**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Battlegrounds Season 4 Meta [MERGED THREADS]

Comments

• Options
    ThiartcThiartc Posts: 276 ★★
    edited January 2023
    Lets just call it the pause time out meta. 15 k for full health will get you there 99% of the time
  • Options
    KlippKlipp Posts: 198 ★★
    Thiartc said:

Lets just call it the pause time out method. 15 k for full health will get you there 99% of the time

Honestly seems like loading out your deck with great defense and doing this on offense might be the trick lol

• Options
    CederCeder Posts: 668 ★★★
    heirDEZ said:

Ceder said:

WOW LMFAOO I literally did this exact poll earlier this afternoon and got barked at with warning via ‘rule 10 infringement of forum rules’ by miike 😂.

Were you that guy on Reddit? I made this poll ,cause I saw that post about you not actually wanting "honestly"😂 (according to Mike atleast)
  • Options
    heirDEZheirDEZ Posts: 136 ★★
    Ceder said:

heirDEZ said:

Ceder said:

Were you that guy on Reddit? I made this poll ,cause I saw that post about you not actually wanting "honestly"😂 (according to Mike atleast)

• Options
    DJMNHDJMNH Posts: 721 ★★★

It’s been less then 12 hrs, the ones who voted no likely get a console game, beat it on the easiest setting day one and don’t bother with the higher difficulties.

You're making it out like there's something to figure out we don't already know. Between the rng of a draft, the limited counters and an opposing player banning and working against you the effective counters are limited enough to remove the fun from it. Sure some people solely find the challenge itself fun, for the other 80% not so much.
    Bro these are some players who showoff unnecessarily here and fake boast a lot. No point replying then, they are self eccentric.
  • Options
    It's doable, but most importantly it's annoying. Really not enjoying it at all. Reached gold 1 somehow to be honest. I hope they bring in change
  • Options

I don't think you suck, but I also don't think this Meta sucks. It's pretty simple, but you'll have to change your decks to deal with it. You can't just brute force it and expect to win. This Meta is not just affecting you but also your opponent. It's also not just there to negatively impact you; you need to lean into it with defenders that benefit from the node to trip up your opponents too.

Battlegrounds will have Metas that change every season, and they will require you to change your Decks up and invest in a more diverse roster. People with larger and more diverse rosters will have an easier time, as they should in a 1v1 PVP mode.

There are lots of people sharing counters and ideas around the forums. Take a look at some of those for ideas if you need them.

PS. The ones I see as most successful right now are the exact same Champions used in the 1st Meta of Battlegrounds ever with Bulwark and Explosive Personality. Lots of Armor Up champs on defence and lots of Nullifiers and Armor Breakers as attackers. Plus, this time, you can toss in Power Burn immune Champs too.

Not everyone has stacked decks most of the fresh Uncollected/Cav Players are getting destroyed by Vets because their rosters are not nearly as developed to counter such specific nodes that is pretty much a guarantee loss if you don’t have a counter.

o4tg said:

o4tg said:

I don't think you suck, but I also don't think this Meta sucks. It's pretty simple, but you'll have to change your decks to deal with it. You can't just brute force it and expect to win. This Meta is not just affecting you but also your opponent. It's also not just there to negatively impact you; you need to lean into it with defenders that benefit from the node to trip up your opponents too.

Battlegrounds will have Metas that change every season, and they will require you to change your Decks up and invest in a more diverse roster. People with larger and more diverse rosters will have an easier time, as they should in a 1v1 PVP mode.

There are lots of people sharing counters and ideas around the forums. Take a look at some of those for ideas if you need them.

PS. The ones I see as most successful right now are the exact same Champions used in the 1st Meta of Battlegrounds ever with Bulwark and Explosive Personality. Lots of Armor Up champs on defence and lots of Nullifiers and Armor Breakers as attackers. Plus, this time, you can toss in Power Burn immune Champs too.

You’ve had enough trouble getting people to play it per your own words in the past, why make it less appealing?
    That's not true in the slightest. The issue we had today was caused by the fact that we had more people play it than ever before, and we've never had trouble getting people to play it. Where did that information come from?
    The words may have been different, but in the past Kabam has talked about encouraging people to play battlegrounds. That sounds like low participation to me. Kind of like saying “we’ve had more people play it than ever before”.

Don’t take my word for it though. One look around here, social media, and all of the big Line chats paint a pretty clear picture of disappointment. I know you don’t care that majority of your players dislike this round, but less time in game is less revenue for the bean counters.
    This is twisting those words. We've never had a participation problem with Battlegrounds before. We try to "encourage players" to play in lots of modes. We say that all the time.

We also didn't say we're ignoring feedback. In fact, we've been watching it pretty closely, but we're also watching our data and how players are actually putting up with it over time. Again, just like every season, more experienced players have an easier time at the beginning of the season (which is a different problem that needs to be solved).

Amount of disagree on your comments are some real feedback. I hope you work on it and make BG worth
    DJMNH said:

Investing in diverse roaster doesnt come for free. Most of your champ for example Thor Org isn't great, who will benifit a lot in this BG, but you can't expect many of us to r5 or R2/r3 him just for the worse BG meta.

Agree or Disagree but this BG isn't worth it.

• Options
    BizaaroBizaaro Posts: 338 ★★
    Players are pausing game to get more points..it's not a healthy for gaming
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 7,043 Guardian
    edited January 2023
    Honestly the only change that needs to happen is remove the chitin node. This'll make it similar to last season where you wanted defenders with buffs that can utilize the node while not making most champions completely useless offensively.

Or change the power burn to power drain.

That's my 2 cents about this meta.
  • Options
    PemulaPemula Posts: 60
    I like this new meta
  • Options
    MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,160 ★★★
    It’s a ridiculous meta. No fun to not be able to fight a fight. Hit me I dare you should have been added at the second stage. Not climbing the ladder. Static defense is ok to work towards climbing the ladder, but to have both at the same time in the first stages really makes for in enjoyable fights.
  • Options
    Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,391 ★★★★★
    The worse thing is the draft RNG , you can either get too lucky or too unlucky , and this meta is restrictive af so bad RNG will defo make you lose. BG is already a very frustrating game mode and adding restrictive nodes in Victory Track was defo not a grt decision .
  • Options
    DukenpukeDukenpuke Posts: 658 ★★★
    Will you get banned for joining with 1*/2* champs and losing on purpose to get the 600 "participation" trophies every 48 hours?

Asking for a friend.
  • Options
    Kappa2gKappa2g Posts: 276 ★★★
    The issue here isn't creating a bg meta that is relatively restrictive and specific, its making it the meta node for all 4 weeks of a season. Players who don't have the roster for this are short out of luck for the entire battlegrounds season.

Proposal: Going forward split the victory track into 2 metas/node sets, each 2 weeks. The first 2 weeks can be something niche or experimental, the last 2 weeks would be a more generic meta to allow more players ample opportunity to complete the victory track
  • Options
    XFREEDOMXXFREEDOMX Posts: 516 ★★★
    Dukenpuke said:

Will you get banned for joining with 1*/2* champs and losing on purpose to get the 600 "participation" trophies every 48 hours?

Asking for a friend.

No! You are not breaking any rule! Objective says “ complete 3 games” it did not say “complete 3 games with you best effort”. Lol
  • Options
    As @Kabam Miike mentioned one should have vast roster, but he forgot that upgrading doesn't come for free. I would never spend any resources on champs like Original Thor, as they are trash, and Kabam is taking too much time to upgrade old champs, this is the reason majority of people are eyeing to upgrade new champs or infact get one.

Agree or disagree games are for fun and stress relief, not give stress to players. If Kabam wants to grow they have to take into consideration new gen players and F2P players too and not just old and big whales.

I read some people are making fun of people who are facing issues, instead of helping them, please don't create toxic atmosphere here by boasting your skills, instead help them or let the game spread equality through skills

• Options
    Dragonking732Dragonking732 Posts: 3
    edited January 2023
    Kappa2g said:

The issue here isn't creating a bg meta that is relatively restrictive and specific, its making it the meta node for all 4 weeks of a season. Players who don't have the roster for this are short out of luck for the entire battlegrounds season.

Proposal: Going forward split the victory track into 2 metas/node sets, each 2 weeks. The first 2 weeks can be something niche or experimental, the last 2 weeks would be a more generic meta to allow more players ample opportunity to complete the victory track

Or just literally change the nodes. This is a disaster for anyone with less than a top tier roster. I literally won over 2/3 of my rounds by going full defense and timing out every round.
    (for the record this meta is so awful it made me come on here and post for the first time in 5 years of playing this game)
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,477 ★★★★★
    xTURKISHx said:

If I remember correctly, the Bulwark meta had an armor break immunity node… So it was not about the champs that the players had (armor break champs) but about the skilled playstyle (win without hitting opponent’s block)…

This time it’s different… It’s less about skill, but rather the roster… I personally don’t like this approach.
    Yes and no. Champs that gained Armor Ups on their Own (being struck or otherwise) were the top Defenders for that Season, so you still had to play around it.
    Dude seriously you need to understand the frustration that we're feeling rn, this meta IT'S NOT about skill, not even close....if you don't have a counter for the node you will die while attacking the opponent, how is that even fun? how is that based on skill? Yes many people have at least one champ that can nullify the armor or break but that's not the point, the node sucks because either you use a specific counter for the node or you will die '-' that's insane
    This node needs to be changed.
    It would be much better if the armor up didnt last 30 seconds..maybe 6 7 secs..then it could be a little more about skill..

Im even getting destroyed by defenders that dont naturally gain armor ups..

I will say that longshot and duped kitty pride have been my 2 best attackers out side of the obvious ones like venom, kg, medusa, vp, htd.
    Yes 30 seconds is way too long. I’ve missed staggers, neutralize or armor breaks with the right counters and still lose cause it’s near impossible to wait 30 seconds not to hit them or screw up evading them. Hmm I could see 10 seconds long armor up and that would allow skilled players to work around it but still be restrictive.
  • Options
    SoyBoySoyBoy Posts: 17

I suck at the game and I don’t like the new nodes I can’t win plllllssssss change the nodes pppppllllllllsssssssssssss

Power burn immune champs helps you or maybe nullify immune champs like say
    black widow CV or galan