**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
**KNOWN BG ISSUE**
We are aware of an issue with the seeding for the beginning of the BG season.
We are adding rewards to higher progression brackets to offset the additional grind.
More information here.
**Arcade is being extra tricky with his Murder Box...**
It appears Arcade has been non-cooperative in his approach to this month's side quest and presented his clues in a nonsensical order. Lucky you, Summoners, we have our best and brightest on the case and those clues should now be a lot more straightforward. While messing around in Arcade's files we came across a phrase, highlighted and bolded, with sparkles and pointy arrows: "the abode for the dead" ... Maybe that will help you along the way!
Options

Hey, are you really asking us to tell everyone in the alliance to hit 350-400k in BG next season?

Comments

• Options
    hyp3r05hyp3r05 Posts: 76
    The sheer amount of resources needed to get the full rewards is insane as well,
    400k points at 4,500 per match IF you win every match is 89 matches, 89 matches with 90 elders marks per match is 8,010. For spender I’m sure that isn’t much but I’ve never had more than 3,000 elders marks.
  • Options
    Sachhyam257Sachhyam257 Posts: 1,054 ★★★★
    hyp3r05 said:

400k points at 4,500 per match IF you win every match is 89 matches, 89 matches with 90 elders marks per match is 8,010. For spender I’m sure that isn’t much but I’ve never had more than 3,000 elders marks.

Realistically, you win like 50% of the matches you play (thats what kabam wants it to be at). You get 4500 for winning with elder marks and 2250 per match completed with it. So 6750 per win, and 2250 per loss. Funnily enough, if u play 90 matches, assuming you have a 50% win rate, you win 45 and lose 45, you get exactly 405k points. You were correct in saying 8k elder marks is needed but you don't NEED to win 90 matches, you just need to play that many. Which, mind you, is still a lot, I'm not saying it isn't.
  • Options
    StantonaStantona Posts: 108

DNA3000 said:

The entitlement is real. They could have just taken AW offline.

What is wrong with people? Even a little effort to get a generic AND a class gem is something people can find something to complain about.

That's acceptable if they take AW down and let it be there.

The reasoning that they don't want people to lose out on rewards and yet put them up so high that even the top alliances will have a tough time getting there is the issue.

The time investment is also totally different between the 2 modes as already pointed out in this thread.
    The reasoning is not that they don't want people to lose out on rewards. Your rewards are up to you. The reasoning is that alliance war offers the opportunity to earn rewards, and since they are temporarily taking that opportunity away, they decided to replace that opportunity with another one.

For most players, the opportunity to do BG instead was always there. They didn't need to do anything. However, for players very active in BG, that opportunity didn't actually exist because they were already reaching or nearly reaching all of the milestone rewards. For them, the loss of the opportunity for AW could not be replaced by doing BG, because they were already doing BG.

It is specifically for those players that the higher milestones was necessary, or the AW opportunity would simply be lost. It is fine if players who ordinarily don't do much BG to try to push for those higher milestones, but those players cannot complain that they are being forced to do a hundred matches just to get them. If they do a hundred more matches than they normally do, they aren't just getting those top milestones they are also getting a ton of BG rewards they were otherwise not getting as well.
    What am I supposed to do as a part of Plat-4 War, Top45 AQ and Top1-10%BG Allince.
    I score 450k points every season, while my alliance barely reaches 6M(acceptable and satisfactory arrangement for my team).

The solo rewards are shards and nexus. They are alright. Not too bad.
    While the real rewards in my eyes are rankup resources, which are walled behind a requirement of enormous team effort.
    Forget 12M, we will never reach there.
    I'm taking about a score of 8.2M which we have never reached in 8 seasons.

In most 3BG war allinces, Everyone plays war and do their fights. But when it comes to BGs, no one is required to push it. Some people push on their own, some doesnt. Nobody is blamed for not pushing BG scores.
    The present reward structure is extremely toxic and unhealthy for stable alliances.

How are my rewards up to me?
    How can I get the rankup material which is much more valuable to me?
    Should I leave my completely stable allince?
    Totally agree, that is why I think everything should be linked to the solo rewards if this is how they are going to compensate AW.

I cannot remember the last time my alliance scored over 3 million points in a BG season, if we manage that over the month then our reward is 4 Tier 1 Alpha Catalysts. Brilliant :/
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,528 ★★★★★
    edited June 2023
    You aren't forced to do anything in the game..
  • Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 819 ★★★★

What is wrong with people? Even a little effort to get a generic AND a class gem is something people can find something to complain about.

The reasoning that they don't want people to lose out on rewards and yet put them up so high that even the top alliances will have a tough time getting there is the issue.

The time investment is also totally different between the 2 modes as already pointed out in this thread.
    Your first statement doesn't match your second statement. You can simply not do the BG event and it's functionally the same as them taking down AW and let it be there.
  • Options
    StantonaStantona Posts: 108

Sorted ;)
  • Options
    hyp3r05hyp3r05 Posts: 76

hyp3r05 said:

Realistically, you win like 50% of the matches you play (thats what kabam wants it to be at). You get 4500 for winning with elder marks and 2250 per match completed with it. So 6750 per win, and 2250 per loss. Funnily enough, if u play 90 matches, assuming you have a 50% win rate, you win 45 and lose 45, you get exactly 405k points. You were correct in saying 8k elder marks is needed but you don't NEED to win 90 matches, you just need to play that many. Which, mind you, is still a lot, I'm not saying it isn't.
    Didn’t know you get match completion and win points in the solo event, that does change things quite a bit.
  • Options
    rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★

Your first statement doesn't match your second statement. You can simply not do the BG event and it's functionally the same as them taking down AW and let it be there.
    If they take it down, without any changes, it's the same for EVERYONE.

But if they keep it like this and hide good rewards behind alliance contributions, it clearly favors a subset of people, who will get there and thus this change isn't favorable at this last moment for EVERYONE.

I'll still be in top 5 scorers in BG of my alliance but will that get me the t6cc, probably not. That's the issue, that we can't make people go for it, or else we risk losing them.

Commitments cannot be changed at the last moment, an alliance is built upon agreed cooperation and commitment. Kabam has just moved the goal posts to where THEY think is ok to place the barrier for aw rewards.

However as per calculations, it doesn't even come close in terms of items, time or effort needed between the 2 modes.
  • Options
    Tx_Quack_Attack6589Tx_Quack_Attack6589 Posts: 643 ★★★★
    Wozzle007 said:

That’s only for one season, when AW will be unavailable. There will be nothing really to do in the game, so I think it’s not a problem to do a couple more fights in BGs.

For those who stop at 300k of points, I believe it’s 89 wins required using energy or 15 wins using Eldersmarks, assuming every fight is a win. 1350 elders marks are would be needed to get from 300k to 400k, again assuming every fight is a win. Maybe Kabam should supply us all with 1.5k of eldersmarks as well to provide us with the resources we need to earn these rewards.
    Your math ain’t mathing
  • Options
    rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    I think there was some calculation error before due to a wrong assumption but here's an update -

Assumptions -
    Target - 400k points
    Win rate - 50%
    Match time - 10 minutes

Only using elder marks, this requires -

Matches - 89
    Elder marks - 8010
    Time - ~900 minutes or 15 hours

And if someone spends units to buy these EM -
    3432 units

I'll do it, sure. But how do I make other members do it, so we can actually get the rewards that matter?
  • Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,592 ★★★★★

Wozzle007 said:

That’s only for one season, when AW will be unavailable. There will be nothing really to do in the game, so I think it’s not a problem to do a couple more fights in BGs.

For those who stop at 300k of points, I believe it’s 89 wins required using energy or 15 wins using Eldersmarks, assuming every fight is a win. 1350 elders marks are would be needed to get from 300k to 400k, again assuming every fight is a win. Maybe Kabam should supply us all with 1.5k of eldersmarks as well to provide us with the resources we need to earn these rewards.
    I think a fair assumption is 50% win rate because that's what the system is based on, more or less.

We're a p4 alliance and I think this replacement is more of an inconvenience for a lot of the members.
    I completely agree, I play BGs here and there sure but I'm not pleased that I'm being forced to play more of it to get the war rewards I'll miss out on through no fault of my own. Plus when you consider all the extra effort a lot of people will put into it, it'll be even more effort than normal to achieve them same rewards.

We too are plat 4 and there is a good amount of our members who don't care much for BGs
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,528 ★★★★★
    Mackey said:

Wozzle007 said:

I think a fair assumption is 50% win rate because that's what the system is based on, more or less.

We're a p4 alliance and I think this replacement is more of an inconvenience for a lot of the members.
    I completely agree, I play BGs here and there sure but I'm not pleased that I'm being forced to play more of it to get the war rewards I'll miss out on through no fault of my own. Plus when you consider all the extra effort a lot of people will put into it, it'll be even more effort than normal to achieve them same rewards.

We too are plat 4 and there is a good amount of our members who don't care much for BGs
    Nobody is forced to do anything in the game.
  • Options
    Let me know how many of y’all get 5 - 10% t6cc crystals and 2 25% selectors each war season. More work or not these rewards are guaranteed if you and your alliance mates put in the work, can’t say the same about war rewards.
  • Options
    Tanktop_TigerTanktop_Tiger Posts: 8
    Looking for alliance for bg 350-400k if anyone needs a reliable member. Thanks
  • Options
    On the other hand, if an ally goes all in for BGs on a normal month but doesn't do War OR is extremely casual in war (say silver 3 for arguments sake) then why should they be getting the war rewards that a plat 4 ally usually gets for playing war if that plat 4 ally can't get their members to push for their usual rewards, which let's not forget is from a completely different game mode
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,974 Guardian
    Searmenis said:

DNA3000 said:

The reasoning is not that they don't want people to lose out on rewards. Your rewards are up to you. The reasoning is that alliance war offers the opportunity to earn rewards, and since they are temporarily taking that opportunity away, they decided to replace that opportunity with another one.

For most players, the opportunity to do BG instead was always there. They didn't need to do anything. However, for players very active in BG, that opportunity didn't actually exist because they were already reaching or nearly reaching all of the milestone rewards. For them, the loss of the opportunity for AW could not be replaced by doing BG, because they were already doing BG.

It is specifically for those players that the higher milestones was necessary, or the AW opportunity would simply be lost. It is fine if players who ordinarily don't do much BG to try to push for those higher milestones, but those players cannot complain that they are being forced to do a hundred matches just to get them. If they do a hundred more matches than they normally do, they aren't just getting those top milestones they are also getting a ton of BG rewards they were otherwise not getting as well.
    The problem is that this IS forced, not directly by Kabam, but indirectly by alliances.
    The only way to solve that problem would be to eliminate player-run alliances, and force everyone to join alliances run by Kabam support.

The problem with giving players control over anything is: they will use it.
  • Options
    Mackey said:

DNA3000 said:

Searmenis said:

DNA3000 said:

The problem is that this IS forced, not directly by Kabam, but indirectly by alliances.
    The only way to solve that problem would be to eliminate player-run alliances, and force everyone to join alliances run by Kabam support.

Or move the rewards to the solo event giving us all the actual indefinite ability to get the rewards we would otherwise miss, should we so choose. After all, BGs is a solo game mode.

Lol thinking about it, I'm wrong. It still doesn't give you the actual indefinite ability as we still need energy/elder marks to achieve it, both of which we don't need in war.
    You want the game to replace alliance war with another game mode that requires the same resources and offers the same rewards? That'll take about a month to make. If you wait that long, something will arrive that meets your needs.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Error
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Alliance war isn’t a solo mode why would they put the rewards in a solo event
  • Options
    Drago_von_DragoDrago_von_Drago Posts: 781 ★★★★

Alliance war isn’t a solo mode why would they put the rewards in a solo event

Alliance war also doesn’t require a 10-15 hour commitment from each member so why would they put the rewards behind such high milestones?
  • Options
    Mackey said:

DNA3000 said:

Mackey said:

DNA3000 said:

Searmenis said:

DNA3000 said:

Or move the rewards to the solo event giving us all the actual indefinite ability to get the rewards we would otherwise miss, should we so choose. After all, BGs is a solo game mode.

Lol thinking about it, I'm wrong. It still doesn't give you the actual indefinite ability as we still need energy/elder marks to achieve it, both of which we don't need in war.
    You want the game to replace alliance war with another game mode that requires the same resources and offers the same rewards? That'll take about a month to make. If you wait that long, something will arrive that meets your needs.
    Not at all, just pop all extra rewards into solo event 👌
    You literally just said that doesn't work. Essentially, you seem to be saying nothing works logically, so Kabam should just do whatever you would like regardless.