**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Will Mantis get a buff?

Comments

• Options
    Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★

ItsDamien said:

Deremus said:

Damage underwhelming? Really

Underwhelming given what you have to do .. it’s like you’ve gotta do a somersault through a spinning hoop to get the same damage Galen gets with a heavy and a sp1 …
    Not all champs are going to be EZ mode. Git Gud.
    It’s not simply about “gitting gud”.

Intercepting champs are risky to use,.. Herc is an exception since he gets immortality.
    You don't have to intercept if you don't want to, think you should actually watch the video instead of thinking you know everything about her which it is apparent you clearly don't.

There are two ways to get her mixed emotions up fairly easily, interceptions only one way. You can build her very easy without a single intercept.

With proper use, I was able to get her 20 mixes emotions in some fights in under 20 seconds and immediately lead to 120k (ish) S2 on just a r2 6*.

If this is too complicated or underwhelming than you have very unrealistic expectations.
    He was doing plenty of intercepting in the video
    Fyi, "he" is me. And that's because I was showing two ways of going about it. The most efficient and quickest way is rotating between the two methods, but that's is far from needed.
    Ok watch Vega’s video and see if you agree with him.
    I literally made an entire how to use Mantis tutorial and step by step, to include rotations, showed how to use Mantis. I took my time to learn Mantis before making this video and believe she is a good champ plenty of use.

The problem is there are some YTers who rush content without properly learning a a champ, or just want click bait or just have unrealistic expectations and those YTers cause information, which is what we are seeing based on your Vega video reference.
    I’m not saying your video wasn’t helpful. You seem to intentionally shift the arguement. You haven’t addressed any of the concerns Vega made in his video.
  • Options

Ignore mantis like you ignored ghost quake tigra quicksilver kitty etc. Let skilled people use them.
    You stick to your galan and burkhulesh

Speak for yourself i use ghost and quake regularly. Less so quake now that she only 5*
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,219 ★★★★★
    Alright!!
    Vega must have taught you how to play ghost and quake then.
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

Ignore mantis like you ignored ghost quake tigra quicksilver kitty etc. Let skilled people use them.

Speak for yourself i use ghost and quake regularly. Less so quake now that she only 5*
    Man I sure hope that Quake is great in this specific nuke meta of Battlegrounds, otherwise she might need a buff too!
  • Options
    ItsDamien said:

Man I sure hope that Quake is great in this specific nuke meta of Battlegrounds, otherwise she might need a buff too!
    Did you even watch the VEGA VIDEO? It was 2 months ago it had nothing to do with the nuke meta.
  • Options
    LoL .. naysayers won’t watch the Vega video but claim this and that.. talk about being ignorant.
  • Options
    PowerOfACandlePowerOfACandle Posts: 334 ★★★
    Skill issue.
  • Options

Skill issue.

Did you even watch Vega’s video? He said the damage isn’t high enough.
  • Options

I am personally in favor of letting Mantis start the fight with 2 bars of power and 20 Mixed Emotion passives.

She most certainly doesn't need a "buff."

One slight tweak I would actually love to see for her, though, is to keep her Tranquilize active while charging her heavy, - and paused during her special attacks.
    Just to strengthen her RPG-intended Science matchups.

Wow are you the REAL karatemike? I’m a big fan!!!!!!
    Haha yes I am - appreciate the love, bud!
  • Options

I am personally in favor of letting Mantis start the fight with 2 bars of power and 20 Mixed Emotion passives.

She most certainly doesn't need a "buff."

One slight tweak I would actually love to see for her, though, is to keep her Tranquilize active while charging her heavy, - and paused during her special attacks.
    Just to strengthen her RPG-intended Science matchups.

Wow are you the REAL karatemike? I’m a big fan!!!!!!
    Haha yes I am - appreciate the love, bud!
    OMG I’m so starstruck right now! Can’t believe I’m talking to a real life celeb!

Gotta say I love how you get real excited using new and even not so good champs.. hehehe..
  • Options

You keep telling people to watch the vega video, but have YOU even tried her out yourself? Have you tried her with optimal rotations or pulled her and relied and the info of vega?

If I’m buying a skateboard would I not take advice from Tony Hawk?
  • Options
    Also she isn’t giving me defense.. or an ability I can’t get from another champ.,

What is her contribution to the contest?
  • Options

You keep telling people to watch the vega video, but have YOU even tried her out yourself? Have you tried her with optimal rotations or pulled her and relied and the info of vega?

Depends, do you know how to skateboard? Because if not then no, I’d go for the cheap one to learn on before I listen to an old legend and by the prob recommend expensive and potentially endorsed skateboard. Also you didn’t answer my questions and deflected it with a weak analogy, so I’m assuming you’ve yet to even try her and you’re here asking for her to be buffed.
  • Options
    PowerOfACandlePowerOfACandle Posts: 334 ★★★
    Skill issue.

Skill issue.

She has very high damage on sp2 with guaranteed crits. Do you want one hit KO damage?
  • Options

Skill issue.

You should check out Vegas early video on Scorpion, he wasn't a fan at all and couldn't think of where he'd ever want to use scorpion... fast forward to now and it's quite the opposite 😉
    Are you saying Mantis has a hidden game changing ability like Scorpio?
  • Options
    Mother_FlerkenMother_Flerken Posts: 508 ★★★

Skill issue.

You should check out Vegas early video on Scorpion, he wasn't a fan at all and couldn't think of where he'd ever want to use scorpion... fast forward to now and it's quite the opposite 😉
    Are you saying Mantis has a hidden game changing ability like Scorpio?
    Nah it's more like understand it's one video and people, especially early on, get it wrong..
  • Options

Depends, do you know how to skateboard? Because if not then no, I’d go for the cheap one to learn on before I listen to an old legend and by the prob recommend expensive and potentially endorsed skateboard. Also you didn’t answer my questions and deflected it with a weak analogy, so I’m assuming you’ve yet to even try her and you’re here asking for her to be buffed.
    Do you not think Tony Hawk would be smart enough to recommend a more user friendly skateboard to a beginner? He’s not a kindergarten teacher, man.
  • Options

Ah yes the good ol' "this content creator said it so it must be true" lol do us all a favor and go try her out yourself, then come back with the results.

I have. It was awful.
  • Options
    Phantomfire500Phantomfire500 Posts: 227 ★★
    edited February 2023
    Pikolu said:

Naysayers watch Vega video before replying to me.

Why do you make posts if you're not even going to consider what the other side says?

Skill champions usual require skill to be good. Mantis has an easy to use rotation that requires a bit of intercepting and easy big yellow numbers. If she was going to get a buff, they wouldn't make her easier to use, they'd just buff the furies from her heavy.
    "Easy to use" and "intercepting" don't really belong in the same sentence.

Simple or fast would probably be more apt.
  • Options
    CosmicGuardianCosmicGuardian Posts: 408 ★★★
    Just because you don’t like a champ or their playstyle doesn’t mean that they are in need of a buff. While I unfortunately don’t have Mantis, it isn’t hard to see the value she brings to the table. She’s quite a simple champ to use, with some very nice damage off the sp2 with guaranteed crits. She provides good control over the opponent’s AI as the first champ to have both infuriate and intimidate, and her tranquilize reduced the ability accuracy of debuffs, especially against science opponents.

To address the video that’s been linked, it only looks at her from a BG attack perspective, and the only fight shown is against Doom. Doom has quite a bit of natural armour, so her damage is going to get reduced in that matchup. Not every champ is going to be great in every game mode, however, there may also be BG metas where she could be a top option. Once again, I don’t think she needs a buff, based on what I’ve seen I think she’s at a good place currently.
  • Options

Did you even watch the VEGA VIDEO?

Who is Vega?
    God of contest?
    Father of champions?
    Mother of dragon?
    Who?
    All of the above obviously.
  • Options
    LOL .. I’ve never seen a bunch of people so strongly against a buff of a champion. Well done! Give yourselves a pat on the back!

I bet you guys are all against the recent announcement of the Shuri and Attuma too right? Where’s the petition to un-buff them?

Buffing champions? Cant have that!!!
  • Options

LOL .. I’ve never seen a bunch of people so strongly against a buff of a champion. Well done! Give yourselves a pat on the back!

I bet you guys are all against the recent announcement of the Shuri and Attuma too right? Where’s the petition to un-buff them?

Buffing champions? Cant have that!!!

If you look at the thread on the forum there actually is a bunch of people disagreeing for the buff of attuma