**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Dev Diary: Spring into Summer 2021

Comments

• RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,453 ★★★★
    edited May 2021

Rasilover said:

Are 5 star basic champions finally coming?

5-Star AND 6-Star Basic Arena.
    LETS GOOOOOOOOOO!
  • SilverHavocSilverHavoc Posts: 33
    The road map looks insane im very excited for it!
  • MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★
    Is Summer of Pain and Carina's Challenge and the Grandmaster Gauntlet all permanent for summoners to progress to later? Because if not then a lot of people that are Cav and UC right now will miss out.
  • NigelthornberryNigelthornberry Posts: 458 ★★★
    Holy mother of God this is fantastic
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    edited May 2021
    Jaded said:

Having the 6* and 5* in the same arena cutoff is bad. Whales will push the cutoffs too high, top 100 for the 6* isn’t enough. Mark my word, first one the cutoff for the 5* feature will break 100m.

Not looking forward to “gear” being added to the game.

The rest looks like good fluff.

It's a huge expansion of 5* featured champs, and a 6* basic likely won't be as desirable. I think top 150 of each would have made more sense, but it's still a massive upgrade.

• SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,630 ★★★★★
    Hoping that exclusive relics and new pieces of content will not be locked behind pay walls. I know that in the past this has not been the case, but the availability of different items such as 6* sig stones has been pretty low for F2P players. I get that some amount of cool rewards has to be offered to keep people spending, but watching the community whale out on the Deadpool spring cleaning event/etc. is a bit disheartening as someone who doesn't spend money. Fun to see what everyone else gets, but it occasionally feels like being left in the dust or just continuously challenged to stay in the top end of things.

Not to say anything bad about the roadmap, there are tons of things that it has made me very excited for. Thanks Kabam!
  • FieryWaterFieryWater Posts: 51
    edited May 2021
    Will the Summer of Pain and the Gauntlet be permanent content? Or will it be there only for a stipulated amount of time?
  • TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,749 ★★★★★
    Very excite

• SHIELD4AGENTSHIELD4AGENT Posts: 915 ★★★★
    edited May 2021

Rasilover said:

Are 5 star basic champions finally coming?

5-Star AND 6-Star Basic Arena.
    Any further info about the arenas?
    Did the shards from milestones got upgraded like instead of premium hero crystal shards, we get grandmaster crystal shards for Uncollected end higher.
  • VABBI2003VABBI2003 Posts: 44
    TyEdge said:

With the number of players becoming Thronebreaker, it’s a real shame that there hasn’t been a mention of 6-star dual class crystals.

The 5-star version came out 9 months ago. You’ve sold these crystals. You’ve acknowledged that there’s a real problem targeting and awakening champions. If your desired existing champ isn’t one of the 16 in the feature, literally your only option is to take a 1/160 spin.

These crystals are especially important to summoners because you’ve now tied progression titles to rosters. A player shouldn’t have to choose between not-being-TB and ranking up a bad champ. The inability to focus on 1/2/3 classes is an unjust system.

Let me be clear before I post this last line - I’m not suggesting that they change TB requirements - but all of this could’ve been avoided by making the requirement to form a t5cc instead of use a full t5.

I have a 50% tech t5cc but only 30% mystic and my only good 6* is claire. i seriously need those dual 6* crystals to get TB faster
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian
    Hopefully the Grandmaster gauntlet isn't just a unit dump. Similar to abyss when it released.
  • MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★

Will the Summer of Pain and the Gauntlet be permanent content? Or will it be there only for a stipulated amount of time?

Also the Carina's Challenge and any other content, crossing fingers it is
  • VABBI2003VABBI2003 Posts: 44
    Well some things are really promising and some are not so much. Best thing is newer content and interactive stuff. The relics tho are double edged swords imo