**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance Wars Season 33 Changelog, Rewards Update, Loyalty Store and Glory Store Updates!

Comments

• Jay_duped1Jay_duped1 Posts: 5
    You guys need to change this change to the glory store selection back to how it was when it comes to the potions. This is a horrible decisions. Who was the incompetent person who came with this idea. Even the slightest though I had to spend my hard earned money in this game just went out the window. You guys need to get it together or myself and many others will quit this game and if we don’t Wait we will at the very least boycott any deals you guys bring to the table no matter the event.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★

Think its time to nerf the competitive aspect of AW. Is unnecessary with the introduction of BattleGrounds as well.

Make it a casual game mode.

War is literally a competition.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    edited March 2022
    thepiggy said:

Put the AW potions back in the glory store, make them generic alliance potions, change the size to 14k and charge 260 glory. It's not 2017 anymore, we can't run your r3/4 6*s without iteming out.

Does anyone at Kabam in charge of this actually play alliance war? I'm serious, because whoever signed off on this doesn't.

If I did high tier war I’d be furious. With that said, this should be a chance for alliances to recenter their expectations and requirements. It’s ridiculous that this game mode normalizes full boosts and healing every fight. Instead of complaining to change it back, it’d be great if war spending decreased and most rankings (never all, I understand) were determined more by skill and less by resource consumption.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★

Think its time to nerf the competitive aspect of AW. Is unnecessary with the introduction of BattleGrounds as well.

If it wasn't I wouldn't say to make it a casual game mode.

If people are so reliant on potions then clearly something is wrong with it. It just goes all back to the "whoever is able to spend most money on it wins" meta. Would be much easier to fix the problem by its base
  • Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,546 ★★★★★
    edited March 2022
    Silver rewards still don’t feel worth the effort, can we get allowed to ban champions down here aswell? Would help add spice back in AW for the lower brackets.

Glory store update is great tho
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★

TyEdge said:

thepiggy said:

Put the AW potions back in the glory store, make them generic alliance potions, change the size to 14k and charge 260 glory. It's not 2017 anymore, we can't run your r3/4 6*s without iteming out.

Does anyone at Kabam in charge of this actually play alliance war? I'm serious, because whoever signed off on this doesn't.

If I did high tier war I’d be furious. With that said, this should be a chance for alliances to recenter their expectations and requirements. It’s ridiculous that this game mode normalizes full boosts and healing every fight. Instead of complaining to change it back, it’d be great if war spending decreased and most rankings (never all, I understand) were determined more by skill and less by resource consumption.
    This would be a relevant point if they were removing the ability to get those same items for units. They have not. They will not and we all know this. All this does is take a game mode people complained was p2w (it hasn't been btw, none of the top 3 AW alliances this season are in the top 10 or I think even 20 AQ now. With at least 2 outside the 30), and make it so that the only people that can sustain the mode are the heavy spenders.
    Bet you wish you didn’t come out of retirement now
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    GT40 on a roster/spend comparison to most other T1 alliances is WAAAAYYYYY behind. They've placed 1st 3 seasons in a row. Sounds super p2w
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★

If people are so reliant on potions then clearly something is wrong with it. It just goes all back to the "whoever is able to spend most money on it wins" meta. Would be much easier to fix the problem by its base
    Yeah, none of the top 3 alliances this season "spend the most". This is the dumbest oldest trope that's continually spouted by people that don't even have the slightest but of experience with AW competitively
    Top alliances spend. That should be a fact by now.

Mind as well remove the whole potion system from AW so that everyone gets no right to use items
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian

TyEdge said:

thepiggy said:

This would be a relevant point if they were removing the ability to get those same items for units. They have not. They will not and we all know this. All this does is take a game mode people complained was p2w (it hasn't been btw, none of the top 3 AW alliances this season are in the top 10 or I think even 20 AQ now. With at least 2 outside the 30), and make it so that the only people that can sustain the mode are the heavy spenders.
    What this’ll do is make people like me be able to push AW every other season - stock up comp packages until expiry and slowly work through them across a season - or put all my arena grinding into AW.

A superbly poor piece of judgment
    @Agent_X_zzz welcome to the whale club apparently
    FiiNCH said:

TyEdge said:

thepiggy said:

Bet you wish you didn’t come out of retirement now
    Not at all
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

Yeah, none of the top 3 alliances this season "spend the most". This is the dumbest oldest trope that's continually spouted by people that don't even have the slightest but of experience with AW competitively
    Top alliances spend. That should be a fact by now.

Mind as well remove the whole potion system from AW so that everyone gets no right to use items
    No potions would mean people with the most healthpool and attack ie. R4s will get a massive advantage. Isnt that agaisnt your whole principle or something?
  • Lawrenceo96Lawrenceo96 Posts: 58
    @Kabam Miike come on man really it’s give and take, good release of 7.4, even buffed rewards for aq and aw then the guillotine to the leg with the potions, not all your player base are heavy spenders, cater to all sides not just your elite class of spenders.
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★

Exactly, I’m not in them but I’ve spoken to plenty who are. The amount of skill and organisation that goes into planning out and taking each fight with almost 0 deaths cannot be bought. You need to be skilled and it needs to be planned.

Not everything is P2W just because there’s a leaderboard.
    If anything, this change will mean even more planning for officers, and place a bigger reliance on having 10 active people to support with mini’s/boss.
  • ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    I'm shocked so many of you are surprised. Kabam been doing subtle changes like this to encourage spending in AW in competitive alliances for many years (which is why I retired from competitive AW years ago).
This discussion has been closed.