**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
**KNOWN BG ISSUE**
We are aware of an issue with the seeding for the beginning of the BG season.
We are adding rewards to higher progression brackets to offset the additional grind.
More information here.
**Arcade is being extra tricky with his Murder Box...**
It appears Arcade has been non-cooperative in his approach to this month's side quest and presented his clues in a nonsensical order. Lucky you, Summoners, we have our best and brightest on the case and those clues should now be a lot more straightforward. While messing around in Arcade's files we came across a phrase, highlighted and bolded, with sparkles and pointy arrows: "the abode for the dead" ... Maybe that will help you along the way!
Options

Introducing the Summoner’s Market

Comments

• Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,843 ★★★★★
    The currency in euro is too way overpriced for a "discounted" conversion. It's just 4 euros cheaper for an Odin. Not that I could buy anyway since the game doesn't allow some players to spend
  • Options
    Kabam MiikeKabam Miike Posts: 8,270

And what about Apple Pay? Ive already buy cards and recharge my account and its not working on this page

Apple Pay doesn't use Gift Cards... does it? Is that a thing in the US?
  • Options
    Kabam MiikeKabam Miike Posts: 8,270

There is no way we can use google play credit in this store, is there?

I don't believe so, no. You can still use that credit in the in-game store though.
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 4,439 ★★★★★

And what about Apple Pay? Ive already buy cards and recharge my account and its not working on this page

No, gift cards can be added to Apple wallet but not Apple Pay. Apple Pay uses credit cards.
  • Options
    Angryneeson52Angryneeson52 Posts: 445 ★★★

They don’t. The person actually means apple gift cards that can be loaded to an appleid account and used on the App Store much like google play.
  • Options
    SandPounderSandPounder Posts: 344 ★★★
    Would it be safe to assume that July 4 deals would be different in game store than web store?
  • Options
    Stellar said:

So Kabam created this"Summoner' market" to bypass Apple and Google Stores.

That way, they don't have to give those 30% of revenue. Good.

The price staying the same, it means Kabam make 30% more profit out of our purchases and we get....10% more units....Wait only 10% more by allowing you to get 30% more income !?!

Why don't you give us those 30% more units or even why don't you lower the price so you will get 10% of more income and us 10% more units ? lets say 83.7 US$ for an Odin of 3410 units for example !

We would be both winner by going through your store

Third party vendors are also getting a cut. It will be lesser than app stores but it is still there.
  • Options
    BeardybtBeardybt Posts: 5
    I know this might be an incredibly stupid question, and I’ve likely just not read something in full 😂. But I’m UK based, why are the costs showing in dollars for me?
  • Options
    _Pez__Pez_ Posts: 226 ★★★
    Beardybt said:

I know this might be an incredibly stupid question, and I’ve likely just not read something in full 😂. But I’m UK based, why are the costs showing in dollars for me?

When you select your payment method you will get it in £ and it's much cheaper than it is in the apple/Google store, at least when I selected Google pay as the method.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,843 ★★★★★
    So I remembered this a while ago ... but isn't this new system just further opening multiple doors and possibilities for people to commit fraud?
  • Options
    ItsyaboyStephy05ItsyaboyStephy05 Posts: 128 ★★

So I remembered this a while ago ... but isn't this new system just further opening multiple doors and possibilities for people to commit fraud?

Depends. Most credit cards have lenient refund policies but don't know if Kabam can see if players refund purchases just like those through the App/Playstore. Doubt they'd share that info here.
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,484 ★★★★

This is how my 12 year old gets his Robux. The same way you can scam gift cards on Google store is the same way you can scam on xsolla. Literally the only thing that changes for end users is how robust the security with each system is as far as saved financial info.
  • Options
    Abspain101Abspain101 Posts: 144
    LJF said:

LJF said:

I was given a warning that my prior post remarking about how this store's offering revives for cash doesn't comport with the concern that spamming revives from farming Act 3 would break the game. So instead of that, I will ask a question that greatly concerns me.

When you nerfed the revive drop rates in Act 3, you explained in this post here why it was necessary to make the change. You stated:

This frenzied revive farming trivializes difficult content like Carina’s Challenges and Eternity of Pain because Summoners simply spam revives. For us to allow what is effectively a loophole for these challenging pieces of content, we would have to dilute rewards given from that content, and that is not something we want to do.

Without these changes, we risk having to cancel development on upcoming high difficulty content currently in the works.

So here's my question: if revive spamming creates what you call an existential threat to new content, why are you allowing players to spam revives by purchasing them with cash?

This topic has been done to death. It's simply because the limitation money puts while buying revives is far greater than the one time puts on farming revives in act 3.

Furthermore, the amount of players who spend thousands of bought units on revives is very less considering the fact that only 3% of the player even spends money.

The problem has never been that revives are available infinitely but the scale on which it is available. It was entirely possible for you to either spend money or arena grinded units for how much ever revives you needed to buy. But those that actually spend that much time to do it was very less compared to the general player base size.

But when a sizable chunk of the player base farms revives and bruteforces through the hardest content in game which was meant to be grinded through slowly withing a week, it becomes a problem.

They want to keep players in game, grind, and slowly finish content. Not farm infinite revives, knock the content out in a week and then not play much.

Those that are using whatever absurd amount of units you think they use to buy revives will still play and spend time in other avenues unlike the former set of players.

The difference between content like Abyss and EOP:A due to the existence of revive farm was very visible.

Anecdotally, i didn't bother with the best champs or best strategies.i took in some champs i knew would be good and bruteforces the F out of the content and I'm no slouch. So i know for a fact that players who wouldn't have been otherwise able to do the content have bruteforces through it using farmed revives.again, it's possible that there might have been people who spend money and did it but scale is important.
    It's fine if you believe money is limited in a sense (though I'm sure you recognize for many it isn't), but that's not what Kabam has said. They said spamming revives prevents them from designing high-level content. That's it, that's the problem they identified. Anyone can still spam revives for this content, they just need to use a credit card (or a gift card, whether acquired legitimately or not) instead of thumbs+time.

So you didn't address the crux of my question, which is how Kabam squares the apparent problem of game design with keeping the option of spamming revives on the table. If that's the real issue, why aren't they capping item use in a given quest? That's an easy solution to spamming revives. Do that and they can design all the endgame content they want.
    There is a big difference is spamming free revives and being able to buy revives once a week the deal isn't buy unlimited amount you only get it once then have to wait 3.2.6 was free and didn't take much time you could just auto fight through it where as this Kabam is making money off of it they only cared about the farming because it was detrimental to there bottom line this is not since it is revenue for them.
  • Options
    LightsAnimeLightsAnime Posts: 426 ★★
    edited June 2023
    Will the 4th of july deals be on the summoner market page?
  • Options
    PoethellPoethell Posts: 131
    What’s the link for the store?
  • Options
    StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    I tried to buy with Apple Pay but keep it keeps saying to change my card..
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 11,187 Guardian
    Poethell said:

What’s the link for the store?

Was in the top of the announcement here (but admittedly not as a different colored link).

https://store.playcontestofchampions.com/
  • Options
    SplinterBGSplinterBG Posts: 16
    edited June 2023
    Actually that is a great addition to be able to purchase on the website - my card(bank) often has problems with google payments(for months!), so that is great news. Thanks!
  • Options
    Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★

not direct but you can buy an apple gift card and top up your apple account with that card balance so it uses the credit before your credit card or bank payment method.

same as how paypal works when you have a balance in your account
  • Options
    Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★

There is no way we can use google play credit in this store, is there?

I don't believe so, no. You can still use that credit in the in-game store though.
    when i had a look i saw google pay as an option for payment.
    i did not try and purchase but if google play is an option then surely it will use your account balance/credit before anything else.

I am in AUS and XSOLLA have different payment methods offered based on wherever you are.
    for example i can use direct transfer from my bank if i wish
  • Options
    RonSwansonRonSwanson Posts: 1,171 ★★★★

So the market place doesn’t update to the Sunday Paragon Daily. That’s a big miss.

Yep, just saw that