 measures that. Either ways, you and I see things differently, I explained my point, and I will not move in circles. We can agree to disagree.

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

BG is against the act 6 nerfs and the overall nerfing of everything in the game so he's not a good example
    False, not against act6 nerfs. True, nerfing everything else.
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

the problem is this is not the fight you want to make. They dont want to do 6.4 as the target and the abyss is terrible for it because you cannot do it itemless, you have to spend units. So it is either take it back to book 2, or having r3s
    Rather have a content gate like 100% abyss/Act6/Act7 chap1, than an RNG gate.
    100% abyss is the same difference, if you’re there you’ll meet the requirement at the end of it. The difference here is that one r3 gives players multiple avenues towards achieving it, giving them options and choices; including burning the first t5cc you get. 100% anything is too restrictive.
    Their point was to gate on roster progression, wasnt it? What better way to measure roster progression than sheer content? Why tie RNG to it? I can show you accounts with **** rosters but having an r3, and those with more content done and not good enough to having a good champ for an r3. How is that satisfying Kabam's goal?
    both have RNG to it, because RNG is a big part in this game.

the purpose of a progression title is to show you should be capable of taking on a certain level of content with your roster. The 2 ways to do this is to prove you can beat content similar, cav title, or to show you have a roster that should be capable of doing that content.

Both are legit

As for content there is no longer a good way to do this. The title should not be put behing a payment requirement for that level, this is why abyss is bad because you cannot 100% clear without paying with any team of r3s And book 2 is bad, because it is no longer challenging. That leaves a roster check only.
    RNG is part to getting the "perfect" counters, this game is about strategy as well. Artifically forcing RNG to play a major role in progression, even after RNG governs which champs you get (which in itself governs your ability to do content) is a lazy and non intuitive way to do things.
    You hit it right there, and immediately lost it. You either can do the content or not. Roster dept and size is a perfectly legit way to detemine it. There wil always be those who can get lucky, or spend, to it, that does not diminish it.
    You lost it faster than I did. R3s are not a way to measure roster depth. As the comments and feedback has shown. Which is the point i dislike. As Daniel has said, he "uses" only 2 of his r3s. I Use my r3 sparingly (hopefully my next rankups will be used more), so it is obvious r3s aren't gamebreaking or vital, or even a measure of roster depth. So now, why are they so important to the next level of progression?
    He also says a lot of untrue things, you can find a stream where he uses one of his first r3s, ghost, to compete for 6.4 legends.
    I've no idea who he is, nor do i really care about him. Just cherry picked his quote which said it, I could care less about his attempts. I appreciate you for pointing that out though.
    An r3 measures the grueling work it takes to get the right champ and the right class catalyst. That's the target demographic.

It measures years of work that someone who started playing a year and a half ago hasn't put in.

It's aimed at competive war players and map 7 guys who've been doing it for years.

It's aimed players who took up Thor Ragnarok and Phoenix to r5 two years ago so they could play competitive AQ.

It's aimed at grinders in competitive teams that grind every milestone.

It's aimed at players who have completed all content.

Their work has slowly paid off and they probably have several r3s. The title is aimed at them. NOT guys doing map 6 and Gold 3.

This title is aimed at players who got shafted in their first 30-40 6 pulls and players who had to pop 3-4 t5cs before getting the right class.

You can't stroll into the game, run through 6.1 with Corvus, hit the t5c lottery on your first pop and expect one of your 15 6 stars to be r3 worthy. The odds just don't work like that.

If you think the guys at the top got everything for free you're wrong. They had to put in the work at some point.
    Lawl. That is such an ignorant comment.

"You can't stroll into the game, run through 6.1 with Corvus, hit the t5c lottery on your first pop and expect one of your 15 6 stars to be r3 worthy. The odds just don't work like that. "
    There are folks EXACTLY like that. R3s are NOT grueling one bit.
    It isnt aimed at map7s Master tier players, I'm sorry. That is quite a complex you got there bud. Plenty of folks who do Map6 ( and who may be gold3) have r3s, it is all RNG, which is my point.
    It's not difficult.

You need 1 t5c to get a r3.

Map 6 players that don't do competitive war are immediately off the list.

So they either have to buy deals or do content.

You get 3 t5c from Abyss. 1 from completion, 2 more for 100%. Most of these guys haven't touched abyss.

You get 2.25 t5c from 100% Act 6. Random 25% fragments for each chapter x4, 1 full random for exploration, and a 25% selector for initial completion.

Most of them haven't fully explored Act 6, so they have have 1.25 t5c at most. 1 of that which is random and divided into 6 classes anyway, so they're looking at 7.5k t5c shards for 5 classes and 18.75k (~40%) for 1 class.

So how are we supposed to r3 when the highest formed class is only at ~40%? We can't, which is what we're telling you.

If you don't want to do the work, haven't touched abyss, and only did a completion run of 6.4, you have to win the RNG lottery to be able to form a full catalyst of the right class. The entitlement here is mindblowing. If you want better odds, do the content like everyone else.
    To be fair you are arguing to the wrong person, that person wants to make it harder to get it, not easier. There are a couple different groups angry at this, the ones who want it easier so they can get it without any work, and those that want it to be even harder so others cannot.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,241 ★★★★★

Mcord117 said:

Content and development is done with content and development in mind. Indirectly, one could say that maintaining a healthy and enjoyable product affects finances, yes. However, there are decisions within that which are made for the balance of the game and the future of where content is going. The Devs aren't approaching every decision and change with the goal of squeezing out as much money as they can from people. That's just not a thing. When they say that's the direction they came to after plans for Act 7 changed, they mean it. It's not to boost Black Friday sales, or any other conjecture therein. That's just the impatience of people who want the Title. For that matter, I'm Cavalier and I'm not going to lose sleep from the extra Tier of Deals that may come. They have to draw SOME line in the sand, and it has to be significant enough, but not vastly far off. Rosters have always been a sign of progress.
    It’s true several posters have mentioned money. Not all have specifically referenced deals and sales however. I have noted several of the money comments referencing what I brought up. I believe the original post from Talents kind of echoed that.
    It really isn't about money at all. It's about separating Players based on progress. Those who have an R3 and have done Completion, and those who haven't. That separation is achievable at any time. There's nothing about it tied into money.
    They literally say it is in part about selling people things.
    They say you gain access to Offers. That's what comes with it, just like the other Titles. The requirements of it have nothing to do with money.
  • @DNA3000 thank you for a well thought out response.
  • Strikerrx8Strikerrx8 Posts: 1,090 ★★★
    I am ready for the title when is it coming ?
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

1st
    that's around the corner damn so many people are going to miss out

Yea the longer u wait to get it the less cavalier shards

You mean just like the GM Shards? Only pulled one 5* myself. I mean, there's always the possibility. On average....
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    Curious I have only 1 6* star and it is Venom the Duck. Should I take him to R3 as I work toward Cavalier and Throne Breaker gradually ?
    Superc9 said:

Curious I have only 1 6* star and it is Venom the Duck. Should I take him to R3 as I work toward Cavalier and Throne Breaker gradually ?

Hellllllll no. The damage done to your account and progression far outweighs any benefits from this title.
    What? VTD would be worth it.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Superc9 said:

Hellllllll no. The damage done to your account and progression far outweighs any benefits from this title.
    VtD is great champ, what are you on about?
  • QuikPikQuikPik Posts: 806 ★★★★

Why just why....
    QuikPik said:

Why just why....
    Sentinel is a solid Tech.
    Y not I run full suicides n he claps at 100 analysis charges

Y not I run full suicides n he claps at 100 analysis charges

The Dup isn't completely necessary. Just builds Analysis faster. I used him a great deal Unduped.
    Yea a little girly trick his to do a full combo into there block n fire off a lv 1 watch those charges go up quick
  • Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    i have over 15 6* champs. My only decent champ is Domino. The rest are trash. Today, i pulled my very first god tier champ confirmed in HT, thanks to the 5k from Kabam. Thanks Kabam! from now on, i will endorse you and only talk about about good things about you. Anyways, this came in a very weird moment, because i just R5 my 5 star duped HT last month. But i guess 6 star HT is r3 worthy :)
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Couldn't they just put the title in book2 chapter1 and everyone would've been happy with no complains like every other title was

No bc that's not any harder than act 6. That's the whole point. Story content has the training wheels slapped on it for the foreseeable future so it's pointless to use it as a measure of anything
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,765 ★★★★★

Couldn't they just put the title in book2 chapter1 and everyone would've been happy with no complains like every other title was

No bc that's not any harder than act 6. That's the whole point. Story content has the training wheels slapped on it for the foreseeable future so it's pointless to use it as a measure of anything
    Well maybe not training wheels but definitely a helmet lol.
  • Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★
    So.. the title change from Throne Breaker to Breaker of Thrones has taken effect.. yet the new features that are supposed to come along with this title are not live.. In the post in regards to this it was stated the change takes effect on the 1st of October..