**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Battlegrounds Season 4 Meta [MERGED THREADS]

Comments

• Options
    ChuckD05ChuckD05 Posts: 173
    The people who complain are always louder. I like it as well.
  • Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,549 ★★★★★
    Rohit_316 said:

Idk if anyone suggested this or not before ...but changing power burn to power drain would still be fine and keep the meta relevant .

That would certainly make it less punishing.
  • Options
    RasenDouglasRasenDouglas Posts: 10
    I'm loving this meta because in addition to making 5-star champions relevant, (my 5-star groot king in this node is worth more than a 6-star Hercules r4), you are forced to think. For example, which enemy champion counters this node? will i banish the ones i don't want to face, or his champions that counter the node?
  • Options
    Too much strategy involved, imo a game needs to be fun to keep one playing, it isn't fun to think more about a game than I do at work 🤦‍♂️😂
  • Options
    FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    Mackey said:

Too much strategy involved, imo a game needs to be fun to keep one playing, it isn't fun to think more about a game than I do at work 🤦‍♂️😂

Then don’t play..
  • Options
    GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    Mackey said:

But the beauty of the way this mode is set up is that you don`t have to. If you do not want to think about it. Just do 3 battles every 2 days. Get some rewards. Maybe win some fights to get some extra rewards.
    There are tons of people who actually do enjoy thinking about a game. I am not one of them. But the creator of this post clearly is. And there are tons more like him/her.
  • Options
    DannyB01DannyB01 Posts: 471 ★★★
    Mackey said:

I'm not a fan of it, big miss for me from kabam.

I look at things as time/effort vs reward. Rewards are the same as always but this meta makes the time/effort put in a lot more than previous seasons. I don't enjoy over thinking on a game, removes the fun aspect which games are designed around.

If I was unemployed and/or had tons of time on my hands, I'd probably feel differently.

I also don't believe it's fair for those with smaller accounts, the content is open to anyone above UC and x level (or something like that). I've always said player 1 should play player 2 if they search at the time regardless of progression but with this meta it puts the lower accounts at an extremely severe disadvantage, no UC player is going to rank up a civil warrior over a kitty are they? Yes they can leave this mode till they're stronger but then what's the point in opening it up for UC+ in the first place 🤷‍♂️.

I'm paragon with a nicely sized roster, I have quite a few counters for this meta but it's just not worth the effort/time for the rewards

The rewards in BGs are so huge though, it’s still the best reward to effort ratio out there imo.

Also, victory track tries to match similar accounts with one another. You won’t find yourself facing those UC players, they’ll be going against (generally) similar roster strengths themselves.

• Options
    DannyB01 said:

Mackey said:

I look at things as time/effort vs reward. Rewards are the same as always but this meta makes the time/effort put in a lot more than previous seasons. I don't enjoy over thinking on a game, removes the fun aspect which games are designed around.

If I was unemployed and/or had tons of time on my hands, I'd probably feel differently.

I also don't believe it's fair for those with smaller accounts, the content is open to anyone above UC and x level (or something like that). I've always said player 1 should play player 2 if they search at the time regardless of progression but with this meta it puts the lower accounts at an extremely severe disadvantage, no UC player is going to rank up a civil warrior over a kitty are they? Yes they can leave this mode till they're stronger but then what's the point in opening it up for UC+ in the first place 🤷‍♂️.

I'm paragon with a nicely sized roster, I have quite a few counters for this meta but it's just not worth the effort/time for the rewards

The rewards in BGs are so huge though, it’s still the best reward to effort ratio out there imo.

Also, victory track tries to match similar accounts with one another. You won’t find yourself facing those UC players, they’ll be going against (generally) similar roster strengths themselves.

Hmmm, last season I faced numerous cav player account in VC 🤔 I seem to recall kabam saying they'd removed that aspect of the matchmaking system
  • Options
    But my point still stands either way, if UC didn't face anything than UC in VT that's fine to an extent but then said person has zero chance in GC should they skilled enough to get through VT
  • Options
    Ideally they need to create "leagues" of some form. Have these "tougher" metas in the top league (paragon and TB) and have easier metas for those who are cav and again for UC, tailored the rewards to suit their respective progressions
  • Options
    DannyB01 said:

Mackey said:

I would disagree with this, the sheer amount of time invested into progressing through victory track is arguably more effort than a full season of War. And you haven't even made it into the "rankings" yet
  • Options
    SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    Same..I ranked up champs for this meta and all of them are playing their part. People are crying about having to rankup “useless” champs for this meta but other than maybe OG Thor who needs high investment most of the champs who are good for this meta will be helpful in future as well. And it’s nice to not worry about opponents Herc for a change.
  • Options
    ChiiccChiicc Posts: 163

o4tg said:

o4tg said:

I don't think you suck, but I also don't think this Meta sucks. It's pretty simple, but you'll have to change your decks to deal with it. You can't just brute force it and expect to win. This Meta is not just affecting you but also your opponent. It's also not just there to negatively impact you; you need to lean into it with defenders that benefit from the node to trip up your opponents too.

Battlegrounds will have Metas that change every season, and they will require you to change your Decks up and invest in a more diverse roster. People with larger and more diverse rosters will have an easier time, as they should in a 1v1 PVP mode.

There are lots of people sharing counters and ideas around the forums. Take a look at some of those for ideas if you need them.

PS. The ones I see as most successful right now are the exact same Champions used in the 1st Meta of Battlegrounds ever with Bulwark and Explosive Personality. Lots of Armor Up champs on defence and lots of Nullifiers and Armor Breakers as attackers. Plus, this time, you can toss in Power Burn immune Champs too.

You’ve had enough trouble getting people to play it per your own words in the past, why make it less appealing?
    That's not true in the slightest. The issue we had today was caused by the fact that we had more people play it than ever before, and we've never had trouble getting people to play it. Where did that information come from?
    The words may have been different, but in the past Kabam has talked about encouraging people to play battlegrounds. That sounds like low participation to me. Kind of like saying “we’ve had more people play it than ever before”.

Don’t take my word for it though. One look around here, social media, and all of the big Line chats paint a pretty clear picture of disappointment. I know you don’t care that majority of your players dislike this round, but less time in game is less revenue for the bean counters.
    This is twisting those words. We've never had a participation problem with Battlegrounds before. We try to "encourage players" to play in lots of modes. We say that all the time.

We also didn't say we're ignoring feedback. In fact, we've been watching it pretty closely, but we're also watching our data and how players are actually putting up with it over time. Again, just like every season, more experienced players have an easier time at the beginning of the season (which is a different problem that needs to be solved).
    “Putting to with it” yet again another game play that those with bigger rosters and can afford to rank for one game play and pay to play benefit. You acknowledge that those with bigger rosters will have an easier time but should say those without don’t stand a chance at all. But like war season teams in bronze being placed with gold1 and 17mill against 80 mill. So I’m not surprised one bit people’s complaints. From bgs to war matchups are severely facked up. People don’t stand a chance in so many aspects of game due to kabam solely. There’s no reason 80 mill g1 pushing plat should be against 17mill bronze and there’s no reason why bgs should be for end gamers or higher people but unable to stand a chance for lower guys. I speak from both sides. I have a mini ally and a 65 mill ally and both get royally facked and the higher ones stand a chance the lower do not. Can you explain why this is happening still? just another thing we got to “put up with” as you say
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    The majority of players don't like anything that asks them to widen their roster as opposed to just ranking general purpose nukes over and over
  • Options
    rcm2017rcm2017 Posts: 572 ★★★
    I am in the victory track. Why am I losing health, the node only says power burn?

Can someone help?
  • Options
    It's one of the main reasons Act 6 was so universally hated outside a very small number of us that saw it as a reason to chase roster diversity. People look at it as "I don't want to rank champs for this one thing now" as opposed to "I should rank champs to cover this situation any time it arises going forward"

While it's somewhat understandable, it's still disappointing that some players refuse to change the way they look at roster building.
  • Options
    NearJrNearJr Posts: 147 ★★
    edited January 2023
    Mackey said:

The "games are supposed to be fun" arguement is getting old real quick. Competitive games are meant to be competitive and competitive people will find that fun and they are better at the game than casuals, for the most part.

You mention you are paragon, but you are most likely a "casual player", hence, you will get paired with other casuals and will get the rewards suited for a casual player.

Why would you get the same rewards as me, when I dedicate more time, more resources, more thought and more strategy than you?

Ishmail Wainright is the lowest paid NBA player at $633k a year, Steph Curry earns $53.8 million a year, I can assure you they both love playing basketball and they both play in the same league. One of them has dedicated more time and is better and gets better rewards.

If you dont have the roster for this meta, go work for that roster. No freebies here, no "unfairness" here. If you want to compete, do your work.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    rcm2017 said:

I am in the victory track. Why am I losing health, the node only says power burn?

Can someone help?

Power burn is literally a type, or probably more accurately a way to do, damage
  • Options
    rcm2017rcm2017 Posts: 572 ★★★

rcm2017 said:

Can someone help?

@Worknprogress Thank you. I was confused. Who are the good attack counters for this chitin charge and power burn node combo?
  • Options
    NearJr said:

Mackey said:

The "games are supposed to be fun" arguement is getting old real quick. Competitive games are meant to be competitive and competitive people will find that fun and they are better at the game than casuals, for the most part.

You mention you are paragon, but you are most likely a "casual player", hence, you will get paired with other casuals and will get the rewards suited for a casual player.

Why would you get the same rewards as me, when I dedicate more time, more resources, more thought and more strategy than you?

Ishmail Wainright is the lowest paid NBA player at $633k a year, Steph Curry earns $53.8 million a year, I can assure you they both love playing basketball and they both play in the same league. One of them has dedicated more time and is better and gets better rewards.

If you dont have the roster for this meta, go work for that roster. No freebies here, no "unfairness" here. If you want to compete, do your work.
    I'm not a casual player, I enjoy competition I live war for example. NBA example is lost on me as I don't follow sports but I do know they play as part of a team and It's not 1v1 right? So that would be more akin to war not BGs. I have the roster for this meta, but its just not worthy of a headache overthinking this that and the other ... I save that for the endgame content which should be that way but this isn't end game content is it?
  • Options
    rcm2017 said:

rcm2017 said:

Can someone help?

@Worknprogress Thank you. I was confused. Who are the good attack counters for this chitin charge and power burn node combo?
    Any armor break, nullify, fate seal, stagger, or AAR champs. Neutralize will be easier to use when hit me I dare you is updated next week to reset the counter to zero instead of staying at 10
  • Options
    Skydad23Skydad23 Posts: 539 ★★★

now prestige search... made high prestige for alliance missions and other characters were weak. In the end, everyone gets caught with 4/55 when I have 4 of them ... Now, in order to play BG, it's better not to pump prestige characters.

Absolutely this is another part of why they’re turning this game mode into a joke. It’s absolutely non-beneficial to rank up your Champions and give them high prestige if you’d like this game mode.

• Options
    Overall, if you're happy with it then great have at it, if you're not then don't play it ... its that simple. The post asked for some insight and I gave my opinion on it. No need to dissect every last word and have a counter argument to it 👍
  • Options
    That's outside the obvious power burn immune champs as well. There are more options than lots of people seem to think but it definitely does require some specific deck building or ranking champs you may not already have ranked.
  • Options
    AkkiiAkkii Posts: 4
    I'm a seasoned player @Kabam Miike Celestial being and Ancient one per titles.
    I don't usually complain, but this Meta of BG is really not much fun. Other than mentioned issues, have to just keep doing dex and Parry until the timer ends in every fight, to avoid armour damage. Making it really boring and slow.
  • Options
    Ansh_A said:

Kabam should introduce:
    1. Landing a heavy attack removed all chitin charges
    2. Armor ups are reduced to 10 seconds.

100% this