**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

An alternative to rank-down tickets

Comments

• Options
    QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    Qwerty wrote: »
    MCCXVI wrote: »
    This is very sad to see - the selfishness of some people - so what if I rank down a champion - it makes me happy - so what - if you do not want to rank down, then that's fine - but there are many people who want to - do people ranking down their champions actually hurt you - if somebody's happiness causes you sadness and grief, then I feel really sorry for you - God bless.

you don't think it's selfish to screw with the prestige game and screw over the other alliances/players who earned more rank up materials for their champs to get where they are?

not if the resources used to rank defenders are wasted kabam is the only one who wins in that scenario. so we all have to grind harder and longer or spend more to get the resources needed to rank up new defenders while putting our attacker ranks on hold so we can replenish our now depleted defense. the only one who benifits from that is kabam or players who have an abundance of useless champs

you can still put them on defense and they'll perform the same. just because you no longer want to use them doesn't mean you should get a redo.
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I love using Nc. Instant evade on spideys L1, Av L1, punisher L1 and L2. He hits so hard with the deep wounds
  • Options
    andrade5184andrade5184 Posts: 285 ★★
    to each his own thats why your argument on it being a stupid choice for ranking as an attacker is mute
    This is very sad to see - the selfishness of some people - so what if I rank down a champion - it makes me happy - so what - if you do not want to rank down, then that's fine - but there are many people who want to - do people ranking down their champions actually hurt you - if somebody's happiness causes you sadness and grief, then I feel really sorry for you - God bless.

you don't think it's selfish to screw with the prestige game and screw over the other alliances/players who earned more rank up materials for their champs to get where they are?

not if the resources used to rank defenders are wasted kabam is the only one who wins in that scenario. so we all have to grind harder and longer or spend more to get the resources needed to rank up new defenders while putting our attacker ranks on hold so we can replenish our now depleted defense. the only one who benifits from that is kabam or players who have an abundance of useless champs

you can still put them on defense and they'll perform the same. just because you no longer want to use them doesn't mean you should get a redo.

cant use them on defense cause my bg has 5 nc, 8 magik, 7 juggy and 5 uc
  • Options
    and dont get me started on how expensive level 5 md was and how its no where near as usefull on defense now as well
  • Options
    mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    SMiller80 wrote: »
    No it isn't. You can use rank down items from a 4* into a 5*. That's one thing they are avoiding.

Exactly, it would be like the single level up stones you get now
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    Everyone will just rank down useless duplicate defenders to rank up ones for diversity. Not sure the point of that

Then they will cry they can't beat content and Kabam need to do this and then cry and Kabam needs to do this..
    It's endless crying

Make smart choices and Kabam doesn't need to fix their rank choices

I got to ask...

At what point before this would it have been a smart choice to rank up a Spider Gwen?

I had a r5 spidergwen before this as did 2 allaince mates

So you don't have them anymore?
  • Options
    No it isn't. You can use rank down items from a 4* into a 5*. That's one thing they are avoiding.

Everyone will just rank down useless duplicate defenders to rank up ones for diversity. Not sure the point of that

Then they will cry they can't beat content and Kabam need to do this and then cry and Kabam needs to do this..
    It's endless crying

I got to ask...

At what point before this would it have been a smart choice to rank up a Spider Gwen?

wow and he accused me of stupid ranking decisions :D
  • Options

It's endless crying

I got to ask...

wow and he accused me of stupid ranking decisions :D

I have r5 hulk quake both caps yellow jacket Ant-Man electro
    R3 hulk Ant-Man yellow jacket Spidey 5s
    7 science t4cc

Even if I got the t4c back they would expire also the hate on her is stupid oh no she doesn't have a sp1 damage big deal

which proves my other point of why u are against rdt cause u dont need them u have tons of diversity as it is
  • Options
    to each his own thats why your argument on it being a stupid choice for ranking as an attacker is mute

you can still use them on defense, you just choose not to.
  • Options

you guys crack me up the whole reason we choose not to is simple its cause kabam made a war that is un winnable unless u dont place your duplicate champs so you are wrong i am right and your logic doesnt make any sense
  • Options
    Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★

you guys crack me up the whole reason we choose not to is simple its cause kabam made a war that is un winnable unless u dont place your duplicate champs so you are wrong i am right and your logic doesnt make any sense

nananana boo boo, stick your head in doodoo
  • Options
    Primmer79 wrote: »

nananana boo boo, stick your head in doodoo

lmao ok i like this guy
  • Options

exactly. you choose not to. that's your problem.
  • Options
    ThebgjThebgj Posts: 635 ★★
    I also have an idea-

The issue some members are having, is that they ranked up champs that would’ve normally never been ranked up. For example -

I ranked up my NC to 40/40. Allow a champ specific rank down ticket (so no one takes advantage of these great items)

One issue I see, it’s not just NC. I’m sure it’s a whole bunch of champs that were ranked up.

I’d be ok with a NC rank down ticket.
  • Options
    mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★

It's endless crying

I got to ask...

I have r5 hulk quake both caps yellow jacket Ant-Man electro
    R3 hulk Ant-Man yellow jacket Spidey 5s
    7 science t4cc
    Edited for Luke cage r5
    Even if I got the t4c back they would expire also the hate on her is stupid oh no she doesn't have a sp1 damage big deal

Ok and that's great... in a situation, which is a rare one among many players, throwing t4cc MIGHT be a smart decision rather then letting them expire especially if you are Summoner Rating chasing.

Many of us do not have the luxury of having extra t4ccs and t4b lying around ready to expire or sit in stash. We made smart ranking decisions based the state of the game, made decisions on who we might spend the time to grind.

Before this, grinding and ranking for a Dormammu or Hood, to build a stronger AW Defense was a smart move, and many did. Just to now have the time, effort, and resources wasted because the new system that was just thrown at them out of left field devalued their work and efforts.

While RDT's or RDG's would make little or no impact on me and obviously you, it is devastating to the smaller up coming player that was starting to hold their own in AW. This is exactly the kind of experience that will end up driving players away from the game instead of bringing them in.

RDT's or as the OP suggested same class and rating RDG style compensation would be something that would encourage that player to stick around because with that player, this game won't keep going.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    You can put 150 Mordos on defense and they will perform just as well as they used to. It’s just smart not to place them in the new system. You keep saying they are useless. You can use them on offense, in quests, in arena. You just don’t want to and want a do over. Just wait until you get the resources to take up who you want to take up. You will probably continue playing this game and have to rank up champs like spider Gwen like @Dropfaith did. At that point you won’t care that you have a lot of champs ranked up that you don’t use
  • Options
    Tjk602Tjk602 Posts: 85
    We all know u guys want it is Bc u made a bad decision on your r4 5*. Who gives a **** about 4* de ranking?
  • Options
    You can put 150 Mordos on defense and they will perform just as well as they used to. It’s just smart not to place them in the new system. You keep saying they are useless. You can use them on offense, in quests, in arena. You just don’t want to and want a do over. Just wait until you get the resources to take up who you want to take up. You will probably continue playing this game and have to rank up champs like spider Gwen like @Dropfaith did. At that point you won’t care that you have a lot of champs ranked up that you don’t use

well since im a smart person i will not place them in the new system even though i want to so therefore they are useless
  • Options
    Tjk602 wrote: »
    We all know u guys want it is Bc u made a bad decision on your r4 5*. Who gives a **** about 4* de ranking?

well if u are not stacked with 5* then u would care
  • Options
    How are they useless? You choose not to use them on offense even though you can. Tou ranked them for one reason and now you won’t use them for a different reason. Not how you define useless. Useless is more like having a class awakening gem and having everyone in that class awakened. So the use item button isn’t enabled. That’s useless. You can still add the champ to any lineup on defense, offense, or arena
  • Options
    How are they useless? You choose not to use them on offense even though you can. Tou ranked them for one reason and now you won’t use them for a different reason. Not how you define useless. Useless is more like having a class awakening gem and having everyone in that class awakened. So the use item button isn’t enabled. That’s useless. You can still add the champ to any lineup on defense, offense, or arena

its useless to me cause i dont want to use him as an attacker and never have therefore i would of never ranked him in the first place
  • Options
    nitecrawler is just an example you also have a long list of the same situation champs like; all spidey except stark, juggy, uc, antman, abomination and many others
  • Options
    I only got one champ you named as a 4* that I ranked up. Useless to you isn’t enough to get a RDT. A change to the champ itself that made him less value would.
  • Options
    nitecrawler is just an example you also have a long list of the same situation champs like; all spidey except stark, juggy, uc, antman, abomination and many others

I find it funny how many bad defenders you listed.. juggs uc Ant-Man abom... All mid tier at best

right no where near as productive as your spidey. if they are middle of the road defenders then who are good defenders
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★

I find it funny how many bad defenders you listed.. juggs uc Ant-Man abom... All mid tier at best

right no where near as productive as your spidey. if they are middle of the road defenders then who are good defenders

I don't have Spidey on defense either actually
    Never have

To be fair, I use my Sym on Armor Break. Lol.
  • Options
    Dorm hype hood mordo Iceman
    Hood was on verge of being pulled for someone else due to poor performance tho

Even if I could wouldn't rank any down

pretty nice defense team u are blessed w luck
  • Options
    Look at his list of diverse champs for defense that could easily be used on offense. Smart rank up choices by @Dropfaith
  • Options
    Just got a 5* mordo. Would never have ranked him up anyway lol
  • Options
    MyTaffyMyTaffy Posts: 144
    whatever talking to u guys is like talking to kabam mods in one ear and out the other. lets just hop on the downward spiral to this game crashing and burning

Same thing can say about you. I still like to RANK UP instead of RANK DOWN.

• Options
    MyTaffyMyTaffy Posts: 144

Even the war is un winnable, I still like to improve my roster by rank other champions up instead of just play the "rank down and rank up" game. You are the one still not getting my point.

• Options
    R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    It's basically the same thing as rank down tickets

Maybe the OP is onto something. Anyone notice the thread was actually approved by a mod? lol
This discussion has been closed.