**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

New Arena Structure Feedback v2.0

Comments

• Options
    SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    Let's hope rank rewards won't have any difference acquiring them, but it will be a little tricky at first to chose what 5-6* arena to follow through to get at the same rank as I used to. (6-10% with 18000 points)
  • Options
    G2DKG2DK Posts: 243
    Why not consider putting the featured 5/6 and basic 5/6 in the milestone rewards. Could still make that cutoff around 100/120m .
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,189 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

Lvernon15 said:

At a minimum if the 6* champs are getting the same points as a 5*, reduce their cooldown to be the same

This is only in the Basic Arena, which is an Arena they previously could not be used in.
    They could be used there though...

I’m do things he meant pre oder of the arena not this one
  • Options
    2StarKing2StarKing Posts: 855 ★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

Lvernon15 said:

At a minimum if the 6* champs are getting the same points as a 5*, reduce their cooldown to be the same

This is only in the Basic Arena, which is an Arena they previously could not be used in.

You missed the word previously. He is speaking prior to the 6* arena.
  • Options
    SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,166 ★★★★
    What is the required points in each arena for ranked rewards?
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    2StarKing said:

Lvernon15 said:

Lvernon15 said:

You missed the word previously. He is speaking prior to the 6* arena.
    Which is a completely pointless comparison
  • Options
    GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    Gamer said:

How Hav the impact with the change for the 6 star to score almost the same as the 5 star or I’m missing understand it because if so that just bad for me

That is only in the basic arena. The featured still has its old points.
    So basically you can not use your 6 stars in the basic. Which is the old 4 star featured arena.
    This is great news for lower players that might have scored some 6 star champs early on when building their streak
    Since they start at the r4 5* level in PI.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★

Gamer said:

How Hav the impact with the change for the 6 star to score almost the same as the 5 star or I’m missing understand it because if so that just bad for me

So basically you can not use your 6 stars in the basic. Which is the old 4 star featured arena.
    This is great news for lower players that might have scored some 6 star champs early on when building their streak
    Definitely a good thing.
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    2StarKing said:

FabiusBR said:

Kabam - “ After a lot of thought, exploration of multiple options, and discussions with some heavy arena grinders, we’ve come up with the following plan”

No way any “heavy arena grinders” signed off on this disaster. I didn’t complain about the arena changes before, but this is just ridiculous.

Basic arena - they removed the advantage of six stars (higher points) but retained the disadvantage (harder matches). So, six stars are now less valuable than five stars. Total slap to any player with a decent six star roster. Why not just remove six stars from the arena?

Featured arena - this arena will get flooded with players leaving the basic arena in order to get value when they run their six stars. That will affect cutoffs, probably negatively for everyone.

Milestone reward changes - the milestone rewards remain completely inadequate for the effort involved. The changes are insignificant.

Before this, I could just do a run when my six stars recharged every 11 hours and get enough points for 1-5% in the basic arena. So, two runs a day in the arena. Nice for QOL. But now that I am losing the six star points advantage, I will need to run my five stars as soon as they recharge in order to keep up. I will have to make three runs a day of five stars and two runs a day of six stars to keep up. Way too much time to invest for pitiful rewards.

Bottom line. I see no significant advantage for any player in these changes but see a serious disincentive to building a six star roster since they have completely destroyed the usefulness of six stars in the basic arena.

The advantage is I don't need many 6* to be competitive in the basic arena. For players without many 6* this is what we want, to have a chance to compete!
    It also doesn’t make much sense though, and will cause an increase in the time spent going for grinds because it’s done with faster refresh lower point gain champs
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,189 ★★★★★

Gamer said:

Know that now.
  • Options
    Lvernon15 said:

Also not fond of the impact on the 6 stars being lower and what that’ll have on the grinds for the champions, for milestones it’s a good change, but for champion grinds having a bigger 6* roster won’t help that much, and people with less champs but more ranked 5 stars will be getting more from it, which just doesn’t feel right

It is only for the basic arena. In the featured the points are still different. So that has truly become the endgame player arena in a sense.
  • Options
    DanxorDanxor Posts: 91
    These changes sound fantastic for mid level Cav players, thanks a lot!
  • Options
    Cop123Cop123 Posts: 129 ★★

Guys, this is an absolutely amazing change. People that want to go for the 5 and 6 star champs still can.
    And basically EVERYONE can get a very nice amount of units.
    Great Great Great change!!!!!!
    Too bad about the first update to arena's. But this is very close to how I imagened the update to be.
    Again.
    MUCH PRAISE!!!!!

most people who dominated the leaderboard before had way more 6* and 5* than those who didn't. they will still use those champions now and still get the top rank rewards because they have more ranked 6*. all this does is increase grinding time and offers a low chance for others to get the arena champion.
  • Options
    SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★

Guys, this is an absolutely amazing change. People that want to go for the 5 and 6 star champs still can.
    Too bad about the first update to arena's. But this is very close to how I imagened the update to be.
    Again.
    MUCH PRAISE!!!!!

There's also a lot of us that don't bother for the champion rewards, but for a chance to a nice rank for a few more 5 and 6* shards, we'll have to wait and see how these changes affect them, and what arena to chose for our usual routine
  • Options
    HavanaknightHavanaknight Posts: 453 ★★★
    Jaded said:

Reducing the 6* points in the basic 6* arena isn’t the right step. Some people don’t have the time to run through 100 6* on the feature then 160 5* on the basic to hit all the milestones in both.

It’s QOL change that has gone in reverse imo.

Legitimate question-what were you doing previously to hit the 4 mil and 12 mil milestones in basic/featured pre Shang-chi? If you hit them both comfortably before, then this change has no effect on you. Don’t use 6* in the basic. If you weren’t hitting them, kabam shouldn’t be expected to lower the bar to allow you to get you there.
  • Options
    HudsonmanHudsonman Posts: 52
    So is the 6* champ still available in the basic Arena Rank rewards?
  • Options
    Cop123 said:

Again.
    MUCH PRAISE!!!!!

most people who dominated the leaderboard before had way more 6* and 5* than those who didn't. they will still use those champions now and still get the top rank rewards because they have more ranked 6*. all this does is increase grinding time and offers a low chance for others to get the arena champion.
    Sorry but people with a huge 6* roster have either payed for that roster, or have played so much they earned those 6* champs. Either way, both those players have done more than someone with less 6* champs. And thus should have a better chance at getting a top champ.

For the basic this doesn`t matter since having the highest rarity champ does not matter. Since the 5 stars have the same points as the 6 stars. Thus it actually equals the playing field more. And again. a lot of us simply do not have the spirit to grind for a top champ. Only very few people can grind 600+ rounds in 3 days.
  • Options
    hermherm Posts: 415 ★★
    I will definitely hop back in the arenas now, but only for the basic. And for those who have been grinding both arenas, they've essentially been shafted. What I mean by that is I don't think they're gonna have to grind more, but their grind is only potentially better by a small margin. For reference, I'll just paste what I've been saying.

"The thing is, with the 6* point nerf, there's basically no change if you grind both milestones. According to my rough calculations, 6*s atm are currently worth around double the number of points compared to 5*s (6*r1 ~ 20k, 5*r4 ~ 10k). So essentially, if we disregard the changes to the milestones, if you had the roster to use only 6*s in both arenas previously, you would have to do double the work. When we plug this in with the milestone changes, we get something like this:

Featured arena (changed from 16 to 12 mil): 2 times the work * 12/16 amount of milestone grind = 24/16 = 1.5 times the work

Basic arena (changed from 16 to 4 mil): 2 times the work * 4/16 amount of milestone grind = 8/16 = 0.5 times the work

When we average the two values to determine the total grind, we get this: (0.5 times the work + 1.5 times the work)/(2 arena grinds) = 2/2 = 1 times the amount of work

Obviously, this math is far from perfect. But even so, it's worth considering. Not to mention, this seems exactly like something kabam would do.

Additional notes: if you didn't have the 6* roster to do both arenas, this will undoubtedly be better than it was before. However, this is still way more work than what anyone had to do prior to the introduction of the 6* arenas; I do not run suicides so the point examples I gave will probably be different compared to someone who does; if you just run the basic arena (which I highly recommend) these changes are absolutely amazing; these changes will even out the playing field if you do intend on grinding for the actual champs."