**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Guillotine buff is here !!

Comments

• Options
    Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Posts: 792 ★★★
    edited September 2021
    Read the report. As expected, waste of time.

Ps, when does the change go live? Just so I can use her a little in her original state before she gets filed away.
  • Options
    No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★
    edited September 2021

There really is no pleasing some people. She's not even live yet. "This sucks."

It'd be relatively easy to please lots of people in this thread - by not taking away parts of her kit. But they seem to have a big aversion to doing that for some reason.

Infact it's actually easier to NOT take away parts of her kit than it is to take them away.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

There is a written description. Not live, but players are able to envision how that written description will play out in game.

That may be a wrong impression, but based on the written description, I would think you could see how experienced players might conclude there aren’t many situations where she outshines other champs.

Add the fact she was part of an event that allowed the community to vote on which champ got buffed, and it isn’t unreasonable for people to express disappointment when she doesn’t appear to be a significantly improved champ.

Then there’s the past few months. Apart from SoP, it hasn’t been great.

So if you think about it, it isn’t tough to understand where players are coming from when they balk at the details of the release.

Dr. Zola
    This whole comparison to other Champs and how much better they are at X or Y is the source of that inevitable disappointment. No one even stops to consider how much better they are than they were. Which is by far the largest measure for these reworks.
    Again, the past few months cannot be repeatedly brought up with everything that comes along. It's getting old, TBH. We're all aware the game has had issues.
    I think it's incredibly shortsighted and biased to form these judgements sight-unseen. Further to that, that's not at all going into it with an open mind. That's forming the prejudice that it will suck. People do that far too often here. They're already coming into things with the attitude that they will be dissatisfied.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    No_oneuk said:

It'd be relatively easy to please lots of people in this thread - by not taking away parts of her kit. But they seem to have a big aversion to doing that for some reason.

Infact it's actually easier to NOT take away parts of her kit than it is to take them away.
    If you limit the rebalancing to never removing or reducing anything, you're limiting these buffs to only Champs that are reworkable in that fashion.
  • Options
    Doctor_Strange19Doctor_Strange19 Posts: 252 ★★★
    Ooh I got some theory crafting! Against Nick Fury, Guilly will regen a bunch during his 2nd life degen!
  • Options
    Tx_Quack_Attack6589Tx_Quack_Attack6589 Posts: 600 ★★★

Ooh I got some theory crafting! Against Nick Fury, Guilly will regen a bunch during his 2nd life degen!

Doubtful as she’s not doing that damage to him
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,379 ★★★★★
    Stellar said:

The buff seems nice but why not change the synergies ?

No synergy with Purgatory ?

The synergies are from the other champs like gamora purgatory nt ms etc and not her so we wont see the updated ones till the buff is live
  • Options
    Doctor_Strange19Doctor_Strange19 Posts: 252 ★★★

Doubtful as she’s not doing that damage to him
    Nope, it says “ Guillotine Heals 2% of all damage taken by the opponent”. That’s a pretty big deal, and something some people may be underestimating. We shouldn’t judge her until she’s out, though.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

is the change to her sp2 a nerf? currently it just says reverses all regen. but in the buffed one it is reduce by 200%. which would mean an opponent with 100%increased regen would merely have the regen shut down to 0%

upon furthur inspection, there is no node in game right now that increases "regeneration rate". so she should work just fine
  • Options
    MavRCK_MavRCK_ Posts: 469 ★★★
    Hard to say for sure whether the buffs on Guilly or TR are in practice great... but the design overall for both champion I believe is well-designed and thought-out... kudos to design team on these champion reworks!