**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Will Mantis get a buff?

Comments

• Options
    Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    Licky said:

Chatter of Forums

I'm a very big fan of your videos, you carried me through act 5 and 6 so I want to apologize for the disagreement we had on the other thread cos you've really helped me out

Your in my top 3 of mcoc YouTubers!

That's really sweet man !!
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,089 ★★★★★
    edited April 2023

It's just going to be a small tweak to Mantis, the kabam could have put in another buff from some old champion.

Between Mantis and both of November's champs, They've got their hands full on tune-ups, so unless there's an issue with either Zemo or Absorbing Man, we should get another OG buff in Aug. 🤞
  • Options
    Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
    edited April 2023
    LOL .. to all those that have said she doesn’t need a buff.. what do you say now that Kabam thinks she needs one?

Do I need to say more??????
  • Options
    RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,772 ★★★★★
    Aw man, Kabam deleted my comment
    Anyway - power to you OP, don’t let anybody on here shut you down
    🍻
  • Options
    ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    edited April 2023

rel="Justin2524">

I bet it won’t get more than 500 views this year. (Without a buff). For real.
    Well you lost this "bet". A bet means you can win or lose something so my request for payment of you losing this bet is NO MORE polls for an entire month from you!

I do agree my total view count on that video is terrible, however, you were wrong so had to point that out.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,671 Guardian

LOL .. to all those that have said she doesn’t need a buff.. what do you say now that Kabam thinks she needs one?

Do I need to say more??????

My understanding was that you believed Mantis had too risky of a playstyle profile. That does not appear to be changing.

Vega's thesis was that Mantis' design suggested to him that she was intended to offer superior performance in shorter fights like BG, and her maximum burst performance was not high enough compared to other top skill attackers to be competitive in that mode. The balancing update seems to be vindicating Vega here, at least to some extent (for example, his test case verses Doom is arguably one of those non-optimal match ups Kabam references).

At the end of the day, its about the journey not the destination. Nobody cares if someone stumbles into randomly guessing Kaban's next move, especially when it comes to "buffs." I can say every champ needs a buff and be right a third of the time. That doesn't make me an Oracle. What matters is not "champ needs a buff" which is vague to the point of meaninglessness. What matters is precisely why you think something needs a buff and in what specific direction that buff should take.

If you think you, Vega, and Kabam are all on the same page, consider this. Vetga seemed to imply that if Mantis was buffed in such a way that she became more of a monster in Gladiator circuit BG matches but remained exactly the same everywhere else in the game, from quests to end game content, that would satisfy his objections. If Kabam agrees with him and makes that sort of change, would that satisfy *you*? Is that what you were asking for all along?
  • Options
    It’s not just OP who is trolling though.

Even KM whose opinion I respect, suggested something directly opposite to what Kabam did. Instead of strengthening Mantis in Science matchups, Kabam said they want to strengthen her in non-optimal matchups.

The real trolls of this thread are people claiming that Mantis doesn’t need a buff, when the data says she does need a buff; albeit in certain matchups.

Even worse are those who are attacking OP without actually owning Mantis or having done prior testing (you can find them on this thread).

Those are the real trolls. OP just stumbled on the right thing by saying the wrong thing.
  • Options
    KingSageThe1stKingSageThe1st Posts: 102
    Mantis is good, definitely doesn’t need a buff, but a lot more underwhelming than many originally thought.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,218 ★★★★★
    Rookiie said:

It’s not just OP who is trolling though.

Have a read for more trolling. https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/321393/should-quicksilver-animation-mechanics-be-made-simpler.
  • Options

For those saying that Mantis receiving a minimal number buff confirms she needed a buff should be reminded that Human Torch, despite already being one of the best science in the game (in preferred matchups) got a buff (to make him slightly better against non preferred matchups).

Torch absolutely did NOT need a buff then but he got one to allow him to get used a bit more in non preferred matchups. This is similar to Mantis getting a minor number increase.

By your standard no champ needs a buff. Like ever.
  • Options

I wanted her to get a tune up, cuz I tested her rigorously. And her matchups were too thin and it felt she needs r4 to become the nuke she was supposed to. I wasn't going to put my r4 mats on her.

But then OP came with the most elaborate, detailed and insightful post asking for buff we have ever seen.

The Post: 💀

It’s not the journey it’s the destination.
  • Options
    CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Posts: 1,109 ★★★★

@Chatterofforums how many of those views come from this bread and how many are from the fact that she’s getting a buff?

The buff was just very recently announced and those views were there before the buff. The views stop after a buff is announced as why learn how to use a champ before their buff, doesn't make sense.

Just admit you were wrong and you lost the bet. Again, I'll accept bet payment in form of no polls for a month from you.
    LOL .. are you really boasting about getting 500 views in a video?

You’re sad.
    And yet you're the one boasting about winning a nonsensical argument on the internet...
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,038 ★★★★★

@Chatterofforums how many of those views come from this bread and how many are from the fact that she’s getting a buff?

The buff was just very recently announced and those views were there before the buff. The views stop after a buff is announced as why learn how to use a champ before their buff, doesn't make sense.

Just admit you were wrong and you lost the bet. Again, I'll accept bet payment in form of no polls for a month from you.

You’re sad.
    Time to move on homie.
  • Options

For those saying that Mantis receiving a minimal number buff confirms she needed a buff should be reminded that Human Torch, despite already being one of the best science in the game (in preferred matchups) got a buff (to make him slightly better against non preferred matchups).

Torch absolutely did NOT need a buff then but he got one to allow him to get used a bit more in non preferred matchups. This is similar to Mantis getting a minor number increase.

THANK YOU.

I wanted to say the same, glad somebody else can actually see that a small change can lead to a huge throughput in performance.
  • Options
    TheWatcher_TheWatcher_ Posts: 153
    edited April 2023

LOL at all those that got it wrong now unhappy that she got a buff just cos I said she needs a buff… lol ..

Kebab buffs a champ, the forum revolts.. you saw it here first folks… can’t make this **** up.

Alright bro, let it go.
  • Options
    SpaceCorpSpaceCorp Posts: 73
    I dont think Mantis needs a buff. She is good as is
  • Options
    ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    edited April 2023

You’re sad.
    Not boasting about 500 views at all, in fact, I clearly stated it was extremely low amount. HOWEVER, you stated that video would not get 500 views during the entire year and it got over 500 views in one month.

I am making it clear that YOU LOST the bet that you made and you lost it bad as you weren't even close in your prediction.

Again, this thread shows undeniable proof that you were WRONG and that you LOST the bet. Stop trying to change the subject or make excuses and own up to the undeniable fact that you were wrong and that you lost the bet.
  • Options
    Manup456Manup456 Posts: 887 ★★★★
    She’s getting the wrong buff and as KT1 said the biggest issue with Mantis is she is a great champ but has a risky play style with no safety net that’s where she needed the buff and why she’s not used as much.
  • Options
    Manup456 said:

She’s getting the wrong buff and as KT1 said the biggest issue with Mantis is she is a great champ but has a risky play style with no safety net that’s where she needed the buff and why she’s not used as much.

We don't even know exactly what they'll do. They've given us very, very little other than they want to touch on her performance in longer fights.
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,741 ★★★★★
    The question everyone should be asking is, why this thread wasn't shut down yet?

OP arguments only with Vega's video. Which is a valid argument by Vega, but I see 0 reason for days-long circular argument here on forums.
  • Options
    ChintokingChintoking Posts: 16
    Axew said:

She’s fine as is. My only wish would be to give her access to slow to helps keep her aggressive against pesky unstoppable/evade opponents.

I agree, I think a passive slow inflicted at 8~10 Mixed emotions would be great. I don’t get why Kabam thinks she should have a damage related buff..

• Options

You’re sad.
    Not boasting about 500 views at all, in fact, I clearly stated it was extremely low amount. HOWEVER, you stated that video would not get 500 views during the entire year and it got over 500 views in one month.

I am making it clear that YOU LOST the bet that you made and you lost it bad as you weren't even close in your prediction.

Again, this thread shows undeniable proof that you were WRONG and that you LOST the bet. Stop trying to change the subject or make excuses and own up to the undeniable fact that you were wrong and that you lost the bet.
    LoL .. so? You trying to get a victory out of your tiny YouTube account and celebrating a 500 views is kinda pathetic don’t you think? You posting the video in this thread to get more views is just sad.

Why don’t you think of ways to make better videos instead of piggy back off of forum threads?
    Bro, you've gotten at least 500 disagrees from this post alone. You're celebrating a "victory" that isn't your victory. This isn't the buff you asked for nor is it what anyone you referenced in this thread, what they asked for.

Time to just stop responding and move on.