**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance War Season-30 rewards.

Comments

• CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    edited December 2021
    They should have taken longer and not create an imbalance.
    They were pressured by all the people crying over the gifting event and the result was worse
    Here is a funny thing i dont understand.
    They have put requirements on new accounts because it would be unsportmanship conduct ..
    How is forming a new alliance with the sole purpose of just gifting a sportmanship conduct?
    The harm done on this AW issue can't be repaired fairly, as some players have pointed out.. people get rewards they didnt deserve and get to keep em. Others get fixed and get "topped off". How do u top off a 5* or 6* Nexus crystal?!
  • LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,150 ★★★★
    In addition to the missed rewards getting pushed out sometime (up til latest next week), when can we expect the War Ratings to be adjusted? This has not been done yet - adjusting back in the rating increase/decrease from War #10.
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    edited December 2021
    Can’t wait for all the “double reward” threads.

Also incorrect war ratings still haven’t been addressed, so not only will some alliances get more than they earned they’ll also get a head start next season.

What a monumental BusterTruck
  • BeeweeBeewee Posts: 530 ★★★★

Okay everybody, have just confirmed with the team our course of action:

As mentioned before, we’re not taking away any rewards from those that got the incorrect rewards. We are also going to be doing some more data collecting and giving any Alliance/Summoner that missed out on rewards due to our error what they missed. This won’t result in doubling up on rewards, but topping up what you would have gotten if this mistake hadn’t occurred.

Basically, when the leaderboards are redone, if you placed higher than you should have, this will have no effect on you. If you placed lower than you should have and go up a Bracket, you’ll receive only the extra rewards you missed out on.

We understand that this is not the perfect solution, but it is the best that we can do right now without inadvertently punishing any Alliances for no fault of their own.

Our goal is to have this done by the end of next week, Friday, December 17th, at the absolute latest.
    As a reminder, you are able to change Alliances at this time, and will still get rewards if you were affected.

What about alliances that dropped tiers as a result of the tenth war that shouldn't have counted. Will that be corrected as well?
  • FlyGalaxyBombFlyGalaxyBomb Posts: 777 ★★★

As mentioned before, we’re not taking away any rewards from those that got the incorrect rewards. We are also going to be doing some more data collecting and giving any Alliance/Summoner that missed out on rewards due to our error what they missed. This won’t result in doubling up on rewards, but topping up what you would have gotten if this mistake hadn’t occurred.

Basically, when the leaderboards are redone, if you placed higher than you should have, this will have no effect on you. If you placed lower than you should have and go up a Bracket, you’ll receive only the extra rewards you missed out on.

We understand that this is not the perfect solution, but it is the best that we can do right now without inadvertently punishing any Alliances for no fault of their own.

Our goal is to have this done by the end of next week, Friday, December 17th, at the absolute latest.
    As a reminder, you are able to change Alliances at this time, and will still get rewards if you were affected.

Congrats to those alliances who snuck into a bracket they didn't deserve to get rewards they didn't earn
    Exactly, smh 🤦‍♂️

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,191 ★★★★★
    It happened. It wasn't planned, but it happened. They're working to rectify it for the people who missed out. It's not the end of the world that some people got more. It's been one issue after another. There is no viable perfect solution.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    Kurtxz said:

Kurtxz said:

🙃

The team is looking into this. We’re not going to take any rewards away from anybody, and will be working to ensure that anybody that missed out on any rewards because of this mistake will get the rewards they should have.

I’ve been sitting on this to get more info, but I think it’s important to get out now. I’m trying to confirm how this affects summoners changing alliances but I don’t have that info yet.

We’ll share more information as soon as we get it.

EDIT: We have confirmed that Summoners are free to change alliances now and any compensation we have to make will still reach them.

So let me get this straight. ASR, 2nd on the podium now, who will go down in master (top 10) will get another batch of rewards. So they will have podium rewards and top10 master rewards. How is that fair?
    "Missed out". If ASR didn't get what they were supposed, then they'll get something. If they moved up and got higher, they'll get to keep it. It's an easier solution than trying to recalculate everything and take away something. ASR is t the only one, there are tons of alliances in lower brackets that will likely be the same way.
    Still isn't fair. They get to keep rewards they didn't deserve and they get closer to their second r4.
    No one said it's fair but it's best solution for quick results. They'd have to search accounts of every alliance that benefited and remove everything already opened and spent and revert any changes from resources used.

Best to just move on.

DNA3000 said:

sorry but I don't think this is correct, for example ASR received the Top2 awards, which they shouldn't receive, and they will keep the same awards, which they should receive less, so they will gain an advantage over others. I speak of ASR as an example, because this also happens in order brackets
    It isn't "right" but there is no right here. There is only which wrong you personally like more. We can't take the rewards away, if we just arbitrarily bump everyone's rewards to be equal to whichever alliance in their intrinsic bracket managed to climb the highest we'd be giving out a lot more rewards than intended to alliances that do war over the ones that don't, and if we decide to just hand fix this for some alliances we deem "most competitive" then we're saying some alliances matter more than others when it comes to rewards.

No matter what you do, some alliances will get more rewards than intended compared to other alliances. Everyone has their own idea about which problems matter more, but those are all completely arbitrary preferences.
    I'm not affected but why can't they remove the rewards ? It's mostly catalysts and shards that differ and that too only r4 mats that really matter . Surely kabam can reduce the amount of t6b and t2a awarded to allainces that are higher that they should be?(should be as in the rankings after before the bugged war?
    Because crystals were opened and I'm sure resources were used. Way harder to take away than to give.
    Jaded said:

It happened. It wasn't planned, but it happened. They're working to rectify it for the people who missed out. It's not the end of the world that some people got more. It's been one issue after another. There is no viable perfect solution.

That’s all fine and dandy, except the solution is more harmful in the end. As it was mentioned alliances getting extremely rare resources they didn’t earn is unacceptable and makes alliance war even more of a joke. Imo, fix those 1-30 alliances because that’s important and I mean remove the unintended rewards and give to those that deserved them. I understand that would be a long process but it’s in the best interest of this game mode. The rest send out a 6* nexus or lower down a 5* nexus and say sorry for the bs. Even that won’t fix everything as I have read some dropped multiple tiers but it’s better then the proposed plan.
    I'm going to have to disagree on making that much extra work to fix a fix that was supposed to fix an issue. It's compounding it beyond what's reasonable.
    That's easy to say when you're talking about adding extra work to someone else's plate, but the execution isn't so simple. People keep using the "competitiveness of that Tier" as a justification, but if it's so competitive that people can't overlook some gaining Rewards through a glitch, then that's just fanatical. You think the game is going to shift that much when the same bloody people Rank Season after Season? It's not a repeated issue like Prestige Wars caused. It's one Season. I think we will all move past this without a hitch.
  • LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★

That's easy to say when you're talking about adding extra work to someone else's plate, but the execution isn't so simple. People keep using the "competitiveness of that Tier" as a justification, but if it's so competitive that people can't overlook some gaining Rewards through a glitch, then that's just fanatical. You think the game is going to shift that much when the same bloody people Rank Season after Season? It's not a repeated issue like Prestige Wars caused. It's one Season. I think we will all move past this without a hitch.

I wouldn’t say without a hitch, but there are some good points there
    Lpoo said:

I wouldn’t say without a hitch, but there are some good points there
    Well yes, perhaps an exaggeration. Things will continue as usual would be a better way to phrase it.
  • cookiedealercookiedealer Posts: 260 ★★

For competitive alliances (tier 1,2,3 AW and top10/20/30/45/90 AQ) There are players on the cusp of getting r4's. The difference in opponents getting r4s faster than oneself puts their alliance behind in t3a and t5b.

The complaint that certain alliance's rival got 3k-10k+ more t3a and t5b this war season is not trivial.

It makes sense, seeing how Kabam charged $300 usd for half a t3a and t5b this cyber weekend (and that was considered the best value yet, before the equivalent was $1k+ usd).

Of course, to players not playing as competitively, or as invested time and money-wise, these complaints may seem ludicrous, but realize these upper-end competitive players do want an even playing field, and it did put them at a disadvantage.

How big of a disadvantage?

(If Kabam is still sluggish in providing t3a t5b to players at the cusp of getting a r4 6 star, they could be behind prestige-wise for 6+months to 1+years, since they don't even qualify for top 45 AQ rewards that actually do provide a tiny amount (~1000 shards, out of 45000) of t3a and t5b (out of 57000).

Kurtxz said:

Kurtxz said:

🙃

The team is looking into this. We’re not going to take any rewards away from anybody, and will be working to ensure that anybody that missed out on any rewards because of this mistake will get the rewards they should have.

I’ve been sitting on this to get more info, but I think it’s important to get out now. I’m trying to confirm how this affects summoners changing alliances but I don’t have that info yet.

EDIT: We have confirmed that Summoners are free to change alliances now and any compensation we have to make will still reach them.

So let me get this straight. ASR, 2nd on the podium now, who will go down in master (top 10) will get another batch of rewards. So they will have podium rewards and top10 master rewards. How is that fair?
    "Missed out". If ASR didn't get what they were supposed, then they'll get something. If they moved up and got higher, they'll get to keep it. It's an easier solution than trying to recalculate everything and take away something. ASR is t the only one, there are tons of alliances in lower brackets that will likely be the same way.
    Still isn't fair. They get to keep rewards they didn't deserve and they get closer to their second r4.
    No one said it's fair but it's best solution for quick results. They'd have to search accounts of every alliance that benefited and remove everything already opened and spent and revert any changes from resources used.

Best to just move on.
    I'm guessing you don't play AW?

Kurtxz said:

Kurtxz said:

🙃

Best to just move on.
    Yes, I play AW. I've been as high as plat 1. I'm in an alliance that isn't doing high tier AQ and AW because I needed a break from it.

We were dropped down to gold 2 because we gave up on war 10 and boss rushed and lost the war. There are dozens of alliances that jumped up to gold 1.

Unless you want this whole process to take months and months, just let it go. I just want what we were supposed to get and that's it.

Kurtxz said:

Kurtxz said:

🙃

Best to just move on.
    Yes, I play AW. I've been as high as plat 1. I'm in an alliance that isn't doing high tier AQ and AW because I needed a break from it.

We were dropped down to gold 2 because we gave up on war 10 and boss rushed and lost the war. There are dozens of alliances that jumped up to gold 1.

Unless you want this whole process to take months and months, just let it go. I just want what we were supposed to get and that's it.
    Exactly, we want what were supposed to get, hence why many people are angry. You don't really have a "great" incentive to push for the rewards that you were supposed to get because you dropped from gold 1 to 2. Please don't take it in the sense that I'm slandering Gold ranked alliances, but higher ranked allies have a much stronger urge to get the rewards that they worked for.
    Though it's unfair that some allies got better rewards than others due to the war #10 issue, Kabam should find a way to compensate the other alliances. Most of us took War #10 super chill after Kabam announced that it would not affect season score. Huh, guess they stuck to their word on that announcement.

For competitive alliances (tier 1,2,3 AW and top10/20/30/45/90 AQ) There are players on the cusp of getting r4's. The difference in opponents getting r4s faster than oneself puts their alliance behind in t3a and t5b.

The complaint that certain alliance's rival got 3k-10k+ more t3a and t5b this war season is not trivial.

It makes sense, seeing how Kabam charged $300 usd for half a t3a and t5b this cyber weekend (and that was considered the best value yet, before the equivalent was $1k+ usd).

Of course, to players not playing as competitively, or as invested time and money-wise, these complaints may seem ludicrous, but realize these upper-end competitive players do want an even playing field, and it did put them at a disadvantage.

How big of a disadvantage?

(If Kabam is still sluggish in providing t3a t5b to players at the cusp of getting a r4 6 star, they could be behind prestige-wise for 6+months to 1+years, since they don't even qualify for top 45 AQ rewards that actually do provide a tiny amount (~1000 shards, out of 45000) of t3a and t5b (out of 57000).
    You don't find that perspective unreasonably covetous?

Kurtxz said:

Kurtxz said:

🙃

Best to just move on.

Exactly, we want what were supposed to get, hence why many people are angry. You don't really have a "great" incentive to push for the rewards that you were supposed to get because you dropped from gold 1 to 2. Please don't take it in the sense that I'm slandering Gold ranked alliances, but higher ranked allies have a much stronger urge to get the rewards that they worked for.
    Though it's unfair that some allies got better rewards than others due to the war #10 issue, Kabam should find a way to compensate the other alliances. Most of us took War #10 super chill after Kabam announced that it would not affect season score. Huh, guess they stuck to their word on that announcement.
    You will get what you were supposed to get. That's what Miike said. It's truly not worth the effort for Kabam to focus on taking away a little extra. If they send out a little extra to those that they are making up the difference, so be it.

It's not that they didn't stick to their word, it wasn't done on purpose and it's the first time it's happened. Last time they had to do this, they didn't have this problem.

Kurtxz said:

Kurtxz said:

🙃

Best to just move on.

You will get what you were supposed to get. That's what Miike said. It's truly not worth the effort for Kabam to focus on taking away a little extra. If they send out a little extra to those that they are making up the difference, so be it.

It's not that they didn't stick to their word, it wasn't done on purpose and it's the first time it's happened. Last time they had to do this, they didn't have this problem.
    Taking away "a little"?
    Example: Ig AW Rank 2 rewards are a little (catalyst wise) . Yeah okay smh
    5k Frags? They're not going to get an R4 from that. Not unless they're close enough to form one as it is.
  • mariofmariof Posts: 2
    I am an officer and warden of my group and the time that is invested to fight against alliances far superior in power and prestige is great. And even fighting against everything, they list us badly at the end of the season, taking away resources that are few but important at our level. The shards are the least but the materials are not, it is a great way to get them more than we are a group that is passionate about war.

We simply do not accept the fact of trying so hard so that in the end an error that having days of the closing when sending rewards they will not notice it, they would have better warned and not deliver anything.

Kurtxz said:

Kurtxz said:

🙃

Best to just move on.

Taking away "a little"?
    Example: Ig AW Rank 2 rewards are a little (catalyst wise) . Yeah okay smh

Yeah, a little.
  • In addition to the missed rewards getting pushed out sometime (up til latest next week), when can we expect the War Ratings to be adjusted? This has not been done yet - adjusting back in the rating increase/decrease from War #10.

Kabam just ignored this…
  • MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    edited December 2021
    I thought the adjusted rewards were getting sent out by yesterday at the latest? Oh nevermind. Another whole week. Kabam gotta hire someone to check their algebra. This is a mess even by their standards.