**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

State of the Game - an open letter

Comments

• Options
    PiviotPiviot Posts: 658 ★★★
    edited November 2021
    Nm
  • Options
    the_eradicatorthe_eradicator Posts: 348 ★★★
    Great post, also here are my thoughts -I have been here since 7 years playing the game since it released, there have been massive changes in the game economy and the content available and the I have seen the transformation of the complexity taking place. Complexity and attention to detail scaling in a good way I mean. But there are crystals in the game which have still not been changed/upgraded to scale with current economy, few mechanics like the mastery system still not revamped. Everything is still heavily RNG based, even for hard content that you "work" really hard for. For a while the RNG dependence is valid, but I think some aspects of the game where the RNG is not needed at a certain level of progression example the t4cc crystals and trade in crystals can be changed(this is just one example). Another resource being Gold - This is something farmable from playing arena and daily objectives, but still feel that the amount that a casual player gets is far less than the desired amount that should be available freely in the current state and progression tier. I am gonna thank Kabam for when they have listened to us and made massive changes but it just feels like sometimes they don't learn from their own mistakes. They keep coming back with un-necessary design changes and complicated questing styles (example this month's gated SQ), I just don't understand why. I want this game to last longer and I want more people to play. One thing I see is that if we decrease the amount of absurd tasks the player has to do every month to get some rewards which are not that great and instant disappointment if you get a bad pull as a free to play player, we actually give room to players to try out the new champions who are out now and mess around with them and actually like 'playing with the champs and enjoy the animations' than just grinding out some events which are not that fun.
    As for the fact that people are leaving the game or not - You should check the recruitment groups on Discord and Line. Some on whatsapp as well.
    There are more retirement/seme-retirement allys than ever. And the worse thing is they keep posting ads for recruitment in these allys, and I see players leaving the groups in large numbers every month. Some of them do end up coming back, but this is just a bad trend to avoid and shows something needs to change.
  • Options
    CoMinowCoMinow Posts: 297
    edited November 2021
    <blockquote
  • Options
    GruzzlrGruzzlr Posts: 10
    got 'em
  • Options
    edited November 2021

I somewhat agree on the OPs point of view.
    And I would like to add that...

Adevati said:

With the bugs, people refuse to admit it, but there is a psychological factor. People naturally make mistakes and look for
    xcuses. The input bug is a nice big target that allows people to cope guilt-free.

...This is a fact.

I definitely have sympathy for players who "Actually" are facing/faced these bugs. But I extremely despise the players who blame their impotence on the bugs which are not even there. And these individuals are countless.
    Disagree button here ⬇️

Lmao…

I guess we all just imagine this is failing 30% of the time!… go ahead and one shot a boss with this happening… it’s weird how I can see the word but not the stun… man I have a stong imagination, this definitely shouldn’t get fixed after six months

Stupid me and my excuse while beating every single piece of content released
  • Options

Very well said!!!
    Now.........
    Hopefully they listen and not blow off every single valid point you made.

Tick tock.....

They can’t really do anything that would make people happy. At some point they just have to decide to make what they can. The game is almost irreparably broken. If they stop making content to address the issues, people leave and complain there’s nothing to play. If they release content while the game Is broken they get people mad they’re releasing without proper testing, but people continue to play. They can’t fix it while adding new content because the new content generates new interactions with the bugs they currently have or creates new ones. Seems a lot like nothing can be done at this point. It’s been almost six months and the things that were said to be getting worked on are worse then they were when they started… I wish my game functioned as well as it did when I was livid about the state of the game during summer of pain.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Just realized I took those pics were taken during falter and people will probably point out that’s as intended

Conflictor Timer running… should get stunned… imagined?
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,741 ★★★★★
    The question now is how much is the situation repairable. I think we can't realistically expect the ISO/gold to be fixed immediately, but in next months it is possible to release a more balanced content. That change is doable, proof for that being the speed of bugfixing we have seen once a bug has been spotted.
  • Options
    Kerneas said:

The question now is how much is the situation repairable. I think we can't realistically expect the ISO/gold to be fixed immediately, but in next months it is possible to release a more balanced content. That change is doable, proof for that being the speed of bugfixing we have seen once a bug has been spotted.

A lot of the issues are very simple fixes, certainly the resource related ones: increase the ISO you get from 5* dupes to 48 T5 and the 6* to T6 ISO. That alone would increase access to gold and ISO enough to offset it enough that it’s no longer the pinch point, which I don’t think it was ever intended to be.
  • Options
    Chrisco66Chrisco66 Posts: 66
    Game definitely has not evolved well
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,741 ★★★★★
    Mauled said:

Kerneas said:

A lot of the issues are very simple fixes, certainly the resource related ones: increase the ISO you get from 5* dupes to 48 T5 and the 6* to T6 ISO. That alone would increase access to gold and ISO enough to offset it enough that it’s no longer the pinch point, which I don’t think it was ever intended to be.
    I think it isn't that simple. I agree that ISO comes in insanely low amounts, however there always has to be some limiting resource. It's in every game. And you need to strike a balance between multiple resources, so that they limit you about equally. If you give way more iso (and I pray this happens), suddenly the situation shifts and t5b becomes the gauge. Then give more t5b and it's t4cc, then it is again 6* shards and so on. Besides, this much iso would brutally change how our rosters looks. I for example have 15+ champs waiting for iso only in the "5/6* go-to champ" zone. That is followed by countless 2-5* I can rankup, just have no ISO and limited gold.

The point is, that ISO needs balancing and careful approach. Some change is needed but if they wanna remove the problem and not just transfer it somewhere else, it is gonna be difficult