Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

Bugged node in SQ?

Comments

• Options
    bizbiz Posts: 16
    Aa will get pass the node on all but havok play combo style till some bleeds on then block for the posion or sp1 to add Nero's.
  • Options
    DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    R_jay0027 said:

Dshu said:

Are these nodes just for level 4 and 5? If they added them to level 3 or below that seems a bit punishing for uncollected players. I've only had time to do level 5 currently.

Started at level 3. Lol. I thought I had finished level 4 and was okay one more to go, but had two more to go
    It's been a rough month for smaller accounts. I see kabam is pushing for more challenging content but one missed intercept will mean a lost champ on the side quest. That just seems wrong for developing accounts.
  • Options
    cur53dcur53d Posts: 289 ★★
    Doesn't work at all. Nice job
  • Options
    thewass1980thewass1980 Posts: 151
    Commenting to stay in the loop on this-- already did the easier path, waiting for an answer from Kabam until I try the noded path.
  • Options
    Jkw634Jkw634 Posts: 284 ★★
    edited February 2023
    It’s def broken. First attempt easily beat storm and second fight. Sinister started wiping out my champs could not get protection off. Restarted now can’t beat storm protection won’t drop.
  • Options
    Sachhyam257Sachhyam257 Posts: 987 ★★★★
    edited February 2023
    The ai just walks forward sometimes which baits me into dashing in. Honestly lads, just use shang chi/qs/silver centurion/ any champ with easy access to slow, for the fights. Silver centurion specifically, is perfect for the havok matchup.
  • Options
    IiIooIiIIiIooIiI Posts: 12
    Slow must be applied when you knock the defender down for protection to be removed. -I suspect there is an ‘order of operations’ issue here, the protection removal should trigger first but it’s currently 2nd.

- I think the intention was to have to fight an unstoppable defender while the protection is down. It makes sense, that would be a reasonable but challenging node.

- AI is too passive when unstoppable. Not sure why. Regardless how the nodes were intended, this is annoying. If this was fixed it would be much easier.

- intercepts seem off. I thought it was me for a bit but there was a fight I couldn’t connect a single intercept (which I can do very well). Every single intercept failed.

- sorcerer supreme was my MVP. Galan, Scorpion (his power stings still do decent if not full damage, long fights) Nimrod, and Rintrah were my team.

- you need a counter for the Havok fight.

I was able to get it down after many tries. I spent a lot of potions trying. I actually spent no items on the run I completed it, but spent a nice chunk of resources on previous attempts.

That havok is mean.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

The ai just walks forward sometimes which baits me into dashing in. Honestly lads, just use shang chi/qs/silver centurion/ any champ with easy access to slow, for the fights. Silver centurion specifically, is perfect for the havok matchup.

I did it itemless without champs with slow, but it was a pain in the ass lol.
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 4,082 ★★★★★
    DOT bypasses it, I just played normally with Nick, trying not to knock them down
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    edited February 2023
    IiIooIiI said:

Slow must be applied when you knock the defender down for protection to be removed. -I suspect there is an ‘order of operations’ issue here, the protection removal should trigger first but it’s currently 2nd.

- I think the intention was to have to fight an unstoppable defender while the protection is down. It makes sense, that would be a reasonable but challenging node.

- AI is too passive when unstoppable. Not sure why. Regardless how the nodes were intended, this is annoying. If this was fixed it would be much easier.

- intercepts seem off. I thought it was me for a bit but there was a fight I couldn’t connect a single intercept (which I can do very well). Every single intercept failed.

- sorcerer supreme was my MVP. Galan, Scorpion (his power stings still do decent if not full damage, long fights) Nimrod, and Rintrah were my team.

I was able to get it down after many tries. I spent a lot of potions trying. I actually spent no items on the run I completed it, but spent a nice chunk of resources on previous attempts.

That havok is mean.

I used an all mutant team for the objective on the non noded path. Probably not the best class to use for the path but I wanted AA for Mojo. AA melts him. For the noded path I used Nimrod, Guardian, Hercules, Knull and AA. Didn't use any items but I hated the node. I also had trouble intercepting but mostly because the AI doesn't play ball and loves to light intercept.
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,072 ★★★★★
    i didn't run into any trouble with it especially with the all Science team with She Hulk and QS. against the Skill champs on that lane, I just intercepted to get the passive Slow on them. i didn't pay much attention to if the protection was bugged .. didn't seem like it was to me ... it went off whenever I expected it to after knocking them down.
  • Options
    Luke2323Luke2323 Posts: 48
    Champs with slow on heavy work reliably here and make this path much easier.

I found that silver centurion (great for sinister and havok) and scorpion (with toad for slow debuff + venom for extra damage) made it nice and easy.
  • Options
    Paul_Paul_ Posts: 19
    edited February 2023
    It is a bug based on the description.
    The way to do it 2 options:

1)
    -knock oponnent down
    -dash back and find the right moment (specially against Sinister) and do light or medium...
    -parry and knock the opponent down.
    NOW is the time to smash the raves to pieces! XD

2) take AA
    Do 1). Then parry/ Heavy on and on and place Nerotoxines. While opponent under toxcication it will not restart again so you can bleed deffender 👏😉👍😁 Happy playing!
  • Options
    RustyoneilRustyoneil Posts: 186 ★★
    edited February 2023
    IiIooIiI said:

That havok is mean.

It literally Freaking says to knock down the defender to remove the protection. Not that you have to intercept, steal the unstoppable and knock them down again. And that is only working 50% of the time. I understand that they’re going to be unstoppable, that’s a different node altogether. For the protection node, it should be knock them down period. This node is broken.
  • Options
    Savage123456789Savage123456789 Posts: 651 ★★★
    I think people are overthinking this. The node seems bugged. But how it works right now is that knocking down the opponent only triggers one of the nodes. So you need 2 knockdowns to remove protection. First knockdown triggers unstoppable node. Even if you intercept after the first knockdown, protection still remains until the second knockdown. Special attacks don’t count for intercepts, but count for triggering the knockdown nodes. But the sp3 only interacts with the unstoppable knockdown. Doesn’t seem to interact with protection as far as I have seen it on my end. Having a slow already on the opponent seems to disable the unstoppable node and you remove protection right away from just one knockdown. At least that’s how I have seen the nodes work on my end. Interesting though, even though class disadvantage affects slow debuffs, it does not affect the slow from the node. Imagine my surprise when I placed a slow passive on daredevil using my ibom
  • Options
    mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★

IiIooIiI said:

That havok is mean.

It literally Freaking says to knock down the defender to remove the protection. Not that you have to intercept, steal the unstoppable and knock them down again. And that is only working 50% of the time. I understand that they’re going to be unstoppable, that’s a different node altogether. For the protection node, it should be knock them down period. This node is broken.
    50% of the time, it works every time

• Options
    CaptainaidenCaptainaiden Posts: 803 ★★★
    To remove the proctection, you need to slow them then knockdown

Weird interaction, and with passive ai, it hard to do, also the node suppose not behave like that , also when i fighting storm at level 3, when i heavy storm, the protection gone and she not gain any unstoppable
  • Options
    ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,171 ★★★★★
    Dragon Man spam SP1 especially when they’re in the corner worked great for this whole path
  • Options
    Lil_DraKulaLil_DraKula Posts: 29
    That path is horrible and all bugged fr, hoping kabam would look into it and update it or something
  • Options
    Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,739 ★★★★
    edited February 2023
    Nimrod for mutant and Black Cat with Domino synergy for all the other fights. BC prevents the unstoppable from every happening.