**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Removal of Revive Farming and the Apothecary Discussion

Comments

• H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian

Wiredawg1 said:

Spaec said:

They mentioned they're discussing the Inventory caps, but I think it's worth noting these things aren't exactly a democracy. People express their feelings on it and what I've seen over the years is Kabam does the best they can to accommodate those concerns, as much as their own objectives and goals will allow. From time to time, something is not wanted but necessary. It's not always about what's popularly accepted.

Whatever their objectives are (I will assume it's to make money), they need to achieve them for this to be a success. If this doesn't make them more money then it's a failure. If this is unpopular enough, it will cost them money, not gain them money. It's possible for a gameplay change to be so unpopular that it reduces the money the company makes. This should be obvious. It should also be obvious by now that this idea is unpopular enough to do that.
    Anytime there is something that the Players dub "pro-player", and it's changed, the reasoning is implied that it's somehow financial. I'd be daft to say that monetary value isn't an aspect that goes into these things because the depreciation of their product is a factor. However, when it comes to leaking Resources, there's much more than just making money to consider. The Developers aren't even thinking in terms of dollar signs simply because that's not their wheelhouse. They're considering the overall design aspects and the objectives of existing and future content. Not how to squeeze a few extra dollars from Players. The reasoning is what's been given. It wasn't intended to be an endless supply for late-stage Players, and that puts a strain on the content they can release and meet their objectives.
    Because it is in fact about money dude. We don’t want you farming 100s of revives to mass spam those revives in content. In no way shape or form has kabam said a damn word about people or anyone mass spamming revives they buy with units. So yea it’s about money.

I have yet to see a piece of content that is permanent that demands Players MUST spend to do it. It doesn't exist. It might take saving, it might take forethought, it might take Grinding, and it might take patience. It doesn't take spending as a mandatory requirement.
    Allow me to present you: the "Golden Circle" quest.

You literally have to pay in order to unlock it.
    I said permanent content.
    Technically that is permanent content in a sense but can also be considered temporary content as well.
  • MackeyMackey Posts: 1,547 ★★★★★
    Jefechuta said:

Mackey said:

Jefechuta said:

Mackey said:

many people can dedicate 9 ready?

If only 10 people exploit it then the rest of players will not be affected by the change at all, and 6 hours farming revives is not equal to 20 revives, I got 15 in maybe 2 hours
    Like I just replied to GW ... remove the auto play option then. Simple 🤷‍♂️ lucky you getting 15 in 2 hours, goes to show it can't be relied upon
    That changes absolutely nothing lol, more so, you would farm faster since you would play manually
    So why say that the auto play is the reason 🤔
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Mackey said:

Jefechuta said:

Mackey said:

If only 10 people exploit it then the rest of players will not be affected by the change at all, and 6 hours farming revives is not equal to 20 revives, I got 15 in maybe 2 hours
    Like I just replied to GW ... remove the auto play option then. Simple 🤷‍♂️ lucky you getting 15 in 2 hours, goes to show it can't be relied upon
    What's the difference if the AI is doing it and we're doing it? It's still the exploitation of something intended for newer Players to have a hand with. It takes the same amount of time to Fight as it does to Auto (notwithstanding using Platpool).
    I'm surprised at the lengths people are going to in order to minimize the issue.
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,916 ★★★★★
    Jefechuta said:

Mackey said:

Jefechuta said:

Mackey said:

That changes absolutely nothing lol, more so, you would farm faster since you would play manually
    In theory yes, but in practice no. It would stop you from passively farming when you can't dedicate your full attention to the game. Assuming people have jobs or school, you can easily farm all day at work/class with only having to check back every few min. The amount of time people would dedicate to active farming is much less then what is currently possible now.
    Mackey said:

Mackey said:

Jefechuta said:

Mackey said:

What's the difference if the AI is doing it and we're doing it? It's still the exploitation of something intended for newer Players to have a hand with. It takes the same amount of time to Fight as it does to Auto (notwithstanding using Platpool).
    I'm surprised at the lengths people are going to in order to minimize the issue.
    "when they're clicking auto while they do everything from sit on the toilet to spend time with family?" Its quite clear youre saying the auto feature is the problem from this comment (and previous ones) .... I'm surprised at the lengths you're going to to maximise the issue.
    The problem is people are milking the Revs from Act 3 beyond what the game should give them. That's the issue. We can run in circles but it's yet another thing that has to be adjusted because it's been taken advantage of. That's it.
    Mackey said:

Mackey said:

Mackey said:

Jefechuta said:

Mackey said:

"when they're clicking auto while they do everything from sit on the toilet to spend time with family?" Its quite clear youre saying the auto feature is the problem from this comment (and previous ones) .... I'm surprised at the lengths you're going to to maximise the issue.
    The problem is people are milking the Revs from Act 3 beyond what the game should give them. That's the issue. We can run in circles but it's yet another thing that has to be adjusted because it's been taken advantage of. That's it.
    So another reason at the ready it is then yeah? 👍
    What "another reason"? That's been the reason all along.
    I'd like to know why there is even an auto play option in the early acts, they can't be there for the players who are at that level as they'll just die instantly. So it does beg the question, is the auto play there for the guys who are well past them acts? Can't see any other reason why it'd be there
  • JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,204 ★★★★
    Mackey said:

Jefechuta said:

Mackey said:

Jefechuta said:

Mackey said:

I dont know how said that but that is not the issue at all, the issue is the fact that you can get 100 revives in two days without effort, autoplaying or not, you just have to tap the phone without even watching the screen to get at least 1 revive every 3 runs if the RNG is not super unlucky, each run maybe takes what, 3 min maybe?

1 revive AT LEAST every 9 min; almost 7 revives each hour, so in 6 hours of farming you can get 42 revives.

42 revives in a few hours its an insanity, and at the current state of the game, 20% revive and 40% revive have almost the same value since a single hit from the enemy could kill you at both HP %, so you are getting 1680 Units for 6 hours of effortless play, doesnt matter if its autoplay or you are just taping light attacks while doing other stuff.

In 6 hours of Arena you could get what, 200 units? Depending on RNG on the Arena Crystals?

And Im talking in the worst case scenarios, but you can get 3 revives in a row + Energy refills for more runs. I farmed for an hour when I was trying to do Act 8 exploration with some R1 6* since the nodes were too specific to bring the ones I had ranked up, and I got 12 revives, in 1 hour because I had luck, and I thought about this like, dude, people would prepare themselves for weeks or months to do a good Abyss run, and right now you can do it in less than a week of just farming revives, what the single hell, like right now If I wanted I could use all my energy refills to farm for 2 or 3 days and do a Path which would take me maybe 50 revives or less, but I would have 150 to use, dude, thats completely crazy, and EoP is difficult content that players shouldnt have been able to do the first day, and there are people that did all the carina challenges IN A ROW.

Revive farming will kill the game if it is not removed, Im sorry that it bothers the people, but revive farming makes first of all, the efforst of months of design gone in one day, so what supposed to last for months or a year to keep players entertained is done in 1 month, so again everybody has nothing to do again in the game besides BGs, AQ and AW, Kabam cant keep the game running if they spend 1 year of work in 1 month of content, they just cant, not only about the time it takes you to do the content but the rewards themselves, people right now are getting stuff WAY too fast, and thats something you can see at BGs, people at Thronebreaker and Paragon that dont even know half of the match ups, the drafts, or how to even play properly the nodes, because they got a roster decent enough to play vs a player that has been in game for 8 years, so they will face similar decks but they will lack a ton of experience because the fact that they can get all that rewards in less time, and spamming tons of revives they farmed makes they reach higher than they should, because they dont have the experience you get by really doing the content properly instead of using hundreds of revives.

And not only on BGs but on other content, I see player posts often about "THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE TO DO KABAM".
    Complaining about Act 5 or 6, saying they wasted 50 revives or 100 revives and they are still not able to do the content, and when they post a pic of their roster, you see that its way better than what you have years ago when that content was harder and you had both less champs and less resources.

Revive farming causes too much problems to the game, so I dont think this change will kill the game but make it better, make it a game, where you really have to improve yourself, either your skills, your roster or your resources to be able to go throught content, not just spamming some God Tier champs with tons of revives.

There are more reasons to remove this exploit than to keep it; ideally it should come with bug fixes that make the game playable again but, removing it will balance a lot of things in MCOC.

• gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★

Like the starlord challenge for instance. I don't think it was designed to be a grind and revive challenge,I think it was designed when folks were posting vids of killing big bads with 3 and 4* for fun (and I think* pre sl nerf)

Absolute nonsense you've said here. The starlord challenge was released 4 years after 4* SL nerf. Even before the nerf, people who originally did LOL with 4* starlord spent a ton of revives and potions upwards of 2-3 odins. They had that data before releasing the challenge and still did so. To address the "killing big bads with 3 and 4*", MSD and the rest only showcased singular and non related fights eg Cav EQ bosses. That does not translate to LOL runs being done with 4* champions. In Fact more evidence for the challenge intended to be revive-spammed is the non-allowance of synergy members like guardians of the galaxy like the canadian or inhuman challenge
    Mackey said:

I'd like to know why there is even an auto play option in the early acts, they can't be there for the players who are at that level as they'll just die instantly. So it does beg the question, is the auto play there for the guys who are well past them acts? Can't see any other reason why it'd be there

To explore paths that you didnt explore when you completed the act
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    gohard123 said:

Like the starlord challenge for instance. I don't think it was designed to be a grind and revive challenge,I think it was designed when folks were posting vids of killing big bads with 3 and 4* for fun (and I think* pre sl nerf)

Absolute nonsense you've said here. The starlord challenge was released 4 years after 4* SL nerf. Even before the nerf, people who originally did LOL with 4* starlord spent a ton of revives and potions upwards of 2-3 odins. They had that data before releasing the challenge and still did so. To address the "killing big bads with 3 and 4*", MSD and the rest only showcased singular and non related fights eg Cav EQ bosses. That does not translate to LOL runs being done with 4* champions. In Fact more evidence for the challenge intended to be revive-spammed is the non-allowance of synergy members like guardians of the galaxy like the canadian or inhuman challenge
    I was one of those players that spend 2-3 odins on one lane for LOL. The guy clearly dopesn't know what he's talking about.

Anyways, we not only revive farm but we energy refill farm too which is not being talked about. I don't believe either should be removed. As someone who doesn't have the free time I once had to complete all the monthly quests. Taking away energy refills along with revives will kill the game for me. We should seriously get an announcement soon back tracking this entire issue.
    Jefechuta said:

Mackey said:

Jefechuta said:

Mackey said:

Jefechuta said:

Mackey said:

I dont know how said that but that is not the issue at all, the issue is the fact that you can get 100 revives in two days without effort, autoplaying or not, you just have to tap the phone without even watching the screen to get at least 1 revive every 3 runs if the RNG is not super unlucky, each run maybe takes what, 3 min maybe?

1 revive AT LEAST every 9 min; almost 7 revives each hour, so in 6 hours of farming you can get 42 revives.

42 revives in a few hours its an insanity, and at the current state of the game, 20% revive and 40% revive have almost the same value since a single hit from the enemy could kill you at both HP %, so you are getting 1680 Units for 6 hours of effortless play, doesnt matter if its autoplay or you are just taping light attacks while doing other stuff.

In 6 hours of Arena you could get what, 200 units? Depending on RNG on the Arena Crystals?

And Im talking in the worst case scenarios, but you can get 3 revives in a row + Energy refills for more runs. I farmed for an hour when I was trying to do Act 8 exploration with some R1 6* since the nodes were too specific to bring the ones I had ranked up, and I got 12 revives, in 1 hour because I had luck, and I thought about this like, dude, people would prepare themselves for weeks or months to do a good Abyss run, and right now you can do it in less than a week of just farming revives, what the single hell, like right now If I wanted I could use all my energy refills to farm for 2 or 3 days and do a Path which would take me maybe 50 revives or less, but I would have 150 to use, dude, thats completely crazy, and EoP is difficult content that players shouldnt have been able to do the first day, and there are people that did all the carina challenges IN A ROW.

Revive farming will kill the game if it is not removed, Im sorry that it bothers the people, but revive farming makes first of all, the efforst of months of design gone in one day, so what supposed to last for months or a year to keep players entertained is done in 1 month, so again everybody has nothing to do again in the game besides BGs, AQ and AW, Kabam cant keep the game running if they spend 1 year of work in 1 month of content, they just cant, not only about the time it takes you to do the content but the rewards themselves, people right now are getting stuff WAY too fast, and thats something you can see at BGs, people at Thronebreaker and Paragon that dont even know half of the match ups, the drafts, or how to even play properly the nodes, because they got a roster decent enough to play vs a player that has been in game for 8 years, so they will face similar decks but they will lack a ton of experience because the fact that they can get all that rewards in less time, and spamming tons of revives they farmed makes they reach higher than they should, because they dont have the experience you get by really doing the content properly instead of using hundreds of revives.

And not only on BGs but on other content, I see player posts often about "THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE TO DO KABAM".
    Complaining about Act 5 or 6, saying they wasted 50 revives or 100 revives and they are still not able to do the content, and when they post a pic of their roster, you see that its way better than what you have years ago when that content was harder and you had both less champs and less resources.

Revive farming causes too much problems to the game, so I dont think this change will kill the game but make it better, make it a game, where you really have to improve yourself, either your skills, your roster or your resources to be able to go throught content, not just spamming some God Tier champs with tons of revives.

There are more reasons to remove this exploit than to keep it; ideally it should come with bug fixes that make the game playable again but, removing it will balance a lot of things in MCOC.

Apologies, I believe I got your comments mixed up with someone else 🤣
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,378 ★★★★★
    It’s Friday. Have the developers no response or somewhat of a conclusive decision yet?
    Kiptonade said:

Never ceases to amaze me how many people engage with a forum account with almost 100k disagrees. It’s best left ignored!

Statistically, around 80% of the population has average or bellow capacities/intelligence/IQ or whatever you wanna call it, so its senseless to state that fam, because its way more likely than most of the people are wrong than right, or they are more likely to be wrong than to be right.

He can be wrong, but your statement is absurd, just remember most of the people back then thought the Earth was flat, or that everything rotated around the Earth, and they would punish you if you said otherwise.
  • BocksaroxBocksarox Posts: 329 ★★★
    In it's simplest form, Kabam's post is stating their need to make changes. The reason for that need has been ambiguous, but it is largely irrelevant. I think it's safe to assume Kabam wants players to spend units on revives, and that is their end goal with this change. As players, our end goal by farming is to complete hard content without spending loads of money. No one wants to spend an Odin just to get through one Abyss path or one EOP challenge.

I've been trying to think of solutions that resemble an actual compromise. What if we had the ability to buy 20% revives with units? 20% health isn't enough health to do meaningful damage in many situations. Sure, Herc exists, but it would be fairly easy to create content that is Herc-proof through tags and/or nodes. I feel like DNA touched on this in the "AW Revives for 1 Loyalty" post: players will still need to heal.

Take the Scorpion fight in EOP, for example. In that fight, chances are good that you will eventually take a bust of 50% damage to your overall health. On that same EOP path, 20% health is not good enough against Peni or Thanos' last phase. Beyond EOP, LOL punished for coming in with low health. Some nodes, like Aspect of Nightmares, punish for starting with low health. Those are just examples off the top of my head. Without farmable revives, the current unit cost to do fights where healing is necessary will be too high. However, if we are able to get 20% revives cheap enough (maybe 10-15 units), that cost probably wouldn't feel as bad. If we did have to spend money, for $5, that equates to around ten 20% revives instead of three 40% revives. That seems more reasonable, to me at least. If you are a non spender, you could easily earn a couple revives from the arena in a pinch.

In this scenario, Kabam wins because they have more people spending units on reviving through tough content and the players win by keeping an easily accessible avenue to large amounts of revives when needed.

I'm simply suggesting this to help start a discussion. I don't know if my suggestion is perfect, but it does feel like more of a compromise than what Kabam has offered as an alternative to farming. For my suggestion, I'm assuming Kabam would keep everything they have planned between removing farming AND adding the Apothecary PLUS the addition of 20% revives in the store.

Also, if I were Kabam, I would take this opportunity to overhaul potions and make them all percentage based.
    Mackey said:

Jefechuta said:

Mackey said:

Jefechuta said:

Mackey said:

Jefechuta said:

Mackey said:

No problem fam hahaha, too much comments on this post I guess
    Because farming for 9 hours is just so easy and def wouldn't cost units on refills.

Because farming for 9 hours is just so easy and def wouldn't cost units on refills.

When you have most of the content done, you dont use that much Energy, so you will have refills anyway, and it takes 1 refill to do 3 runs, not even talking about the refills you could get in that runs, so that point is senseless.

And yeah, farming for 9 hours is easy, it just takes time, but the time you use to farm 9 hours is worth it by far because you would get enough revives to do a succesful EoP run

Mackey said:

Mackey said:

Jefechuta said:

Mackey said:

I guess the question though is if you think the appropriate adjustments are included in the kabam post.
    Well, I suppose that depends on how available Kabam wants them to be. A couple things I would consider is increasing the Inventory cap, which they're discussing. I'm not sure I would go so far as 99, as was suggested. Another aspect I think might help is perhaps one guaranteed Rev per EQ Difficulty. Let it spawn once, and that would add to the overall month.

If someone is spending Units on that they're not thinking. 30 Units for an Energy Refill, 40 for a Rev.
    Jefechuta said:

Mackey said:

Jefechuta said:

Mackey said:

Jefechuta said:

Mackey said:

Jefechuta said:

Mackey said:

No problem fam hahaha, too much comments on this post I guess
    Far too many, doesn't help that when you Quote someone you get all their replies to other comments appear in your comment box either lol
    Jefechuta said:

When you have most of the content done, you dont use that much Energy, so you will have refills anyway, and it takes 1 refill to do 3 runs, not even talking about the refills you could get in that runs, so that point is senseless.

And yeah, farming for 9 hours is easy, it just takes time, but the time you use to farm 9 hours is worth it by far because you would get enough revives to do a succesful EoP run
    9 hours of farming is ~90-100 refills. I have literally ALL of the content in the game and never have nearly that many refills in the stash.

If someone is spending Units on that they're not thinking. 30 Units for an Energy Refill, 40 for a Rev.
    So more fool them, no need to change anything then 😉
This discussion has been closed.