July 4th Sales and Game Economy

1235»

Comments

• ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,267 ★★★★★

vz2fbx said:

MaddogHT is one of FTP who has skills and great roster. He bought the units deal from time to time using his hard earn units. I have never heard he complained about whales or the money deal in his channel (30K units), or asking for more free stuffs.

I believe he is happy with his choice and enjoy the game.

This will be my last response since you seem to be incapable of seeing any perspective except your own. My finals thoughts on the topic are that your metaphor about going to a restaurant and asking for free food makes no sense. Maybe if instead you’d said it’s like I went and started washing dishes for the restaurant, and then I asked for some food for my work, and instead of the fresh food they served the paying customers, they fed me with worse food. It’s not criminal, but it certainly leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

As for MaddogHT, you can always find an outlier among any group of people, the same way KT1 is arguably a “whale” but he agreed that the gap between ftp, casual, and whales, is growing to large for the game economy to be widely sustainable. If you have any valid responses to any of my reasons behind my arguments then I would be happy to hear them. If you’re going to continue to use bad metaphors to say that FTP players are “Only trying to get everything for free with no work” then this will be my last response
    WOAH you cant mention KT on the forums. You'll be absolutely flamed
  • vz2fbxvz2fbx Member Posts: 92
    Don't know why my prior post got deleted.

Anyway, I want to say that I have no issue with any FTP. I just feel frustrated to hear the complain that people who spend get too good deals while they don't have any intention to spend.

I spend here and there, not because I need anything. I just want to support Kabam.

Of course, there is something that I am not happy about the control, function, etc... but I still decided to chip in as I enjoy the game. Other than that, I understand that the company need money to pay their staffs to manage the game and pump out the content, and run their servers. They also need to pay their shareholders as well.

If you ask me whether I am happy with the deals, I am not. I think it should be better as it is quite pricey but I am ok to spend as I want to support the game. If everybody could support them, we will have better community rather that people just whining.

In fact, Kabam has never restricted anybody to have access to their deal. Why don't you buy too if it is so good?

The answer is "No because you are not happy with Kabam" so you don't want to spend. If you are not happy, why are you still playing? Then you come up with Game Economy. There will be no Game Economy if Kabam treat FTP and spenders the same. Who will spend? How the company survive without money?

FTP is ok. It is your choice to enjoy the game for free. Please don't complain that the spenders get too good deal while you have no intention to spend, but only demand for more free stuffs.
  • 5th5th Member Posts: 151 ★★
    edited July 2023
    vz2fbx said:

Anyway, I want to say that I have no issue with any FTP. I just feel frustrated to hear the complain that people who spend get too good deals

I spend here and there, not because I need anything. I just want to support Kabam.

My friend why do you feel frustrated, you don't need anything, you just want to support KABAM, do it & feel happy.
    And stop WHINING!!
    5th said:

vz2fbx said:

Anyway, I want to say that I have no issue with any FTP. I just feel frustrated to hear the complain that people who spend get too good deals

My friend why do you feel frustrated, you don't need anything, you just want to support KABAM, do it & feel happy.
    And stop WHINING!!
    The discussion is so absurd complaining that the spenders got too good deal and they want Kabam to give away more stuffs in game to equalize the playing field. That's why I am trying to help some selfish FTP to be more logical.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★
    vz2fbx said:

Of course, there is something that I am not happy about the control, function, etc... but I still decided to chip in as I enjoy the game.

If you ask me whether I am happy with the deals, I am not. I think it should be better as it is quite pricey but I am ok to spend as I want to support the game. If everybody could support them, we will have better community rather that people just whining.

In fact, Kabam has never restricted anybody to have access to their deal. Why don't you buy too if it is so good?

The answer is "No because you are not happy with Kabam" so you don't want to spend. If you are not happy, why are you still playing?

To start, I'd like to clarify that I don't think really anyone here has a problem with spenders or the fact that they get more stuff. The problem is that the game is just flat out unenjoyable for those who don't spend at the moment, and the game is currently designed in a way that these deals literally negatively affect players who don't spend. There has never been a time in mcoc where spending directly correlated to some players losing out on rewards they would've previously earned until now. This cannot be solved by ruining deals for spenders, but it can be solved by more restrictive BGs metas or by giving ftp players more opportunities to earn the rewards we lack via gameplay. Of course, spenders would get these opportunities as well, which is fine. The problem isn't that spenders have an advantage, it's that non spenders often just get stuck. No more content, no rankups, and a large lack in one or two resources that can only be solved by ruining our own enjoyment. When there's a lack of anything in the economy, Kabam starts making deals for it. If they made deals as well as playable content with the resources as rewards, spenders and non spenders would both benefit. Spenders would benefit more, of course.

But the real interesting thing in my opinion is that you seem to have an extremely unique perspective on mcoc. Why don't you voice that? The forums are a perfect place to talk about the things you think Kabam could do better, and there are people here who are employed to listen, why not talk about it? You say we made up the game economy, but you believing the deals could be more beneficial for you is part of the game economy. If you're not happy with them, there are discussions to be had there.

Plus, your idea that the community can only benefit from more people spending money is just honestly a terrifying idea. If you're not happy with the way Kabam is handling your money, giving them more money isn't gonna fix that. Talking about it might, and that's why this community exists in the first place. More discussion is beneficial for the community. It's not whining unless you try really hard to see it that way.

As for why I don't spend, it's just that MCOC's economy isn't a fun one to spend in. I've spent money on two games this week: Tiny Tina's Wonderlands and Diablo 3, because they unlocked fun parts of the game that were by no means required and didn't set me back at all if I didn't buy them. Total honesty: if Kabam put a 6* 2022 champion selector and enough materials to take that champion to rank 3 into their battle pass thing, I'd buy that immediately no matter the price. I don't even know who I'd pick, I just know it'd feel so much better having one guaranteed 6* rank 3 champion that I really enjoy. The normal deals are designed to leave players wanting more so that Kabam can profit more, which just never feels good, and is probably why you don't like them.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Member Posts: 2,357 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

I'm sure you do really enjoy MCOC's resource economy, because it is built to benefit you and directly impact those below you.

Well, if we're going there, I'm sure the reason you don't like it is because it isn't customized to your tastes, and discussing it further would be counterproductive when you lack the foundation to discuss it on a sufficiently informed and nuanced level.
    We get it DNA, you got a good education. That doesn't mean that the people around you are too dumb (or in your more corporate terms, lacking foundation) to discuss it with you. The fact that you're someone meant to assist the forums and are willing to say things like that, is deeply upsetting. If you don't believe you can discuss it on a nuanced level, then you can find your way out of the conversation without running to insults.

I'm the average ftp. I'm the person suffering from Kabam's failure within the economy. The fact that you believe I lack foundation is not due to my understanding, but rather your own.
    You're the one who went the player, not the ball.

Fact is
    * Without BGs this wouldn't be such an issue.
    * Without R5/6 or R2/7 rank ups deals would have been worthless to the biggest spenders.
    * If you want to be on the bleeding edge of the game you need to be a customer. That is the way.

Nobody can comment on whether the current state of the economy is at all entertaining or interesting for a group of players they're not at all apart of.

I just disagree with the idea that Rank 5's and Rank 2's are the only thing spenders have to gain from spending.
    ?
    "at all entertaining or interesting"
    Nobody can comment on the enjoyment of other players, but everybody knows what items are in the deals. Everybody can comment on that.
    So you can comment on the deals but not their worth to a group of players that you're not a part of? I'm confused.
    If you're trying to have a discussion, we can do that, but it looks like you're really focused on this one thing. I made multiple other points, comment on those.

I'm saying nobody can comment on the enjoyment of another player. Your point is that rank 5's and rank 2's are the only thing spenders had to gain, which is just objectively not true. Look at the deals, there are other things there. I don't see how your point relates at all to enjoyment, which is the only thing I believe players cannot comment on without being made aware of the scenario.
    I think you're arguing from the wrong direction.

You're say that the deals have increased roster strength of spenders which give them an advantage in BGs.

The problem isn't the deals. They have to increase roster strength, otherwise nobody buys them. If nobody bought them then that would break the game economics, as in why would KABAM bother.

The problem is how much roster strength affects your chance of winnings in BGs.
    I would agree its too big of a factor. The solution isn't paring back the deals, its fixing Battlegrounds to reduce or eliminate that advantage. I don't have a solution for that.
    TBF he did offer a solution for that - have more restrictive skill meta vs nuke metas where roster strength is more stark. Whether that will work when you have a 6r4 vs 6r5 defender or attacker is another question.
    Bugmat78 said:

DNA3000 said:

I'm sure you do really enjoy MCOC's resource economy, because it is built to benefit you and directly impact those below you.

Well, if we're going there, I'm sure the reason you don't like it is because it isn't customized to your tastes, and discussing it further would be counterproductive when you lack the foundation to discuss it on a sufficiently informed and nuanced level.
    We get it DNA, you got a good education. That doesn't mean that the people around you are too dumb (or in your more corporate terms, lacking foundation) to discuss it with you. The fact that you're someone meant to assist the forums and are willing to say things like that, is deeply upsetting. If you don't believe you can discuss it on a nuanced level, then you can find your way out of the conversation without running to insults.

I'm the average ftp. I'm the person suffering from Kabam's failure within the economy. The fact that you believe I lack foundation is not due to my understanding, but rather your own.

Fact is
    * Without R5/6 or R2/7 rank ups deals would have been worthless to the biggest spenders.
    * If you want to be on the bleeding edge of the game you need to be a customer. That is the way.

Nobody can comment on whether the current state of the economy is at all entertaining or interesting for a group of players they're not at all apart of.

I just disagree with the idea that Rank 5's and Rank 2's are the only thing spenders have to gain from spending.
    ?
    Nobody can comment on the enjoyment of other players, but everybody knows what items are in the deals. Everybody can comment on that.
    So you can comment on the deals but not their worth to a group of players that you're not a part of? I'm confused.
    If you're trying to have a discussion, we can do that, but it looks like you're really focused on this one thing. I made multiple other points, comment on those.

I'm saying nobody can comment on the enjoyment of another player. Your point is that rank 5's and rank 2's are the only thing spenders had to gain, which is just objectively not true. Look at the deals, there are other things there. I don't see how your point relates at all to enjoyment, which is the only thing I believe players cannot comment on without being made aware of the scenario.

You're say that the deals have increased roster strength of spenders which give them an advantage in BGs.

The problem isn't the deals. They have to increase roster strength, otherwise nobody buys them. If nobody bought them then that would break the game economics, as in why would KABAM bother.

I would agree its too big of a factor. The solution isn't paring back the deals, its fixing Battlegrounds to reduce or eliminate that advantage. I don't have a solution for that.
    TBF he did offer a solution for that - have more restrictive skill meta vs nuke metas where roster strength is more stark. Whether that will work when you have a 6r4 vs 6r5 defender or attacker is another question.
    Then what is the point to upgrade the roster? The reason is to have an advantage, right? If not, why people need to buy any deal?
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Member Posts: 2,357 ★★★★★
    vz2fbx said:

Bugmat78 said:

DNA3000 said:

Fact is

?

Then what is the point to upgrade the roster? The reason is to have an advantage, right? If not, why people need to buy any deal?
    In BGs mode yes, but there are other modes that it won't necessarily mean the same.

As I said myself earlier part of the blowback is the fact that the other game modes are not worthwhile at the moment wrt rewards and BGs is the only thing giving proper value for effort. Usually when July 4 deals come around people are focused on several game modes. Hopefully the update AQ & AW properly.