**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

State of the Game - an open letter

Comments

• Joker1976Joker1976 Posts: 440 ★★
    Agree with a lot of this,..although AQ wasn’t mentioned at all. I think there’s a problem with a game mode where the maps and bosses have virtually no change over close to a period of 1 year. Also there’s a big problem when that game mode feels more like a chore and a obligation to ally mates …then actual fun.
  • naikavonnaikavon Posts: 298 ★★★
    edited November 2021
    Adevati said:

naikavon said:

Adevati said:

naikavon said:

I know, I can hear you now, fun is relative and means different things to different people. And on that we can agree. But riddle me this batman, when's the last time ANYONE said a piece of content was fun? It's been a minute. And that's really the point.

7.1-7.2 (haven’t gotten a feel for 7.3 yet myself, and others views are mixed)

Summer of Pain

Every Month EQ — people love posting those big numbers with their 10 fury charges, or love posting which champs finish fights in 10-15 hits

Any Red Magneto owner: Last weeks Side Quest

And finally, I just talked to Steve, and he is very disappointed in you.

You confuse being able to beat something as fun. That's not even remotely how I associate fun. No one would say crushing act 1 with six stars is fun lol.

But to your point about cav eq, this month is a great example. The skill path... not particularly difficult but it is a minor inconvenience to me as a suicide user. I turn them off to run the skill path. Is it the end of the world? No, but annoyances stacked on annoyance add up and I think that's what is happening here. People are filled up on their annoyance meter. So even the smallest annoyance is disproportionately affecting them. But hey, maybe it's just me

I can't speak for others but my play time has significantly decreased and I find myself playing other games more and more. I've already decided that at the end of the year if the scales haven't tipped in favor of fun vs annoying, I'm out. I don't say that as some type of threat, cause it's not. I just don't see the point of playing a game that isn't fun. That all.
    I responded to “when is the last time ANYONE said a piece of content was fun”.

I don’t mean to sound egotistical, but I do include myself in the definition of “anyone”.

It’s not fair that you qualify my idea of fun as not fun but rather that I can beat it. Then your pointless analogy of Act 1 with 6-stars. Did I list all easy content?

I enjoy every Month EQ. I look forward to it. I like using 6r1s that I never use and seeing them be very effective. That is fun to me. Not every quest is good. Some class boost nodes are worthless. But overall, I like the quests.

7.1-7.2 was fun to me because it isn’t filled with “gotcha” nodes. It’s fair and requires a modification of strategy or champs.

SoP was fun to me, as a sub-par skilled player, because after a lot of attempts, I could finally take out a some of the bosses.

I enjoyed the Summoned Symbiote and all the pre-fight juggling.

I appreciate when a certain champ can be OP in certain scenarios like Mags in last weeks Side Quest. I like using Ronan to cheese. So what? That’s fun to me.

But again, this was in response to an absolute that everyone has hated all content. And that is painfully false. You can find hundreds of posts on here and Reddit of people enjoying past content.
    Fair enough. I'll take the hit for using the word anyone. I didn't mean it literally or as an absolute though.

Of course there will be aspects of things people like. I mentioned it in the original post. Which of why I chide the imprecise wording to highlight that those (who are enjoying) are in the minority.

Again, it was intentional becuase most people understand absolutes do not apply, and those who are ok with things rarely come on and say how happy they are. It happens, sure, but mostly people complain. It's all good, I apologize that the meaning was clouded by my choice of words even if intentional. I prefer to focus on the acutely points raised though.

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    naikavon said:

Adevati said:

naikavon said:

I know, I can hear you now, fun is relative and means different things to different people. And on that we can agree. But riddle me this batman, when's the last time ANYONE said a piece of content was fun? It's been a minute. And that's really the point.

7.1-7.2 (haven’t gotten a feel for 7.3 yet myself, and others views are mixed)

Summer of Pain

Every Month EQ — people love posting those big numbers with their 10 fury charges, or love posting which champs finish fights in 10-15 hits

Any Red Magneto owner: Last weeks Side Quest

And finally, I just talked to Steve, and he is very disappointed in you.

But to your point about cav eq, this month is a great example. The skill path... not particularly difficult but it is a minor inconvenience to me as a suicide user. I turn them off to run the skill path. Is it the end of the world? No, but annoyances stacked on annoyance add up and I think that's what is happening here. People are filled up on their annoyance meter. So even the smallest annoyance is disproportionately affecting them. But hey, maybe it's just me

Have you tried it recently without turning suicides off? I've never turned them off for Cavalier EQ.

• TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★
    With mastery changes could we expect more levels beyond 60?
  • CassyCassy Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    Good writing OP.

I sign this open Letter too.