**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

The Yellowjacket Debate...

Comments

• Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,805 ★★★★★

The other option: 5.

I like the buff, but
    a) would need to pull the five star
    b) get him awakened for the nice damage

It was a good buff all things considered

spidey i didnt want to comment in the meme thread...but can you give the link to where it is mentioned that sp3 sting doesn't stack...?
    well I mean they haven’t come out and said it’s supposed to stack this is a bug so I’m pretty sure it’s intended to not stack. Besides, it’s still 50k damage every cycle with max sig and sp1s.
  • Options
    SantiagoEhsaanSantiagoEhsaan Posts: 126
    Group 4: all or nothing

The other option: 5.

I like the buff, but
    a) would need to pull the five star
    b) get him awakened for the nice damage

It was a good buff all things considered

spidey i didnt want to comment in the meme thread...but can you give the link to where it is mentioned that sp3 sting doesn't stack...?
    well I mean they haven’t come out and said it’s supposed to stack this is a bug so I’m pretty sure it’s intended to not stack. Besides, it’s still 50k damage every cycle with max sig and sp1s.
    oh..okay
  • Options
    LeStMn92LeStMn92 Posts: 119
    Group 2: meh
    He definitely has the utility but there is still better options out there. Better petrify champs, more reliable slow champs, power sting isnt overly powerful. He is definitely a great utility unit but could do with a minor-moderate bump in DPS to either bring him into line with the other utility options in his field, or to pick an area for him to expertly dominate in to stand out over a specific section of utility.

I get every champ can’t be god tier, and Yellowjacket certainly has utility now. But I can’t see him being a great pick to rank when a lot of science champs already do what he does, better, and hit harder.
  • Options
    DualityCopeDualityCope Posts: 433 ★★★
    edited February 2021
    Meh I'm past cav with a decent roster so I don't think I'm the target audience for this buff
  • Options
    Denzel116Denzel116 Posts: 537 ★★★
    Group 3: Genuine critics
    Unfortunately his “effectiveness and damage” intersect at a point where he needs to be awakened and have extremely high sig.

In the same class as Void, Cap IW, and even Red Guardian (not to mention She Hulk for the more reliable slow utility), he’s just a bench warmer.

So much potential, but he if filed away as a niche option. For this to be a COMPLETE REWORK...it feels like a reshuffle of numbers.
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,741 ★★★★★
    I have YJ as unawakened r1 5*. No I won't give him gem. No I won't rank him up because I got plenty science champs, and CapIW&Void at r5, so the class is stacked.

Is the YJ buff good? Hell yea. He has more damage and solid utility. He isnt as good as Magento, but should a dude in metal suit perform better than master of magnetism?

His damage isnt the brightest, but if you compare it to duds like Karnak, he is still useful.
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021
    3.People who are serious about YJ, wanna rank him up but genuinely believe that the damage is not nearly enough.
    this is sorta the place I'm at. If i get a science t5cc i want to rank him up since his utility is sick imo, but his damage is pitiful. Especially since he's not going to be max sig for 4 years, I don't see myself using him but I would have to do a bit more testing. Seems like a great doom counter, but a lot of science champs are

Edit: This gives me falcon vibes. Great utility but a bit niche and mediocre damage unless in the right scenario. For both of those, I'd say falcon comes out better since daar is crazy powerful. Falcon needs an evade champ and high sig and yj needs high sig
  • Options
    Deeparvi said:

Actually Yellow Jacket has more effectiveness on defense rather than offense, Bcoz you just can't CORVUS OUT or Ghost out this champ as he takes 75% less damage from special attacks, but hence I thi m he should be ranked up only if you are going to place him in war??

If I remember his abilities right, ghost will still be fine unless you rely on wasp, and it would prevent those two champs from being super effective, but he's not a tough defender beyond that, so you could just use someone else
  • Options
    GreanGrean Posts: 1,397 ★★★★
    I mean like, yj is pretty good, but there are already a lot of science champs that do what he does AND have more damage
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    How about those who have done extensive testing themselves and have found him to have some super good utility and would rank him up if they had him awakened at a high sig? His damage at max sig is more than enough to make me want to rank him up for his extremely high utility. It may not be great, but it's really solid.
  • Options
    BlackTuranBlackTuran Posts: 642 ★★★
    I think he has pieces of utility that is very useful in endgame content like slow, heal reversal, power gain control, power sting. However, I have champs that do all these things better. So unless some content comes out that requires all these things in a single fight at the same time, he’s not getting ranked up for me
  • Options
    Also, I don’t understand why people say he’s tougher on defense now, literally nothing has changed in that regard other than high energy resistance and taking less damage from unblockable attacks
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Deeparvi said:

Actually Yellow Jacket has more effectiveness on defense rather than offense, Bcoz you just can't CORVUS OUT or Ghost out this champ as he takes 75% less damage from special attacks, but hence I thi m he should be ranked up only if you are going to place him in war??

Use champs with good damage at their base and not on their specials. Both Ghost and Corvus have that along with Aegon, Nick, Kingpin, Mole Man, Archangel, etc. That's not one of his annoying bits. YJ sounds like an allright defender but you should be fine if you slowplay him during his meltdown phase. That's really the only worry from what I have seen.
  • Options

Also, I don’t understand why people say he’s tougher on defense now, literally nothing has changed in that regard other than high energy resistance and taking less damage from unblockable attacks

the only difference about him on defence is that he takes longer to quake cuz of the physical resistance
  • Options
    Grean said:

the only difference about him on defence is that he takes longer to quake cuz of the physical resistance
    Yes he is very annoying in that regard.
  • Options

Grean said:

But he still isn't that hard. I am doing variant 2 rn and so far all of the yj bosses ive fought have fallen to quakes hands
  • Options
    Grean said:

Grean said:

But he still isn't that hard. I am doing variant 2 rn and so far all of the yj bosses ive fought have fallen to quakes hands
    Don’t they have encroaching stun there?
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

Grean said:

Grean said:

Encroaching Stun is Quakable.
  • Options
    For the folks running their mouths.
    ENERGY RESISTANCE (based on 6r3 data)
    Bishop : +4173
    Capiw : +716.6 when kinetically charged
    DrV : +2155 when blocking
    Guardian max sig with armor : 8591
    Havok: 2150
    HB : +921 for each armor up
    Hype: 1131
    Jubliee: 2866
    Loki: 1012
    MrF:921
    Mordo: 19405 max sig when blocking
    MS: 1482 4th soul
    RS: +113 per buff
    SOrcSUp: 2150
    StormX: 1433
    Thing:+137 per rock stack
    TJF: 1831
    YJ:+5016

YJ is third on this list, and he needs no sigs, has it on base. That coupled with everything else he has.....
    Damage isnt amazing, but he has enormous utility.
    I have a 6r2 sig20, and i'm really liking him.
    I have also completed all content to know his value.
  • Options
    Grean said:

Grean said:

No he isn't. I just dislike quaking opponents with high physical resistance like Mister Fantastic and now Yellow Jacket. The fights are long although easy and doable.
  • Options

Grean said:

Grean said:

I havent reached encroaching stun yet
  • Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★

3.People who are serious about YJ, wanna rank him up but genuinely believe that the damage is not nearly enough.
    this is sorta the place I'm at. If i get a science t5cc i want to rank him up since his utility is sick imo, but his damage is pitiful. Especially since he's not going to be max sig for 4 years, I don't see myself using him but I would have to do a bit more testing. Seems like a great doom counter, but a lot of science champs are

Edit: This gives me falcon vibes. Great utility but a bit niche and mediocre damage unless in the right scenario. For both of those, I'd say falcon comes out better since daar is crazy powerful. Falcon needs an evade champ and high sig and yj needs high sig

Falcon's damage even unawakened is better than yj by a mile.
  • Options
    KRoNX1KRoNX1 Posts: 1,089 ★★★★
    Do u know who else have a lot of utilities ? Dormammu . I know his damage is better than dorms but its still not that far ahead. He has a lot heal reversing potential but why would someone rank him up when there's cap iw and human torch who can do much more than heal reversing .
  • Options
    LeStMn92LeStMn92 Posts: 119
    KRoNX1 said:

Do u know who else have a lot of utilities ? Dormammu . I know his damage is better than dorms but its still not that far ahead. He has a lot heal reversing potential but why would someone rank him up when there's cap iw and human torch who can do much more than heal reversing .

This. In a class stacked with utility and damage options, he just doesn’t stack up as well as others. I’d rather take someone who can do his job just as well, with some actual stopping power, to drop them as well as cut off their strengths. Cap, Void, Torch, SheHulk, Red Guardian, I could orobably reel off 10 science champs alone still ahead of him. And thats just a singular class.
  • Options
    SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    I would think about it but because of the ISO problem he’s backed up to the third or fourth spot either way. :/
  • Options
    LemoNotLemoNot Posts: 181
    edited February 2021
    Easiest fix to YJ's damage is making Nuclear Core work more similar to Heat Charges. Deal additional 2% of damage dealt as a burst of Physical Damage per Nuclear Charge, and gain +50% Attack Rating during Meltdown.
  • Options
    DualityCopeDualityCope Posts: 433 ★★★
    edited February 2021
    Etjama said:

How about those who have done extensive testing themselves and have found him to have some super good utility and would rank him up if they had him awakened at a high sig? His damage at max sig is more than enough to make me want to rank him up for his extremely high utility. It may not be great, but it's really solid.

With science being the class that 100% relies on sig stones the most, it would be VERY hard to justify using stones on yellowjacket as opposed to saving them for cap iw/void/other better champs. Sig stones aren't super easy to get to max a champ out, still takes a while.
  • Options
    LemoNot said:

Easiest fix to YJ's damage is making Nuclear Core work more similar to Heat Charges. Deal additional 2% of damage dealt as a burst of Physical Damage per Nuclear Charge, and gain +50% Attack Rating during Meltdown.

agreed. meltdown isn't worth it and nuclear charges would be perfect for a damage boost