**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Is Peni Parker eop unfair?

Comments

• TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    SuelGames said:

Bro if u have to spend revives, its not an easy fight.

"The Pain" yall are saying was supposed to be a fight that requires skill to beat, but when we try to do that, we die to close encounters without getting hit once.

So dont go telling me "very easy, spent 3 revives". LOL that is paradoxal

I d swap Close Encounters for Brute Force, it would still be hard, but not this bs cash grab.

Skill issue
  • Vance2_jrVance2_jr Posts: 694 ★★★
    7714dtl said:

Lots of advice and bragging in this thread. People sure can handle the L and defense utility objective. Funny how I dont see the same level of confidene towards the Kree objective. Do that objective without CMM or Hulkling then tell me how easy that fight is.

It’s literally in the name…Eternity of Pain, not Eternity of Punching RoL Winter Soldier In The Face or Eternity of Everyone Gets a Trophy or Eternity of Puppies and Unicorn Farts. If I didn’t struggle with the content, I don’t think it would be much fun. I had to emergency rank Hulking and still used two revives. And I’m perfectly ok with that.
  • 7714dtl said:

DNA3000 said:

7714dtl said:

DNA3000 said:

Ceder said:

I've done all the eop fights so far and the only one I had trouble on was Icarus but Peni Parker is just borderline impossible, this can be credited to the objectives as well, but how am I supposed to do this, I feel like this fight is impossible to solo unless you have a few very specific champs

What exactly are you saying is unfair? The fight itself or the objectives? The only one that's borderline unfair would be #Kree.

But what exactly is unfair in your mind?
    Yes, captain marvel movie and hulking the only best for kree, others kree is ronan, cap mar og and cap mar other, which not suitable for peni
    The #Kree objective is, I believe, the Paragon objective. Are you saying that an end game targeted objective for an end game tier fight is unfair if a presumably end game player does not possess an optimum champion option for the fight? Not even, say, a 5* version of those champions?
    I fortunatley have CMM who I did it with in 2 revies. But feel free to post your video of taking that fight with either Ronan or one of the garbage tier Captain Marvels and then let me know what you think of an objective that only 2 champs, 1 of which most people wont have(if they have either).

People sure love commenting on things they can't do or havent tried.
    Are you saying any fight I can't do is unfair?

I have done many things with suboptimal options. But I'm not going to do one just to prove a point, especially when posting such a thing would prove nothing. If the only option I had was Ronan, I would do it with Ronan. It isn't the only option I have, so I have no intention of doing that, because a) I'm not an idiot, b) I had plenty enough of that using 5* Colossus last week, and c) nor can I be baited into doing idiotic things for no reason, Marty McFly.

And yeah, people sure do love commenting on things they can't do or haven't tried. Like designing game content for example.
    The fact that that is your reaction to me stating the extreme champ limitations of that fight shows how unfair that objective is. The fact that you call doing that fight with any but 1 of 2 champs "idiotic" proves my point. Thank you.
    No, that's not what I said. Please read it again, or take an English class. I actually explicitly stated if I only had Ronan, I would figure out a way to do it with Ronan. The idiotic thing would be trying to do it with anything less than the best option I possess just to win a forum argument.
    7714dtl said:

And as for your content comment it would hardly be rocket science to put another tag on that objective.

And speaking about proving a point, you seem to be doubling down on your own assertion that people love to talk about things they've never done or can't do. Unless you have some game design experience you'd like to share.

Anyone can say hey, just add a tag here, just lower this number there, just increase those rewards there. You say that like they were somehow unable to do that and need someone with a flashlight to help them find it. Nobody needs you to suggest allowing more champions into the objective. Maybe you should suggest what that should be, and explain how that achieves the requirements of the content design. The content is attempting to achieve some level of difficulty. Please explain how you know what that is, how the current design fails to reach this level of difficulty, and how your suggestion would better achieve this level of difficulty, given the requirements on the content and the rewards contained within it. After all, this is not rocket science. Since you seem to think everyone is saying the objective is easy, I feel perfectly fine saying you're asserting all of this is easy also. So before I go recording a video of Ronan doing the Kree objective, perhaps you can document your thought process here. In a way that doesn't require the reader to use too many revives.
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    7714dtl said:

7714dtl said:

DNA3000 said:

7714dtl said:

DNA3000 said:

Ceder said:

I've done all the eop fights so far and the only one I had trouble on was Icarus but Peni Parker is just borderline impossible, this can be credited to the objectives as well, but how am I supposed to do this, I feel like this fight is impossible to solo unless you have a few very specific champs

What exactly are you saying is unfair? The fight itself or the objectives? The only one that's borderline unfair would be #Kree.

But what exactly is unfair in your mind?
    Yes, captain marvel movie and hulking the only best for kree, others kree is ronan, cap mar og and cap mar other, which not suitable for peni
    The #Kree objective is, I believe, the Paragon objective. Are you saying that an end game targeted objective for an end game tier fight is unfair if a presumably end game player does not possess an optimum champion option for the fight? Not even, say, a 5* version of those champions?
    I fortunatley have CMM who I did it with in 2 revies. But feel free to post your video of taking that fight with either Ronan or one of the garbage tier Captain Marvels and then let me know what you think of an objective that only 2 champs, 1 of which most people wont have(if they have either).

People sure love commenting on things they can't do or havent tried.
    Are you saying any fight I can't do is unfair?

I have done many things with suboptimal options. But I'm not going to do one just to prove a point, especially when posting such a thing would prove nothing. If the only option I had was Ronan, I would do it with Ronan. It isn't the only option I have, so I have no intention of doing that, because a) I'm not an idiot, b) I had plenty enough of that using 5* Colossus last week, and c) nor can I be baited into doing idiotic things for no reason, Marty McFly.

And yeah, people sure do love commenting on things they can't do or haven't tried. Like designing game content for example.
    The fact that that is your reaction to me stating the extreme champ limitations of that fight shows how unfair that objective is. The fact that you call doing that fight with any but 1 of 2 champs "idiotic" proves my point. Thank you.

And as for your content comment it would hardly be rocket science to put another tag on that objective.
    Or is it the fact that IGN summoner 7714dtl has a rating of 3,297 with a top champ as a 5* unduped Thor Rags? Bro, if this is you, please leave the chat.

The Kree tag is the worst part about this and agree there is some room for argument on that one, but as DNA points out, Paragon are top of the top and pretty much all of them are going to have at least a CMM and be accustomed to some difficult content where the best counter is not possible.

Besides that one, this one can be tricky at first, but has lots of possible counters - maybe not solos, but reasonable to take down with decent skill and minimal items. If you want/need those R4 rank up materials, put in your dues. Or skip it and don't pick them up if a couple of revives aren't worth the trade off.
    As i said i already did it. Nothing in the game I havent completed. Explored everything except abyss. I am Paragon. There is something called alt accounts. Another one got some solid champs and that one you dug up got left behind. Maintaining 2 was more work than I wanted.

But a simple acknowledgement about the obsurdity of the Kree objective instead of this back and forth would have saved you a lot of rage.
    No rage at all. It feels like the hostility seems to be coming from the other side. I've been advocating this isn't impossible or overly terrible. I never said the Kree tag was absurd. I said it was the worst part about the challenge.

If I had to press with CMM or Ronan, I would if it meant getting the final milestone. Some practice, boosts and a couple of items is not absurd.

Here's a decent player showing how reasonable it is with a boosted 5* CMM - same amount of revives I used with 6* R3 Ultron. Not unfair or absurd at all. What's absurd is spending all this time complaining about instead of figuring it out and making it happen with as little items as possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeko1bDCskg
  • SuelGamesSuelGames Posts: 925 ★★★

SuelGames said:

And just because you had to spend revives doesn’t make it a cash grab.
    Its an expression, doesnt mean that u have to spend hundres of dollars to clear, it means it cant be done without using itens, no matter how skilled u are.

Apart from bosses like Collector, GM and SKang, a fight that requires you to die to win is a stupid design imo, the point is to have skill, not to have large stash of itens ffs
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    SuelGames said:

SuelGames said:

it means it cant be done without using itens, no matter how skilled u are.
    I did it without items, so I guess that disproves your statement.

When you say it can’t be done without items you mean, you didn’t manage to solo it within the first day so you decided to use items. Not that you couldn’t do it without items.

This is the difference between hard, and cash grab.
  • Player_SlasherPlayer_Slasher Posts: 156 ★★
    SuelGames said:

SuelGames said:

Its an expression, doesnt mean that u have to spend hundres of dollars to clear, it means it cant be done without using itens, no matter how skilled u are.

Apart from bosses like Collector, GM and SKang, a fight that requires you to die to win is a stupid design imo, the point is to have skill, not to have large stash of itens ffs
    You think Collector is a good design?

SuelGames said:

SuelGames said:

When you say it can’t be done without items you mean, you didn’t manage to solo it within the first day so you decided to use items. Not that you couldn’t do it without items.

1 - I still havent done it
    2 - Solo is doable if u can choose any champ, but with champ requirements thats tough, who did u use?
    edited September 2022

SuelGames said:

SuelGames said:

You think Collector is a good design?
    No, i hate it lol but at some point in the game he was the ultimate challenge, had to beat him to become UC, so its understandable

I do think the GM was very good, i got a solo twice when exploring, havent fought Kang yet
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    edited September 2022
    SuelGames said:

SuelGames said:

SuelGames said:

2 - Solo is doable if u can choose any champ, but with champ requirements thats tough, who did u use?
    We will agree on only one part, I think that the Kree objective is too limiting. But the other two are fine, there are a lot of champions to choose from.

I used Hulkling and Sparky.

So if you haven’t done it yet how do you know you can’t solo it? And even if you can’t solo it, why does it mean it’s a cash grab just because you can’t solo it? Many others have, maybe you just don’t have the roster depth to handle it without revives, or the skill to use the champions.

A hard fight that you can’t solo is not automatically a cash grab, you still haven’t given a good reason why it’s a cash grab.

SuelGames said:

SuelGames said:

SuelGames said:

We will agree on only one part, I think that the Kree objective is too limiting. But the other two are fine, there are a lot of champions to choose from.

So if you haven’t done it yet how do you know you can’t solo it? And even if you can’t solo it, why does it mean it’s a cash grab just because you can’t solo it? Many others have, maybe you just don’t have the roster depth to handle it without revives, or the skill to use the champions.

A hard fight that you can’t solo is not automatically a cash grab, you still haven’t given a good reason why it’s a cash grab.
    That explains lol not everyone has Hulking, he s a very new champ.

Because i fought over 30 times lol, and i havent managed to get half of hp, and im no scrub at this game, my roster is pretty deep, ive 3.2 mil rating, but im F2P so i dont have a large amount of dupped R3s, ive 60 5* R5 tough.

Its like i said above bro, no matter how good u are, 99% of ppl will have to spend revives in this fight even if they do everything right and dont get touched, that is a bs cash grab imo, but i get it, yall disagree, life goes on
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,440 ★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

SuelGames said:

SuelGames said:

SuelGames said:

SuelGames said:

That explains lol not everyone has Hulking, he s a very new champ.

Because i fought over 30 times lol, and i havent managed to get half of hp, and im no scrub at this game, my roster is pretty deep, ive 3.2 mil rating, but im F2P so i dont have a large amount of dupped R3s, ive 60 5* R5 tough.

Its like i said above bro, no matter how good u are, 99% of ppl will have to spend revives in this fight even if they do everything right and dont get touched, that is a bs cash grab imo, but i get it, yall disagree, life goes on
    You still don’t understand the phrase “Cash grab” explain to me where people have to spend CASH to get past this fight.
    Feels like they need to spend items while struggling in the fight = Cash Grab
    :p
  • PetieCameronPetieCameron Posts: 260
    Even on YouTube the big cats not got much content on it and openly admit this is crazy hard n there using revives it's a joke of a fight. unless u live life in the forum's your apparently the cut above the rest n better than all others n we should just get good. Point is it's champ specific n brutal I also say cash grab my reason being I got no large champs for the large one so I need a ton of potions and revives and if I'm to grind n farm I need energy refills a stupid amount so yeah he's right it's a cash grab think it's u that misunderstands what a cash grab is.
  • LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,341 ★★★★★
    edited September 2022
    Hard to solo but easy to brute force with Nick or Herc and a couple of revives.

Glad I don't have to do the Kree objective thou.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

Even on YouTube the big cats not got much content on it and openly admit this is crazy hard n there using revives it's a joke of a fight. unless u live life in the forum's your apparently the cut above the rest n better than all others n we should just get good. Point is it's champ specific n brutal I also say cash grab my reason being I got no large champs for the large one so I need a ton of potions and revives and if I'm to grind n farm I need energy refills a stupid amount so yeah he's right it's a cash grab think it's u that misunderstands what a cash grab is.

So your extremely circumstantial anecdote is reason to call it a cash grab. That’s still doesn’t make it a cash grab. Where in this entire fight at any point do you HAVE to spend REAL MONEY to get past the fight? If you can show me a single instance of HAVING to spend money to do this fight, then I’ll side with the cash grab idea.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    Kree tag is bs. If you don't spend, you don't have new hulk, and that leaves you with only cmm. Unless you're spending, the odds of you not having a single specific champ as 5* or 6*, are actually pretty high. Let's assume you play for 5 years and open a 5* crystal once a week and open a 6* crystal once a week for 2 years. It is 392 crystals.

Now is the fun part. Let's say you pull any champ except cmm. There are (assuming, say, 220 unique champs) 219^392 possible outcomes and 220^392 outcomes, where you can get cmm. So what is the ratio of players, who would not have cmm? Pretty simple, (219/220)^392. Or in plain numbers it is 16.8%. For opening those damn crystals weekly for years. It is not an exact estimation, as the number of champs changes over time, but also she was added like 2 years ago or what? Plus one could target mutant, skill, science or tech champs with dual crystals, wich would also change the numbers, so imo this rough estimation is fine

There is a good bunch of people who would not have some champ as a 5* or 6*. I guess you can do it with a 4*, but it still doesn't change the fact that it is a big f from kabam to those unlucky players. Especially with the fight being nothing difficult.
    Overall it is disappointing imo that they give less interesting fights like ikaris and more fights that are just not comfortable to do with tag of their selection. Looking forward for torch fight next iteration with mystic objectives and nodes that will give him constant super mode and poison you too death in 10 seconds. I bet some idiot will write here on forums something like "yOu cAn uSe dRaGon mAn sPaMmiNg sp3, iT iS a nOrMaL fIgHt".
    And really, just don't do it. If you already have that porogon title, you must likely won't feel any big difference of not having another 6r4 one month earlier. But the choice of the tag is imo a slap in the face. Not to the whole community, only to a very tiny part of, something like maybe 5% of paragon players
  • Anyone able to do it with ultron? I’ve been here for hours trying to complete it with a 6* R3
  • Giantwalrus56Giantwalrus56 Posts: 596 ★★★
    Complai

Anyone able to do it with ultron? I’ve been here for hours trying to complete it with a 6* R3

I did. Wasn't a solo by any means but got her down. Same 6*r3 w/ 20% green boost. Took me many tries but once I got her to 40ish%, just revived. Then died few mores times but it happened. Stay at it
  • GoldenGod105GoldenGod105 Posts: 57
    edited September 2022
    Any tips?
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    edited September 2022

Complai

Anyone able to do it with ultron? I’ve been here for hours trying to complete it with a 6* R3

I did. Wasn't a solo by any means but got her down. Same 6*r3 w/ 20% green boost. Took me many tries but once I got her to 40ish%, just revived. Then died few mores times but it happened. Stay at it
    Ditto. 3 x l1 revives and just a couple potions to get above 50% health and heal 2x per additional run.

Just play Peni as usual and take the shield down. Let the bleeds put in work (assuming deep wounds at 4/5).

Watch some YouTube to take the shield down, bait l1s and just whittle her down. Don't expect to throw many specials, if any. Ultron's healing and strong D.O.T. bleed make him a great option if you're willing to give up the solo and use minmal items.

I didn't have suicides on either. Wish I had put them on as I wasn't throwing specials anyway. That might have been the difference for a solo. But I don't care. Have 30 L1 revives in stash so might as well use 3 and take the easy win.
  • Giantwalrus56Giantwalrus56 Posts: 596 ★★★
    @GoldenGod105 - pretty much everything the post above said. If you can run recoil tree, I'd definitely use them. Only thing else I can say is try to counter peni sp1 with heavy
  • LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    It’s definitely not unfair. I got paragon yesterday so tried the fight out with my new 5* hulkling, and it wasn’t too bad. 2 revives with him ultron and GG. I’m not that worried about solos however
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★

@GoldenGod105 Complete , Yes.
    Solo, No.
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    edited September 2022
    If you're worried about solos then keep at it.

But the fight can be done with 2-10 revives, depending on your level, skill, luck etc

10 revives is like 2 days of farming. Honestly don't understand these posts at this point, just do it and move on.
  • MusikmenMusikmen Posts: 62
    Used Herc for the first run, and then Cap IW for the final with a few revives. Not awful