**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Battlegrounds Season 4 Meta [MERGED THREADS]

Comments

• MackeyMackey Posts: 1,548 ★★★★★

NearJr said:

Again, this is a competitive mode. If you want to compete, you pretty much have to go all in.

If you want to "live your life" or play a "fun" mode, go do arenas, EQ, SQ, Story and incursions.

Half of those you can only do once a month and the others don't occupy you for very long
    To add further to this, the competition starts in Gladiator Circuit as that is where the rankings start and ultimately where you get the seasonal rewards for said rankings. Struggling to see what competitive about Victory Track
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,916 ★★★★★
    IMO, they need to also take out the loss of a token in the VT. Either that or 2 tokens for a win and 1 for a loss. As of now, a loss feels about twice as bad as a win because you have to win two in a row to get back to where you were.
  • JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,204 ★★★★

IMO, they need to also take out the loss of a token in the VT. Either that or 2 tokens for a win and 1 for a loss. As of now, a loss feels about twice as bad as a win because you have to win two in a row to get back to where you were.

No lol, I hope they dont do that, that would feel like getting rewards for free
  • NearJrNearJr Posts: 147 ★★
    Mackey said:

NearJr said:

Again, this is a competitive mode. If you want to compete, you pretty much have to go all in.

If you want to "live your life" or play a "fun" mode, go do arenas, EQ, SQ, Story and incursions.

Half of those you can only do once a month and the others don't occupy you for very long
    To add further to this, the competition starts in Gladiator Circuit as that is where the rankings start and ultimately where you get the seasonal rewards for said rankings. Struggling to see what competitive about Victory Track
    Wrong again, VT is the regular season and GC is the playoffs. Both are competitive.
  • spidyjedi84spidyjedi84 Posts: 261 ★★

For those who like it, what's your prestige/total hero rating?

I'm guessing you're not fighting 15.8k+ only matches.

10.8k Prestige, overall hero rating 1.897 million. Have a deep roster of decent 5 and some pretty top 6 stars to pull from to try this meta. Matches if I lose in this meta are over faster, period, as long as I'm not encountering anyone hitting the pause to run out the clock that many of you recommend. Other metas I can wait for upwards of a minute/minute and a half for my opponent if I had a bad draw to finish. This meta, we're done roughly the same time frame from most matches. For me, that's a win.

Climbing the ladder is always frustrating at the beginning of any BG season, but we also had a ton of resources gifted to us at the end of last BG that means I have 20 some matches Kabam has paid for to try and get to the silver tiers if I can.

I have been back and forth on Battlegrounds in the past, but this meta rewards deeper rosters and those who play arena probably have some of the top champs leveled because they're the same problematic people you've encountered in arenas, just wwith some added ways to make the fights a little more challenging. It's not a meta for everyone, and if more people are dropping out because it's no fun, hey better rewards for those of us who power through it in the long run.
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,378 ★★★★★
    Xyrolucky said:

Now we can only use way too specific champs to last even 1min into the fight...

T
    TyEdge said:

In any given battlegrounds meta, you can attribute success to different factors. The broadest categories are skill, roster depth, deck building, drafting (choosing your 7 and deploying them during the match), and luck (who you draw as an opponent and what cards you pull).

I feel like this meta gives an outsized piece of the pie to roster depth because the nodes are so powerful that skill can’t overcome them. When a meta is so restrictive that I’ve leaving 6-star r4 champs out of my deck for max 5-stars, something seems off.

Also, this is a meta where the zero-sum nature of medals feels even more discouraging than usual. Imagine the following slightly different scenario - two medals for a win, minus one for a loss. Any level that takes two medals now takes three. Three medal levels take five. Five medal levels now take seven.

“Win loss win” would be enough to move past a bronze level. Winning 3/4 or 4/6 gets you through other levels before a finale that’s still tough.

It’s disheartening when you get dropped in a match you know you’re gonna lose, because it feels like you lose that match AND the win before it that you worked hard to grind out.

These Node combinations are great for one week in a Gladiator Circuit… but not for a whole month in the Victory Track. People who have the roster are being insensitive to those who lack the roster. The fact of the matter is it’s very disappointing that I want to not play BG as much this season because of how restrictive this meta is. What makes it worse is how RNG dependent your drafts are. If me and my opponent both have Galan and Hulking and the opponent drafts them but I don’t - it’s safe to say I’ve lost. It’s ridiculous. And I don’t think the devs have thought enough about this.
    NearJr said:

Mackey said:

NearJr said:

Wrong again, VT is the regular season and GC is the playoffs. Both are competitive.
    NearJr said:

Mackey said:

NearJr said:

So there is a leaderboard for rankings in Victory Track .... I must of missed that .... season rewards for Victory Track... must of missed that one too. Glad circuit doesn't give rewards at the end of the season for where you placed? Surely I didn't miss that one too ... surely 🤔
    NearJr said:

Mackey said:

NearJr said:

NearJr said:

Mackey said:

NearJr said:

So there is a leaderboard for rankings in Victory Track .... I must of missed that .... season rewards for Victory Track... must of missed that one too. Glad circuit doesn't give rewards at the end of the season for where you placed? Surely I didn't miss that one too ... surely 🤔
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    Also not loving this rounds nodes, but I just simply won’t play.

The rewards simply don’t promote ranking up champs just for potentially 28 days usage.
  • Skydad23Skydad23 Posts: 539 ★★★
    edited January 2023
    Any which way anyone tries to spin this there’s no way this game mode was designed for top-tier players to not even be able to get kills in a match on a regular basis. I have a 3 1/2 million hero rating fighting against similar rosters and maybe one in 10 fights from either of us gets a kill that’s just plain stupid. And when you tap on that the fact that bugs are back very bad again, and AI is bonkers in this game mode. All these factors strip the fun out of it. The only people having fun are elite, skilled players, or people with extremely deep rosters in normally it’s a combination of both. I can’t imagine this game mode was made for 1% of the player base.
  • KingsamKingsam Posts: 109
    Why is it that this battle ground is so horrible? I’m being beat by people just getting in around 10-20 hits and pausing the game till the clock runs out. How is this skill based? This needs to be looked at asap!
  • RealWizardRealWizard Posts: 91
    This meta is designed towards defense. You want to put armor champs and defense, and hope that you can get farther than them
  • 50G50G Posts: 5
    I like it. Change it up.
  • PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    The reason why I clicked no is the nodes are too restrictive even with good counters
  • Marvelfan30Marvelfan30 Posts: 1,151 ★★★★
    Nah you just gotta get good these nodes are awesome
  • heirDEZheirDEZ Posts: 132 ★★
    edited January 2023
    I hear by vote NO
  • PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    I feel this node combination should have been in Gladiator circuit not in victory track. I am currently doing victory track.