**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Let's talk about Loki+Hela synergies (200k+ SP2 damage in LOL)

Comments

• UnsaferBinkie7UnsaferBinkie7 Posts: 658 ★★
    Riegel wrote: »
    Complete incompetence?

Extremely incompetent....though this is somewhat a good money play. They continously do stuff like this and it brings in good money, you can ask for your refund, but they'll probably do something in game that'll change the sheep minds.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Indrick781 wrote: »
    Hey Everybody -

Thanks for your patience while we worked with the team on this. We're currently looking at this Synergy very closely, and measuring if we need to make any adjustments before Hela is released. We didn't expect to have to do this right now, but we don't want to release a Champion or Synergy, and then discover a case where we had to adjust the Synergy later.

We'll let you all know when we have more information.

Here's the extremely important question I have then. Say I get Hela and use the synergy with my Loki to 100% complete LOL, would someone get banned for that? They didn't cheat or exploit a bug. They simply used the designed synergies.

Yes, using this to clear LOL is a known exploit and you will get banned.
  • Bapoi wrote: »
    Hey Everybody -

Thanks for your patience while we worked with the team on this. We're currently looking at this Synergy very closely, and measuring if we need to make any adjustments before Hela is released. We didn't expect to have to do this right now, but we don't want to release a Champion or Synergy, and then discover a case where we had to adjust the Synergy later.

This entirely contradicts an earlier statement that this synergy was working as intended. Which is it?

j8ag58klbxs4.png

@Kabam Vydious chose his words carefully: the synergy is "as designed" which means using it in that fashion is not an exploit. However, that doesn't mean the synergy doesn't have unintended side effects that would require rebalancing it. Those are two different things.

An exploit is not synonymous with unintended effect. An exploit requires more than that.
    They havent clarify if the effecf of this synergy in LOL is working as intended.
  • SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    edited November 2017
    they haven't stated it's a known exploit that will get ya banned either
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    Indrick781 wrote: »
    Hey Everybody -

Here's the extremely important question I have then. Say I get Hela and use the synergy with my Loki to 100% complete LOL, would someone get banned for that? They didn't cheat or exploit a bug. They simply used the designed synergies.

By right, you should not be banned. The synergies clearly state that Loki's health would be counted as higher than the opponent given that the enemy is cursed, which would mean his L2 should deal the intended 7% max health. Therefore, as of currently, it is working as stated and if it was not intended to be like this, then you shouldn't be banned because you were not exploiting a bug intentionally; you were only utilising what was stated in the game already.
  • Maxwell33Maxwell33 Posts: 47
    It's not an easy thing to do. And the 7% is based off of CURRENT health and not TOTAL health. So the more you do it, the less damage it deals. Not to mention you have to maintain that curse from the special 3. I don't see a need to Nerf but then again I'm nowhere near a developer who created this kind of thing. So who knows?
    They will change it to “7% chance to take 7% of opponent’s max health” lmaooo

Wow what a great idea. I dont like it. Lol
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,755 ★★★★★
    Maxwell33 wrote: »
    It's not an easy thing to do. And the 7% is based off of CURRENT health and not TOTAL health. So the more you do it, the less damage it deals. Not to mention you have to maintain that curse from the special 3. I don't see a need to Nerf but then again I'm nowhere near a developer who created this kind of thing. So who knows?

Is actually max HP, not current HP.
    They will change it to “7% chance to take 7% of opponent’s max health” lmaooo

It is already like that
  • SgtSlaughter78SgtSlaughter78 Posts: 462 ★★★
    Kabam, this is pretty shocking. You need to give a firm commitment to players before the Hela crystal and arenas are out.

Also, you genuinely need to address why these sorts of things aren’t being picked up before things go out the door.

I really feel for the mods, they’re just put in as a buffer and can’t really provide real information a lot of the time, and it must make their job petty horrendous.
  • OndZOndZ Posts: 75
    edited November 2017
    Kabam maybe do not test new champs in LOL, cos there is no one, who would be able to finish LoL...

Just joking
  • xoRIVALoxxoRIVALox Posts: 247
    Standard practice

Players get smarter than programmers, players run their mouths. Nerf initiated right after releases. Congrats to all who put in work on LOL. You will not be punished as well you shouldn't.

Every time garbage like this happens you all still are shocked and amazed, unreal how stupid people are nowadays
  • BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    @Kabam Vydious chose his words carefully: the synergy is "as designed" which means using it in that fashion is not an exploit. However, that doesn't mean the synergy doesn't have unintended side effects that would require rebalancing it. Those are two different things.

An exploit is not synonymous with unintended effect. An exploit requires more than that.
    Fair enough.
    It will however create a discrepancy between those that manage to go through LOL before said rebalancing, and those having to go through after. Also not a first in that respect. Having said that, any change will make a ruckus. EIther those that have done it will complain, or those that need to do it still will.
  • Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    Bapoi wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »

Fair enough.
    It will however create a discrepancy between those that manage to go through LOL before said rebalancing, and those having to go through after. Also not a first in that respect. Having said that, any change will make a ruckus. EIther those that have done it will complain, or those that need to do it still will.

You could say the same thing after the release of Stark spidey though. New champs always come out and some make content easier. Look at ROL before guillotine wolverine didn't have an easy option. Did that unbalance the game? Nope.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,755 ★★★★★
    It looks like the text was changed. Probably they will nerf his ability ...
  • YodieYodie Posts: 67
    qq0swtzc1bpi.png
    haudkyrkl6ak.png
    Looks like there trying to explain it better but also the cannot exceed zero damage tells me a number will be added there eventually
  • MilkthewhalesMilkthewhales Posts: 81
    edited November 2017
    Waw i was about to r5 loki of the back of this.

New benchmark for incompetence set.

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious you need to get this clarified right now you can't leave something like this hanging around whilst you umm and ahh over it
    So ur fix is to disable energy damage all together since it hasn’t activated in any fights I have tested this morning
  • MadMarksMadMarks Posts: 155
    edited November 2017
    I think 100k max damage is appropriate. I don't think it should be able to drastically bypass LoL caps. Or maybe have that number associated with champ Star and rank level. So a 3 star doesn't do as much damage as a 5 star.
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    This is what happens when developers don't play their own games.
  • Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    Well apparently he currently has a max damage of 0 lol. Seriously what kind of testing is done at Kabam? This isn't a ridiculous question to ask. We are all mostly paying customers, and I for one am a huge paying customer so I think I'm entitled to know what the heck you guys are doing over there that there are constant screw ups? I was just about to drop 2K on Hela crystals for this synergy and now I'm not going to spend a dime as this is just another mistake in a long line of mistakes.

I mean Mephisto - Synergy to increase energy damage doesn't work
    Blade - Synergy with Sparky isn't working

and I could go back to other new released champs and they all seem to have 1 thing not working as advertised but I really don't want to go back and look at all the notes. Get it together already. It's not funny and as a company you really need to start taking this seriously.
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,565 ★★★★
    Isn’t this kinda a form of bait and switch from Kabam? You buy into a champ with stated abilities. If they decide to Nerf later isn’t that kinda deceitful. And Kabam wonders why all the hate
This discussion has been closed.