Options

Introducing the next Campaign Progression Level: Paragon!

Comments

• Options
    LorddrewLorddrew Posts: 297 ★★
    oh snap, the wallet people are justifying why they spend for some early acces w/e :pensive:
    Annyhow, for only 700 buck you can get that third r4! goodjob i geuss, congrats to all.
    Ofcourse the annoucement was not made to spike up sales, oh no game is fun, QOL and stuff, this game got its own bitcoin currency, called unit and you guys (the ones justifying all this extreme requirements) are the ones keeping it's value, goodjob. nothing to do with love for marvel in general. economics 101
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,262 ★★★★★
    Lorddrew said:

oh snap, the wallet people are justifying why they spend for some early acces w/e :pensive:
    Annyhow, for only 700 buck you can get that third r4! goodjob i geuss, congrats to all.
    Ofcourse the annoucement was not made to spike up sales, oh no game is fun, QOL and stuff, this game got its own bitcoin currency, called unit and you guys (the ones justifying all this extreme requirements) are the ones keeping it's value, goodjob. nothing to do with love for marvel in general. economics 101

I’m at 2 r4 soon though those deals will getting me close to the 3 now worth it.
  • Options
    don't get me wrong, i am to much invested in this game, so i got a calculator and see how much i need after i finish abyss and carina v2 (i avoided this content for so long, no fun.. no skill yes endless revives and random input drops)
  • Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

Mackey said:

Bottom line is no matter how they set the bar, someone is going to be offended. This isn't something that a great number of people are meant to have the day it comes out. It was the same for Thronebreaker.

Clearly you are missing the point here... it shouldn't be available to everyone, I agree there BUT when they introduced thronebreaker title they had TWO pieces of content that gave the rewards to make 1x r3 6*, meaning people was able to obtain TB on day 1 with some hard work.

That is not the same case as this new title.
    If it was set at 2 rank 4s people who had 100%ed act 7 but only have 1 rank 4 would complain about not having done gauntlet, SoP etc. People on the wrong side of it will always complain, it’s just human nature
    So how come KT1 and myself are complaining and we'll qualify for Paragon? Maybe people just actually have a difference of opinion and it has nothing to do with our personal accounts.
    Lol you are lumping yourself with someone with different reasons completely. You just dont wanna lose your aq spot, your interest is nothing more than that.
    Give him another 30min and I'm sure he'll remind everyone where his alliance places in AQ.
    Also didn't you quit? Or let me guess you were saving yourself for Battlegrounds gtfoh lol.
    I mean that's literally what I said when I stepped back last year 🤷🏻‍♂️.
    It would do us a favor it that was permanent but hey keep on the cape for Kabam. Your displeasure for the game have been exposed through action so you should be the last one crying about people complaining.
    Lmao what kind of nonsense logic is this
    He quit the game because he was mad about the lack of content above other reasons. Now he's coming on the forums and making fun of players who think they should have less standards for Paragon. I think that doesn't make sense when you quit the game just a few months back for not living up to his standards lol. How is that a leap in logic?
    You might want to try getting some facts straight here 😂.

I stepped down from competitive alliance play bc Map 8 design and AI was trash imo. Also just not generally fond of the current content design direction.

When I did this I also said I had no plans on quitting completely and was waiting to see how Battlegrounds were. Turns out they're really good like I had hoped/expected, so I came back. So basically everything you said was wrong bc I'm also not making fun on everyone. I do see some humor in some of the logic here though.
    I'm not going to argue with you about it. That's how I see it but tell your truth. Either way it doesn't change my account.
    Amazing how you find a way to bring up your account after getting owned. Very fitting.
    Did you know he play top 20 aq?
    It is rather amusing to see someone benefitting from the most paywalled game mode in-game complaining about paywalls honestly. I've done the rank 1-3 AQ thing 2 years ago and I find it boring. If he wants to boast about it go ahead and let him. The hypocrisy is rather amusing though admittedly.
    So it's weird that I care about the game economy? Just because I spend doesn't mean I don't want the best for the game. I was free to play for first 3 or 4 years. Also, I don't spend that much, if I did I would 5 r4's instead of 3.
  • Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★

With the TB title there were lots of people that wouldn't do an Abyss run or rank a champ that wasn't ideal. I didn't have any sympathy for that. There was a clear path to get TB if people wanted to get it. With this title, if you whaled out on the gifting event you're good to go. If you whaled out on offers, you're good to go. But you could have all content 100% and be unable to get the title. I'm not a fan. I don't think it's a hill to die on. I'm sure those of us who can't get three r4s will have the title before too long. I think it should be act 7 100% and 2 r4s though. Or there should be a way to get another R4. I don't mind working toward something but currently it's just a waiting game.

Preach brother. I 100% agree with thus.
  • Options
    NoobdaNoobda Posts: 787 ★★★
    edited April 2022
    This post has the most number of long essays I have ever seen in a single post lmao.
  • Options
    GercasGercas Posts: 100 ★★
    So are we still stuck with cavalier crystal and cavalier monthly event quest when you are introducing a new progression title
  • Options
    CassyCassy Posts: 1,073 ★★★
    edited April 2022
    I dont get the uproar Here.

The Paragon benefits are pretty minor ATM. The biggest Impact might have the"tailored" Deals, that a FTP dont buy. :o

I remember Players complaing as TB was new that the title didnt offer enough (for the First half year or so?)
    Will this Return with Paragon? I belive Yes. :(

• Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,262 ★★★★★
    Cassy said:

I dont get the uproar Here.

The Paragon benefits are pretty minor ATM. The biggest Impact might have the"tailored" Deals, that a FTP dont buy. :o

I remember Players complaing as TB was new that the title didnt offer enough (for the First half year or so?)
    Will this Return with Paragon? I belive Yes. :(

The offer for tb where’s insane at lest the paid deal then later one it started to go down I’m 1 of a r4 so that’s meant for me no rushed

• Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,291 ★★★★★
    The problem is content gated on a title just after announcing it's launch.
    I don't want EOP rewards gated behind a title that you own by paying for it. This is the only thing that I care about in current situation.
    I will not care "IF" EoP will be permanent. 'IF' it is temporary, then this is BS.

What was the longest time before a big content was gated behind a progression title after it was introduced?

I really don't care if I don't get Paragon July 4th unit offers.
    My unit spend:
    5k last July
    18k CW
    8.5k Gifting
    10k 7.4. completion.
    These are 99% grinded units.
    + Explored SOP and Gauntlet both.

Been playing map8 since its been live, been in p3 for many seasons.
    I aslo dont want kabam to bring the requirement down from 3 r4s to 2.
    But where are the available r4 mats? Nowhere.

Note(Not important): I have no intention to spend money, all I did spent was 5$ once. (People won't let me call f2p as I spend money once, now I have to mention this everytime)
  • Options
    Jazz_MessengerJazz_Messenger Posts: 154

I applaud this decision. My only complaint was the timing of the new title announcement. I had enough units, but decided not to buy as I did not see much benefits of rank 4 in the current content. At least they are making it right by giving another chance to buy to those who completed Act 7 already. I think two rank 4 seems more reasonable, but I can live with three.
  • Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

I don't want EOP rewards gated behind a title that you own by paying for it. This is the only thing that I care about in current situation.
    I will not care "IF" EoP will be permanent. 'IF' it is temporary, then this is BS.

What was the longest time before a big content was gated behind a progression title after it was introduced?

My unit spend:
    5k last July
    18k CW
    8.5k Gifting
    10k 7.4. completion.

Note(Not important): I have no intention to spend money, all I did spent was 5$ once. (People won't let me call f2p as I spend money once, now I have to mention this everytime)

If you only spent 5 bucks you're ftp. No need for a disclaimer.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,160 ★★★★★

My unit spend:
    5k last July
    18k CW
    8.5k Gifting
    10k 7.4. completion.

There EoP rewards aren't gated. There's 2 objectives for Paragon and that's it.
  • Options
    BlackPhoenix44BlackPhoenix44 Posts: 20

@Demonzfyre can you tell where they said it was only 2 objectives for Paragon? Was it in this thread? Didn't read every pages 😅
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,279 ★★★★★

@Demonzfyre can you tell where they said it was only 2 objectives for Paragon? Was it in this thread? Didn't read every pages 😅
    2 objectives to get there. 7.4 completed, and 3 R4 6*s.
  • Options
    BlackPhoenix44BlackPhoenix44 Posts: 20

OK so EoP rewards are gated from Paragon title then. I'm in a similar situation as sirgamesbond and I think the objectives for Paragon in EoP will get me way too far in the prestige run as we're battling for top45 aq.
  • Options

OK so EoP rewards are gated from Paragon title then. I'm in a similar situation as sirgamesbond and I think the objectives for Paragon in EoP will get me way too far in the prestige run as we're battling for top45 aq.
    Not sure about that. I suspect they won't be. Not all of them anyway. Otherwise the Event will have very few people playing. Lol.
  • Options

You mean on the first page of the announcement? Right where it says there will be special objectives? It may be more than 2 but the actual content rewards aren't locked behind Paragon. You can still do it with being Paragon.
  • Options

The lower they make the bar, the less of a bar it really is. It's not insurmountable

where i personally find it troublesome is when you add a $$$ wall instead of content. hence even content has been designed with unit dumps (see act 6) or variant v1. that has nothing to do with skill/roster/mastery.

It should be added ingame, with the game methods, instead of lazy designing for "difficulty" or ultra rare resources, mostly obtainable with cash offers.

• Options
    Ofcourse, but now define the how? I find this way of thinking short sighted.
    now pair that with months of input issues..

did you mean getting lucky with "free" gifting crystals? do you add that with your without paying method to gain the title? Did you actually count what resources could have been gained even counting the time gated events?

• Options
    Lorddrew said:

Ofcourse, but now define the how? I find this way of thinking short sighted.
    now pair that with months of input issues..

did you mean getting lucky with "free" gifting crystals? do you add that with your without paying method to gain the title? Did you actually count what resources could have been gained even counting the time gated events?

They've already explained how. Gifting wasn't included in the ways they listed.
  • Options

They've already explained how. Gifting wasn't included in the ways they listed.

Kabam Miike, replied on Kabam Miike Posts from Eb0ny-O-M4w (page 2 this thread) with exact same example... the math's don't work out bud.

• Options
    edited April 2022
    Did he factor in high-end AQ and AW? Ebony said they completed all content. Did that include those game modes? The Offer?
  • Options
    They also said they got the Gem they wanted for the second option. There's a difference between it being possible, and waiting for a preferred option. Just saying.