**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

An Update to Balancing in MCOC!

Comments

• Options
    CosmicGuardianCosmicGuardian Posts: 408 ★★★
    While there’s certainly a lot to unpack here, one thing I’m most certainly not a fan of is the rating system, and that’s for a couple of reasons. Firstly, it just seems like a waste of time and resources to do this when it’s something that just isn’t necessary whatsoever. Secondly, while it could certainly be used as a way to help make champs perform better, it could also be used as a metric to tune champs down, which isn’t always a good thing.

Finally, making an in-game rating system could just end up being very misleading to players, especially newer ones who don’t have a lot of knowledge about champs and how they work. They could use this system to plan rank ups, but depending how this system is utilized, it may give an impression that champs often considered lower tier may be just as good as some of the best champs we have.
  • Options
    Biollante442Biollante442 Posts: 74

DNA3000 said:

MCOC Team said:

We will be rating Champions on a few different aspects of their abilities and general strengths and weaknesses.

While we are still hammering down the details, we are currently looking to implement ratings for Damage Output, Survivability, Utility, and Ease of Use.

For example, Hercules is a great Champion with high damage output, but not as much utility, so he would have a 5/5 in Damage, but closer to a 2 or 2.5 for Utility.

@Karatemike415 I'll let you have this one.
    No worries, clearly a typo - probably meant "20 or 25 for Utility"
    Press X to doubt lol
  • Options
    CosmicGuardianCosmicGuardian Posts: 408 ★★★
    Taking a look at the new balancing program, I don’t really know how to feel about this. This is something that was already tried a few years ago, and from what I remember the results and feedback were far from positive. Seeing it come back puts some fear in me seeing as how any new champ that comes out can have something that makes them quite good and useful tuned down 6 months later for the sake of “balance”. There is a positive aspect, as we often see new champs come out that could do with some additional tweaks to make them relevant. However, it’s hard to deny the negative potential that the return of this program brings, especially at the cost of potentially slowing down the current program, which has been a pretty good success for the most part.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Kevo9513 said:

Kevo9513 said:

We should not be testing your champs in the live server. Don’t you have a team dedicated to doing this? I dont want to get a champion, invest my time and resources into it and it gets nerfed.

Testing the champ for Playstyle and general usefullness and strategies and stuff. Not for bugs
    So they don’t have a team that does testing before they release the champ? Maybe because I work in Development in a Chemical lab I see things differently. Before a product is sent out to a customer there is a series of extensive testing that produces data and we can see what needs to be fixed. Kabam wants to sell the product before testing is done.
    Nobody can test a champ for every possible Playstyle in every content in game. That's just near impossible for only the dev team to do.

This example is a tad bit different from testing chemicals. I'm sure there is a very specific purpose you make chemicals for and they are to be used that way only(correct me ) but champions are only given a set of kit with a broad application. It's upto the players to use them in ways even the dev team couldn't find out considering the huge scale and variety in the game
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Kevo9513 said:

Kevo9513 said:

We should not be testing your champs in the live server. Don’t you have a team dedicated to doing this? I dont want to get a champion, invest my time and resources into it and it gets nerfed.

Testing the champ for Playstyle and general usefullness and strategies and stuff. Not for bugs
    So they don’t have a team that does testing before they release the champ? Maybe because I work in Development in a Chemical lab I see things differently. Before a product is sent out to a customer there is a series of extensive testing that produces data and we can see what needs to be fixed. Kabam wants to sell the product before testing is done.
    Again , you can only fix bugs. There is no bug to be fixed(well there are, but that's not the point)
  • Options
    2StarKing2StarKing Posts: 855 ★★★
    Sooo... Kabam needed a new CEO for this... rebalancing! Seems like history forgotten... umm... version 12. However ya do it, treat the player right and generously fair. I've worked and spent to be happy with my roster. I don't want my efforts to feel worthless. Review the pain of v12 and don't make another v12
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,026 ★★★★★
    Kevo9513 said:

Kevo9513 said:

How many of your products have an awakened ability? Different abilities on SP1, 2 and 3? How many of them place defbuffs? How many of them are played on 100's of different devices and dozens of versions of OS's?
  • Options
    benshbbenshb Posts: 798 ★★★★
    Mauled said:

Treinin said:

There are so many things on your road map you have failed to do, that people have been waiting for. Maybe instead of taking away the features we actually like (champion buffs), and adding in something nobody asked for (ratings), while also returning to a system the community is vehemently opposed to (nerfing champs after you sell them), you could actually work on adding the features you promised in the road maps of days passed.

Let's see the "totally revamped" AW (we don't even have working AW of the old system)

Let's see the "Wish crystal" (which seems like just something you flat out lied about pursuing to placate people)

Let's see this recognition that sig stones being hard to come by was a problem expanded to 6 stars 2 years out and get some more in the game so we can sig up champs we like and not just our top prestige options.

Let's see you actually release something that works for a change.

Let's continue to see the buffs you over-promised and fell woefully short on.

Once you get those basics down, you can start adding "fluff" like this that nobody gives a hoot about.

‘Oh Herc has XYZ, so we won’t give him A as well, that’d be too much’, or ‘Ebony Maw has ABC, but could also do with D to bring him up to the right standard’.
    Quake has literally 2 things next to its name and she is still one of the most broken OP characters after 5 and half years. That's why Kabam won't release her as a 6*.
    It will be extremely difficulty to bring up a ranking system, since - as kabam keeps on agreeing with it - with 200+ champs MCOC has become a super complicated game in terms of character usage.
  • Options
    GuizaoGuizao Posts: 4
    So you guys are going to her back to nerf champs, this will drive more and more players away (that already have), myself one of them, this is too BAD, the game is going downstairs 😞
  • Options
    blackcrowe12345blackcrowe12345 Posts: 9
    edited January 2022
    @Kabam Miike - There's a lot or nervousness around the potential for champion nerfing after a champ has already been released and made available in paid-for crystals / featured crystals etc.

Kabam has a ready made testing ground where experienced players can go in and beta test them for you BEFORE anyone has spent money / units.

Why isn't the content creator beta being considered as a testing ground to weed out balance issues. If Kabam did that then they've effectively expanded the balance testing team by a factor of 5 minimum. I'm sure they would be willing.

If it's done it two rounds, one under embargo and then without embargo as the release date gets close, the content they create will build the hype around the champs and show them off in a state that is unlikely to need the drastic nerfs players are afraid of.
  • Options
    ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    Second solution:

For characters from 2014/2015/2016 who have not, repeat NOT, received a buff: Take two synergies from other characters that were used to increase DPS and defensive ability — one from each category — and add to the base kit of the character.

For example: OG Iron Man has a synergy with Stark Spider-Man that increases his Special Damage. Take that synergy off Stark Spider-Man and add it to OG Iron Man’s base kit.

Done. No more buffs scheduled for OG Iron Man, ever. But at least SOMETHING was done for the base kit
This discussion has been closed.