**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Sandbagging in BGS should be okay

Comments

• ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 2,919 ★★★★★

They did call sandbagging cheating though

Actually, no they didn’t.

You take a clip (why very fuzzy, btw ?) from in the post about hiring of a new person to combat cheating, in which they lay out different things.
    Of which, you can toss in the newer post they made which DOES actually say that “WIN-TRADING” is not allowed.

And then as a side note in this earlier announcement, they also mention changes they will make to sandbagging (without calling sandbagging cheating, like the modding, etc, is).

Your 2nd paragraph would be summarizing the rest of the post, not specifically pertaining to sandbagging (which was not the primary purpose of the post).

—-
    But, yes, changes will be made to better do matchmaking. I would think something like a PRESTIGE-based system of the DECK you are using, like average rating of your top-10 in the deck (10 out of 30, so wouldn’t matter who you bring for 11-30).
    That is incorrect, the post was solely about cheating, if sandbagging wasn't cheating (which btw that's literally the meaning of sandbagging, cheating by lowering you rating and it's a bannable offense on most competitions) then it would've had it's own separate post. Furthermore, on the last paragraph it says that all of those are a portion of the steps that they will be talking to fix cheating, if fixing matchmaking to prevent sandbagging strategies wasn't one of these steps (meaning they do consider sandbagging cheating) then the sandbagging part would've been the last paragraph, not the steps part because it would've been a different topic that had nothing to do with cheating and even then that wouldn't make sense.

They never mentioned modding in that particular post, I think you're confused.

How does that make sense lol. "We're making a post solely about cheating but let's also include this which has nothing to do with cheating". You're wrong, sandbagging is cheating, sure not to the same extent as modding but it's cheating nonetheless.

Dragoon81 said:

This is me getting all the benefits from sandbagging and “cheating” everyone else.

Ended up with four 2s champs in my fighting deck. Pretty sure my opponent was ok with me “cheating” 🤷🏻‍♂️

You get rewarded for losses from Kabam right now if you only play three matches. Your opponent's choice was take the easy win or forfeit and give you the win you're gaming the system to get. I'd have taken the easy fight and reported you after. Kabam should ban you from the game. Full stop.
    Sigh, this is why reporting modders is so hard when they have to look at so many reports from people on things they don’t like versus actual cheating.
    Sandbagging is cheating. Period. They belong in the same basket as modders. Both are a blight to the game mode and experience.
    This is so wrong. If you're in the same tier as someone you should be fair game. If you can't beat someone with half a roster you don't deserve to be in a tier with them. Kabam artificially propelling low accounts into higher tiers that they don't belong in hurts everyone.
    You're talking about artificially propelling low accounts into higher tiers they don't belong in and completely ignore the fact that people who sandbag get to higher tiers which they also don't belong in by sandbagging to make up for their lack of skill. Your logic is worse than OPs just stop
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    I love sandbaggers. Self sabotage is always fun
  • ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★

Dragoon81 said:

This is me getting all the benefits from sandbagging and “cheating” everyone else.

Ended up with four 2s champs in my fighting deck. Pretty sure my opponent was ok with me “cheating” 🤷🏻‍♂️

You get rewarded for losses from Kabam right now if you only play three matches. Your opponent's choice was take the easy win or forfeit and give you the win you're gaming the system to get. I'd have taken the easy fight and reported you after. Kabam should ban you from the game. Full stop.
    Sigh, this is why reporting modders is so hard when they have to look at so many reports from people on things they don’t like versus actual cheating.
    Sandbagging is cheating. Period. They belong in the same basket as modders. Both are a blight to the game mode and experience.
    This is so wrong. If you're in the same tier as someone you should be fair game. If you can't beat someone with half a roster you don't deserve to be in a tier with them. Kabam artificially propelling low accounts into higher tiers that they don't belong in hurts everyone.
    You're talking about artificially propelling low accounts into higher tiers they don't belong in and completely ignore the fact that people who sandbag get to higher tiers which they also don't belong in by sandbagging to make up for their lack of skill. Your logic is worse than OPs just stop
    Your constantly talking about other people's 'lack of skills" but you have dozens of posts complaining about how unfair battlegrounds is.

If your skill was anywhere close to as good as you think it is, you would be winning more of these matches and wouldn't be posting a new complaint about BG matchmaking every other hour.
  • ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 882 ★★★
    edited November 2022
    There are many ways to manipulate the current system even between Cav, TB, paragon and top paragon competitors not using 2 to 4*s. 6r1 and 5r3/4 do the same thing. I still think a system that boots you up after X amount of wins as an alternative to (in addition to) the current system in lower tiers up to gold/platinum is needed and forget these easily manipulated algorithms. They will just find the next gap in the logic.

Dragoon81 said:

Your constantly talking about other people's 'lack of skills" but you have dozens of posts complaining about how unfair battlegrounds is.

If your skill was anywhere close to as good as you think it is, you would be winning more of these matches and wouldn't be posting a new complaint about BG matchmaking every other hour.
    I have two posts in total, not dozens and I certainly don't make posts about them every hour.
    As for your other comment, if you had an ounce of common sense you'd understand why I physically can't win a match against someone with 15 rank 3 6* when I barely have 5 rank 4 5*.
    I am very sorry that soon you will be unable to sandbag though (cause you're clearly one of them), cope

Dragoon81 said:

I have two posts in total, not dozens and I certainly don't make posts about them every hour.
    As for your other comment, if you had an ounce of common sense you'd understand why I physically can't win a match against someone with 15 rank 3 6* when I barely have 5 rank 4 5*.
    I am very sorry that soon you will be unable to sandbag though (cause you're clearly one of them), cope
    It doesn't have to be a "new discussion" to count as you posting, which is clearly what your trying to say (unless you are insanely bad at math).

On this thread, threads you made and other threads, I'd say there is at least 3 dozen posts from you at a minimum. Maybe if you spent less time complaining about what you can't change and more time practicing, you would have less issues.
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,283 ★★★★★

Dragoon81 said:

If you need to purposefully put half a roster to be in the tier you are in, you don’t deserve to be in a tier with those people
    That’s exactly the point. I field mostly a 4 star roster with a few 5 stars mixed in and I get matched up with a sandbagger in P2. It was a 220k account with 15 ranked up 4/5/6 stars and 15 1 and 2stars. Imagine such a low account sandbagging(although I suspect that person wasn’t sandbagging but maybe doesn’t even have enough ranked up 4stars to field a full deck) in platinum 2 when there are much bigger accounts facing off in lower tiers?
  • LorddrewLorddrew Posts: 297 ★★
    I bring my best setup, my matches were harder on VC bronze III then glad fights, I got 6 r4's, when i go vs a roster that i cans croll threw r4's with latest champs sig 200 ( tech doom, qs, valk etc) you know it's basicly lost. xD
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,894 ★★★★★

Dragoon81 said:

If you need to purposefully put half a roster to be in the tier you are in, you don’t deserve to be in a tier with those people
    This post doesn't make any sense.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    It makes perfect sense, actually.

Dragoon81 said:

How so? If you have to purposely lower you deck rating to verse opponents way weaker than you and climb up the ladder, you definitely don't deserve to be in whatever tier your in because you're essentially cheating your way in when most people had to verse people just as strong as them and didn't get the wins handed to them just like that

Dragoon81 said:

How so? If you have to purposely lower you deck rating to verse opponents way weaker than you and climb up the ladder, you definitely don't deserve to be in whatever tier your in because you're essentially cheating your way in when most people had to verse people just as strong as them and didn't get the wins handed to them just like that
    You make no sense. If you can beat someone in your tier with half a deck, how is it that you don't belong in that tier? Low players not getting matched with bigger accounts in their same tier just artificially promotes those low players and stagnates the bigger players. Eventually, you get low players in tiers where they have to play big accounts and get stuck.

Everyone should be fair game within each tier.

Dragoon81 said:

You make no sense. If you can beat someone in your tier with half a deck, how is it that you don't belong in that tier? Low players not getting matched with bigger accounts in their same tier just artificially promotes those low players and stagnates the bigger players. Eventually, you get low players in tiers where they have to play big accounts and get stuck.

You're the one that makes no sense dude. How on Earth are you even asking a question like that do you have any critical thinking skills whatsoever? Let me spell it out for you, if you have 15 rank 3 6* and 15 1* and you get matched with someone who doesn't even have a maxed out 5* yet how exactly do you expect them to win? It's a free win for you no matter what (unless you draft all 1* which is highly unlikely). Reason: their champs will be so low they won't be able to ko any of your defenders while you on the other hand will be able to ko all of his defenders with easy because your champs' stats will be miles above theirs.

So then per your logic weaker players should not be in gold on alliance wars, they should only be in bronze! Do you imagine how messed up AWs would be if we used your logic of "everyone should be fair game"? There's a reason this isn't a thing.

Not necessarily, that could easily be fixed by making it so only Thronebreakers and above can get into gladiator's circuit.

No, that's not how competitive modes work my guy.
    edited November 2022

@ItsClobberinTime

How can anyone take you seriously when you literally admitted in a different thread on this subject to trying sandbagging but stated you didn't have strong enough top champs for it to work for you so you stopped doing it and now you say that you would never do anything like sandbagging. Your a massive hypocrite dude.
    edited November 2022
    edited November 2022

@ItsClobberinTime

How can anyone take you seriously when you literally admitted in a different thread on this subject to trying sandbagging but stated you didn't have strong enough top champs for it to work for you so you stopped doing it and now you say that you would never do anything like sandbagging. Your a massive hypocrite dude.

You seem to be too dense to understand the difference so let me spell it out for ya. I tried it a few times because I didn't know how else to have fair matches and actually have a chance to get points and climb the ladder, and given that my roster is at the bottom when it comes to rating since I barely became uncollected two weeks ago, it wouldn't have harmed anyone because almost nobody is below me (which in fact it didn't harm anyone). You on the other hand do it because you want to get your rewards easily with no effort whatsoever even though you do have a choice which is fighting people that are at your same level. I was forced to sandbag so I could get fair matches, you chose to sandbag not because you were trying to get fair matches but because you were trying to get easy matches and have no chance of losing. Takes three brain cells to see this is nothing but a domino effect, and if what I was trying to do was get easier matches to get free easy wins like you I certainly wouldn't be celebrating the fact that they're going to change matchmaking again very soon to prevent sandbagging. Now go keep malding somewhere else this is getting old
    edited November 2022

@ItsClobberinTime

You seem to be too dense to understand the difference so let me spell it out for ya. I tried it a few times because I didn't know how else to have fair matches and actually have a chance to get points and climb the ladder, and given that my roster is at the bottom when it comes to rating since I barely became uncollected two weeks ago, it wouldn't have harmed anyone because almost nobody is below me (which in fact it didn't harm anyone). You on the other hand do it because you want to get your rewards easily with no effort whatsoever even though you do have a choice which is fighting people that are at your same level. I was forced to sandbag so I could get fair matches, you chose to sandbag not because you were trying to get fair matches but because you were trying to get easy matches and have no chance of losing. Takes three brain cells to see this is nothing but a domino effect, and if what I was trying to do was get easier matches to get free easy wins like you I certainly wouldn't be celebrating the fact that they're going to change matchmaking again very soon to prevent sandbagging. Now go keep malding somewhere else this is getting old
    You really enjoy name calling and trying to insult people don't you? I see that trend on many of your posts, it really shows your level of maturity (or lack thereof).

Despite that, let's look at the facts. You constantly post complaints about "unfair matchups" and "sandbagging" yet you have tried this approach yourself. You have said you would never do sandbagging and people who do are "cheating" but you tried to do it to gain an advantage and only stopped because it didn't work for you because of your weak roster.

How can you keep negatively judging others for doing what you, yourself tried doing in an attempt to win? You didn't stop doing it because of some moral revelation, you stopped because even with doing this attempt your roster was still too weak and it didn't work for you. We both know if it had worked for you, you wouldn't be posting nonstop posts on this subject and wouldn't keep getting so triggered when someone disagrees with you or catches you on your hypocrisy.

Dragoon81 said:

You're the one that makes no sense dude. How on Earth are you even asking a question like that do you have any critical thinking skills whatsoever? Let me spell it out for you, if you have 15 rank 3 6* and 15 1* and you get matched with someone who doesn't even have a maxed out 5* yet how exactly do you expect them to win? It's a free win for you no matter what (unless you draft all 1* which is highly unlikely). Reason: their champs will be so low they won't be able to ko any of your defenders while you on the other hand will be able to ko all of his defenders with easy because your champs' stats will be miles above theirs.

So then per your logic weaker players should not be in gold on alliance wars, they should only be in bronze! Do you imagine how messed up AWs would be if we used your logic of "everyone should be fair game"? There's a reason this isn't a thing.

Not necessarily, that could easily be fixed by making it so only Thronebreakers and above can get into gladiator's circuit.

No, that's not how competitive modes work my guy.
    You're not understanding BGs or AW.

If someone doesn't have a maxed out 5* they shouldn't be in the same tier as someone with a full r3 deck. And if they somehow make it to tier level, they should expect to get matched with that person. That's my whole point. Deck strength should never play a part in matchmaking ever.

In AW, different tiers of allys get different multipliers. They tried the current BG matchmaking in AW for one season and it was a disaster. Low allys finished in Masters because they just kept beating other low allys and top allys ended up in Gold because they only faced other top allys.

Any system where a low account can artificially be propelled above a big account, because they avoid playing those accounts, is wrong. This mode should be about skill not matchmaking.

Dragoon81 said:

As these others have tried to explain, if you need to lower your deck to face opponents weaker than you in order to climb up the ladder, then you’re not in the tier you belong. Giving yourself “half a deck” doesn’t make you thee better player. It makes you the player who can’t fight people on your own level.

At this point, you’re choosing not to get it and twisting the narrative to make it sound like you’re the skilled player, you’re not.
    Wrong.

It's crazy to me that you, and may others, think that a Cav should be higher on the VT as a Paragon because Cavs should never face a Paragon. That is just garbage.
  • Wu_Bangerz23Wu_Bangerz23 Posts: 802 ★★★
    I don't personally sb in bags but I don't see the problem with it. If EVERYONE can do it then there isn't an unfair advantage. I know two rights don't make a wrong but having the ability to do what people are complaining about is silly. Either sb yourself or just deal with it......that or kabam simply has to make requirements for different tiers.....once u get into plat it should be no lower than R3 5 stars in your deck.....I mean it wouldn't be hard to implement this
  • Dragoon81 said:

As these others have tried to explain, if you need to lower your deck to face opponents weaker than you in order to climb up the ladder, then you’re not in the tier you belong. Giving yourself “half a deck” doesn’t make you thee better player. It makes you the player who can’t fight people on your own level.

At this point, you’re choosing not to get it and twisting the narrative to make it sound like you’re the skilled player, you’re not.
    Wrong.

It's crazy to me that you, and may others, think that a Cav should be higher on the VT as a Paragon because Cavs should never face a Paragon. That is just garbage.
    I’m not sure where this argument came to play as I never said that. I said if you have to purposefully use half a deck in order to climb the ranks, you don’t deserve to be in the tier you are in.

If a cav has climbed up and shiuld come across a paragon in their tier, then yeah, they should be able to take them and if not then they found their wall. If a paragon on the other hand is crippling their deck so that they fight weaker opponents such as a cav, in order to climb the ranks then yeah, that’s sandbagging and trash.

Point to where I said cavs should be able to climb without having to fight paragons, I can wait. Because all my arguments were for against sandbagging, not people getting an easy ride. It’s a competitive game mode for a reason, fight people of your strength and better.
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,283 ★★★★★

Dragoon81 said:

Wrong.

I’m not sure where this argument came to play as I never said that. I said if you have to purposefully use half a deck in order to climb the ranks, you don’t deserve to be in the tier you are in.

If a cav has climbed up and shiuld come across a paragon in their tier, then yeah, they should be able to take them and if not then they found their wall. If a paragon on the other hand is crippling their deck so that they fight weaker opponents such as a cav, in order to climb the ranks then yeah, that’s sandbagging and trash.

Point to where I said cavs should be able to climb without having to fight paragons, I can wait. Because all my arguments were for against sandbagging, not people getting an easy ride. It’s a competitive game mode for a reason, fight people of your strength and better.
    In a matchmaking system where you get matched based on your BG rating, you are absolutely correct. But in such a system, you really don’t have to resort to SB. In a flawed match making system where you can advance tiers by matching opponents based on deck strength, you are wrong. Whether you field a team of maxed OP 4 stars or deliberately full half your deck with 1 stars to lower your rating, it’s a strategy to get out of lower tiers to a more reasonable point where you can actually compete based on your overall account strength and caliber.
    If there are 100 paragons with equal roster and equal skill facing off against each other, they will roughly have a 50% win rate. How do you think they will get out of bronze 3 in that case? When an uncollected player which is a second account of an established player or just a more skilled first player can beat other uncollected players and advance tiers faster than those paragons.
  • Graves_3 said:

Dragoon81 said:

Wrong.

In a matchmaking system where you get matched based on your BG rating, you are absolutely correct. But in such a system, you really don’t have to resort to SB. In a flawed match making system where you can advance tiers by matching opponents based on deck strength, you are wrong. Whether you field a team of maxed OP 4 stars or deliberately full half your deck with 1 stars to lower your rating, it’s a strategy to get out of lower tiers to a more reasonable point where you can actually compete based on your overall account strength and caliber.
    If there are 100 paragons with equal roster and equal skill facing off against each other, they will roughly have a 50% win rate. How do you think they will get out of bronze 3 in that case? When an uncollected player which is a second account of an established player or just a more skilled first player can beat other uncollected players and advance tiers faster than those paragons.
    See, this here puts it in an actual different perspective and argument and I agree, the way the matchmaking is done to me is flawed and I was never a fan of it. I also understand this is part of the issue of dropping everyone in the same pool and telling them to have at it in order to climb. It would be one thing to me if there was no structure and it was just a free for all up the victory track, but by going off deck strength it just throws everything off and gives to situations like this

Dragoon81 said:

Wrong.

All of your "arguments" are a contradiction.