**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Drive to a Million Facebook Likes!

Comments

• Options
    ApacheApache Posts: 558 ★★
    We aren’t making it and I’m ok with this
  • Options
    RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    Sometimes it feels like we are an experiment! And someone at Kabam is using us for a Doctoral thesis...
  • Options
    KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    This milestone makes no sense. Should have been to spend a million dollars in 3 weeks. We would have hit that milestone.
  • Options
    Batty_NumppoBatty_Numppo Posts: 288 ★★★
    sbb75 wrote: »
    This is such a strange business model. As much as I would like rewards I cant vote beforehand. I don't think Kabam deserves the benefit of the doubt that this promo will not require us to spend money.

Most of the time people ask for likes if you are happy with a product or service. Never heard of customers being penalized or not rewarded because of not liking them.

If the 1 million is not reached it has 0% to do with the customers and is on Kabam 100%.
    Kabam, Come up with something new or a promotion FIRST, then ask us if we liked it to let you know so you can do more...
    Or Kabam needs to do a better job of getting new players and retaining them.

Please tell me how the lack of entirely bonus content and its rewards is somehow a penalty.
  • Options
    TheBaldAvengerTheBaldAvenger Posts: 255 ★★
    I have facebook, and I refuse to click "like" until Kabam does something worth liking. But every time I start to adjust to the new version of game-reality, something changes and screws up whatever it was I had been aiming for. I don't care about rewards for facebook likes, regardless of the rewards. I won't click "like" until the game is stable, consistent, and reliable.

This I believe is called cutting off your nose to spite your face.
  • Options
    KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    Crine60 wrote: »
    I have facebook, and I refuse to click "like" until Kabam does something worth liking. But every time I start to adjust to the new version of game-reality, something changes and screws up whatever it was I had been aiming for. I don't care about rewards for facebook likes, regardless of the rewards. I won't click "like" until the game is stable, consistent, and reliable.

This I believe is called cutting off your nose to spite your face.

No, it is called having principles.

Often, these are 2 sides of the same coin.
  • Options
    AliabAliab Posts: 138
    I’m sure you guys have an answer already. There’s no way we get nothing if we don’t get 1m likes by dec4. You’re pushing your fan base to vote for you when you have still not even fixed the issue with blocking. You continually release fake bait LOL videos so people spend to get a champ then only to say the character was bugged. The game is more bugged than ever. And everyone is complaining about war yet you refuse to fix it! Your update was clearly just designed for you to make money and remove the aspect of skill so congratulations on ruining another part of your game. With all these players, if you fixed the game, don’t you think we would have helped you more to reach those milestones? How about you actually listen to what we are saying.
  • Options
    superunknown012superunknown012 Posts: 413 ★★
    Under a week left - only at 819,740 - still need another 180,260.

Not looking good folks.
  • Options
    To be fair most people that play don’t have a Facebook account so I don’t understand why they would use such an old site. At least make an Instagram account or something and then it can also be linked to Facebook! They would get a lot more likes that way.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    They need to use a social media site that is more current. Their announcements are short anyway, switch to instagram. Post a fancy picture or short video then link to YouTube page or forums for full versions of the snippets. For people that work in tech they’re pretty slow lol. Your marketing department is welcome for that free consultation @Kabam Miike
  • Options
    MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    Aliab wrote: »
    I’m sure you guys have an answer already. There’s no way we get nothing if we don’t get 1m likes by dec4. You’re pushing your fan base to vote for you when you have still not even fixed the issue with blocking. You continually release fake bait LOL videos so people spend to get a champ then only to say the character was bugged. The game is more bugged than ever. And everyone is complaining about war yet you refuse to fix it! Your update was clearly just designed for you to make money and remove the aspect of skill so congratulations on ruining another part of your game. With all these players, if you fixed the game, don’t you think we would have helped you more to reach those milestones? How about you actually listen to what we are saying.

Did you get a two-for-one deal on tin foil hats?
  • Options
    LightvayneLightvayne Posts: 510 ★★★
    How about you actually listen to what we are saying.
    I’ve been around these forums for a while. If you payed attention to some of the nonsense complaints and requests that come out of the mouths of some of the people here, I wouldn’t listen or take anyone seriously myself either.

Not saying there aren’t legit issues or complaints, but with a player base that is mostly in their teens to early 20’s and feel they need free compensation for every tiny little thing that happens, you have to watch what you listen too.

Take a look at the Cyber Monday discussion thread that has like 300-ish posts. That is like 1% of their player base. Hardly a dent and I’m sure there are plenty of people that were buying and were just happy with the offers.
  • Options
    New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    Same here I didn’t like them

Let’s be honest. How many times has the community asked for something and they don’t give it?

Cyber Monday we asked for generic or pick a 5* awakening. What do they give us?

So why should I like ?
  • Options
    DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,875 ★★★★★
    To be fair most people that play don’t have a Facebook account so I don’t understand why they would use such an old site. At least make an Instagram account or something and then it can also be linked to Facebook! They would get a lot more likes that way.

Facebook is an old site but still the main social media site I would say, that and twitter
  • Options
    caligarelinquocaligarelinquo Posts: 218
    MarzGroove wrote: »
    K1lltastic wrote: »
    people don't like being duped.

If I was duped, I would have an awesome signature ability.

heh heh, nice
  • Options
    sbb75sbb75 Posts: 208
    sbb75 wrote: »
    This is such a strange business model. As much as I would like rewards I cant vote beforehand. I don't think Kabam deserves the benefit of the doubt that this promo will not require us to spend money.

Most of the time people ask for likes if you are happy with a product or service. Never heard of customers being penalized or not rewarded because of not liking them.

If the 1 million is not reached it has 0% to do with the customers and is on Kabam 100%.
    Kabam, Come up with something new or a promotion FIRST, then ask us if we liked it to let you know so you can do more...
    Or Kabam needs to do a better job of getting new players and retaining them.

Please tell me how the lack of entirely bonus content and its rewards is somehow a penalty.

Kabam could have left it as thank you for 750K. We hope to reach 1mil and show our appreciation to our summoners. Done!

Instead Kabam listed something they will give only if a task is done and before a deadline. If this doesn't get completing you get nothing.

Dangling a reward in front of your face and then pulling it back is pretty bad. Kabam is responsible for getting 249,999 likes and you're just 1.
    I consider that being penalized.
  • Options
    K1lltasticK1lltastic Posts: 674 ★★★
    Unless a highly suspicious number of likes suddenly appear in the next few days (like bot generators or something) we are guaranteed to lose. Which means Kabam has successfully pissed off a huge portion if the fanbase by giving unreasonable deadlines.

At the same time about 100K people have demonstrated which characters are most loved and hated in a poll. Which mean we can expect our favorite champs to be nerfed over the next few months.
    So basically we we all duped into confirming which champs are actually useful vs trash while clutching at a unreasonable goal.

Well done Kabam. You win again.
    Evidently the glitches, AW ****, and terrible offers weren't enough for you.

First of all, we don't know what will happen if we don't reach goal. There is a possibility they will run them regardless. Not to give false hope, just pointing out that it's possible. Secondly, they do not nerf Champs based on popularity or any other factor commented on the Forum. They don't bait conversations to nerf Champs. That's just not a thing.

I dunno, based on previous experience, I'd say his presumption about the outcome much closer matches Kabam's track record than your own.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Unless a highly suspicious number of likes suddenly appear in the next few days (like bot generators or something) we are guaranteed to lose. Which means Kabam has successfully pissed off a huge portion if the fanbase by giving unreasonable deadlines.

At the same time about 100K people have demonstrated which characters are most loved and hated in a poll. Which mean we can expect our favorite champs to be nerfed over the next few months.
    So basically we we all duped into confirming which champs are actually useful vs trash while clutching at a unreasonable goal.

First of all, we don't know what will happen if we don't reach goal. There is a possibility they will run them regardless. Not to give false hope, just pointing out that it's possible. Secondly, they do not nerf Champs based on popularity or any other factor commented on the Forum. They don't bait conversations to nerf Champs. That's just not a thing.

I dunno, based on previous experience, I'd say his presumption about the outcome much closer matches Kabam's track record than your own.

The nerfs during 12.0 weren't the result of conversations on the Forum. They had their own data and reasons for them. It certainly wasn't because people said they liked them in discussions. There is no risk of talking about Champs.
  • Options
    K1lltasticK1lltastic Posts: 674 ★★★
    edited November 2017

The nerfs during 12.0 weren't the result of conversations on the Forum. They had their own data and reasons for them. It certainly wasn't because people said they liked them in discussions. There is no risk of talking about Champs.

Their track record also includes how they treat their customers. You may say there is the chance that they'll just give the crystals anyways after the date hits, while, I doubt they will, based on their previous actions. The nerfs that happened as a result of 12.0 really did nothing to the game, as they released equally, or more overpowered champs directly afterwards, causing a new wave of specific champs needed to complete content, but I didn't mention those, and that's a bit of a red herring to the initial statement I made. There are many more examples, but I know you like to sit around here simply arguing the devils advocate side, so it's really not worth it.

Based on previous experience with Kabam, I stand by my previous statement that his perceived outcome is still going to be closer to the actual outcome than your own. That's all that can be 'argued', so you can wait, just like me, to either be proven right, or wrong.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    I'm saying we can wait to see what happens before we get on the Disappointment Train.