**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

State of the Game - an open letter

Comments

• Options
    ChimpsChimps Posts: 114
    I totally agree! Well said. Hopefully this will make a change. Influence Kabam to think differently! 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    To elaborate on what I said earlier, it's not the OP's points that avert me. Some I agree with and some I don't, and that's perfectly acceptable. It's these State of the Game formats that I feel are ineffective. Creating a list of grievances is useful in amalgamating concerns, for sure. To a point. The other side of that is it heightens frustrations by bringing an insurmountable list to the forefront. It's been my experience that this has fallen short in the past, simply because big lists cause big expectations, and the possibility of big disappointments.
    Now, I don't think people unreasonable for expressing their issues. They're free to do that, and it's important they do. It's the process of making a big list of issues, awaiting a big response, and expecting a big change, that is unreasonable. The higher people build their resentments, the harder it is to address them. Which is why I prefer to examine issues individually.
    I try to steer away from generalizations and petition-like approaches to concerns because they become much more than they are at times. Concerns are valid. Feelings deserve to be heard. Expectations need to be reasonable.
  • Options
    Sir_GlobalotSir_Globalot Posts: 168 ★★
    Totally agree; some days it just feels like MCOC is the same as any other mobile game out there.
  • Options
    Joker1976Joker1976 Posts: 440 ★★
    “You can’t make all the people happy all the time”
    We can’t steer away from the issue at hand, and that is the bugs and game control problems.
    Not being completely happy with game modes such as arenas / new variants / side quests etc is a personal opinion and we all have the option not to participate.
  • Options
    J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

thepiggy said:

DNA3000 said:

To conclude this open letter, Kabam needs to realize how quickly its player base is dwindling and struggling to find reasons to continue playing. Players that have been here since the beginning, with 5+ years of investment, are wondering why they should bother to continue on this road? It has been years and years of Kabam committing to be better then abjectly doing nothing to listen to the major concerns, doubling down on their misguided decrees about the game, and doing the most minimal patch work to “fix things” each month.

It is not easy to be measured, and reasonable, and objective. If it was easy, everyone would do it. But you have to decide what you want. If you want to vent, and hear the cheers of the crowd, then blast away. It is very satisfying, for a while. But if you actually want to change the game, and you want the developers to hear what you have to say, you can't throw the kitchen sink at them. For one thing, you're probably wrong about a lot of those things. More importantly, no one with the power to help you will listen.
    I agree with you, but it's hard to feel heard on the forums.
    No argument there. It took years before players took me seriously, much less developers.

Sometimes the devs don’t reply to a thread because they don’t have anything useful to say, and while we say that just acknowledging the post would be helpful, we all know that’s not true. The mods and the devs get slammed for doing just that; there’s evidence of that kind of attitude even in this thread. We say we want transparency but when the devs explained their reasoning for Guillotines update - an update I strongly disagreed with - a lot of people took that as evidence the devs were not communicating with us, because they didn’t “admit” they were wrong. We say we want more communication but when they honestly say they don’t have anything to report but are acknowledging the feedback people say they are just giving lip service. We want them to talk with us more but there’s just a lot of people who only want them to say what they want to hear.

As to your mastery thread. I can tell you masteries are something the devs are still looking at, but it is likely that mastery systems will require system programmer time, and the systems programmers are mostly tied up rebuilding the input systems. And the devs never comment on things like costs until they actually have something ready to go, because commenting on things like costs before designs take shape generally get them into trouble.
    I agree with you and at the same time disagree with some of the things. Most of the stuffs you’ve said on this thread makes sense. I don’t think everything Kabam has done is wrong and bad. Are they trying to help the situation? Yes, but are they trying hard enough? Maybe. Are they approaching it the right way? who knows! The issue here is more so trust, does the community trust Kabam enough to faith they’re in control. If not, why is that the case? One thing we’re all experiencing now is more negatives than positives. And yes we have to tell them what we don’t like and even what we liked about the things we don’t like. We periodically get surveys and we fill them out. They asked particular questions and answer them, isn’t that good data we’re providing for them to make something of it? Some of the examples you cited earlier, SOP was good but how many of us had to play them through bugs such that the enjoy intended was either not achieved or limited. 7.3 was good, still had bugs wasn’t as terrible as SOP for me personally (I spent after a long break cos I had fun).

About mastery system, if they really care about how much of a struggle and pain it is for the playerbase can a quick temporal fix be considered? Maybe it will be something that will ease the community and give us in a way a new toy to mess around with. Sometimes you gotta pick your battles right. An example I was thinking about, we have tokens to change our game name. Can we have something similar for mastery in the meantime. The reasonably priced tokens or even free (a limited amount every month or something we can claim after some hours let’s say 12hrs, 24hrs, something idk) that allows you to recover and change your mastery build at no unit cost. Then again what do I know about building a game.
    I think what most people want is an improved game experience, that Kabam knows it and this letter isn’t saying something new.
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
    Kabam its not too late since cyber monday is coming up.

The gaps listed in this thread can still be made up for based on the quality of the offers this time. The offers for throne-breaker last July 4 were completely out of touch. Please don’t make it reoccuring again.

There hasn’t been much to enjoy given the state of the game , so most players probably will not spend regardless, which just makes the expectancy to deliver to the audience that much more.
  • Options
    WeknowwhoWeknowwho Posts: 20
    Bravo. Agree on every aspect. Thx for writing this. I hope Kabam is able to hear this.