**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Battlegrounds Season 4 Meta [MERGED THREADS]

Comments

• Options
    xjdalegendxxjdalegendx Posts: 41
    edited January 2023
    Here’s my take on it, I’m cool about the power burn and stuff. I just think they should tweak it just a bit so the charges can reset if you do a heavy or an intercept. Tigra and Rintrah don’t work on this meta. Why? Because neutralize is useless in this meta. It requires player aggression (which can lead to a lot more mistakes) and the charges don’t reset when they hit 10. So if you get to 10 and the ai gets very defensive and they gain an armor up Tigra and Rintrah are screwed. It’s a very interesting meta and I like it, I just think to make it more enjoyable those tweaks should be added.
  • Options
    FalconiFalconi Posts: 230 ★★
    edited January 2023
    I'm F2P, but i always always find the meta of BG challange if it's easy it's still a challenge if it's hard it's STILL A CHALLENGE to win. Don't whine and Get good. If your few r4-r3 champs are useless then bring r2 who can be good counter to this meta. It's A GREAT META. I love it. Only winning matters but not if you are a modder that's a different thing before somebody throws it at my face here. Only Winning matters just pause the fight if u think 15000 pts is enough to win
  • Options
    BabyMiikeBabyMiike Posts: 1,147 ★★★★
    Ansh_A said:

Can we please add a heavy attack to remove chitin charge option? If that gets added, at least the skill component goes up. There are some match ups that are impossible. No one wants to face Colossus, Nimrod etc. who gain multiple armor ups and then some more with the chitin charge.

Use Magento
  • Options
    Grinder0514Grinder0514 Posts: 1
    There's no purpose to battlegrounds with this ridiculous node. Galan is a cheat code and the power burn is absolutely ridiculous. I've played some non enjoyable content before but this takes the cake lol. What a disappointment for this newer game mode. No point in even playing it. Sucks too because the rewards are handy
  • Options
    Moha84Moha84 Posts: 102
    Kabam should remove pause option , it really ruin the mode
  • Options
    Ansh_AAnsh_A Posts: 504 ★★★
    Magneto doesnt work against Nimrod.

Also, you cant keep using Magneto for all 3 rounds. Hence my suggestion to Kabam in introducing a heavy attack removes 5 chitin charge node. That way, champs like Professor X, Hyperion, Hercules, etc which use a lot of heavy for ramp up will be relevant in the meta as attackers.

• Options
    Carnage313Carnage313 Posts: 359 ★★★
    Leave it to kabaam to take something good and completely ruin it
  • Options
    Skydad23Skydad23 Posts: 539 ★★★
    Yes, sad but true one just like this got taken down!
  • Options
    GhosturdGhosturd Posts: 32

I'm TB with five r3s and this is my match history, honestly kabam should just put debuff immune with polka dot power as nodes it'll be much more easier
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,979 ★★★★★
    Ansh_A said:

@ Minderu.

This poll is not technically against the rules. Plus the hate for this meta is widespread. Kabam will have a difficult task containing the anti- meta boards that come up for this BG.

The author of the other poll was warned by the mods, so it is against the rules or at least their interpretation and application of them.
  • Options
    GladsGlads Posts: 397 ★★★
    Some people will agree others won't, that's fine. While there are a few champs that are great in battle grounds and general content others aren't. Unless you are willing to spend resources for a 4 week event and those champs will never have any use you're not in the game.
    The other aspect is so many niche champs, for these specific nodes which have use outside of BG which only 3 or 4 people in my alliance actually have, because of drop rates it's impossible to compete.
    Kabam, forget the rubbish champs u have created, buffed and still not used and champs which have no general use and move on.
  • Options
    Shadow_ShooterShadow_Shooter Posts: 270 ★★★
    This was the worst, no-fun meta I have ever seen. I REALLY wonder who sits down and decides this would be a good idea. I really wonder if Kabam actually wants to alienate their players.

It is not the same thing playing BG because you’re trying to get bi daily objectives OR because you find it fun to play! The latter will bring more players, the prior will tire your players out, eventually.
  • Options
    Ansh_A said:

Magneto doesnt work against Nimrod.

Also, you cant keep using Magneto for all 3 rounds. Hence my suggestion to Kabam in introducing a heavy attack removes 5 chitin charge node. That way, champs like Professor X, Hyperion, Hercules, etc which use a lot of heavy for ramp up will be relevant in the meta as attackers.

Then use namor BWCV doom, ghost rider, hood or Scarlett witch (OG)
  • Options
    ManbatnManbatn Posts: 65
    Yeah I agree with you, this one sucks. I am already bored with it. Hopefully next season they will do one that allows you to use more than a couple champs.
  • Options
    Thanks BabyMike, seeing as i dont have any of those champs as 5* or 6* and i am not about to bring 4*s into BG, maybe you can convince Kabam to give those champs to all players as 6*s for free. If not, then maybe stop giving suggestions.
  • Options
    Ansh_A said:

Thanks BabyMike, seeing as i dont have any of those champs as 5* or 6* and i am not about to bring 4*s into BG, maybe you can convince Kabam to give those champs to all players as 6*s for free. If not, then maybe stop giving suggestions.

Then only use 4* champs I think you forgot that nothing is restricting you going in with only a 4* roster you would match up with people with similar decks :)
  • Options
    thewass1980thewass1980 Posts: 151
    Honestly, Kabam needs to get rid of the pausing ability in BG. It's being widely abused (and has been in past seasons) but now even moreso than before. What's its point other than to game the system in order to win? This reminds me of the whole Corvus in AQ situation.
  • Options
    UnyonfaceUnyonface Posts: 520 ★★★
    This season of BG is hot garbage. Take the fun out of the one game mode everyone was looking forward to, thanks Kabam….
  • Options
    FalconiFalconi Posts: 230 ★★
    Jwagg said:

FiiNCH said:

Kbugii said:

It’s unplayable to me. I was excited for bg to come back but I’ll go spend my time watching a movie instead. My opponents and I are just fighting to see who dies last from power burn. 4 straight matches where it’s like this. Ill pass

You should try using a viable counter first before you cry off
    You could try not being a Kabam shill too
    Usually I'm with player base about any problem they face, but i don't think if you DONT HAVE SKILL u can pass up in BG this time, even with big roster players will have hard time passing through. I love this meta, i will loose some matches but i always love the challenge BG is still mostly skill. Playerbase is totally aloof about how my R2 6* gonna win a fight because he has advantage then let's say r4 HERC lol if we both are attacking certain champ. Just git good 😊
  • Options
    ManbatnManbatn Posts: 65
    Minderu said:

Be careful someone already made a poll like this and it got taken down by kabam mike the mods are morally bankrupt. Literally 1984

Very much so! Would be nice for them to change the nodes since a lot people hate them.
  • Options
    Haha dont worry about me BabyMike, i may not have the right attackers but my tech lineup is the strongest class that i have. Got all the top 10 tech champs except Guardian as a 6* r2 or 5* r5 with my limited roster.