Options

Introducing the next Campaign Progression Level: Paragon!

Comments

• Options
    TerminatrixTerminatrix Posts: 1,345 ★★★★

I think this seems fair and balanced.
    My only concern is that we will see a devaluing of Thronebreaker deals/rewards, similar to what Cavalier players have experienced since the Thronebreaker title was introduced.

I believe this will be a hard YES. I need for them to answer you lol
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,262 ★★★★★

Gamer said:

Gamer said:

Gamer said:

Polygon said:

ItsDamien said:

So you realise top 45 is gated behind payawall
    Also I never had or will have a single issue about being in top AQ.
    On my best day of mcoc, grinding the game every day, I don't consider about being in top 45 AQ.

It’s only gated behind a self imposed player paywall. This is an open market in full force.
    Lemme know how many f2p players are in top45.
    I have every skill to be in any competitive alliance. Show us the "said" players without spending in these alliances. I don't have any issues with this either.

But when kabam includes "f2p players need to be in competitive alliance to get r4 mats" where is the logic in that?
    They didn't say anyone HAS to be. They said the people who will have the Title first WILL HAVE been. They also said the Title is going to be something not everyone will have the moment it's released.
    Your point of view is true for casual, average, above average players.
    It's false for some of us who have done everything kabam asked us to do.
    Except for chasing r4 mats in AQ and AW....... So you've done ALMOST what was required to be there day one without spending. Just because it's not a path you chose to take, doesn't make it false.
    Are you saying you can be in the top end of AQ without having to spend? Just look at the situation with Brian Grant.

Nobody:

Demonzfyre: you can easily get Paragon without having to spend any money, but you have to be in a top 45 AQ.
    Brian Grant didn't care to manage his prestige properly so that is horrible example.

But I'm in top 20 and we have 1 ftp guy. Just one out of 30 and he's no where near the highest prestige but he has 3 r4's. The real answer is no one in Top 10 is ftp. No one but top 45 yes there are few but they have some.
    He couldn’t really since he’s didn’t getting suffer with was the highest at that point next to doom it relied one rng with cystal or speed in arena
    I followed Brian for years. He constantly held his stones when he had decent options and he brought his alliance down several points with his prestige. If I was 4Loki I was booted him 3 years ago. Now they're close to top 10 once they dropped him. That sounds harsh but it was just selfish behavior.
    And your taking the game to serious if u can’t farm any friends or be light meat a lot of your beings dry from the game and all the prestige only resone you in a top 20 is one because people getting lucky one spend
    When did I say I can't form friends? You telling me how I should play the game regardless is ridiculous. Let me try it on you, if you're not ftp you don't take the game seriously.

You see how that works? You just don't get it, being on Demonzfyre side is never is a good thing.
    I’m one my own side so never said. That’s and btw you speaking like you hav do those things.
    Not sure what you're trying to say here but most people are over Paragon since spring cleaning dropped..kind of a mute point now.

If you have the funds 3 r4's are there for the taking. This is the direction Kabam wants to go in and we have rewarded them for it.
    I’m ben over in since anumment. R4 is a most fair I’m don’t care now I’m hav goals to push for I’m not against that’s I’m kind like I’m ain’t it day one
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,756 ★★★★★

I have 3 r4s….map 5…gold 2/3…14.3k prestige. Not all paragons are in the top top…

Obviously…not ftp…carry on

The argument was targeted toward ftp. Plenty of people who spend are going to be paragon day one.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,788 ★★★★★

I have 3 r4s….map 5…gold 2/3…14.3k prestige. Not all paragons are in the top top…

For curiosity, how much have you progressed on act 7, and carina challenges? And have you completed Summer of Pain and Grandmaster Gauntlet last year?
  • Options
    Burrito2525Burrito2525 Posts: 507 ★★★

For curiosity, how much have you progressed on act 7, and carina challenges? And have you completed Summer of Pain and Grandmaster Gauntlet last year?
    Explored act 1 to 6.2 and all of act 7, did all of summer of pain and all of the Gauntlet and about half the carina challenges. I had 2 r4s before spring cleaning and now have a 3rd with 1 t3a and 1 t6b still.
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,066 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

So you realise top 45 is gated behind payawall
    Also I never had or will have a single issue about being in top AQ.
    On my best day of mcoc, grinding the game every day, I don't consider about being in top 45 AQ.

It’s only gated behind a self imposed player paywall. This is an open market in full force.
    Lemme know how many f2p players are in top45.
    I have every skill to be in any competitive alliance. Show us the "said" players without spending in these alliances. I don't have any issues with this either.

But when kabam includes "f2p players need to be in competitive alliance to get r4 mats" where is the logic in that?
    And you took a swing and a miss on this one chief. Kabam hasn’t paywalled top AQ or AW. The community has done that. Kabam gave the open market and those with money have chosen how to dictate that market. This is a self imposed thing that the community has decided to do. Kabam has never once said “If you want to be at the top you have to pay”, the players themselves DROVE that economy of spending.

So, wanna take another shot at your argument?
    But it's kabam who engineered the prestige reliant score system in the first place, wich does basically mean paywall. It's super easy to introduce some secondary metric to estimate how good an alliance is doing, like they did in battlegrounds with amount of health lost for example.
    Also, what do you mean by open market? Because a spender uses money to boost his account. Those money come from external source, while f2p player only has in-game resources for whatever reasons, so those spendings may be considered to be subsidies, and open market is free if those

So, wanna take another shot at your argument?
  • Options
    Overall, I find that paragon requirements lame, as doing only story mode should be enough. Not because I want that, but because in my experience it used to be the only way for f2p players to kinda catch up competitively. At the point when you just get new title, you benefit a lot from glory store and overall increase in resources and can grow your account close to what spenders had when they just got that new title in terms of quality, I.e get 3 r4 6*, if it only required one. The true diminishing returns people like to speak here about. With paragon thing spenders will get some boost in their accounts while f2p players won't for months.
    Personally I don't care really, I hate aq, wich is the most boring thing in any game I've ever seen. But I can definitely understand why people don't like it. And I don't feel like getting N rK champs has anything to do with progression tbf. Like some skilled people could've do act 6 with 4*, but because of reasons it's not allowed. Now instead of having content as a measure of progression we're offered to have progression as number of champs you've ranked. And even that could've been ok, if they introduced some challenging skill based content to do to earn another title giving same benefits, like sparegon (from skilled paragon). To emphasize how they dislike f2p players, could've just make it grey and not changeable until you get 3 r4s
  • Options

Aleor said:

Overall, I find that paragon requirements lame, as doing only story mode should be enough. Not because I want that, but because in my experience it used to be the only way for f2p players to kinda catch up competitively. At the point when you just get new title, you benefit a lot from glory store and overall increase in resources and can grow your account close to what spenders had when they just got that new title in terms of quality, I.e get 3 r4 6*, if it only required one. The true diminishing returns people like to speak here about. With paragon thing spenders will get some boost in their accounts while f2p players won't for months.
    Personally I don't care really, I hate aq, wich is the most boring thing in any game I've ever seen. But I can definitely understand why people don't like it. And I don't feel like getting N rK champs has anything to do with progression tbf. Like some skilled people could've do act 6 with 4*, but because of reasons it's not allowed. Now instead of having content as a measure of progression we're offered to have progression as number of champs you've ranked. And even that could've been ok, if they introduced some challenging skill based content to do to earn another title giving same benefits, like sparegon (from skilled paragon). To emphasize how they dislike f2p players, could've just make it grey and not changeable until you get 3 r4s

You want a title for beating act 7? What great accomplishment is that? It's some of the easiest content we have. Easier than Act 6. Titles can't be tied to content because the content has the difficulty taken from it.
    Oh...
    Saying 'introduced some challenging skill based content' I meant they would ADD some extra content you'd have to do to get a title. Can be as difficult as act 7, 6, or even 5 if you want to. It's in the end of my message, feel free to read it completely, I guess
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,281 ★★★★★

Aleor said:

You want a title for beating act 7? What great accomplishment is that? It's some of the easiest content we have. Easier than Act 6. Titles can't be tied to content because the content has the difficulty taken from it.
    But you are getting a title for spending. Lol
    Am I against spenders? why would I?
    Spenders have every right to get access to biggest rewards. Congrats to them.
  • Options
    30ish30ish Posts: 177 ★★
    I would say just hold it for now, until they released full rewards structure/details related to PARAGON title likewise the crystals update & all this.

Yeah I also believe that demanding 3r4’s are just a joke to a community. I would have opt for 2 r4’s instead of 3. This is just my perspective.
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

The question
    What do I do today to get access to 3 r4s.

Let me elaborate.
    -When Cavalier was introduced
    If someone complained about not being cavalier in forums, the simple answer they got was go clear 6.1.
    The path was clear. Do this and get that.
    •No content was gated being this title.
    More tha a year later cav eq was introduced.

-when TB was introduced.
    If.......in forums, the simple answer they got was go explore 6.4 or do abyss.
    The path was clear here too. Do this get that.
    •The only content gated behind this title was Gauntlet and SOP, which was 9 months after the release of TB progression title.

Now... With Paragon
    What do I need to do to reach 3rd r4?
    What content do I clear?
    How many units I should farm?
    Where should I get the final r4 mats?
    •The content gated behind this title is 2 months away.

None of us wants free rewards handed to us.
    Give us some hard endgame content BEFORE EOP.
    Let's say 40-50% of both R4 mats(I just need very little myself)

You catching my drift?
    Power of Wallet was never a requirement, and it must not for hardcore content grinders and competing non spending players.

You mean that players who spend get something earlier than those who don’t?

I sure hope that Kabam doesn’t implement this in other areas of the game!
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,159 ★★★★★

Aleor said:

So if you spent $5 on this game and get Paragon 3 weeks after title launch, is it because you spent?
  • Options

The question
    What do I do today to get access to 3 r4s.

Let me elaborate.
    -When Cavalier was introduced
    If someone complained about not being cavalier in forums, the simple answer they got was go clear 6.1.
    The path was clear. Do this and get that.
    •No content was gated being this title.
    More tha a year later cav eq was introduced.

-when TB was introduced.
    If.......in forums, the simple answer they got was go explore 6.4 or do abyss.
    The path was clear here too. Do this get that.
    •The only content gated behind this title was Gauntlet and SOP, which was 9 months after the release of TB progression title.

Now... With Paragon
    What do I need to do to reach 3rd r4?
    What content do I clear?
    How many units I should farm?
    Where should I get the final r4 mats?
    •The content gated behind this title is 2 months away.

None of us wants free rewards handed to us.
    Give us some hard endgame content BEFORE EOP.
    Let's say 40-50% of both R4 mats(I just need very little myself)

You catching my drift?
    Power of Wallet was never a requirement, and it must not for hardcore content grinders and competing non spending players.

But with TB, there eventually became more ways to get it. And abyss and act 6 weren't the only ways to get T5cc.

Just like TB, there were people who thought they deserved it but weren't doing the things others were like running map 7 w/epic mods to get the weekly T5cc.

T5cc is everywhere now. We're seeing level 56 accounts getting TB. I'd say 90%+ of day one Paragon players will have spent to get to 3 R4s but spending is required.

People spent to take down the collector as lots and lots of people called that fight the biggest cash grab in the game.

People spent to become Cav in 6.1 because of crossbones.

Lots still call abyss a cash grab because you most certainly have to use resources to make it through.

Point is, every title has come with various ways to get it and some got it day one, others had to wait if they didn't want to do what people who got it first did.
  • Options

Aleor said:

So if you spent $5 on this game and get Paragon 3 weeks after title launch, is it because you spent?
    2 players in the previous page just stated they have 3 r4s without playing in top. Nor doing the "necessary" carinas.
    They got the offers, they grab the opportunity, more power to them.

What are you referring to with this 5$ comment I don't understand.
    I'd be happy to get it after 3 weeks Or 10 weeks
    As long as it's before EOP objectives.
  • Options

I joined the game the month after UC difficulty was launched. That was January 18.
    Took me 5 months to get it. Got the title mid May, some vanquishing blows event was on.
    What content was behind the title UC, the UC EQ difficulty. I don't know how many month were in between 5.2 launch and UC EQ.
    Revives for collector 1 team and 10 single with a Rank4 4* stark.
    Unit spent-0
    Money spent-0

Became Cav after 2 weeks it was launched.
    Had 1 r5, and took 2 r4s to tackle 6.1.
    Revives: 7 on Labtron, 3 on xbones, 1 on senti.
    Units-0
    Money-0
    Content locked behind Cavalier:
    Cav EQ, launched 1.5 years after Progression title.

Became TB day 1, September 2020, already had a r3 before the announcment.
    Did anyone force me to do abyss: No
    Did abyss.
    Units spent- 3k
    Money-0
    First Content that required TB title:
    Gauntlet, 8 months after The progression launched.

Time to get Paragon.
    All content will be done by end of may.
    Alright, not gonna get on day 1. Big woop right?
    Yea, I don't mind if we get the title late.
    Going to get it without spending.

Content locked behind Paragon:
    EOP objective in June or July. Just 2 months after titles launch.
    Where is the logic?

The Monetary aspect of UC,Cav,TB titles was for the players who couldnt get it by other means. But there were a large majority who all got their corresponding title just by content.

I dont want title on day 1. Did i ever said in my old comments I want title on day 1

The thing I cant understand is a Title gated content after 2 months of a new progression.

Let me be clear, I never said that you were or are expecting to have the title day one but there are many others in this thread that think that. The above is your path and your experience. A good majority of the people who'll be paragon day 1 are ones who've been in the game longer. Yes, most of them have spent money but it's also not like they spent money knowing that TB or Paragon were going to be a thing let alone the requirements to gain that title. They've been spending to get their rosters where they want time and having multiple R4's is a result from that.

In all honesty, if the prestige race wasn't such a hardline, I doubt we'd be seeing the types of spending we see currently. The reason we have so many spenders with multiple R4's is because of prestige and the pressure from playing in the top of AQ.

I can't ever agree that progression titles should be tied to content going forward because they just aren't something that warrants that.

Paragon won't have content gated behind it right away, just some objectives. I am sure cavaliers and above will have access to EoP but the content itself, isn't locked behind content.
  • Options
    I can see what you were trying to say in your arguments throughout this thread and in all honesty I agree to base idea behind them.
    I always support spenders in the game. It is they who keeps the new content dropping monthly.
    All the things you stated about spending habits of players, I agree to that too.

As I mentioned in one of my early comment, My gripe is only behind EOP objectives, that too only because of the rewards disparity between TB/Cav LAST year.

"Just some objectives" True.
    If the rewards structure stays like last years. 1-6 points difference will be a 50+ Sig stones and maybe couple r4 mats this time.
    That's big deal for other players like me, the players who abide by the kabam rules to stay relevant.

One last thing I would like to mention.
    Players had 9 months to get TB before SOP dropped. But this time we have 2 months before EOP.

Thinking out loud, I guess we may see a gauntlet type endgame content before EOP. At this point it is wishful thinking.

Oi, Kabam! throw us a bone m8
  • Options
    pete8388pete8388 Posts: 142 ★★
    I am not sure how much Kabam is watching this thread, but I have been monitoring it and even though I am reiterating what others have already said, I wanted to drop in my two cents.

The main thing is that the release of this title has been handled very poorly.

I am ok with the requirements if:

1. They said they do not expect this title to be achievable by most at launch
    2. There is no content or special objectives locked behind this title until there is enough resources in the game (through permanent content) that the title can be attained. Looking at you EOP.

The path to get this title (a solo campaign title) should not be locked behind:
    1. Limited time events
    2. Purchases (whether that be units or money)
    3. Alliance play

By locking the title behind those types of things they have alienated their most dedicated players that have completed all content. Yes, money should get you more, and I am ok with those who spend getting the title first since they pay for the game we enjoy to play. But you should allow a path for those dedicated players to get this title as well.

I have completed almost all content in game. Explored all story and abyss. Did all of SOP and gauntlet. I have a handful of carinas vol 2 challenge to go (which I am intentionally taking slow). And even once carinas v2 is complete I still wont have enough resources to have 3 r4s because I have made no purchases to buy r4 material and have not picked up the 10k unit offer.

So if 3 r4s are going to be the requirement, please release content where there are enough rewards to achieve this. And please do not lock out content behind the paragon title until there is enough rewards through content for the rest of us to be there.
  • Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    pete8388 said:

I am not sure how much Kabam is watching this thread, but I have been monitoring it and even though I am reiterating what others have already said, I wanted to drop in my two cents.

2. There is no content or special objectives locked behind this title until there is enough resources in the game (through permanent content) that the title can be attained. Looking at you EOP.

1. Limited time events
    3. Alliance play

By locking the title behind those types of things they have alienated their most dedicated players that have completed all content. Yes, money should get you more, and I am ok with those who spend getting the title first since they pay for the game we enjoy to play. But you should allow a path for those dedicated players to get this title as well.

I have completed almost all content in game. Explored all story and abyss. Did all of SOP and gauntlet. I have a handful of carinas vol 2 challenge to go (which I am intentionally taking slow). And even once carinas v2 is complete I still wont have enough resources to have 3 r4s because I have made no purchases to buy r4 material and have not picked up the 10k unit offer.

So if 3 r4s are going to be the requirement, please release content where there are enough rewards to achieve this. And please do not lock out content behind the paragon title until there is enough rewards through content for the rest of us to be there.

I don't think it is fair to have the solo objectives in EOP be excluded from Thronebreakers. They're the ones that will need the rewards from the solo objectives the most.

Also, Kabam needs to announce a Thronbreaker crystal which removes 3 stars. It is about that time. 7 stars are close (or another game breaking change in rank ups), and 3 stars are completely irrelevant to a Paragon player like myself. They don't even give descent iso.
  • Options
    pete8388 said:

Buddy, it looks like we are going to miss on first set of 5 week paragon objectives.
    i.e. 6 points
  • Options
    pete8388 said:

1. Limited time events
    3. Alliance play

The intention of this title was for those who have everything done and with 3 R4's. You don't have everything done and don't have 3 R4's. They made it very clear in that announcement. There are several paths to get to 3 R4's before the title release date but looks like you just aren't that far down that path yet.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,262 ★★★★★

pete8388 said:

1. Limited time events
    3. Alliance play

The intention of this title was for those who have everything done and with 3 R4's. You don't have everything done and don't have 3 R4's. They made it very clear in that announcement. There are several paths to get to 3 R4's before the title release date but looks like you just aren't that far down that path yet.
    If I’m done everything I’m be 1 shots of tier 3 alpha my fault for not having time to beat top and most carina doesn’t fits me so my fault and I’m happy to work one my own phess
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,756 ★★★★★
    TL:DR titles were always hard for me to achieve day one as a casual player. I'm glad we are seeing new endgame content because current content is boring.

As someone who has played this game for a long time I just wanted to say that for the casual player, Uncollected and Cavalier were very hard to attain when they launched. I gave up on Uncollected for months, and only got it through the power of unit man (used like 6 team revives on the dude). I patiently waited about 4 months after it was released because it was just too hard for me at the moment it was released. Getting Cavalier as a casual player was also very difficult due to my horrible 5* and 6* roster at the time. I only became Cavalier just so I could get the t5b needed to r5 my Venom. For Thronebreaker I got very lucky with the rng and formed a t5cc from 7.1, but the grandmaster was a huge pain to fight.

While it is true that SoP came many months after TB did, it was a one time event. Eternity of pain has 4 cycles of the exact same rewards. You really won't be missing out on nearly as much with the rewards distributed out over 4 separate events as you would if it was all bunched into 1. Due to that, I'm fine with EoP releasing the month paragon comes out. One of the biggest complaints of end-game players is that there is no content to do. A lot of us explored 7.4 within a month, and I know that personally I've had nothing to do. I have watched so many revives expire in my stash because the only content that requires revives anymore are the dumb fights. I used 0 revives to explore cav EQ, so I'm grateful kabam is making challenging content for the end-game people that is not alliance war.