**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Summer Of Pain - UPDATED [June 16 - 14:00 PT]

Comments

• Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★
    Lordabck said:

Hey @Kabam Miike , many of us were not able achieve all the objectives due to ongoing issues with game. So ended up getting second peak award. I though this last quest give opportunity to gain some more points but it will be ended in next week only.
    Is there any scope of achieving top peak award?
    I tried very hard to achieve all the objectives but some were like i have to deal with bugs and pump in lots of revives. So many of us left them.

Wow. It sounds like a problem unique to you.
  • Options
    Cma1323Cma1323 Posts: 68
    Ebony_Naw said:

Cma1323 said:

zuffy said:

Since week 4, we get 4 points per fight as TB. It was obvious that week 9 fight would be point 27. Why would you think there will be bonus points beyond 27?

Cause there are 2 weeks left of SOP and the countdown on the event was for 2 more weeks. Most, if not the whole community, thought the last 2 weeks would follow the same format and have 4-8 more objectives bringing the total points you could get to 31-35. Yes we were told the content for the last 2 weeks would be different but no real mention about a change in reward structure or the points that could be acquired.
    I think you kind of answered your own question though. There was no word on the final two weeks except that it would be different. It’s unlikely that Kabam would make this event last two additional weeks, but then not give additional rewards and still make everyone wait just as long for others to try and catch up.

People had pointed out the additional weeks on the forums before, and many people said additional points were unlikely and leaving any on the table was at your own risk. I can only hope those people listened to that advice.

I’m not sure this will help, but in case it will, I want to point out that 23 points is no small feat, and at the start of the event, many would have been more than happy with that final outcome. I know I was shooting for 15. Between the t5cc, nexus, and sig stones, I’d say you came out with a treasure trove of a reward.
    Nah I know. Like I said I am not upset or anything. I have maybe spent 7-8 revives on this whole event so far, still need to finish Ghost but now I can just get 2 points for 23 and not have to worry about all 4 points for 27 since the most I can get is 25 now. Kabam's initial post and the timer in the event made me think otherwise about the total amount of points able to get. Like I said I am happy with what I got for the time and resources used but if Kabam had been clearer then I may have gone for the full 27. Still those rewards will come and if nothing else I saved myself resources for perhaps better rewards for what is to come.
  • Options
    gfcgfc Posts: 5

If you fought Darkhawk again during the extension week, you’ve got one extra point which is supposed to be deducted before reward release. So it is likely that you have reached max reward level when you completed 2 objectives this week. In this case you should complete the outstanding objective or otherwise you’ll miss one point and lost the max reward.

I’m pretty sure you didn’t read my post beyond the subject. Can a Kabam employee answer whether or not I/we (with the extra point) need to wait to claim our final point until after the extra is removed?
  • Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    gfc said:

What's happening with the extra point?
    For those that did do it and are now at max, should they leave 1 objective and complete it after the point has been reversed?

They announced the points will not count. Not sure why there's confusion. No one will be exempt from completing all objectives in order to earn all rewards. Make sure to do all objectives.
    My confusion is WHEN to claim the final point. I’m sitting at max rewards, but also have a point left to claim.
    You can complete and claim the final point. Deduction of points later should not be an issue. If you want to wait till last moment, that's a risk because of life issues, emergency maintenance and all that jazz.
  • Options
    Maverick75Maverick75 Posts: 631 ★★★

Summoners!

With the Summer of Pain coming to an end, we're going to be changing the Summer Of Pain Peak Milestones to pay out to you all at the end of this week's fight! That means you don't have to wait until the end of the event for the rewards!

But what about the final Quest? Well Summoners, we're going to let you in on a little secret... The final week consists of a very different quest. This quest consists of multiple paths where you'll face off against the Summer Of Pain bosses one more time before facing the final Boss! A challenge of this calibre demands its own set of objectives and rewards!

Keep an eye on your Message inbox after the Summer of Pain event ends for your Rewards, and prepare for the last dastardly Challenge in the final weeks of the Summer of Pain!

First, finally I agree in the fact this event made progress the players who tried it a lot. Personally, for example I learned to bait the SP of Supreme Symbiot and Emma, that I would not have learned in long rows of fights. The one fight choice was right!

As an improvement in the game, when the player abandons the fight, he should be redirected to the map instead of the choice of the lonely and KO champion. With around 200 attempts on Supreme Symbiot, it has really been an irritant to always have to exit the choice of champion.

Regarding this decision :smile:
    No doubt that the players will appreciate to get the rewards earlier. This is positive to provide specific rewards for a clearly harder challenge.
    BUT as others Cavaliers I am currently between 2 milestones (the 2-point step between 3 and 4 and between 4 and 5) and with this choice there is no way to reach the next milestone while the remaining time let us think we could try.
    Even if the change of rules during the event is positive, would it be possible to provide 1 more point to the players?

• Options
    benshbbenshb Posts: 798 ★★★★
    It's funny how some people "could not do all the fights/objectives because of the parry bug". Do you realize EVERYONE had that bug? yet many players COULD do all the fights/objectives while the parry bug was there. How is that even possible?
  • Options
    Monk1Monk1 Posts: 745 ★★★★
    Can’t believe people..

A) expected more than 27 points in total, when some points were basically a give away anyways
    B) are complaining for getting rewards early.

The only logical complaint can be that your overloading us with t5cc and could do with more t5b as need them to rank champs!
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    gfc said:

I’m also waiting for the extra Darkhawk point to be removed. Leaving a point unclaimed until it disappears, so hopefully there’s time to claim the other.

Don’t do that. Just finish the objectives. The point is likely removed after it ends and before rewards go out.
  • Options
    Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 934 ★★★★
    benshb said:

It's funny how some people "could not do all the fights/objectives because of the parry bug". Do you realize EVERYONE had that bug? yet many players COULD do all the fights/objectives while the parry bug was there. How is that even possible?

Are you aware that a lot of people (like me) have not had the bug?
  • Options
    IRQIRQ Posts: 305 ★★
    Eh, the last one's not that hard. Lower half of the difficulty level here. At least with stun immunity we're not supposed to rely on parrying. I could do without "opponent dashes back in the same frame they'd get hit and then attacks in next so there is no humanely possible way to react" or "melee attack I dodged suddenly lands across half the map" but those are Kabam's classics so whatever.
  • Options
    benshbbenshb Posts: 798 ★★★★
    Raichu626 said:

benshb said:

Are you aware that a lot of people (like me) have not had the bug?
    Well those have an easier time getting all milestones than those with the bug, haven't they?
  • Options
    Boomhauer_1Boomhauer_1 Posts: 27
    @Kabam Miike is there any chance we can get the rewards separately? So we can open up the Nexus Crystal BEFORE we have to choose the t5cc selector?
  • Options
    GomezlinkGomezlink Posts: 217
    edited August 2021
    Complaining about parry is not valid, we received 10 potions 40%, which helped a lot to advance in the summer of pain, people who didn't, because they didn't know how to play against Emma, you can be sure they only lost those points, a fight that even the parry is not used...We save the tears for another occasion
  • Options
    Jack0312Jack0312 Posts: 198 ★★
    @Kabam Miike
    Do you have any plan for some compensation regarding parry/dex bugs and the SOP’s challenges ?
    It’s been 6 weeks now since the first bug, we still have bugs and we only had one package of compensations…
    I’m not asking for 1-2-3-… more points, I’m just asking for an extra challenge which would allow players (who had real troubles because of the bugs) to get the points they deserve.
    I hope you’ll answer my question 🙏🏽
  • Options
    HalleyHalley Posts: 386 ★★
    First time ever solo SOP, what a pity I only have 8 points.

Are there anything else to get 1 more point?
    Cavs are more pessimistic than TB, no additional points, even completion point.
  • Options
    ZarakikZarakik Posts: 178
    Expected more points, it's painfull to end at 26 points...
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★
    Jack0312 said:

@Kabam Miike
    Do you have any plan for some compensation regarding parry/dex bugs and the SOP’s challenges ?
    It’s been 6 weeks now since the first bug, we still have bugs and we only had one package of compensations…
    I’m not asking for 1-2-3-… more points, I’m just asking for an extra challenge which would allow players (who had real troubles because of the bugs) to get the points they deserve.
    I hope you’ll answer my question 🙏🏽

Everyone had trouble with the bugs. Everyone who got the point played through it. Having an extra challenge will just make the entire event unfair to those that persevered through it to get it done by rewarding those who didn’t.
  • Options
    xNig said:

Zarakik said:

Based on what is your expectation fueled?
    Based on that there is one more week of SOP
  • Options
    AzmingAzming Posts: 37
    edited August 2021

@Kabam Miike is there any chance we can get the rewards separately? So we can open up the Nexus Crystal BEFORE we have to choose the t5cc selector?

Hmmm... I still wondering till these days. What happened if the game force closed either by purpose or run out of battery during the selection? Will the nexus/cats selector be moved into inventory or be selected randomly?

• Options
    I don't understand what people are saying, has the extra darkhawk point been removed? Who did it all ended up with 28 points, minus 1 will be removed, or maximum score was 27 and 1 point will be removed? So no one would receive the final milestone.
  • Options
    RonSwansonRonSwanson Posts: 1,171 ★★★★
    Azming said:

Hmmm... I still wondering till these days. What happened if the game force closed either by purpose or run out of battery during the selection? Will the nexus/cats selector be moved into inventory or be selected randomly?

They pop right back when you reopen the game
  • Options
    hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,120 ★★★★★

The best course of action is to select whichever Nexus you value most (has best odds of a result good for your account) and to select whichever cats you value most, independently. One has no real effect on the other. Or it shouldn't. Try viewing the progression of your account with a longer perspective than the here and now.

You will always be able to form cats. And it will only speed up with time. Go for the champs you really want. Cats will come and go.
  • Options
    Gomezlink said:

I don't understand what people are saying, has the extra darkhawk point been removed? Who did it all ended up with 28 points, minus 1 will be removed, or maximum score was 27 and 1 point will be removed? So no one would receive the final milestone.

I only skiped 1 point and i have 26
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★

Zarakik said:

xNig said:

Zarakik said:

They always said 9 fights. After the 2nd week of objectives we knew that each week would have 3 objectives, meaning 9 points from fights, plus 6 x 3 lots of objectives giving 27 points exactly. That left no room for missing any points if you wanted the last milestone, I’m sorry to say that this one is on you, not Kabam.
    I mostly agree with you, but if Kabam goes out of their way to say certain calendars have no grace days, I feel like they should’ve taken the same simple step for this. My accounts ended with a perfect score on my main and 20 on my alt. I’m happy with what I did (and with what I chose to skip).
  • Options
    Zarakik said:

Gomezlink said:

I only skiped 1 point and i have 26
    I understand, so the darkhawk repeat point has already been removed
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian
    TyEdge said:

Zarakik said:

xNig said:

Zarakik said:

They always said 9 fights. After the 2nd week of objectives we knew that each week would have 3 objectives, meaning 9 points from fights, plus 6 x 3 lots of objectives giving 27 points exactly. That left no room for missing any points if you wanted the last milestone, I’m sorry to say that this one is on you, not Kabam.
    I mostly agree with you, but if Kabam goes out of their way to say certain calendars have no grace days, I feel like they should’ve taken the same simple step for this. My accounts ended with a perfect score on my main and 20 on my alt. I’m happy with what I did (and with what I chose to skip).
    Calendars have different reasonable expectations from challenge content. It is reasonable to expect to get all the rewards from a calendar, and the rewards are designed on the assumption that most people will get them all. But if the calendar has a long enough duration, it is possible for accidents or circumstances to cause a player to miss a day. It isn't unreasonable to try to account for that.

But when you allow for grace *fights* in *challenge content* you're now diluting the intent of the content, and since the rewards are not balanced on the assumption everyone will get them all giving people extra chances to maximize their rewards is a lot less of a reasonable expectation.

It is painful to end one point short, but it is supposed to be painful. Calendars are not really supposed to be painful. Challenge content is supposed to be painful. The pain is intentional. It turned out to not be painful for the highest tier players, but it was always going to be painful for someone.
  • Options
    Maverick75Maverick75 Posts: 631 ★★★
    4 disagree tags but no comment...
    Maybe it is useful to remind that Thronebreakers and Cavaliers do not have the same objectives since a while. In the last week, TB could win several points per week (with the different objectives) while Cavs could only win one point (no objective). Cavs could not reach higher than step 6, said the in-game message. Of course it would have been easy for Cavs to score several points on Ghost or Venom.