**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
**KNOWN BG ISSUE**
We are aware of an issue with the seeding for the beginning of the BG season.
We are adding rewards to higher progression brackets to offset the additional grind.
More information here.
**Arcade is being extra tricky with his Murder Box...**
It appears Arcade has been non-cooperative in his approach to this month's side quest and presented his clues in a nonsensical order. Lucky you, Summoners, we have our best and brightest on the case and those clues should now be a lot more straightforward. While messing around in Arcade's files we came across a phrase, highlighted and bolded, with sparkles and pointy arrows: "the abode for the dead" ... Maybe that will help you along the way!
Options

Bugged node in SQ?

Comments

• Options
    mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    edited February 2023
    JHVS123 said:

JHVS123 said:

JHVS123 said:

They move things to bugs and ask us to not spam the board with this stuff but we are left with no answers or updates for unacceptable amounts of time. What choice do we have? The best I can tell this issue has been forgotten.

Well really the choice is to do the content or skip it. It's really up to each of us to decide for ourselves if rewards for doing it it outweigh the annoyances of doing it.
    We have the choice to do all sorts of distasteful things or not for good reason or not. That really has nothing to do with this discussion. Of course we can do that but it would be easier to swallow if we were told we have no choice but to run it as is and not just left hanging. Having the choice to do it doesn’t have anything to do with the issue at hand and sure isn’t a solution. We had that choice from the start.
    Please tell me what other choice there is? The question I was responding to was "What choice do we have?" which made this part of the discussion.

Doing it means you accepted that you are going to do the content knowing it is broken and you feel the rewards are worth it.

Not doing it means you do not find the rewards for doing the content worth doing at this time.

If Kabam decides to do something about it, you then are presented similar choices.

Again, irrelevant. The “what choice do we have” argument as in regards to making multiple threads on the same topic on the board. Because folks are looking for answers to the question of when or if it can be fixed, not asking if they can “just do the content as is”. Since this started we could have “just done it anyway” but here we are discussing the issue and seeing what may be done about it on the Kabam board. What possible help does “you could just do it or not” have in a big report update thread? The choice we have is to get some information from Kabam before we decide to waste resources on an option we had from the minute the content dropped. But we need an update to make that decision more easy to make.
    Is "Get some information from Kabam?" really a choice you have? That is Kabam's choice.

Just like if there's going to be a fix is Kabam's choice.

Just like it's your choice to respond to me when I was answering someone else about what choices we have.

Obviously you don't find it irrelevant or you would have just ignored it.

I'm not saying don't ask here for updates either. I'd like to know if they are going to actually fix the nodes, or if they are going to ignore it till the quest expires.

I've also made my choice, which is not to do level 5 noded path.

If Kabam fixes it, then I'll reevaluate my choice.

Also keeping posts going here is helping prevent it from falling off the main bugs and known issues page.
  • Options
    JHVS123JHVS123 Posts: 32

JHVS123 said:

JHVS123 said:

JHVS123 said:

They move things to bugs and ask us to not spam the board with this stuff but we are left with no answers or updates for unacceptable amounts of time. What choice do we have? The best I can tell this issue has been forgotten.

Well really the choice is to do the content or skip it. It's really up to each of us to decide for ourselves if rewards for doing it it outweigh the annoyances of doing it.
    We have the choice to do all sorts of distasteful things or not for good reason or not. That really has nothing to do with this discussion. Of course we can do that but it would be easier to swallow if we were told we have no choice but to run it as is and not just left hanging. Having the choice to do it doesn’t have anything to do with the issue at hand and sure isn’t a solution. We had that choice from the start.
    Please tell me what other choice there is? The question I was responding to was "What choice do we have?" which made this part of the discussion.

Doing it means you accepted that you are going to do the content knowing it is broken and you feel the rewards are worth it.

Not doing it means you do not find the rewards for doing the content worth doing at this time.

If Kabam decides to do something about it, you then are presented similar choices.

Again, irrelevant. The “what choice do we have” argument as in regards to making multiple threads on the same topic on the board. Because folks are looking for answers to the question of when or if it can be fixed, not asking if they can “just do the content as is”. Since this started we could have “just done it anyway” but here we are discussing the issue and seeing what may be done about it on the Kabam board. What possible help does “you could just do it or not” have in a big report update thread? The choice we have is to get some information from Kabam before we decide to waste resources on an option we had from the minute the content dropped. But we need an update to make that decision more easy to make.
    Is "Get some information from Kabam?" really a choice you have? That is Kabam's choice.

Just like if there's going to be a fix is Kabam's choice.

Just like it's your choice to respond to me when I was answering someone else about what choices we have.

Obviously you don't find it irrelevant or you would have just ignored it.

I'm not saying don't ask here for updates either. I'd like to know if they are going to actually fix the nodes, or if they are going to ignore it till the quest expires.

I've also made my choice, which is not to do level 5 noded path.

If Kabam fixes it, then I'll reevaluate my choice.

Also keeping posts going here is helping prevent it from falling off the main bugs and known issues page.
    Yes we have a choice to seek information from Kabam. Dude, that is the entire point of this forum. SMH. Anyway, carry on. In related issues my dog chose to play in the rain this afternoon. Just thought you would want to know.
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    The_nutz said:

GrimXYZ said:

I was able to get through this without much trouble.

I used guillotine 2099 for sinister and havok and never knock them down. It actually didnt take too long to ramp up and kill them. Silver centurion and she hulk for the rest: parry heavy will apply slow and everything works the way it should.

No one cares if you done it with a certain champ. This is not the question, if we all had every certain champion 6* r4> none of this content would be a problem. The problem is that there is a glaring problem or lie on the node, Kabam admits its a "bug" and here we are no fix. Guarantee if the "bug" allowed players to exploit and gain resource it would be shut down and fixed immediately.
    The champion didnt really matter...
    Yeah the description of the node is terrible..
    It doesnt work as described...
    But u can figure it out and do it with any champ...
    Heavy, intercept, heavy...
    There is people all over the place calling it a bug, asking even for compensation🤣
  • Options
    Lil_DraKulaLil_DraKula Posts: 29
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey everyone,

Following up on this:

The game team has found the issue and has a fix for it planned for later today!

Any updates on this jax? It’s been almost two days now since you’ve said this and there isn’t any fix yet
  • Options
    The_nutzThe_nutz Posts: 20
    Coppin said:

The_nutz said:

GrimXYZ said:

I was able to get through this without much trouble.

I used guillotine 2099 for sinister and havok and never knock them down. It actually didnt take too long to ramp up and kill them. Silver centurion and she hulk for the rest: parry heavy will apply slow and everything works the way it should.

No one cares if you done it with a certain champ. This is not the question, if we all had every certain champion 6* r4> none of this content would be a problem. The problem is that there is a glaring problem or lie on the node, Kabam admits its a "bug" and here we are no fix. Guarantee if the "bug" allowed players to exploit and gain resource it would be shut down and fixed immediately.
    The champion didnt really matter...
    Yeah the description of the node is terrible..
    It doesnt work as described...
    But u can figure it out and do it with any champ...
    There is people all over the place calling it a bug, asking even for compensation🤣
    It's not about whether you can do it or not, yes everyone has worked out what needs to be done.
    It's the fact the node is a complete lie, the moral of the story It's wrong they have admitted it is wrong, but nothing's done. kabams 🤷‍♂️ oh well. Compensation is irrelevant, correction is what we want, either drop protection when knocked down or node description say knock down twice for protection.
  • Options
    Efflux1990Efflux1990 Posts: 54
    Any updates on this bug?
  • Options
    Efflux1990Efflux1990 Posts: 54
  • Options
    Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Posts: 921 ★★★★★
    edited February 2023

Any updates on this bug?

They aren’t going to fix it is my guess. When they said they had a quick fix and it didn’t happen, game over. Now it’s the weekend and they won’t touch it again.

Poor showing by Kabam. What’s the point of a bug forum if they do zip even about issues they acknowledge?
  • Options

Any updates on this bug?

I'm going with it's not a bug now it's a poorly documented feature
  • Options
    Skydad23Skydad23 Posts: 550 ★★★
    Why no announcement on this officially? Why do we have to search form threads for replies from Kabam? And the reply we did get was it was going to be fixed but it is not and there is only a couple days left. Could we please get an update? Even if it is not going to be fixed an update on, that would be nice. It would let people know that if they need to try to push through the way it is and they should do so.
  • Options

Any updates on this bug?

Thats still a horrible node with a laughably defensive AI that literally makes this two times harder than it already is, i never struggled with intercepting until i tried this path
  • Options

Any updates on this bug?

That Kabam acknowledged as a bug in this very thread and promised a fix.
  • Options
    Okay I couldn’t wait any longer, after a lot of tries the team that worked out the best for me was kitty for the safe intercepts, nimrod for storm and havok, warlock for sinister and s2099 for mojo.

I still think kabam should fix this tho
  • Options
    FoonchFoonch Posts: 6
    Update on fix please. Hurry up!
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,525 ★★★★★
    Foonch said:

The fix seems live.

I just went through Threat level 4 and no issues with Havok. Solo with Warlock - several times I did Heavy to shut off protection, then intercepts (easier said than done, mind you...) to transfer the Unstoppable. No subsequent Heavy required to turn the Protection off again.

So it seems to be okay, now.
  • Options

Foonch said:

The fix seems live.

I just went through Threat level 4 and no issues with Havok. Solo with Warlock - several times I did Heavy to shut off protection, then intercepts (easier said than done, mind you...) to transfer the Unstoppable. No subsequent Heavy required to turn the Protection off again.

Uh… nope. And it’s easy to test, you don’t have to go havoc. Heavy storm, protection stays and she becomes unstoppable. Interecpt, and the protection is still there.

Same as it has always been
  • Options
    FantomaxopFantomaxop Posts: 132 ★★

Foonch said:

The fix seems live.

I have tried both threat lvl 4 and 5 and experienced no difference. Still no removal of protection on heavy, still need to *heavy > intercept > another heavy* to do dmg :(
  • Options
    KLZKLZ Posts: 153 ★★
    edited February 2023
    I completed Threat Level 5 with this team: Sorcerer Supreme and Dragon Man (they both apply slow); Ultron and Warlock (for Havok); and Torch (for the boss). No revives, just some low level boosts..
  • Options
    PicoBpPicoBp Posts: 35
    Okay, I might have figured it out. My theory is:

- when you knock the def down, unstop kicks in first, protection removal second
    - protection removal checks if unstop is active, and only removes itself, if not unstoppable
    - this incorrect order/logic causes the protection removal to fail

How to reproduce:

- use She Hulk, parry+heavy. Slow will disable unstoppable effects, and the protection will go away on first knockdown
    - use Falcon, lock-on and knock down. AAR will prevent unstoppable to activate and the protection will go away on first knockdown.

If you use anyone without AAR or slow, protection will stay on first knockdown due to the incorrect order in the removal logic checks.

The big question is, if we can reverse engineer the logic from playing the game, why can’t those fix it, who created the logic in the first place? It’s just swapping the order of checks, or adding a threshold in the check of when the unstop activated.

——————

For a good team to work around the bug:

- use Gio99 without knockdowns for all mutants, ending with an sp3 to start with a 100 combo.
    - use She Hulk, Crossbones (high sig), Falcon (lock-on) for the other fights
    - Torch, Spidy 2099 for Mojo
  • Options
    PicoBp said:

Okay, I might have figured it out. My theory is:

- when you knock the def down, unstop kicks in first, protection removal second
    - protection removal checks if unstop is active, and only removes itself, if not unstoppable
    - this incorrect order/logic causes the protection removal to fail

How to reproduce:

- use She Hulk, parry+heavy. Slow will disable unstoppable effects, and the protection will go away on first knockdown
    - use Falcon, lock-on and knock down. AAR will prevent unstoppable to activate and the protection will go away on first knockdown.

If you use anyone without AAR or slow, protection will stay on first knockdown due to the incorrect order in the removal logic checks.

The big question is, if we can reverse engineer the logic from playing the game, why can’t those fix it, who created the logic in the first place? It’s just swapping the order of checks, or adding a threshold in the check of when the unstop activated.

——————

For a good team to work around the bug:

- use Gio99 without knockdowns for all mutants, ending with an sp3 to start with a 100 combo.
    - use She Hulk, Crossbones (high sig), Falcon (lock-on) for the other fights
    - Torch, Spidy 2099 for Mojo

I don’t think anyone is saying it can’t be done. YouTube is full of rank 5 solos…. But some of us mere mortals don’t have that counter team. Further… even if we did, Kabam STILL SAID THE NODE WAS BUGGED. This is puzzle that shouldn’t have to be solved.

My concern is this is exactly what Kabam wants… the players who are able drowning out the players not in that position so they can justify not doing what they said they would do.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,525 ★★★★★
    Sorry you're still having trouble @Chuck_Finley and @Fantomaxop

This is kind of weird as I went through with no trouble earlier today and it was genuinely working fine for me.

I've gone in again after your posts and I'm having the same trouble again. Very strange.

Hope they get a fix out soon.
  • Options
    Salve_maker05Salve_maker05 Posts: 407 ★★★
    Also spider ham is really good for the mojo boss
  • Options
    BosleyBosley Posts: 259 ★★★
    Now that it's the weekend don't expect any kind of fix or even a response until Monday. They don't seem to have ANY kind of weekend or off-hours support...... :neutral:
  • Options

Any updates on this bug?

That Kabam acknowledged as a bug in this very thread and promised a fix.
    I've been involved in tech long enough to have learned:

A feature is just a bug with seniority and acceptable documentation, a bug is just a poorly documented feature...
  • Options
    FantomaxopFantomaxop Posts: 132 ★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey everyone,

Following up on this:

We are in february 5 already, would be great to know something new about the bug
  • Options
    7714dtl said:

Kabam Jax said:

Hey everyone,

Following up on this:

We are in february 5 already, would be great to know something new about the bug
    Sorry doesnt work that way.

Kabam did their usual drop broken content on Wednesday. Moderators acnowledge on Thursday then ghost community from Friday through weekend. Kabam employees and moderators take weekend off.

You can expect a resonspe sometime Monday, maybe. Fix maybe late Monday or later. That's if they even bother as event is about to expire.
    Seems to be the case. Maybe we should rename this section “Bugs and known issues - We couldn’t care less.”
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Its not thaaat hard...
    U guys gonna wait for the fix till tuesday and then complain u didnt have enough time to finish it and ask for compensation...
    Yes the description is TERRIBLE, the node is not working as described.. but there are ways around it.