**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

The grind is real I guess

Comments

• TesladonTesladon Posts: 339 ★★
    edited September 2021
    Lots of good points. Without much mention of compensation. Huzzah.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,168 ★★★★★

lets be real yall i fight 100+ 6*'s in the next week anyeay so i just need to try sp finish more then ususl

I’m don’t because cav is bored arena is even more boring
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★

Mindless busywork isn't a substitute for actual content. The priorities are screwed up here.

If things behind the scenes make less time for content creation, then that's an ideal time to give players a break. Weekly released objectives with good rewards and minimal grind makes for a great diversion.

There's no need to introduce grind, a limiting factor, when the resources gained are finite. I genuinely don't understand Kabam's thought process with stuff like this -- they gain nothing from this design. They only risk loss. For no reason. Why?

It's literally no more grind than actually playing the game. You finish with a Special. The Arena can accommodate that if people don't want to do it in a Quest. A week to do 100 Fights isn't a great deal. 20 a day has it done in 5 days. If 20 Fights a day is too much, then it begs the question, are people expecting Rewards without playing the game?
  • OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,682 ★★★★
    I don’t find this one particularly bad, but I think it really depends on what content you are doing.

For me, today I explored 1/2 to 2/3 of the UC side quest given the EQ event, and ground some arena. I didn’t do anything I wasn’t planning on doing anyway, although I will admit I was slightly more conscious of getting my KOs via a special if it wasn’t too inconvenient.

Here is where I am at the end of not even a full day (I’m in the US on the west coast, so my first round of 5 and 6* arena happened before the 10 AM pacific launch of the new objectives):

As you can see, I’m pretty far along on the Cavalier and Uncollected objectives - will likely wrap them both tomorrow just with arena. That said, if I was not doing EQ nor Arena it would probably feel a little more grindy, but then I’d probably just choose not to do them.

• Zephyre33Zephyre33 Posts: 116
    Kabam is high that's it those trash rewards ain't worthy my time lol not gonna do this bs quest I'm giving up on the whole September quest
  • Ps_cr7Ps_cr7 Posts: 296 ★★
    edited September 2021
    Kabam Boo said:

We understand completely, and thank you for expressing this feedback clearly. Our team will be taking a second look and implementing some tuning to this event so to make it more enjoyable for you all. We appreciate your patience at this time. Unfortunately, the team will not be able to make any changes to the current week's objectives, but will do so for the following weeks. We apologise for the inconvenience and upset caused, and hope that the future weeks will be more pleasant. Meanwhile, please do not hesitate to continue sharing your feedback on the matter.

Thank you for the response and i guess it's a good thing that you are acting on the feedback.
    Most of the things have been said earlier, Just have to add one point, when these target objectives are made, it's better to provide one set with target character in arena always...like you did with spider verse arena, having one set of target champions.
  • LordPSNLordPSN Posts: 799 ★★★★
    DrZola said:

Belated realization for me:

Duels don’t count towards the objectives…

…which is a shame, because that would actually make the allianceless small accounts with all R1 6* on their profiles useful for something in game other than clogging the arena leaderboards.

Dr. Zola

Oh man... A banter hiding in the plain sight ehh @DrZola 😂😂
    "We want Rewards but we don't want to play for them. If we have to play for them, we don't want to go out of our way for them.

Mindless busywork isn't a substitute for actual content. The priorities are screwed up here.

If things behind the scenes make less time for content creation, then that's an ideal time to give players a break. Weekly released objectives with good rewards and minimal grind makes for a great diversion.

There's no need to introduce grind, a limiting factor, when the resources gained are finite. I genuinely don't understand Kabam's thought process with stuff like this -- they gain nothing from this design. They only risk loss. For no reason. Why?

It's literally no more grind than actually playing the game. You finish with a Special. The Arena can accommodate that if people don't want to do it in a Quest. A week to do 100 Fights isn't a great deal. 20 a day has it done in 5 days. If 20 Fights a day is too much, then it begs the question, are people expecting Rewards without playing the game?
    It is more grind. I'm almost done with them and hated every second. Why am I not done? Release sp and rhulk physical damage killed them, fury bleed, cmm energy, guillotine 2099 degen, newly discovered by me dragonman has extra damage so the sp didn't kill them but all this extra stuff so many champs have nowadays. My favourite I'll hit 1 then think I'll sp but that hit killed them oh well next fight I'll fire a hit sooner but now they are staring at me with 1% health remaining.

I'll hit them and that isn't the problem but I'm working twice as hard trying to pay attention to my power and their health to Release at exactly the kill point. It drives me insane and is the most ill thought of concept ever. Games should be fun not whatever this is as all it is doing is slowing me down trying to end on sp.

Fyi easier cheese for anyone else work whatever difficult eq with bishop and at least 1 of his syn members there is 1 bar of power at start. Would have been handy for me if I haven't already done cav and uc for those 6* objectives that came out after. But I'm doing that for the 5* ones.
    Finishing with an L3 works for me. I've just been finishing UC (I don't rush EQ), and doing the Arena. Nothing more than I usually do. I get the Energy Damage. Bit of a pain.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    I am not sure what the players want.
    Shang chi quest. Too roster specific.
    Summer of pain. Too easy or too hard.
    Side quest too grind.
    Summoner event. Too complicated.
    When are people going to accept that not everything can be tailored made to enjoy for every single player. I accept that some complaints are very valid. But, no event will satisfy every single player. For arena grinder like me, this event is not that bad. I agree that it cannot be autoplayed like last week. But we cannot expect every week to be like that. I adjusted my gameplay a little and I finished the 4 and 5 star ones very easily. I can finish the 6 star ones after arena resets and can autoplay the 3 star one.
  • WolverDominatorWolverDominator Posts: 132
    edited September 2021
    100 sp final hits over 6* in 55 days.
    That’s 2 per day.
    I don’t know when I can find time to do so 🙄🙄🙄

Pulyaman said:

Side quest too grind.
    When are people going to accept that not everything can be tailored made to enjoy for every single player. I accept that some complaints are very valid. But, no event will satisfy every single player. For arena grinder like me, this event is not that bad. I agree that it cannot be autoplayed like last week. But we cannot expect every week to be like that. I adjusted my gameplay a little and I finished the 4 and 5 star ones very easily. I can finish the 6 star ones after arena resets and can autoplay the 3 star one.

People will always give feedback, and yes, Kabam will never get a side quest that people universally like. However, this seems to be one that a vast majority dislike. I mean, if you don't take a forum post that has 74 agrees and 2 disagrees as proof that this event isn't very liked I'm not sure what you do. Not to mention the data will likely speak for itself, people are abstaining from doing this because it's boring. I am, I've seen many posts and comments saying the same. Reddit doesn't like it either.

People don't like grinding, it's why not as many people play arena as they do event quest for example. Your defence of this event is "It's not that bad", you think that's a pro of it. I think that's a monumental con. You're thinking about a 2 month event in a mobile video game and saying, oh I guess it's not that bad. Why can't we have events that we think, wow I can't wait to log on and do this! Instead of sighing and thinking, better log on and grind for hours to get these 150 6* shards so I don't miss out on next weeks hours of grinding. Which do you think has a better influence on how people view the game?

I really don't get the point of "people complain about everything, I don't know what they want/why do kabam try/ why even do anything". Do you realise that different people are complaining about summer of pain being too easy/too hard, summoner event to complicated, shang chi quest too specific? Please tell me you get that, it's a very simple point.

When the majority of people complain about the same thing, that's when you know there is definitely something wrong. At some point you've got to ask yourself is this event fun, and if it isn't, then you've got to think about the point of a video game.

I understand that people don't like grinding. The disagrees are proof of that. But I am not sure how kabam can dish out event after event of easy rewards. The in out challenge was one of the easiest I have seen. 3 fights for a 5 star crystal. But, it seems to be a overwhelming amount of negative comment for something that can actually be completed relatively easily. If every event was like this, I will definitely agree. But some events are grindy while some are fun. For me, sop was very good for the rewards, in out challenge was just a giveaway and shang chi challenge was easy with the right champs, but doable with a relatively good roster. Summoner event after the grace days is not that bad for free rewards. But, I could actually see the same people complain about every one or these events which makes no sense. These are vastly different events with different requirements from players. How can you not like any of the events and still play the game?. The reason I decided to post my opinion that it is not all doom and gloom. It's a side quest extending over 2 months. Last week was too easy, It was just use a set of champs to defeat certain times. This week is a little more grindy. Next week could again be easy. So, it is better to wait before washing our hands of this event altogether like some have done.

"We want Rewards but we don't want to play for them. If we have to play for them, we don't want to go out of our way for them.

It is more grind. I'm almost done with them and hated every second. Why am I not done? Release sp and rhulk physical damage killed them, fury bleed, cmm energy, guillotine 2099 degen, newly discovered by me dragonman has extra damage so the sp didn't kill them but all this extra stuff so many champs have nowadays. My favourite I'll hit 1 then think I'll sp but that hit killed them oh well next fight I'll fire a hit sooner but now they are staring at me with 1% health remaining.

I'll hit them and that isn't the problem but I'm working twice as hard trying to pay attention to my power and their health to Release at exactly the kill point. It drives me insane and is the most ill thought of concept ever. Games should be fun not whatever this is as all it is doing is slowing me down trying to end on sp.

Fyi easier cheese for anyone else work whatever difficult eq with bishop and at least 1 of his syn members there is 1 bar of power at start. Would have been handy for me if I haven't already done cav and uc for those 6* objectives that came out after. But I'm doing that for the 5* ones.
    Finishing with an L3 works for me. I've just been finishing UC (I don't rush EQ), and doing the Arena. Nothing more than I usually do. I get the Energy Damage. Bit of a pain.
    *That initial bit was a response to a different comment that I chose not to get into. Apparently the Auto Save wants me to say it anyway.
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,373 ★★★★★
    I hated objectives last month and these next 2 months i very much prefer to do a side quest than side objectives even if side quest does side objecrives too is better than just grinding these out, when i saw this weeks after going in and out defeating iceman and kitty pryde in uc i just couldnt be asked doing anymore as i dont grind now it just feels like ones that grind arena will be having a better time it needs to be balanced to those that grind and to those that just do questing

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Side quest too grind.

People will always give feedback, and yes, Kabam will never get a side quest that people universally like. However, this seems to be one that a vast majority dislike. I mean, if you don't take a forum post that has 74 agrees and 2 disagrees as proof that this event isn't very liked I'm not sure what you do. Not to mention the data will likely speak for itself, people are abstaining from doing this because it's boring. I am, I've seen many posts and comments saying the same. Reddit doesn't like it either.

People don't like grinding, it's why not as many people play arena as they do event quest for example. Your defence of this event is "It's not that bad", you think that's a pro of it. I think that's a monumental con. You're thinking about a 2 month event in a mobile video game and saying, oh I guess it's not that bad. Why can't we have events that we think, wow I can't wait to log on and do this! Instead of sighing and thinking, better log on and grind for hours to get these 150 6* shards so I don't miss out on next weeks hours of grinding. Which do you think has a better influence on how people view the game?

I really don't get the point of "people complain about everything, I don't know what they want/why do kabam try/ why even do anything". Do you realise that different people are complaining about summer of pain being too easy/too hard, summoner event to complicated, shang chi quest too specific? Please tell me you get that, it's a very simple point.

When the majority of people complain about the same thing, that's when you know there is definitely something wrong. At some point you've got to ask yourself is this event fun, and if it isn't, then you've got to think about the point of a video game.

I understand that people don't like grinding. The disagrees are proof of that. But I am not sure how kabam can dish out event after event of easy rewards. The in out challenge was one of the easiest I have seen. 3 fights for a 5 star crystal. But, it seems to be a overwhelming amount of negative comment for something that can actually be completed relatively easily. If every event was like this, I will definitely agree. But some events are grindy while some are fun. For me, sop was very good for the rewards, in out challenge was just a giveaway and shang chi challenge was easy with the right champs, but doable with a relatively good roster. Summoner event after the grace days is not that bad for free rewards. But, I could actually see the same people complain about every one or these events which makes no sense. These are vastly different events with different requirements from players. How can you not like any of the events and still play the game?. The reason I decided to post my opinion that it is not all doom and gloom. It's a side quest extending over 2 months. Last week was too easy, It was just use a set of champs to defeat certain times. This week is a little more grindy. Next week could again be easy. So, it is better to wait before washing our hands of this event altogether like some have done.
    But you’re not getting my point. People will complain about everything. Yes, but it’s some,not all. So the argument of people complain about everything so we shouldn’t listen to the complaints, is a terrible argument. Because that begs the question when do you ever listen to complaints and change something?

If you don’t listen to an overall point of complaining because some people are complaining, then that means you don’t get to ever listen to feedback unless it’s unanimous.

Nobody is saying we should have an event that is great for everyone, and I agree that people would complain about almost every single event. That’s simply the nature of the game’s player base.

But equally, this objective based event is not fun and people are giving their feedback. Not to mention this will mean 3 months in a row of these grinding, objective events. A quarter of a year. You saying “we should wait to see what the rest are like” is quite incredibly missing the point.
    Never said kabam should stop listening to complains. That is what the forums is for after all. But, I am seeing the same people complain about everything which is a little crazy. We have had both grindy and good events mixed together. No idea what point I am missing though. If I don't find something fun, I simply don't play it. That is why I uninstalled fure revolution after 1 hr. I just don't see the point of complaining about every event and still continue to play the game. These objectives don't even need you to go out of the way and do it like last month. You can simply do it while doing regular arena grinding or questing.