**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Bugged node in SQ?

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    ADDIS0N said:

Just for fun, I fought Havok with an R3 Warlock on level 4 without any knockdowns to see what it might take to do in Level 5 …

I wouldn’t recommend it. :D

I tried it in Level 5. It was not a solo. Lol.
  • Options
    FoonchFoonch Posts: 6
    Yep read and followed the node instructions 100%. Protection should come off after knock down and it just isn’t. There might be ways to do it as stated above but the node should work as stated. Please answer to this issue Kabam. A lot of us waiting to do this path until you have fixed it.
  • Options
    Chief_primeChief_prime Posts: 70 ★★
    I really hope we don't see this node combination in AW, or anywhere else in the game. Coz this was terrible.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,367 ★★★★★
    I'm glad I looked at this thread and decided to back out and take the easy path with a Science team.

Now to do the tricky path with a bunch of mixed Slow champs. Shame I haven't ranked up Silver Centurion for the Havok fight, although his DoT will be pretty gimped anyway. Nimrod it is...
  • Options
    BaraaBaraa Posts: 29
    Baraa said:

I was just playing and there was nothing wrong, I build up special then knock down and intercept without knocking down then use specials and combos and it worked...

Sorry that was wrong because I tried to do it again and it's not working lol😂
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,549 ★★★★★
    Threat Level 2, which only has Make A Stand, is working as described: a knockdown immediately removes protection.

It would seem that the coding of the Newton node needs to be rewritten or its description needs revision to accurately reflect what’s actually going on in game.

It’s all doable without pots or boosts. It’s just not functioning as it say it will.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Agent_7Agent_7 Posts: 182 ★★
    Dshu said:

Are these nodes just for level 4 and 5? If they added them to level 3 or below that seems a bit punishing for uncollected players. I've only had time to do level 5 currently.

It’s on TL3 as well. TL2 has protection without the unstoppable.

• Options
    Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 766 ★★★
    For me... Shang Chi for the non-mutants, She-Hulk for storm, silver centurion for havok, and Sinister... Patience. Can be done itemless... but the sinister fight took like 250 hits. (all of those were R3+)

For someone newly TB or Paragon without an extensive roster... this path would be very painful. I heard about once person effectively hercing his way through it / using l1s, and thinking of it similar to section 1 of EOP, but with much worse rewards.
  • Options
    LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    Honestly Galan was my only answer
  • Options
    _nelynel_nelynel Posts: 33

But in reality just knock down, intercept, knock down, then use you can do damage

not really how "make a stand" works. once the defender is knocked down (heavy) the protection is immediately suppose to go into cooldown how its always been!
  • Options
    ThaLoraxThaLorax Posts: 23
    Definitely bugged. Having the same issue on threat level 3
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,549 ★★★★★
    ADDIS0N said:

DrZola said:

It’s all doable without pots or boosts. It’s just not functioning as it say it will.

Dr. Zola

IF you have the right champs ranked up enough.

I don’t have Nimrod, Apoc, Silver Centurian or Galan in 5 or 6* rarity.

In fact, I don’t have Apoc in ANY rarity.

I think it’s best if we all stop talking about solutions that force people into rankups or talking about champs they don’t have in order to make obviously broken content work and focus on getting Kabam to fix it so it works the way it was written and/or intended.
    100% correct.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    BaraaBaraa Posts: 29
    So I tried again and here's what I did...
    Knock to place unstoppable
    Intercept to steal unstoppable and place slow
    Then knock again while slow is active to remove protection... So far so good and it worked perfectly.. but not everytime even when I intercept while the unstoppable I couldn't be able to have it but placed slow.. so what wrong???
  • Options
    iDestroyerZiDestroyerZ Posts: 660 ★★★★
    edited February 2023
    Apparently the protection doesn't cool down after the opponent gets knock down the very first time, really annoying imo...basically you need to remove the unstoppable and then knock down to remove it
    Is this intention or a bug? Doesn't really make sense cause there's nothing on the node saying that you need to remove the unstoppable first and then knock down the defender
  • Options
    ThaLoraxThaLorax Posts: 23
    This is so glitchy. It seems to work like 30% of the time
  • Options
    __SF____SF__ Posts: 286 ★★
    Nope …. Or ur sitting there after a heavy and get the unstoppable …. I’ve had it where I place a slow and then I have to knock them down and still it doesn’t go on cool down. I DO NOT HAVE UNLIMITED revives and potions to to complete this. Very annoying !!
  • Options
    Drake2078Drake2078 Posts: 901 ★★★
    Moderators may we please get an update. There is now less than 6 days left on this side quest.
  • Options
    mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    ADDIS0N said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

IF you have the right champs ranked up enough.

I don’t have Nimrod, Apoc, Silver Centurian or Galan in 5 or 6* rarity.

In fact, I don’t have Apoc in ANY rarity.

I think it’s best if we all stop talking about solutions that force people into rankups or talking about champs they don’t have in order to make obviously broken content work and focus on getting Kabam to fix it so it works the way it was written and/or intended.
    This assumes that this was not intended.... both in the writing and how it was implemented.

• Options
    evilKINGwilsonevilKINGwilson Posts: 212

You cannot slow mutants. There’s a reason most of that path is mutant opponents.

Mutants can't get a slow debuff ? I'm confused.
  • Options
    Hoping for one of the nodes to possibly get changed. Allowing the unstoppable to be removed with heavy or special attack intercepts as well would already be great
  • Options
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey everyone,

Following up on this:

The game team has found the issue and has a fix for it planned for later today!

right... so incoming description update....
  • Options
    Bosley said:

How can they argue that the game is tested adequately before content is released when these kinds of bugs slip though the cracks on what seems like a monthly basis?

Again, we're making an assumption when something this glaring happens, that it was not intentional.