Options

Hey, are you really asking us to tell everyone in the alliance to hit 350-400k in BG next season?

Comments

• Options
    Tx_Quack_Attack6589Tx_Quack_Attack6589 Posts: 624 ★★★★

Alliance war isn’t a solo mode why would they put the rewards in a solo event

Alliance war also doesn’t require a 10-15 hour commitment from each member so why would they put the rewards behind such high milestones?
    Win faster, also take this time to thank the officers in your alliance that handle defense and attack planning because what may seem like no time for you with war they spend a lot of time. You can put in a lil more time for one month.
  • Options

Alliance war also doesn’t require a 10-15 hour commitment from each member so why would they put the rewards behind such high milestones?
    Win faster, also take this time to thank the officers in your alliance that handle defense and attack planning because what may seem like no time for you with war they spend a lot of time. You can put in a lil more time for one month.
    I'm an officer in a P4 alliance.

While I agree it takes time, that's nowhere close to what it'll take to hit 400k in BGs per member.

And if an alliance decides to enforce this, you think members will do it, they will have to be pushed by , ding ding, the "officers".

It's a thankless job mostly, and this deviation/decision by kabam isn't making it any easier.
    Guess I should be thankful for my crew of bg and war daddies then, Father’s Day odins for everyone
  • Options
    Drago_von_DragoDrago_von_Drago Posts: 780 ★★★★

Now you’re just being argumentative. You know someone can’t control how long a BG match lasts so “win faster” is nonsense. It also ignores the question. I’m guessing because you don’t really have a good answer. I’ll ask again though. Why did they put these rewards behind milestones that take 10-15 hours per person?

Im sure it was well intended but here’s what it feels like they said :

“Hey all, we have to take AW down for a week so you won’t be able to get those things you usually get for a week but instead you can spend 7+ extra hours playing this game mode (that, by the way, is having some stability issues right now) to get similar stuff and also your whole alliance will have to commit to make it happen so we’re asking for several hundred extra hours of BG play per alliance at a time when we are already flooded with forum posts about dropped matches….good luck!”

I get the “something is better than nothing, they could have done nothing” mindset but in this case what they did just seems out of touch.

Like others have said, it’s going to put alliance leaders that are pushing for the top in a tough spot. You either require everyone to play BG hard to hit the milestones which may mean forcing them to spend units on Elder Marks right before July 4 or you risk falling behind because your competition is getting stronger with a round of top tier rewards you missed.

This doesn’t even impact me, I just feel bad for the folks it does and the responses in this thread calling the complaints “entitlement” don’t seem to be seeing the same situation I’m seeing.
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,455 ★★★★

That’s only for one season, when AW will be unavailable. There will be nothing really to do in the game, so I think it’s not a problem to do a couple more fights in BGs.

If they're letting conquerer-levs in, i can think of a lot of things they'd be better off doing in the game than bgs.

Cavs will still match with paragons of course, cause that's always a hoot.
  • Options

Now you’re just being argumentative. You know someone can’t control how long a BG match lasts so “win faster” is nonsense. It also ignores the question. I’m guessing because you don’t really have a good answer. I’ll ask again though. Why did they put these rewards behind milestones that take 10-15 hours per person?

10-15hrs per person over 28 days really isn’t asking much you realize that right? Also winning in two rounds vs three rounds is faster and yes you can control that by out playing your opponent.
  • Options
    DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    Look it's pretty simple no one is forcing anybody to play any mode in this game. If you want the rewards play the mode 400k is not that hard. If you don't like the mode then don't play it and skip rewards. It's not like these are game chaining rewards. I could care less for aw so I don't play in a competitive ally so therefore I sacrifice rewards for that game mode. I happen to like bgs so I play in a BG focused ally and give up aq&aw rewards. It's really that simple It's not like aw rewards are not coming back It's 1 season.
  • Options
    Mackey said:

And bgs isn't an ally mode
    Strange it has an alliance event every season
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,325 ★★★★★

Mackey said:

Alliance war has a solo event as well!! Very strange indeed!!
  • Options
    Graves_3 said:

Mackey said:

Alliance war has a solo event as well!! Very strange indeed!!
    Indeed, they shoulda tied those into the solo event for bgs instead the being nice and putting two nexus instead
  • Options
    SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Searmenis said:

DNA3000 said:

The entitlement is real. They could have just taken AW offline.

What is wrong with people? Even a little effort to get a generic AND a class gem is something people can find something to complain about.

That's acceptable if they take AW down and let it be there.

The reasoning that they don't want people to lose out on rewards and yet put them up so high that even the top alliances will have a tough time getting there is the issue.

The time investment is also totally different between the 2 modes as already pointed out in this thread.
    The reasoning is not that they don't want people to lose out on rewards. Your rewards are up to you. The reasoning is that alliance war offers the opportunity to earn rewards, and since they are temporarily taking that opportunity away, they decided to replace that opportunity with another one.

For most players, the opportunity to do BG instead was always there. They didn't need to do anything. However, for players very active in BG, that opportunity didn't actually exist because they were already reaching or nearly reaching all of the milestone rewards. For them, the loss of the opportunity for AW could not be replaced by doing BG, because they were already doing BG.

It is specifically for those players that the higher milestones was necessary, or the AW opportunity would simply be lost. It is fine if players who ordinarily don't do much BG to try to push for those higher milestones, but those players cannot complain that they are being forced to do a hundred matches just to get them. If they do a hundred more matches than they normally do, they aren't just getting those top milestones they are also getting a ton of BG rewards they were otherwise not getting as well.
    The problem is that this IS forced, not directly by Kabam, but indirectly by alliances.
    The only way to solve that problem would be to eliminate player-run alliances, and force everyone to join alliances run by Kabam support.

The problem with giving players control over anything is: they will use it.
    There wasn't a problem before kabam found this particular solution. I d prefer actually not been happening anything, delaying was season for such a good purpose is more than accepted imo.
  • Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,582 ★★★★★
    Searmenis said:

DNA3000 said:

Searmenis said:

DNA3000 said:

The entitlement is real. They could have just taken AW offline.

What is wrong with people? Even a little effort to get a generic AND a class gem is something people can find something to complain about.

That's acceptable if they take AW down and let it be there.

The reasoning that they don't want people to lose out on rewards and yet put them up so high that even the top alliances will have a tough time getting there is the issue.

The time investment is also totally different between the 2 modes as already pointed out in this thread.
    The reasoning is not that they don't want people to lose out on rewards. Your rewards are up to you. The reasoning is that alliance war offers the opportunity to earn rewards, and since they are temporarily taking that opportunity away, they decided to replace that opportunity with another one.

For most players, the opportunity to do BG instead was always there. They didn't need to do anything. However, for players very active in BG, that opportunity didn't actually exist because they were already reaching or nearly reaching all of the milestone rewards. For them, the loss of the opportunity for AW could not be replaced by doing BG, because they were already doing BG.

It is specifically for those players that the higher milestones was necessary, or the AW opportunity would simply be lost. It is fine if players who ordinarily don't do much BG to try to push for those higher milestones, but those players cannot complain that they are being forced to do a hundred matches just to get them. If they do a hundred more matches than they normally do, they aren't just getting those top milestones they are also getting a ton of BG rewards they were otherwise not getting as well.
    The problem is that this IS forced, not directly by Kabam, but indirectly by alliances.
    The only way to solve that problem would be to eliminate player-run alliances, and force everyone to join alliances run by Kabam support.

The problem with giving players control over anything is: they will use it.
    There wasn't a problem before kabam found this particular solution. I d prefer actually not been happening anything, delaying was season for such a good purpose is more than accepted imo.
    I agree.
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,784 ★★★★★
    While I haven't exactly been shy about stating that I absolutely loathe the BG alliance event,* this just seems like extra rewards for BG and I don't view that as a bad thing. My alliance won't be getting anything from the alliance event since hardly anyone plays the mode seriously, but those of us who do play it now have something extra to hunt for. I think that's fair. Maybe Kabam could throw in some extra energy refills and/or elder marks to speed up the event-climbing for newcomers since "no AW" doesn't really equate to "more BG" since the latter is just as power-locked as always, but I have no problem with them adding those rewards to BG as such.

* I want BG to be my own personal thing that I play by myself and get all the rewards I can reach regardless of how much effort the rest of my alliance puts in. It was said to be a solo competitive mode, after all.
  • Options
    Mackey said:

DL864 said:

Look it's pretty simple no one is forcing anybody to play any mode in this game. If you want the rewards play the mode 400k is not that hard. If you don't like the mode then don't play it and skip rewards. It's not like these are game chaining rewards. I could care less for aw so I don't play in a competitive ally so therefore I sacrifice rewards for that game mode. I happen to like bgs so I play in a BG focused ally and give up aq&aw rewards. It's really that simple It's not like aw rewards are not coming back It's 1 season.

I can clearly tell you don't play war from your comment about hitting 400k ..... but therein lies the problem, hitting 400k is not the same as doing the war season, 400k in the solo event only gives you the class 6* nexus, it does not give you all the rank up.materials you would normally get (which, let's be honest, is the main bulk of the rewards). Those rank up materials are in the ally event, where you'll need everyone in your ally to play more (quite a bit more I might add) of BGs to achieve them rewards.

It really is as simple as just putting the rewards into the solo event and then it's almost completely in the hands of the individual rather than a collective effort of 30 people
    I don't know why you would think I couldn't play war and hit 400k in bgs I hit 350k in about 9 days with a 70% win ratio and elder marks. Again if your ally want the rewards then they will put up the points.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    DL864 said:

Mackey said:

DL864 said:

I can clearly tell you don't play war from your comment about hitting 400k ..... but therein lies the problem, hitting 400k is not the same as doing the war season, 400k in the solo event only gives you the class 6* nexus, it does not give you all the rank up.materials you would normally get (which, let's be honest, is the main bulk of the rewards). Those rank up materials are in the ally event, where you'll need everyone in your ally to play more (quite a bit more I might add) of BGs to achieve them rewards.

It really is as simple as just putting the rewards into the solo event and then it's almost completely in the hands of the individual rather than a collective effort of 30 people
    I don't know why you would think I couldn't play war and hit 400k in bgs I hit 350k in about 9 days with a 70% win ratio and elder marks. Again if your ally want the rewards then they will put up the points.
    You clearly can't read either. I never said you couldn't play war and score 400k points 🤨. I was saying hitting 400k and playing a season of war are not the same thing, the sheer amount of time it takes to hit 400k vs doing a full season of attack is incomparable. Also, hitting 400k won't give you the equivalent rewards of a season of war as most the main rewards are in the ally event, you can hit 400k all you like but unless your ally does too you won't be getting the same sort of rewards as war.

Yes you're sort of right about if your ally wants the rewards they all will put up the points, they all put the effort into War every season which is like 10 mins of attack per War but that's only 1 match of BGs so they need to put it in WAY more effort. Not to mention not all members of all allies enjoy playing BGs so we (the officers) would need to try enforce it and what outcome do you think that will achieve?
  • Options
    Also, what about the allies that focus solely on BGs and do very little (or zero) war? They're now going to be benefitting from the war season being delayed when they aren't even affected by it
  • Options
    GuytennisGuytennis Posts: 420 ★★★
    I’ve usually do about 10-15 BG fights a season. With theses new rewards this season I’ll do about 10-15 fights.
  • Options
    dukedevill4412dukedevill4412 Posts: 169
    edited June 2023
    Between waiting times for matches, dropped inputs, and just terrible nodes. I don’t see why any alliance MAKES their mates play this terrible mode. I’m currently at silver 2 and I doubt I’ll move up any further because of how terrible this season has been. Down to playing a match every other day or even once a week.
  • Options
    Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    if you want top rewards then yes you need to put up that much,

but would you be getting top rewards in AW season? NO.
    top rewards are far more than the majority of allies would have been getting.
    have a look at what your ally rewards for a season would have been.
    see where that stacks up on bgs and work out from there where you need to sit.

yes personally i feel i need 400k and i need my ally to get it and i feel they won't but, it is certainly not required.
  • Options
    Maat1985 said:

if you want top rewards then yes you need to put up that much,

but would you be getting top rewards in AW season? NO.
    top rewards are far more than the majority of allies would have been getting.
    have a look at what your ally rewards for a season would have been.
    see where that stacks up on bgs and work out from there where you need to sit.

yes personally i feel i need 400k and i need my ally to get it and i feel they won't but, it is certainly not required.

You're right, I'm in a Plat 4 ally so in order to get what I would usually get each month I would need to hit the 400k mark ... that's cool, I can do that. And my ally would need to hit the 9 mil mark, now I will admit that in doing so we would get a bit more than our usual plat 4 rewards but the problem lies in that our ally has never scored above 5 mil ish, which would give me a few t2a ... yay, and zero t5b, never mind anything of actual worth
  • Options
    KingKongColby38KingKongColby38 Posts: 4
    I'm in diamond 2 atm and still only have around 240k solo pts I have no idea have yous have 400k at platinum!
  • Options
    Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Posts: 1,235 ★★★★
    I seem to notice some players are saying that reaching 400k points is way more then doing a full season of AW. That is correct but if you are already doing say 300k before then adding another 100k isn't going to take that much effort since you don't have to spend time doing AW. If you hardly do BG and focus on war than I can see the issue, since those that will do BG will benefit more than those that don't. This is one season and war will return. Kabam could have just delayed war season with no boost in BG. They have delayed war season before with no compensation, so isn't this a better alternative. I don't usually go above 250k in points and my alliance doesn't go above 3 million. The updated BG reward for one season won't change my alliances participation but I am considering making a run to 400k to get the new rewards. It won't take me 3-4 times more time, maybe twice as much time and I'm ok with pushing for one month.
  • Options
    Mackey said:

Also, what about the allies that focus solely on BGs and do very little (or zero) war? They're now going to be benefitting from the war season being delayed when they aren't even affected by it

Do you need some cheese???