**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

War rewards need big Big BIG buff

Comments

• Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,548 ★★★★★
    They need a overhaul for gold and below.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,999 ★★★★★
    I actually really like the bracket idea, @Moosetiptronic. That could be fun. 4* bracket, 5* bracket, no limit bracket. Could make those smaller alliance potions I’ve accumulated over the years useful again.

The idea for a war store somebody mentioned above is an interesting one. Where you place in the season awards you a certain amount of currency in that store and it has things like crystal shards and t5cc fragments, etc.

Another way of going at it would be that each bracket got it’s own store, i.e. a Platinum store, a Gold store, Silver store, etc. and that the different levels within the bracket got increasing currency.
    That could allow for a little more tailoring from Kabam’s end and more customized rewards from the players.

This... would not be easy to implement, but it would be pretty cool. They could even add in nexus crystals to the store and players could decide if they wanted to use their currency to get like 25k 6* shards or a 6* nexus (I’m making these numbers up, that doesn’t have to be the actual conversion rate). Or t5cc crystals v. selectors at different price points.

There’s a lot of tinkering that could be done. And then whenever they decide war seasons needed a buff in the future, they could just shift price points down and make their lives easier. Lot of work on the front end to set it up, but would make the future smoother.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    Graydrox said:

Graydrox said:

Graydrox said:

War needs a buff. Come on now. Nobody needs to explain it. We all know. In tier 5 and above we spend crazy resources, more than the amount gained from the season rewards. Do you not see a problem here?

War should have a fun amount of resources gained. Stuff we can't get anywhere else or atleast very healthy amounts of the stuff we can get other places. It doesn't make sense to have players struggle through a war season for a net loss. But that is the reality for a lot of alliances. We are coordinating, using boosts and strategy and skill, all while stressing and spending time. Yet at the end of the season we are taking a net loss on resources for all the glory spent to compete.

That is dirty. Kabam.... Kabam ! Come on. Do something with War. I don't want to have to quit my alliance.

So...... are you going to make a suggestion to what you want to see? I'd really like to hear what your expectations are for "fun amount of resources".
    War store. We should get a type of war credit similar to glory where we can buy exclusive items. Maybe those epoc crystals for example. I don't know. Why do you want my suggestion anyway? You just want to stomp on it?
    Because you have a problem with rewards. If you don't offer input or solutions or give any sort of idea, how is Kabam going to get close to what you want? Lets say they do make changes but none of which are what you wanted. You didn't give any input other than they need updated.

The point of feedback is to give suggestions to make improvements. Lets assume you are an adult with a job. Your performance review comes up and you tell your boss you are looking for a raise. So your boss takes that bit of information and gives you $.05 more per hour. It's not what you were wanting but you didn't specify what you wanted.

A war store isn't a bad idea but how do epoch shards fall into resources you can for war? If your point is to not have a "net loss" in resources, wouldn't you want them to just offer things like boosts and pots and rank up resources for AW?

The point in me asking isn't to stomp on your ideas but from your initial post, I feel a lot of high expectations that will only lead to disappointment. That's why laying out your ideas is good so that people can point out where you're aiming too high.
    I hear you. But Kabam isn't going to jot down my suggestions and propose them to the team. It's a waste of time giving specifics imo. Just let kabam know what needs to be worked on and they will figure out their own solution to the problem. They have their own special concerns they have to work around.

But one thing I will say is that the glory store spending to feed wars need to stop. War is pretty much canceling out our AQ rewards. Potions should not be available in the glory store. There's a specific answer for you.
    This attitude right here is why people are always saying "Kabam doesn't listen to us". You may think they aren't going to jot your ideas down but I bet someone from the forums team reads this post. They would absolutely dismiss it because you aren't giving them anything to work with. You've defeated the point of the post right away. Kabam has stated they are working on revamping AW already so they know there's a problem.

I bet if they make changes, you'll be one of the first to tear it down because it won't be something you wanted or something similar. If you are going to take the time to create a posting saying they need big, big buffs etc.. you should probably lay out what you'd like to see. But I can tell that you don't really know what should be done. The only useful thing you've suggested is the war store.

I think a war store is fine or at the very least, give glory for winning wars. I am not sure why Pots can't be available in the glory store. People buy those to use in both AW and AQ. Why would you want to remove them? You have said already that you are using pots and spending glory on those pots. So if you take them from the Glory store, you are ok with spending units on them? I don't understand your train of thought here.

Going with your store idea, they make the glory store connected to both AW and AQ.
    There's 12 wars in a season.
    Lets say you average 5k glory from AQ per cycle.
    There's about 3 AQ cycles in one war season so lets say that's equal to 15k glory. That's about 1250 glory per war.
    Lets say they awarded 1250 glory per win and 938 (75% of a win) for a loss.

I think that's a fair compromise to being able to recover pots used. Maybe add boosts as well to the store as well like with loyalty.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,136 ★★★★★
    edited January 2021
    Sing with me now...

1. boost the rewards for each individual war (the rewards you get on an incursion run of 1 hour makes the 24 hour war slugfest look ridiculous)
    2. boost the season rewards (war season takes the equivalent of 4 weeks fo AQ - make it the shard equivalent and that goes from Gold p not just Master)
    3. tone down the ridiculous nodes in a similar manner to how act 7.1 is vs act 6 especially in the lower brackets like Gold
    4. make pots percentage-based - no explanation needed.
  • GraydroxGraydrox Posts: 413 ★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

Graydrox said:

Graydrox said:

Graydrox said:

War needs a buff. Come on now. Nobody needs to explain it. We all know. In tier 5 and above we spend crazy resources, more than the amount gained from the season rewards. Do you not see a problem here?

War should have a fun amount of resources gained. Stuff we can't get anywhere else or atleast very healthy amounts of the stuff we can get other places. It doesn't make sense to have players struggle through a war season for a net loss. But that is the reality for a lot of alliances. We are coordinating, using boosts and strategy and skill, all while stressing and spending time. Yet at the end of the season we are taking a net loss on resources for all the glory spent to compete.

That is dirty. Kabam.... Kabam ! Come on. Do something with War. I don't want to have to quit my alliance.

So...... are you going to make a suggestion to what you want to see? I'd really like to hear what your expectations are for "fun amount of resources".
    War store. We should get a type of war credit similar to glory where we can buy exclusive items. Maybe those epoc crystals for example. I don't know. Why do you want my suggestion anyway? You just want to stomp on it?
    Because you have a problem with rewards. If you don't offer input or solutions or give any sort of idea, how is Kabam going to get close to what you want? Lets say they do make changes but none of which are what you wanted. You didn't give any input other than they need updated.

The point of feedback is to give suggestions to make improvements. Lets assume you are an adult with a job. Your performance review comes up and you tell your boss you are looking for a raise. So your boss takes that bit of information and gives you $.05 more per hour. It's not what you were wanting but you didn't specify what you wanted.

A war store isn't a bad idea but how do epoch shards fall into resources you can for war? If your point is to not have a "net loss" in resources, wouldn't you want them to just offer things like boosts and pots and rank up resources for AW?

The point in me asking isn't to stomp on your ideas but from your initial post, I feel a lot of high expectations that will only lead to disappointment. That's why laying out your ideas is good so that people can point out where you're aiming too high.
    I hear you. But Kabam isn't going to jot down my suggestions and propose them to the team. It's a waste of time giving specifics imo. Just let kabam know what needs to be worked on and they will figure out their own solution to the problem. They have their own special concerns they have to work around.

But one thing I will say is that the glory store spending to feed wars need to stop. War is pretty much canceling out our AQ rewards. Potions should not be available in the glory store. There's a specific answer for you.
    Then if you won't provide feedback, you have no right to complain when changes are made if you don't like them.
    Thanks for your feedback. I'll be sure to consider it.

Graydrox said:

Graydrox said:

Graydrox said:

This attitude right here is why people are always saying "Kabam doesn't listen to us". You may think they aren't going to jot your ideas down but I bet someone from the forums team reads this post. They would absolutely dismiss it because you aren't giving them anything to work with. You've defeated the point of the post right away. Kabam has stated they are working on revamping AW already so they know there's a problem.

I bet if they make changes, you'll be one of the first to tear it down because it won't be something you wanted or something similar. If you are going to take the time to create a posting saying they need big, big buffs etc.. you should probably lay out what you'd like to see. But I can tell that you don't really know what should be done. The only useful thing you've suggested is the war store.

I think a war store is fine or at the very least, give glory for winning wars. I am not sure why Pots can't be available in the glory store. People buy those to use in both AW and AQ. Why would you want to remove them? You have said already that you are using pots and spending glory on those pots. So if you take them from the Glory store, you are ok with spending units on them? I don't understand your train of thought here.

Going with your store idea, they make the glory store connected to both AW and AQ.
    There's about 3 AQ cycles in one war season so lets say that's equal to 15k glory. That's about 1250 glory per war.

I think that's a fair compromise to being able to recover pots used. Maybe add boosts as well to the store as well like with loyalty.

Graydrox said:

Graydrox said:

Graydrox said:

No. I'm not suggesting people spend their units on pots. But like I said, war is eating away at aq. Making aq basically a means to fuel our war efforts. And why? So we can maybe win the same stuff we could have bought with our glory.

Guys I don't need to make suggestions as the guys at kabam are plenty smart and probably 5 steps ahead of us. But if you want more ideas I can certainly throw some out.

How about adding more ways to get loyalty and boosting the loyalty store so that pots more available and cheaper in there. And yes. Remove potions and revives from glory so that people are not incentivized to use glory to win war.

Bugmat78 said:

Sing with me now...

1. boost the rewards for each individual war (the rewards you get on an incursion run of 1 hour makes the 24 hour war slugfest look ridiculous)
    2. boost the season rewards (war season takes the equivalent of 4 weeks fo AQ - make it the shard equivalent and that goes from Gold p not just Master)
    3. tone down the ridiculous nodes in a similar manner to how act 7.1 is vs act 6 especially in the lower brackets like Gold

Ridiculous nodes?? plz list some. @Bugmat78
    Ridiculous nodes given the war tactics allowed. Random example - Hazard Shift incinerate/ posion + stubborn in tier 3 for Gold 1-3 (on which you can face a Thing, Void etc) - any defender who has both immunities doesn't have the defensive tag. Every complaint/critique about AW is about context - didn't think I had to spell that out. It's like having a 6R2 rogue on aspect of war in Master EQ imo. Leave that for higher AW brackets or tone it down in lower ones.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,999 ★★★★★
    Yeah I’m not asking for war to be less difficult, it’s literally the only challenge in the game left for me. I just hope to see rewards worth the effort expended for it.
  • 007md92007md92 Posts: 1,381 ★★★★
    Once upon a time there was alliance war....

As a player i have matured.
    Playing for an AQ based alliance over a year.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,053 ★★★★★
    Uc / cav eq gives better rewards in terms of time/effort it takes. Also aq store makes aq better then aw - even running map 3/4, z a tb I can save up some glory and buy t5cc or t5b. I guess, some kind of aw store could've help a little. I mean, gold 1-2 gives 1-2k 6* shards only of valuable rewards over season. Why would anybody care about it?
  • GNASTYGNASTY Posts: 348 ★★
    Maybe Kabam could look into the concept
    of some sort of war/competition between Alliances, like Alliance Bases or something.

Bugmat78 said:

Bugmat78 said:

Sing with me now...

Ridiculous nodes?? plz list some. @Bugmat78
    Ridiculous nodes given the war tactics allowed. Random example - Hazard Shift incinerate/ posion + stubborn in tier 3 for Gold 1-3 (on which you can face a Thing, Void etc) - any defender who has both immunities doesn't have the defensive tag. Every complaint/critique about AW is about context - didn't think I had to spell that out. It's like having a 6R2 rogue on aspect of war in Master EQ imo. Leave that for higher AW brackets or tone it down in lower ones.
    ig, but its only fun if its somewhat difficult, If they do end up toning it down, I hope they dont do it that much. You only really have those nodes in g1 and up which I think is fine
    Actually depending on the tier you have them right through, My alliance is AQ-based so we run one BG and have been in Gold 2 tier 3-5 all season and it's there every time.

I'm not saying remove it totally, but tone it down according to the level or biff the rewards by tier (and 10 frags of 6* shards is not a buff lol). Its the generally same costs to clear the same content (where you face 5/65s/6R2s or 6r3s at most with the same level of attackers) but because of bracket (from a history of war in previous seasons) you don't get even a 1/4 of the rewards when you compare say platinum vs gold.
  • Ken1378Ken1378 Posts: 279 ★★★
    edited January 2021
    War store.....

I think this could actually be awesome. Part of the reason that AQ rewards are so good is that you can basically customize them yourself based on what you need at the time. You get to choose exactly what you spend your Glory on. It's a very player-friendly way to do rewards. So I would love the idea of a similar system of rewards for AW. And if the Glory Store sells Catalysts and Alliance Potions, it just makes sense for the War Store to sell Shards, Sig Stones and Boosts. So then end-game players that don't care about 5-star shards anymore can just spend all their War currency on 6-star shards and sig stones. It becomes more worth their time/effort.

And I absolutely agree with everybody saying the AW rewards need a serious buff. They are just not worth the amount of items, stress, effort and coordination required. I do like the concept of head-to-head wars where you basically build a map out of our own defenders and I don't mind the month-long seasons, but the rewards are just SO bad. Not worth it.
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,723 ★★★
    I agree with the war store but think it should be even across the board and not tiered. Havent we learn anything from BFCM deals??? Not all ppl in same tier need same resources. Just open it up and let the players decide.
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,106 ★★★★
    @Wicket329 war store is a great idea. As @Ken1378 says, AQ allows you to almost bespoke your rewards, AW should be closer to that too. I appreciate that this is a RNG game, and that's where I really do think brackets work too.

There's a reason lots of people (who had 1* hulk) really liked v4. You got to use a lot of champions. Brackets with star limits could enable competitive play, for nearly every player but also a lot now choice.

But it probably needs a lot more than this. TB glory store is so much better than war rewards, it's only really p2 upwards that looks worth it. But it's not just the rewards, it's also the game play and the huge investment needed to remain competitive.

Having said that, maybe it's a game mode that is too valuable as it stands. When players as skillful as swedeah spend 500 odd units per war in pots and boosts, scale that up to the top 300 (?) alliances and 9,000 players and you've got a massive golden goose inherent in the current structure.
  • TrashPanda12TrashPanda12 Posts: 531 ★★★
    You get way more in one month's side quest than the war season...
    DNA3000 said:

Personally, I think the last thing the devs should do is buff Alliance War rewards. And I mean that literally. War appeals to only the tiniest sliver of a percentage of the playerbase: I rarely overgeneralize the playerbase, but I would bet a pile of cash most players participate in war either grudgingly or very casually because the experience is objectively horrible for most players.

Adding rewards to a horrible game mode does not improve the game experience. There's no such thing as a "fun amount" of rewards. There's only pressure to participate in a game mode you don't want to push hard in because you think the rewards are so high you're compelled to. War always sucked, but it was the addition of war seasons that turned it from a suboptimal experience into one where the players' biggest problem with war was their own alliance more than the opposing alliances.

The devs should literally buff rewards as the last thing they do. They should make war something the majority of players actually want to participate in, and actually enjoy the healthy competition of, and doesn't bankrupt them when the game puts them up against a punishing opponent first. Until that happens, I don't want to see more rewards poured into war. I saw what happened when they added season rewards to a broken game mode. No one can convince me a repeat of that is a good thing.

Fair enough - if they can make war more like incursions (ie fun) more would want to play (and even spend some resources). Right now it's like sadomasochism. Whatever they do the way it is now and as been for the past couple of years isn't working.

The defensive tactics, which were supposed to make it more "fun" and allow a variety of defenders to be used, has simply made everything more difficult and punitive - and it's the same defenders being used still.
  • Nah01Nah01 Posts: 243 ★★
    We are gold 3 this season and its rewards only are helpful for our lower level guys who still using 4* or 5* rank 3-4. But in gold 3, tier 10 we faced full of maxed rank defenders and our opponents used rank 5* attackers as well. So yeah.

Bugmat78 said:

DNA3000 said:

Personally, I think the last thing the devs should do is buff Alliance War rewards. And I mean that literally. War appeals to only the tiniest sliver of a percentage of the playerbase: I rarely overgeneralize the playerbase, but I would bet a pile of cash most players participate in war either grudgingly or very casually because the experience is objectively horrible for most players.

Adding rewards to a horrible game mode does not improve the game experience. There's no such thing as a "fun amount" of rewards. There's only pressure to participate in a game mode you don't want to push hard in because you think the rewards are so high you're compelled to. War always sucked, but it was the addition of war seasons that turned it from a suboptimal experience into one where the players' biggest problem with war was their own alliance more than the opposing alliances.

The devs should literally buff rewards as the last thing they do. They should make war something the majority of players actually want to participate in, and actually enjoy the healthy competition of, and doesn't bankrupt them when the game puts them up against a punishing opponent first. Until that happens, I don't want to see more rewards poured into war. I saw what happened when they added season rewards to a broken game mode. No one can convince me a repeat of that is a good thing.

Fair enough - if they can make war more like incursions (ie fun) more would want to play (and even spend some resources). Right now it's like sadomasochism. Whatever they do the way it is now and as been for the past couple of years isn't working.

The defensive tactics, which were supposed to make it more "fun" and allow a variety of defenders to be used, has simply made everything more difficult and punitive - and it's the same defenders being used still.
    Can u imagine how much easier the current war map would be without stubborn/flow/protect. Wouldnt even be that hard unless the opposing ally has all the meta defenders in all the ideal spot.
    Tactics are terrible though. We fought 12 wars - 11 with stubborn, 1 with flow (I think this was accidental). That's not fun - no variety either. S22 was the same - all stubborn.

The worst part are the tags old and new (hello #metal Corvus) which don't help much even when your attacker supposdly benefits - given the tactic+nodes (not even mentioning the meta defenders) this basically limits you to one or two out of 200 champs for any given fight so it's back to RNG.

I'd rather play Cav EQ.