**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Removal of Revive Farming and the Apothecary Discussion

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,376 ★★★★★

Mackey said:

Time is money....when people are milking a valuable Resource in the game that's meant to help newer Players? I find that to be a bit ignorant to the actual in-game value of those.
    Also, someone can Grind the Units to do that with 0 dollars. So no one HAS to spend.

So what you're saying is, it's perfectly fine for one to grind area and farm units (let's be fair that's why people grind arena) and spam revives with the units but it's not OK for people to spend the same amount of time farming revives from 3.2.6?

You're going on like we hit 1 button to farm 1 revive in 3.2.6 when in reality it's not that fast. If we can't farm revives by ingame content then we shouldn't be allowed to farm the units in arena
    People actually invest time and energy into the Arena. They play the Fights to win the Units. They don't Auto-Play on repeat.
    Last time I revive farmed it took me 9 hours to farm 50+ revives. MUCH more time to prep for the resources to even begin revive farming. Have you ever revive farmed before? Takes a lot more effort and preparation then just “auto play go brrrrr”.
    50+ Revs in 9 hours of the game. You don't think that is beyond what they intend people to get? I'm also quite positive you weren't staring at the screen for 9 hours. I'm aware of the actual effort it takes to Auto. Click, click, repeat. I can do it while I'm watching TV or in a meeting. The "time and effort" is quite comical to me.
  • Options
    JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,212 ★★★★
    Mackey said:

Man how much time are people spending farming revives? Kabam has probably gone too far in this adjustment, but maybe they saw people spending full days of playing time just running one crappy little story path and want folks to branch out. I mean yeah, money too of course, but when I see "spent 6 hours farming" I'm out.

I suspect they've taken the worst cases and applied that to the whole player base
    Thats possible, but the change is necessary, since a group of players is able to do so, that means the rest of us can do it aswell, so before that happens they have to do something.

If you see
    Mackey said:

Mackey said:

Man how much time are people spending farming revives? Kabam has probably gone too far in this adjustment, but maybe they saw people spending full days of playing time just running one crappy little story path and want folks to branch out. I mean yeah, money too of course, but when I see "spent 6 hours farming" I'm out.

I suspect they've taken the worst cases and applied that to the whole player base
    Lol you
    Mackey said:

Tbf I think you're the one who said you farmed for 6 hours
    Yeah when I couldn't play the game as I had 1 arm lol but even then it yielded approx 20 revives ... not a lot in the grand scheme of things now is it.

6 hours of arena would be much more unbalanced than 20 revives in 6 hours 😂
    The single fact that you think 20 revives is not that much is a very big issue caused by that exploit, and the fact that you think 6 hours of arenas is more unbalanced proves that you never did 6 hours of arenas because thats not that much
  • Options
    Jefechuta said:

Mackey said:

Thats possible, but the change is necessary, since a group of players is able to do so, that means the rest of us can do it aswell, so before that happens they have to do something.

If you see
    Mackey said:

Mackey said:

Lol you
    Mackey said:

Yeah when I couldn't play the game as I had 1 arm lol but even then it yielded approx 20 revives ... not a lot in the grand scheme of things now is it.

The single fact that you think 20 revives is not that much is a very big issue caused by that exploit, and the fact that you think 6 hours of arenas is more unbalanced proves that you never did 6 hours of arenas because thats not that much
    Im a grinder, but saying that 6 hours of arena is not that much....... you really dont have much value for time. 6Hours is doable but is whats pretty much needed every 3 days and i can say it is downright awful
  • Options

Jefechuta said:

Mackey said:

If you see
    Mackey said:

Mackey said:

Lol you
    Mackey said:

Im a grinder, but saying that 6 hours of arena is not that much....... you really dont have much value for time. 6Hours is doable but is whats pretty much needed every 3 days and i can say it is downright awful
    I mean in value terms, is more valuable 6 hours of farming revives than 6 hours of arena fights
  • Options
    SpagNidusSpagNidus Posts: 52
    Here's a thought. To go along with the put a revive cap on Everest content idea. Make it so that you can buy a cap increase with units, then kabam still has the monetization for those that want to brute force it. Those that are skilled will be able to take the challenge presented by doing it with less than X revives. Oh and of course change to % based potions since HP scaling is a thing.
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,351 ★★★★★
    Jefechuta said:

Mackey said:

If you see
    Mackey said:

Mackey said:

Lol you
    Mackey said:

20 revives would last through several weeks of ordinary content and experimentation normally, but if I've only got 1 day with no one bugging me and no projects where I get to sit down for several hours to finish difficult content, 20 isn't that much. Especially if you're trying to complete content where you've heard it will take 1000s of units (on top revives and potions) and you'd rather get low level revives and use quantity over quality.
  • Options
    LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★

How many players does mcoc have that 100k to 300k revives are farmed daily? If revive farming is dead, how do we handle content like Carinas Volume 1 where we’re expected to use 60 to 80 revives using 4*s in LOL???

In a good day, I farm 10-12. 100k seems ludicrous. Since I’m so much lower, the nerf shouldn’t affect me, deal?
  • Options
    Doctorwho13Doctorwho13 Posts: 598 ★★★
    edited March 2023
    OKAYGang said:

@GroundedWisdom said:
    "I have yet to see a piece of content that is permanent that demands Players MUST spend to do it. It doesn't exist. It might take saving, it might take forethought, it might take Grinding, and it might take patience. It doesn't take spending as a mandatory requirement."

I say prove it, let's see those videos of you (or anyone) completing any Carina's challenges with zero items. Put your metaphorical money where your mouth (keyboard) is. With no proof to back up your bland statements, they're nothing more than false assumptions. Peace, and I won't be replying back to you until you provide video evidence of your false claim.

Not to get involved but he meant cash. Not itemless. And specifically to cash he’s right. Plenty of ftp don’t spend dollars.
  • Options
    ChobblyChobbly Posts: 899 ★★★★
    edited March 2023
    It would be really nice if we could get a response before the weekend to head off some of the concerns here. It might help calm some nerves rather than them stewing over the weekend.
  • Options
    SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,548 ★★★★★

Mackey said:

Time is money....when people are milking a valuable Resource in the game that's meant to help newer Players? I find that to be a bit ignorant to the actual in-game value of those.
    Also, someone can Grind the Units to do that with 0 dollars. So no one HAS to spend.

So what you're saying is, it's perfectly fine for one to grind area and farm units (let's be fair that's why people grind arena) and spam revives with the units but it's not OK for people to spend the same amount of time farming revives from 3.2.6?

You're going on like we hit 1 button to farm 1 revive in 3.2.6 when in reality it's not that fast. If we can't farm revives by ingame content then we shouldn't be allowed to farm the units in arena
    People actually invest time and energy into the Arena. They play the Fights to win the Units. They don't Auto-Play on repeat.
    Last time I revive farmed it took me 9 hours to farm 50+ revives. MUCH more time to prep for the resources to even begin revive farming. Have you ever revive farmed before? Takes a lot more effort and preparation then just “auto play go brrrrr”.
    50+ Revs in 9 hours of the game. You don't think that is beyond what they intend people to get? I'm also quite positive you weren't staring at the screen for 9 hours. I'm aware of the actual effort it takes to Auto. Click, click, repeat. I can do it while I'm watching TV or in a meeting. The "time and effort" is quite comical to me.
    I did some math, don't expect it to be really accurate, I work in the arts section, so I hope you will excuse any mistakes:
    In 9 hours you can get approximately 20.790 level 2 revives. It takes around 2 minutes with a bad connection to buy 270 Odins in 9 hours total, each Odin is 77 revives overall.

Now THIS, this is some serious farm spamming. This is an actual problem, yes.
  • Options
    Searmenis said:

Mackey said:

I did some math, don't expect it to be really accurate, I work in the arts section, so I hope you will excuse any mistakes:
    In 9 hours you can get approximately 20.790 level 2 revives. It takes around 2 minutes with a bad connection to buy 270 Odins in 9 hours total, each Odin is 77 revives overall.

How many people can drop 2700 dollars on the game in 2 minutes? How many people can look up a YouTube video and start farming free Revs?
  • Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,597 ★★★★★
    Jefechuta said:

Jefechuta said:

Mackey said:

If you see
    Mackey said:

Mackey said:

Lol you
    Mackey said:

I mean in value terms, is more valuable 6 hours of farming revives than 6 hours of arena fights
    That is subjective. Units are way more valuable to players than revives are
  • Options

Jefechuta said:

Mackey said:

If you see
    Mackey said:

Mackey said:

Lol you
    Mackey said:

20 revives would last through several weeks of ordinary content and experimentation normally, but if I've only got 1 day with no one bugging me and no projects where I get to sit down for several hours to finish difficult content, 20 isn't that much. Especially if you're trying to complete content where you've heard it will take 1000s of units (on top revives and potions) and you'd rather get low level revives and use quantity over quality.
    Yeah but that content is supposed to require A LOT of resources, thats why is the hardest one, but yeah, I stated a few times that without Bugs revives wouldnt be that needed
  • Options

Wiredawg1 said:

Spaec said:

They mentioned they're discussing the Inventory caps, but I think it's worth noting these things aren't exactly a democracy. People express their feelings on it and what I've seen over the years is Kabam does the best they can to accommodate those concerns, as much as their own objectives and goals will allow. From time to time, something is not wanted but necessary. It's not always about what's popularly accepted.

Whatever their objectives are (I will assume it's to make money), they need to achieve them for this to be a success. If this doesn't make them more money then it's a failure. If this is unpopular enough, it will cost them money, not gain them money. It's possible for a gameplay change to be so unpopular that it reduces the money the company makes. This should be obvious. It should also be obvious by now that this idea is unpopular enough to do that.
    Anytime there is something that the Players dub "pro-player", and it's changed, the reasoning is implied that it's somehow financial. I'd be daft to say that monetary value isn't an aspect that goes into these things because the depreciation of their product is a factor. However, when it comes to leaking Resources, there's much more than just making money to consider. The Developers aren't even thinking in terms of dollar signs simply because that's not their wheelhouse. They're considering the overall design aspects and the objectives of existing and future content. Not how to squeeze a few extra dollars from Players. The reasoning is what's been given. It wasn't intended to be an endless supply for late-stage Players, and that puts a strain on the content they can release and meet their objectives.
    Because it is in fact about money dude. We don’t want you farming 100s of revives to mass spam those revives in content. In no way shape or form has kabam said a damn word about people or anyone mass spamming revives they buy with units. So yea it’s about money.

I have yet to see a piece of content that is permanent that demands Players MUST spend to do it. It doesn't exist. It might take saving, it might take forethought, it might take Grinding, and it might take patience. It doesn't take spending as a mandatory requirement.
    Allow me to present you: the "Golden Circle" quest.

You literally have to pay in order to unlock it.
    I said permanent content.
  • Options
    Mackey said:

Jefechuta said:

Jefechuta said:

Mackey said:

If you see
    Mackey said:

Mackey said:

Lol you
    Mackey said:

How many units do you think you get by farming 6 hours? Thats not too much units fam, not at all.
  • Options
    Mackey said:

Searmenis said:

Mackey said:

How many people can drop 2700 dollars on the game in 2 minutes? How many people can look up a YouTube video and start farming free Revs?
    Similarly how many people can dedicate 9 hours to farming?
    When they're clicking Auto while they do everything from sit on the toilet to spend time with family? Anyone who has Champs that can Auto Act 3.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Removed
  • Options
    Mackey said:

many people can dedicate 9 hours to farming?

When they're clicking Auto while they do everything from sit on the toilet to spend time with family? Anyone who has Champs that can Auto Act 3.

At the risk of repeating myself.... remove the auto play option for acts 1-3, I've said this to you directly 3 times now but each time you seem to disregard it. Removal of auto play will solve that problem right? Or do you have another excuse at the ready?

If only 10 people exploit it then the rest of players will not be affected by the change at all, and 6 hours farming revives is not equal to 20 revives, I got 15 in maybe 2 hours
  • Options
    edited March 2023

Mackey said:

Searmenis said:

Mackey said:

Similarly how many people can dedicate 9 hours to farming?
    At the risk of repeating myself.... remove the auto play option for acts 1-3, I've said this to you directly 3 times now but each time you seem to disregard it. Removal of auto play will solve that problem right? Or do you have another excuse at the ready?

Regardless, it still takes 9 hours to dedicate to doing
  • Options
    GMAX77 said:

Much of the discussion that I've heard, read, and viewed bring up the point that the overuse of revieves is a problem. In theory wouldn't this problem still be an issue if someone made the choice to buy 100 revives (rather buy the units for them) as opposed to farming them?

Is the issue the use of the revives, or that the revives being used were not bought with units?

Very much the latter far as anyone can tell. Kabam aren't making money from it
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Jefechuta said:

Mackey said:

many people can dedicate 9 ready?

If only 10 people exploit it then the rest of players will not be affected by the change at all, and 6 hours farming revives is not equal to 20 revives, I got 15 in maybe 2 hours
    Like I just replied to GW ... remove the auto play option then. Simple 🤷‍♂️ lucky you getting 15 in 2 hours, goes to show it can't be relied upon
  • Options
    Mackey said:

Jefechuta said:

Mackey said:

many people can dedicate 9 ready?

Like I just replied to GW ... remove the auto play option then. Simple 🤷‍♂️ lucky you getting 15 in 2 hours, goes to show it can't be relied upon
    That changes absolutely nothing lol, more so, you would farm faster since you would play manually
  • Options
    Jefechuta said:

Mackey said:

Jefechuta said:

Jefechuta said:

Mackey said:

If you see
    Mackey said:

Mackey said:

Lol you
    Mackey said:

How many units do you think you get by farming 6 hours? Thats not too much units fam, not at all.
    I wouldn't know as I don't do arena. I imagine the guarenteed amount of units isn't immensely high but then you got to factor in what you might get from BCs too which in turn could make it more valuable
This discussion has been closed.