Battlegrounds and Latency Issues [merged]

Comments

• Greed_ExodusGreed_Exodus Member Posts: 361 ★★★
    I’ve had BG matches that I should have won but be it a relic c whiffing, a connection issue failing or a mis timed parry or getting parried and even re-parried by the ai I strongly believe we as a community deserve some form of reconciliation, if kabam employees actually play this game the same way we do they should also understand the annoyances that we struggle with and want to fix it, if not I just don’t understand why it’s left to stay this broken or corrupted by hackers and cheaters, please fix it.
  • MauledMauled Member, Guardian Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    I’m not usually one who advocates compensation but I think that something would be appropriate as while the game mode hasn’t been down as such, it has been pretty unplayable for a while this season.

In a more positive vein, it does seem to be more stable right now than it has been recently.
  • Manup456Manup456 Member Posts: 891 ★★★★
    So basically play at your own risk is what they are saying 😆 this great
  • Trafalgarwar96Trafalgarwar96 Member Posts: 540 ★★★
    Manup456 said:

So basically play at your own risk is what they are saying 😆 this great

Yes, so they don t have to send us compensations. Because they said to us to not to play....
  • LexSaviLexSavi Member Posts: 216
    BigBlueOx said:

So how are we supposed to interpret this? Play at your own risk, it’s your fault for losing items now? What about all the items lost prior to this warning?

This is the question Kabam should address, alongside making sure BGs function properly and doesn’t penalize players for trying to enjoy a major game mode.
  • KerneasKerneas Member Posts: 3,803 ★★★★★
    My take: compensation should be issued when players lose resources due to mistake on the game's side. Something that is happening and shouldn't be.

There is no need to compensate for our own mistakes, like getting parried while dashing on the opponent.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,760 ★★★★★

if kabam employees actually play this game the same way we do they should also understand the annoyances that we struggle with and want to fix it, if not I just don’t understand why it’s left to stay this broken or corrupted by hackers and cheaters, please fix it.

Where are you getting that they don't want to fix it? They talked about it on the livestream, there were some fixes done in this update, they tried to push a fix yesterday through for the latency issue but it didn't seem to help, they put a yellow banner stating they're aware of the issue and are still working to resolve it. Jax has confirmed several times across different threads that they know about the issues as well but you're still here saying they don't want to fix it?

How long should a problem like this go on for before being fixed? In, what I assume is decades of programming experience, what is the solution to fix the lag or relics whiffing. So what is the solution to fixing it for everyone? It's obviously so simple right?

I am not going to add the parry examples to this because those aren't caused by bugs, those are caused by you. The A.I. can parry you because you're fighting against other summoners' champs which have mastery's. They can parry you all day long and they can re-parry as well. A miss-timed parry is also on you. Do you want the Dev's to press your thumbs for you or something?

These issues are complicated. I don't have any lag issues in BG's unless I try and play in my office at my job where I tend to get 4g vs 5g and I've never had it on my home wifi. I have a Pixel 6 Pro and my carrier is At&t. So if I am not having the same issues as you, where does that leave us in terms of how they can determine how to fix it? Let me know what your easy solution is. I am curious to hear it.
  • I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Member Posts: 1,198 ★★★★

if kabam employees actually play this game the same way we do they should also understand the annoyances that we struggle with and want to fix it, if not I just don’t understand why it’s left to stay this broken or corrupted by hackers and cheaters, please fix it.

Where are you getting that they don't want to fix it? They talked about it on the livestream, there were some fixes done in this update, they tried to push a fix yesterday through for the latency issue but it didn't seem to help, they put a yellow banner stating they're aware of the issue and are still working to resolve it. Jax has confirmed several times across different threads that they know about the issues as well but you're still here saying they don't want to fix it?

How long should a problem like this go on for before being fixed? In, what I assume is decades of programming experience, what is the solution to fix the lag or relics whiffing. So what is the solution to fixing it for everyone? It's obviously so simple right?

I am not going to add the parry examples to this because those aren't caused by bugs, those are caused by you. The A.I. can parry you because you're fighting against other summoners' champs which have mastery's. They can parry you all day long and they can re-parry as well. A miss-timed parry is also on you. Do you want the Dev's to press your thumbs for you or something?

These issues are complicated. I don't have any lag issues in BG's unless I try and play in my office at my job where I tend to get 4g vs 5g and I've never had it on my home wifi. I have a Pixel 6 Pro and my carrier is At&t. So if I am not having the same issues as you, where does that leave us in terms of how they can determine how to fix it? Let me know what your easy solution is. I am curious to hear it.
    Take down the mode until the issues are resolved completely by the team...
    A simple and effective fix and if the team works well on the mode then it should be back in business in a month or two
    A single fish can pollute the whole lake
    Maybe if they completely fix BGs most of the current issues might stop and the game would be usable
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,760 ★★★★★

Take down the mode until the issues are resolved completely by the team...
    A simple and effective fix and if the team works well on the mode then it should be back in business in a month or two
    A single fish can pollute the whole lake
    Maybe if they completely fix BGs most of the current issues might stop and the game would be usable
    The mode isn't broken for everyone and they might be leaving it up because they need the data from the game mode to fix the latency issues. I am sure there are many reasons for leaving the game mode up.
  • I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Member Posts: 1,198 ★★★★
    Azz said:

Are we going to get an actual good compensation for kabams continued failure !? I mean after months and Months of straight problems need to be addressed with the masses maybe some new coders based on talent and not equality

I agree
    Also to anyone saying don't play BGs
    BG store currently has better rewards than most content in the game and these rewards include 30k 6* shards which are huge no matter how progressed your account is
    Taking down the mode and either sending off the rewards based on rank in last season or providing an appropriate compensation
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Member Posts: 1,411 ★★★★★
    I see people saying stop season and give out last seasons rewards but what if somebody skipped last season and are only playing this one? Should they not get anything? Agree with the sentiment that season needs to stop if it can’t be fixed soon but they should send out last seasons rewards or rewards based on this season whichever is higher.
  • TyphoonTyphoon Member Posts: 1,796 ★★★★★
    edited May 2023

Hey All,

Checking in on this today, how is your connectivity and latency looking? I did 6 matches and ran a few last paths of the Vaults between last night and this morning without issue, but don't want to call that indicative of everybody's experiences.

To address the elephant in the room, yes we are looking for Compensation for the Latency issues, geared toward Battlegrounds since match results could be affected by the latency issues.

I'll try a match or two in a bit and report back... story mode has been mostly ok, with the exception of the egregious AI recovery times. But I believe you called that a knock-on effect to input issues?

And to be clear - did the game team push a fix or something overnight that would result in better latency? Or are we just assuming the problem resolved itself?
  • SyndicatedSyndicated Member Posts: 635 ★★★

Hey All,

Checking in on this today, how is your connectivity and latency looking? I did 6 matches and ran a few last paths of the Vaults between last night and this morning without issue, but don't want to call that indicative of everybody's experiences.

To address the elephant in the room, yes we are looking for Compensation for the Latency issues, geared toward Battlegrounds since match results could be affected by the latency issues.

There's the Classic disconnect after BG fights, and i don't know why, but fighting against Wiccan in BG crash the Game.

Hey All,

I just played two matches and there were no latency issues.
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,013 ★★★★★

Hey All,

It’s been better today, appreciate the follow up and info that there will be compensation on this issue.
    edited May 2023
    Connection interruption symbol has come back, though I am still able to select champs and play normally... for now...

Edit: play is more choppy. I'm still playing on the same wifi connection I was this morning.
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,013 ★★★★★
    In game fights in all game modes are choppy as hell again. Missed inputs in EQ
  • JK_47JK_47 Member Posts: 271 ★★
    edited May 2023
    BG's getting ridiculous everyday and more surprises in other modes as well... Might as well stop using elders mark.. Even energy invested in BG is a loss as well...

Time is the most valuable commodity, investing time in BG with all the bugs and disconnects is killing people's drive to play...

Kabam might as well cancel the bg season and give out full rewards and additional compensation to everyone on 7* star launch day, perhaps that's the only thing that would save face and make for the frustration plus time lost. It is the best solution or perhaps the only viable solution to revive the drive to play among players.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Member Posts: 4,712 ★★★★★

Hey All,

Just adding to the elephant of the room,

Many Alliances have minimum BG scores these days, failing to reach the minimums results in unwanted kicks.
    The issue effected the scores as disconnects do not count. A LOT of EMs have been Wasted.

That's it. Good day!
  • BeastDadBeastDad Member Posts: 1,775 ★★★★★
    I would settle for just having my elder's marks that were wasted returned.

If I am not able to select bans, and then I am not able to select the matchup, that is an automatic loss. I shouldn't need to buy shields to protect from bugs.
  • Rohit_316Rohit_316 Member Posts: 3,415 ★★★★★
    Battlegrounds has some serious issues going on.... it's really frustrating and annoying to lose matches when dex don't work , says parry but doesn't get parried ..and then you end up losing your elder marks and ratings and start all over again.
  • NearJrNearJr Member Posts: 156 ★★
    I hate to be *that* guy, but as the game evolves, it will demand a lot more from your phone. Older phones will have more issues, my iphone 12 tends to lag more than my samsung s22.
    edited May 2023
    @NearJr I have an iPhone 14 Pro Max and IPad 11 Pro and it’s still an issue plus I have gigabit internet service and it’s still an issue.

The game has been a mess for a while now and they are doing nothing they still haven’t even fixed smaller issues like the game being able to go into portrait mode which has been around for a while now.
    Oh im not saying its an absolute, perfect solve. There are a lot of variables to consider. I have been one of the lucky few that have never struggled that much, even back when inputs got broken completely in 2020 i think.

Currently i hardly have issues, in the past week i have been disconnected once in BGs, that's it. It would be foolish to base my hypothesis based only on my experience, i know there are some issues.

We need patience and trust Kabam to have a solution for the majority of the player base.
    I don't agree with that. The hotfix they did this week helped a lot.

The game might not be bug free but it's not unplayable, far from it.
    @NearJr How would you know it helped if you said you haven’t had any issues and only 1 disconnect? That makes no sense because it didn’t fix it and this thread wouldn’t still be going if it did.
    Manup456 said:

@NearJr How would you know it helped if you said you haven’t had any issues and only 1 disconnect? That makes no sense because it didn’t fix it and this thread wouldn’t still be going if it did.

I talk to people constantly. I'm in about 8 difrerent alliance line chats, from gold alliances to masters ones. The people I talk to all claim their experience has been better lately.
    edited May 2023
    So you spoke to a hand full of people and came up with this conclusion 👍🏼

This was a few mins ago I guess I just didn’t want to fight at all.

https://youtu.be/fkrkyBf4nvw