**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

An alternative to rank-down tickets

Comments

• Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    I took 5 star storm to r4 before em for a prestige bump downed her for Iceman and wolvie. Left the allaince asking for prestige ranks.

Then abused level up events..

And ranked up and down based on Content(Iceman master mode was that month so Ironman ultron got up then back down cause I didn't need em anymore..)
    I'm the perfect reason they shouldn't exist

I love everything about this post. Good on you taking advantage of it when you could
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    @Primmer79 I didn’t have sw, Thor, or ds at the time. I had bw at 4/40 so I didn’t need to even use the tickets on champs that got nerfed
    @Deadbyrd9 DS was my first r5. still hurts a bit. kept him at r4 for nostalgia. Even if given RDT I think I'd still keep 4* mordo, NC, 5* cyc, ant, all ranked up, even if the original reason was defense, I used them elsewhere
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    @Primmer79 I didn’t have sw, Thor, or ds at the time. I had bw at 4/40 so I didn’t need to even use the tickets on champs that got nerfed
    I actually opted out of using a RDT on SW. Glad I did since she did end up being worthy of r5 after a few changes. The other nerfed champs were just never the same after that
  • eXtripa69 wrote: »
    The thing is that no champion was changed. It's impossible to determine which champions were affected because every alliance has different strategies.
    You down-rank your 5/50 BP CW just to rank Gwenpool. That is a rank down ticket that you used to correct a bad choise that you did. It has nothing to do with AW

Its far from impossible, you go into a map 6 aq fight with a Spidey or Miles Morales. Watch that evade absolutely shaft you. They have absolutely no place in the game except defence. At leadt Jugg and Abomination are usable as they dont auto evade and have you on the receiving end of a combo after the evade. At least with my ultron i know when to expect it
    I personally like attacking with miles. OG spidey isnt the worst. he hits hard, just gotta be careful
  • andrade5184andrade5184 Posts: 285 ★★
    my point exactly
    you could always just not read the rdt threads since they make you feel so sad

Its funny that those who want RDT's want them for arguable reasons due to the changes to AW. While you remain the voice of this thread in favor of RDT's for a complete different reason, since you already mentioned you want them because of mistakes you made in the game. Thats funny, keep that argument alive. I am sure Kabam will jump at that
    :D
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    I agree that changing the game changes champs. After-all, much of the rank up strategy is ranking up a specific champ FOR something. You have a challenge in mind when you do it and not the champ itself typically. Kabam knows this as this game is all geared around collecting and ranking champs. Everything else is secondary.

That said,
    Challenge arenas could give a use for these champs we've poured resources into that may not be as useful now.
    Arenas like:
    Endurance: no potions, no revives, and you fight exponentially increased difficulty opponents in a straight line until all three of your champs are dead. How far you go will determine milestones and rank rewards.
    MD: Everyone's favorite mastery gets exponentially increased on each fight against mystic champs. Good time to use your power control champs.
    Perfect match challenge: You gain points for milestones by completing matches ending with no hits towards you.
    I'm sure we could think of more. Let's get creative.
    Every challenge can be bent toward abilities that would favor other champs to use. There's your diversity.
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    Ryansapph wrote: »
    im in a 2.1 million allience and im against it and was when they first did RDT, because I saw this coming that every small problem you demand RDT.

5 min down time - RDT
    I lost my streak due to one error dispite knowing the game was going slow RDT
    I just feel like crying over and over about the same thing despite the answer being NO in each and every time I beg and whine in hopes the next day that my stupid rewording of the same thing being accepted - RDT

get a life, learn how to use your roster and stop beating a dead horse the answer is NO

SO you don't think they'll consider it then?
  • SMiller80 wrote: »
    No it isn't. You can use rank down items from a 4* into a 5*. That's one thing they are avoiding.

I believe you are operating under a misconception. You seem to think that the problem with rank down is that you can transfer the resources freed up by the rank down on higher tier champions. That's a problem, but not the problem.

I'm not a MCOC developer, but this is such a widespread principle in MMOs that I can be reasonably sure the MCOC team sees this the same way the vast majority of MMO dev teams do. The problem actually isn't with how the resources are spent after they are freed. The problem is literally the fact that they are freed at all. The devs want you to think carefully about spending resources. They do not want players to think that they can spend resources, and then later if they change their minds they can just get them back and spend them in a different way. The devs want the act of spending resources to have an opportunity cost. When you spend them, you can never spend them on anything else ever again. That permanence in execution makes the act of spending resources a much more significant and thoughtful thing. If you believe that you can spend a resource on something, and later if a better opportunity comes along you will be allowed to change your mind and pick the better opportunity, it makes the act of spending resources less interesting. To put it bluntly, it makes spending resources less painful, and the devs want some pain in spending: the agony of wondering if it is worth taking the bird in the hand or waiting for two birds to come along later.

This may not seem fair, but this includes future changes to the game. The newer opportunity might be that the game changes in a way that makes some opportunities worse and others better. The fact is MMOs are constantly changing. It will *always* and *unavoidably* be true that the game will devalue some choices over time and create new choices that are better than the current ones. You are supposed to factor that into your resources spending choices. Buy the new great thing now, or wait for the newer greater thing later. You can't do both with the same stuff.

Every game has to decide what are "extraordinary circumstances" that will cause them to temporarily and in a limited fashion suspend this rule and allow players to recover spent resources and reuse them. To eliminate that pain of picking an opportunity that is superceded by another one. And every game chooses a threshold that is different. RDTs are the MCOC version of that mulligan; many MMOs have the notion of a respecification token that allows them to redo or rebuild or repurpose progress resources of some kind. And they are generally very limited in most circumstances.

But to be clear: how you spend resources you reclaim with an RDT isn't the real problem, so proposing ways to limit how you spend them isn't going to encourage the devs to allow for them. The real problem is perpetuating the belief that resources can be respent at all, in any way. They want you to believe that resources spent on progress are gone, vaporized, utterly destroyed. They want you to believe that choice is permanent. Anything that makes players believe, even a little, that when they spend resources there is a chance they might get them back, that they can negotiate or demand for them to be given back, is the problem itself.

*IF* they choose to give out RDTs in the future, *then* they might limit how the resources can be spent. But first they have to decide to give them out in some form, and how the resources are spent is not even an issue until they decide they have crossed the threshold of needing to give them out first. Until that happens, how the resources can be respent is completely irrelevant.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    R4GE wrote: »
    I know I ranked down one champ, can't remember who or the reasoning.

The rest of the tickets I just ranked champs down and instantly ranked them back up for the insane amount of level up events we got.

I did the same. For me, it's counterproductive because I Rank everything sooner or later. I borrowed a T4B from one Champ, and replaced it in a few days and Ranked it again. The rest I used for Level Up and SA.

Keep it to one thread (forum rules) so we don't need to see 4 per page.
    Kabam openly said you aren't getting them.

Issue is dead

kabam also said that they couldnt even make rdt after will power was nerfed but looks like that wasnt true
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    The thing is that no champion was changed. It's impossible to determine which champions were affected because every alliance has different strategies.
    You down-rank your 5/50 BP CW just to rank Gwenpool. That is a rank down ticket that you used to correct a bad choise that you did. It has nothing to do with AW

Yeah but your against gears or items for customisation of champs, so if others want RDT let them cry for them, they know they aren't coming and so do we.

But you can't just have your opinion and think it's a win! Others are allowed aswell, and remember ... just because you have an opinion doesn't mean it's right

Keep it to one thread (forum rules) so we don't need to see 4 per page.
    Kabam openly said you aren't getting them.

Issue is dead

kabam also said that they couldnt even make rdt after will power was nerfed but looks like that wasnt true

They said at this time it wasn't a function they had .. 12. Was a ways past that
    When making your point it would.be wise to not make.**** up

nope they said it wouldnt be possible for them to make such an item. go ahead and try to prove me wrong. good luck :p
  • MyTaffyMyTaffy Posts: 144
    edited September 2017
    all you people against RDT are just the top rated allies trying to prevent competition on you easily getting the t4cc crystal. bottom line is they changed the game for the worst and if they refuse to make the champs we have ranked worthy of there ranking then we need to have rank down tickets to adjust our teams regardless of how we may use them

I am not in top rate allies and I really need t4cc and I really hope they can provide with more resources to rank up;

BUT

I am against RDT. SO DO NOT ASSUME ANYTHING.

• AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    It is true that Kabam can change the rules at any time, and issue RDTs or whatever, but given that War is still going to change, there is no reason to do that now, if ever.
    Now, if they want to hand me a 4* RDT so I can rank down my 4*50 MM who is unusable in hard content due to dropping hits in her combos, well... ;)
    edited September 2017
    MyTaffy wrote: »
    all you people against RDT are just the top rated allies trying to prevent competition on you easily getting the t4cc crystal. bottom line is they changed the game for the worst and if they refuse to make the champs we have ranked worthy of there ranking then we need to have rank down tickets to adjust our teams regardless of how we may use them

I am not in top rate allies and I really need t4cc and I really hope they can provide with more resources to rank up;

BUT

maybe rdt dont help u cause u have no r5 defenders. i have 5 r5 4* defenders just wasted now so ok
    Amonthir wrote: »
    It is true that Kabam can change the rules at any time, and issue RDTs or whatever, but given that War is still going to change, there is no reason to do that now, if ever.
    Now, if they want to hand me a 4* RDT so I can rank down my 4*50 MM who is unusable in hard content due to dropping hits in her combos, well... ;)

true but they need to hurry up. matters like these shouldnt take so long to fix
  • MyTaffyMyTaffy Posts: 144
    edited September 2017
    MyTaffy wrote: »

BUT

maybe rdt dont help u cause u have no r5 defenders. i have 5 r5 4* defenders just wasted now so ok

See you are wrong again. I have some r5 4* and r3 r5* champions just enough for aw offense/defense, quest and aq and some of them might not be used in AW because of diversity but I am not regretting.

I want to get more resources to rank other champions up. I do not want to rank down any of my champions.

I do not understand why no one is asking for more resources to rank them up but keep on asking for RDT?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    edited September 2017
    Technically, they never had the ability at the time of the changes to WP. Regardless, that change wouldn't warrant them. The Champs hadn't been altered themselves, and it's not prudent to give them for changes to Masteries. What they did was refund the Units spent on it, and that was a more appropriate response.
    The Tickets were not intended for mainstream use. They were intended for major changes to Champs. Not content, or Masteries, or any other change. Essentially there are reasons and objectives for these changes, and giving the means to swap Rosters pretty much contradicts the point of the changes, not to mention the game itself. The point is to focus on Ranking and using more Champs, not to shift Resources constantly.
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    Amonthir wrote: »

true but they need to hurry up. matters like these shouldnt take so long to fix

Rushing **** out was their problem in the first place. While I think they could revert War until they actually test and refine a new scoring system, I certainly don't want any more half-assed, rushed content or modifications.
    Technically, they never had the ability at the time of the changes to WP. Regardless, that change wouldn't warrant them. The Champs hadn't been altered themselves, and it's not prudent to give them for changes to Masteries. What they did wad refund the Units spent on it, and that was a more appropriate response.
    The Tickets were not intended for mainstream use. They were intended for major changes to Champs. Not content, or Masteries, or any other change. Essentially there are reasons and objectives for these changes, and giving the means to swap Rosters pretty much contradicts the point of the changes, not to mention the game itself. The point is to focus on Ranking and using more Champs, not to shift Resources constantly.

well pb synergies was the reason they should of offered rdt at that time. just 2 weeks b4 they did that i r5 my red magneto so i was heavily invested in thst s*it show
    edited September 2017
    i dont understand any of your arguments as to why rdt should not be offered when they change the rules and it affects certain champs and makes them useless. kabam should fix the game and make it so that it doesnt affect any champs then there would be no need for rdt. however if kabam refuses to make changes to the usefulness of certain champs (unless they are buffing champs) then rdt should be the standard in all scenarios. if rdt ruins the game then they shouldnt make champs worse instead make them better and then there would be no backlash from the community
    So you have a history of making bad decisions and begging for someone to fix it for you..
    Got it
    Moving on now

man u just arent getting it u must of been dropped. its not a bad decision if it was made b4 any changes were made. i know u think u r funny but u are just a troll with points that dont make sense
    why dont you explain to me why rdt when they ruin champs is bad for the game cause my argument makes perfect sense
    edited September 2017
    i dont understand any of your arguments as to why rdt should not be offered when they change the rules and it affects certain champs and makes them useless. kabam should fix the game and make it so that it doesnt affect any champs then there would be no need for rdt. however if kabam refuses to make changes to the usefulness of certain champs (unless they are buffing champs) then rdt should be the standard in all scenarios. if rdt ruins the game then they shouldnt make champs worse instead make them better and then there would be no backlash from the community

Some of the champs being mentioned in argument for RDT's were created way before AW existed. They still perform the same now as they did then, although some have been buffed. While certain rank up choices were affected, the champ itself wasn't actually changed. Changed being the keyword for cause of RDT's when it comes to champs
    R4GE wrote: »

Some of the champs being mentioned in argument for RDT's were created way before AW existed. They still perform the same now as they did then, although some have been buffed. While certain rank up choices were affected, the champ itself wasn't actually changed. Changed being the keyword for cause of RDT's when it comes to champs

ok well maybe the champ thereself wasnt "changed" but the only way those champs were used was "changed" therefore they were indirectly "changed"
This discussion has been closed.