**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Removal of Revive Farming and the Apothecary Discussion

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,375 ★★★★★
    Mr_West said:

Mr_West said:

Wiredawg1 said:

Wiredawg1 said:

Vydra said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

37v417 said:

What a disgusting money grab. Shame on you, you vultures.

How much are you planning on increasing your spending after this change? Because I wasn't planning on spending more because of this change. How exactly is this going to make money? Who's going to be spending more?
    This is just wrong DNA. Do you not remember before the revive path? In most cases, it was drop an Odin or don't complete the content. This is an awful change.
    I have never spent cash to complete any content in the game. I have no plans to start any time soon.
    Then you have no skin in the game. You don't complete the content that you need revives for so this doesn't affect you.

That's like me, who doesn't play arena, supporting a nerf to units from the milestones because it doesn't affect me.

Very selfish stance.
    I said I don't spend cash to complete content. And neither do the people who farm revives to within an inch of their lives. I *am* the player this change is targeted at, moreso than probably anyone else. The top tier players who farm revives aren't going to be affected all that much: they can still do almost everything. It just might be harder for them to save up the resources. The whales aren't going to blink an eye.

It is players like me who will either be able to do it with farmed resources or probably not at all who have the most skin in the game. We are the players whose game experience will change the most after this change. Most of the players I know who either oppose this change or who dislike it, they are almost all exactly like me, in exactly the same position as me, contemplating a game where top tier content might be drifting out of reach. Players who balanced skill and resource management to make progress in the game.

I have a lot of sympathy for them, because I am them. And anyone who thinks they own the moral high ground to tell me I am not qualified to have an opinion on the matter is free to locate the nearest tree and make for that moral high ground.

That’s your comment from yesterday. If the last piece of content you did was the Maze and you failed and barely did EoP, we have some news for you
    He has more experience from a design perspective than anyone has playing MCOC on here. I don't think it's a reasonable call-out.
    You don’t have any room to speak either. You’re thornebreaker
    Okay, the last I checked, we were talking about Revives being farmed. Not having an Elementary School contest of whose in-game progress is the biggest.
    In actuality, calling people out for progress in the game is a last-ditch effort in a dying debate. It's low-hat.
    No one needs to "pony up" to discuss the issue. That's not how this Forum operates. Further to that, if you were to ask me whose judgment I would trust more for what's best for the game, I'd say the person who has many years of experience on both sides of the game. If I want to know how to make Boeuf Bourguignon, I talk to the Chef. Not the customer who eats it everyday.
    Feedback from users is valuable. It doesn't matter more than the people who have years of extensive knowledge producing this game, or others. If every change that was ever implemented had to pass popular vote, the game wouldn't have lasted 6 months.
    Either way, this mess about calling people out for having views is really juvenile. If you have points to make, use your words. Not your Account.
    Hate to burst your bubble and I will. I have experience on both sides. I also have experience in other games where this exact same tactic that is being done by kabam was pulled on nerfing farm runs for stuff for high end farm runs. Runs that you can’t even phantom. Rubs that take 8-12+ hours to compete. And you know what happened when that company pulled what kabam is? They went out of business within a year. Didn’t even take a year. Was 3 months and the game died. So yea. I actually do know what I am talking about unlike you
    If you have experience on both sides, then you will understand the difference between player ultimatums and design necessity. One most certainly comes before the other. I find it hard to believe your perspective is reminiscent of someone who has worked on the design aspect. If you did, you would understand the requirements of the job are your primary concern, and if something is even mildly exploitable to the point that it puts constrains on months and months of work, that takes precedence over the desire to hoard in preparation for content that's immediately released. Further negating your design and creating more workload. Of course, you know that so I don't need to point that out.
    That’s a terrible argument, they’re not limiting resources. They’re just limiting the free ones.
    They're limiting (reducing) the availability of Resources that were more easily farmable than should be for a Player attacking content designed to be highly challenging. Let's be honest. If it wasn't lucrative enough that people were milking it, we wouldn't see this reaction.

Mr_West said:

Wiredawg1 said:

Wiredawg1 said:

Vydra said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

37v417 said:

How much are you planning on increasing your spending after this change? Because I wasn't planning on spending more because of this change. How exactly is this going to make money? Who's going to be spending more?
    This is just wrong DNA. Do you not remember before the revive path? In most cases, it was drop an Odin or don't complete the content. This is an awful change.
    I have never spent cash to complete any content in the game. I have no plans to start any time soon.
    Then you have no skin in the game. You don't complete the content that you need revives for so this doesn't affect you.

That's like me, who doesn't play arena, supporting a nerf to units from the milestones because it doesn't affect me.

Very selfish stance.
    I said I don't spend cash to complete content. And neither do the people who farm revives to within an inch of their lives. I *am* the player this change is targeted at, moreso than probably anyone else. The top tier players who farm revives aren't going to be affected all that much: they can still do almost everything. It just might be harder for them to save up the resources. The whales aren't going to blink an eye.

It is players like me who will either be able to do it with farmed resources or probably not at all who have the most skin in the game. We are the players whose game experience will change the most after this change. Most of the players I know who either oppose this change or who dislike it, they are almost all exactly like me, in exactly the same position as me, contemplating a game where top tier content might be drifting out of reach. Players who balanced skill and resource management to make progress in the game.

I have a lot of sympathy for them, because I am them. And anyone who thinks they own the moral high ground to tell me I am not qualified to have an opinion on the matter is free to locate the nearest tree and make for that moral high ground.

That’s your comment from yesterday. If the last piece of content you did was the Maze and you failed and barely did EoP, we have some news for you
    He has more experience from a design perspective than anyone has playing MCOC on here. I don't think it's a reasonable call-out.
    Okay, the last I checked, we were talking about Revives being farmed. Not having an Elementary School contest of whose in-game progress is the biggest.
    In actuality, calling people out for progress in the game is a last-ditch effort in a dying debate. It's low-hat.
    No one needs to "pony up" to discuss the issue. That's not how this Forum operates. Further to that, if you were to ask me whose judgment I would trust more for what's best for the game, I'd say the person who has many years of experience on both sides of the game. If I want to know how to make Boeuf Bourguignon, I talk to the Chef. Not the customer who eats it everyday.
    Feedback from users is valuable. It doesn't matter more than the people who have years of extensive knowledge producing this game, or others. If every change that was ever implemented had to pass popular vote, the game wouldn't have lasted 6 months.
    Either way, this mess about calling people out for having views is really juvenile. If you have points to make, use your words. Not your Account.
    Hate to burst your bubble and I will. I have experience on both sides. I also have experience in other games where this exact same tactic that is being done by kabam was pulled on nerfing farm runs for stuff for high end farm runs. Runs that you can’t even phantom. Rubs that take 8-12+ hours to compete. And you know what happened when that company pulled what kabam is? They went out of business within a year. Didn’t even take a year. Was 3 months and the game died. So yea. I actually do know what I am talking about unlike you
    If you have experience on both sides, then you will understand the difference between player ultimatums and design necessity. One most certainly comes before the other. I find it hard to believe your perspective is reminiscent of someone who has worked on the design aspect. If you did, you would understand the requirements of the job are your primary concern, and if something is even mildly exploitable to the point that it puts constrains on months and months of work, that takes precedence over the desire to hoard in preparation for content that's immediately released. Further negating your design and creating more workload. Of course, you know that so I don't need to point that out.
    That’s a terrible argument, they’re not limiting resources. They’re just limiting the free ones.
    They're limiting (reducing) the availability of Resources that were more easily farmable than should be for a Player attacking content designed to be highly challenging. Let's be honest. If it wasn't lucrative enough that people were milking it, we wouldn't see this reaction.
    Lucrative to the players?
    That's what I meant, yes. I'm not feeding this narrative of Kabam vs. Players.
  • Options
    Mr_WestMr_West Posts: 18

Mr_West said:

Mr_West said:

Wiredawg1 said:

Wiredawg1 said:

Vydra said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

37v417 said:

Very selfish stance.

Mr_West said:

Wiredawg1 said:

Wiredawg1 said:

Vydra said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

37v417 said:

Very selfish stance.

Lucrative to the players?
    That's what I meant, yes. I'm not feeding this narrative of Kabam vs. Players.
    It did help offset the cost of doing end game content, but that’s what I’ve been saying.
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

Vydra said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

37v417 said:

Very selfish stance.

The last piece of content I attempted and failed was the Maze. If the last piece of content I attempted was the Maze, then you are using a time machine to talk to me in 2019.

The very next sentence says "if it came and went after that, I completed it at its highest difficulty." That's all the Boss Rushes, all the celebrity challenges, all the special one time quests, the Gauntlet, Summer of Pain, and all of the weekly EoP quests. All points, all milestones, all achievable rewards. The only EoP content I haven't done yet are the permanent EoP objectives, as I mentioned. I don't think that counts as "barely did EoP."
    Did you farm revives to offset spending?
  • Options
    Kratos_charlyKratos_charly Posts: 14
    There is no kabam vs player, it's just their game and they're going to do what they want with it. Users have every right to complain because most of them like this game and they don't want to leave it. but many of us don't want a pay-to-win either and if not there is no choice but to leave the game then no way. In the end, they seem to have many more compliant players, who will simply adapt and always applaud Kabam's decisions, no matter how bad they are.
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

Mr_West said:

DNA3000 said:

Vydra said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

37v417 said:

Very selfish stance.

The last piece of content I attempted and failed was the Maze. If the last piece of content I attempted was the Maze, then you are using a time machine to talk to me in 2019.

The very next sentence says "if it came and went after that, I completed it at its highest difficulty." That's all the Boss Rushes, all the celebrity challenges, all the special one time quests, the Gauntlet, Summer of Pain, and all of the weekly EoP quests. All points, all milestones, all achievable rewards. The only EoP content I haven't done yet are the permanent EoP objectives, as I mentioned. I don't think that counts as "barely did EoP."
    Enough to be able to tell you that the revives in 3.2.6 cost 32.9 energy per revive on average, assuming you use the optimal path strategy, and if you include the energy capturable with the optimum strategy.
    So a lot. Probably more that me. Yet you still think that this isn’t a terrible idea aimed at nothing more than increasing spending? I understand that this is a business and they must remain profitable, but this strikes the wrong note and will end up costing them more than money and the community more than revives.
  • Options
    Mr_West said:

R_jay0027 said:

Wiredawg1 said:

Vydra said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

37v417 said:

Very selfish stance.

Actually that is a false flag argument. The chef can make the best Beef Bourguignon in the world, but it's only worth what people are willing to pay for it. As a Chef I know that you don't necessarily get to do or make the food you would like if no one wants to pay for it.
    Now you are correct this game can do whatever it likes in its own interest. However if it does drive people to spend less and drive away paying customers it will have an impact on everyone.

People stop engaging this guy. He is just trying to get the thread shut down. It happens every time.
    I gave an example of who I would inquire with on how to make it. Not how good it tastes.
    Then the chef comes out and says the fork and knife cost extra. Pick it up and take a bite or pay more for the tools to eat it. Are you going to continue to frequent that establishment?
    That's not what we're looking at here. Revives are still available for zero dollars. What isn't on the "table" is an unlimited supply for a nominal cost of Energy.
  • Options

Mr_West said:

Wiredawg1 said:

Wiredawg1 said:

Vydra said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

37v417 said:

Very selfish stance.

You're missing the fact that the challenging content is challenging regardless of how many revives you use. That's actually the point of the content, is that you have to use dozens and dozens of revives to get through it. If they didn't intend for that then they did a terrible job designing it and need to nerf all of the everest content considerably.

If Kabam really wanted to make challenging content only doable by highly skilled players, they would put a revive cap on that content. They didn't do that. Instead they only limited the amount of revives you can get for free. They literally did nothing to stop people from "spamming revives" to get through difficult content. Now you just have to buy those revives.

It's disingenuous at best and a straight up lie at worst.

Is the revive farm extreme and could it be toned down a little? Sure, absolutely. But the fact that the game is overrun by bugs and modders and the thing they choose to address is to take away free revives from players, and then spout off some completely BS and flawed reasoning for doing it is why people are upset.
    People are upset because it was an easy-breezy way of getting them. I'm sorry if that offends people, but that's really the crux.
    I've been playing for over 7 years. I haven't farmed. Not because I consider myself above it. I just never looked for easier avenues. As long as I've been playing, if I'm attacking a particularly challenging piece of content, I save up as many Pots and Revs as I can muster, AND go in with a certain amount of Units on-hand. That's been the general suggestion for years now.
    No content requires people to spam the lower Acts for Revs. That's just not a thing when it comes to the design of the game, and I'd bet my bottom dollar that no content was designed with that in mind, or the preface that people can just spend ad nauseum *muahahaha*. It takes patience, planning, and forethought. That's it.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,989 Guardian
    Mr_West said:

DNA3000 said:

Mr_West said:

DNA3000 said:

Vydra said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

37v417 said:

Very selfish stance.

Enough to be able to tell you that the revives in 3.2.6 cost 32.9 energy per revive on average, assuming you use the optimal path strategy, and if you include the energy capturable with the optimum strategy.
    So a lot. Probably more that me. Yet you still think that this isn’t a terrible idea aimed at nothing more than increasing spending? I understand that this is a business and they must remain profitable, but this strikes the wrong note and will end up costing them more than money and the community more than revives.
    Opposing this change on principle would go against everything I've ever stated about good game design. So changing my mind just because it impacts me personally would be hypocritical.

I *can* oppose the details, if I discover a problem with the details. But I won't oppose a change the developers make that is clearly (to me) targeted at infinite farming of resources being used in end game content without some really good overriding reason.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,989 Guardian
    Mr_West said:

DNA3000 said:

Mr_West said:

DNA3000 said:

Mr_West said:

DNA3000 said:

Vydra said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

37v417 said:

Very selfish stance.

Opposing this change on principle would go against everything I've ever stated about good game design. So changing my mind just because it impacts me personally would be hypocritical.

I *can* oppose the details, if I discover a problem with the details. But I won't oppose a change the developers make that is clearly (to me) targeted at infinite farming of resources being used in end game content without some really good overriding reason.
    I oppose the details they listed. Do you? The explanation given is clearly not true, and the proposed solution proves that.
    I'm not sure why you believe the provided explanation isn't true, because that exact situation is something I've mentioned more than once on the forums as being a very problematic one. Had you put me in charge of the game economy a year ago, some sort of change would have happened a year ago.

Proposing a solution you like better doesn't prove someone is not sincere in their belief there is a specific problem. I doubt you would accept such reasoning yourself: if you claim there's a problem and propose a solution, and I propose one I like better but you disagree, I couldn't use that fact to prove you were insincere.

As to the specifics, I'm still thinking them over.
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

Mr_West said:

DNA3000 said:

Mr_West said:

DNA3000 said:

Mr_West said:

DNA3000 said:

Vydra said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

37v417 said:

Very selfish stance.

I oppose the details they listed. Do you? The explanation given is clearly not true, and the proposed solution proves that.
    I'm not sure why you believe the provided explanation isn't true, because that exact situation is something I've mentioned more than once on the forums as being a very problematic one. Had you put me in charge of the game economy a year ago, some sort of change would have happened a year ago.

Proposing a solution you like better doesn't prove someone is not sincere in their belief there is a specific problem. I doubt you would accept such reasoning yourself: if you claim there's a problem and propose a solution, and I propose one I like better but you disagree, I couldn't use that fact to prove you were insincere.

As to the specifics, I'm still thinking them over.
    The timeframe for farming free revives/ expiration and storage limits is what makes me say that. Give us the equivalent units everyday and I would change my mind.
  • Options
    krystolixkrystolix Posts: 73
    Soooo what telling us is you guys make extreme content, and expect us to go in with little resources to complete it. The option now being doing a daily quest that MIGHT give us an extra revive. I couldn't care less about the potions. Potions to me are useless. Revives are worth infinitely more and cost lest units (hmmm weird). Would be cool if we had a limit of 50 for items like that. But I doubt that'll happen. BUT HEY!!! We can still BUY infinite revives! So that's good!
This discussion has been closed.