How are Alliance BG Rewards Fair in Any Capacity?

Comments

• PotatoGodPotatoGod Member Posts: 93
    Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

Its for 1 season only....

Which makes it even worse. If the boosted rewards can't get players caught up to the meta then kabam has really messed up. The funny thing is 3 weeks ago these rewards would've been totally fine lmao.
    What are you talking about? The rewards were bumped due to the lack of war, the rewards are similar to P3, P2 or somewhere in between those 2..
    Trying to tell me Conq/UC/Cav MUST get them? Good enough they have a shot at getting them; but entitled to them?
    I never said that? These rewards aren't meta after the July 4th deals and simply aren't worth your time grinding for if you aren't enjoying that grind. Kabam very clearly didn't think about how bad the rewards were going to be after the sales and are simply **** now. They are only worth it if you aren't paragon and are still progressing
    Who said anything about meta or not?
    They are similar to war rewards if there was a season...
    But that's not the point
    Your point is stupid cause you are talking about 4th of July deals..
    The BG event started almost 2 weeks before the sale...if they matched the 4th of July meta.. the 4th of July sale wouldn't have been GREAT deals...
    They didn't come up with the deals a day before they released. Also the bg rewards don't even give a r4 while the July 4th deals gave out 6 r5 for paragon deals only. They could've amped the bg rewards to anything lower than 2r5 and the July deals would still be insane
    What part of "they made them to replace war rewards" don't you understand?... They are tailored FOR ALL PROGRESSION LVLS, You think they are gonna let CONQ/UC/Cav grind for r5s? 🤣
    1- The sale is supposed to be monstrous, not even a meta, they were always there and they were always economy breaking..
    2- This are not game engaging rewards, or improvements.. its a 1 time only cause War game mode is shut down and they are similar to the current war rewards... Has nothing to do with the current or past meta or 4th of july deals...Its basically moving war rewards into BGs for 1 season
    3- If you don't like them you don''t have to grind them really..
    4-

Its not about what I should be expecting its about what Kabam should do. I couldnt care less that its supposed to be for everybody. I couldnt care less that sales are always overhauled. They need to allow the playerbase to catch up to the meta. These rewards have been the most we've gotten from kabam outside of sales and eop in a while which is frustrating. Also stop repeating the same talking points about how "Its for everyone" "They're a replacement for war" Ik what they are. I wasn't asking you to update me on whats happening in the game. It isn't the point of the post
    Your point is that this BG should have given you at least 2 R5s for grinding 400k points solo (only 100k more than other seasons) and 12 mill as an alliance.. get real dude...
    Carina's Challenge has 1 r5; but you want 2 for BG milestones.. 🤣🤣
    God can you read? I never said I wanted 2r5s. Also you're acting like 400k is an easy thing to do and for every alliance member to get. "Get Real" Like sure but being realistic here doesn't mean I shouldn't want it to change
    400k is easy considering the regular season ones were 300k 🤷
    Which would take you 16 hours if you won every game all with elders marks. Not everyone has that type of time or effort

As a free to play, there are a lot of arguments to be made that the economy is unfairly balanced, but the BGs milestones aren't made to be the main source of rankup materials. The point of grinding in mcoc is that you can get what you want by completing everything. If completing all the available content is still underwhelming comparatively, that's a different story.

Which it is. Ftp players at best have 1-2 r5 with all the materials given. July 4th was able to give 6 with just the money purchases. The game economy is insanely split and unfair atm
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★
    PotatoGod said:

As a free to play, there are a lot of arguments to be made that the economy is unfairly balanced, but the BGs milestones aren't made to be the main source of rankup materials. The point of grinding in mcoc is that you can get what you want by completing everything. If completing all the available content is still underwhelming comparatively, that's a different story.

Which it is. Ftp players at best have 1-2 r5 with all the materials given. July 4th was able to give 6 with just the money purchases. The game economy is insanely split and unfair atm
    And that I agree with, but there are a lot more complications that come with the economy that make it a more difficult issue. It definitely can't be solved by making the deals worse.

PotatoGod said:

And that I agree with, but there are a lot more complications that come with the economy that make it a more difficult issue. It definitely can't be solved by making the deals worse.
    It definitely can. Making deals less game progressing would be fairly simple. Like the next event could be the exact same as this one but have r2 gems instead of r5 and it wouldn't be game breaking at that point (I hope)
    PotatoGod said:

PotatoGod said:

It definitely can. Making deals less game progressing would be fairly simple. Like the next event could be the exact same as this one but have r2 gems instead of r5 and it wouldn't be game breaking at that point (I hope)
    But it wouldn't be nearly as profitable. And if Kabam is making that much less money, that will become more of a problem for us than you might imagine. It's never going to be as simple as just making the deals worse and the problem is solved.

PotatoGod said:

PotatoGod said:

But it wouldn't be nearly as profitable. And if Kabam is making that much less money, that will become more of a problem for us than you might imagine. It's never going to be as simple as just making the deals worse and the problem is solved.
    They definitely would be if the deals are the meta they will make tons of money off of it. Look at the gifting event they probably got a million dollars off the top 100 players alone and the gifting crystals were fairly mediocre. As long as it boosts players up they're going to make money. And if they are really losing that much money then they could add more deals around the year. They probably made an insane amount of money from the spring event
    PotatoGod said:

PotatoGod said:

PotatoGod said:

They definitely would be if the deals are the meta they will make tons of money off of it. Look at the gifting event they probably got a million dollars off the top 100 players alone and the gifting crystals were fairly mediocre. As long as it boosts players up they're going to make money. And if they are really losing that much money then they could add more deals around the year. They probably made an insane amount of money from the spring event
    But a lot of that is just based off of assumptions. I think the only undeniable fact is that the deals would not have been as profitable had it not been for the rank 5 gems. Kabam can now alter the economy to shrink the gap after making all of that profit, but they would not have made as much money if they hadn't given deals that created such a gap. The only thing that's sorta up in the air is how Kabam intends to shrink the gap, which I imagine will take place next month.
  • pseudosanepseudosane Member, Guardian Posts: 3,947 Guardian
    Now I've seen it all

Now I've seen it all

And this is supposed to mean?
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,407 Guardian
    PotatoGod said:

Now I've seen it all

Let's just say you have a unique take on things
    Pikolu said:

PotatoGod said:

Now I've seen it all

This isn't a 'unique' take. Ofc this post is informed with much of my personal opinion but it is rooted in factual bases that informed my opinion
    Pikolu said:

PotatoGod said:

Now I've seen it all

Also I don't think saying July 4th deals heavily influenced the economy and hurt FTP players is a unique take
    PotatoGod said:

Pikolu said:

PotatoGod said:

Now I've seen it all

This isn't a 'unique' take. Ofc this post is informed with much of my personal opinion but it is rooted in factual bases that informed my opinion
    Yeah, a lot of people here have a hard time having actual conversation rather than just putting down people they don't agree with. I do think a lot of things in your post can be seen as objectively wrong, but posts like these are seen as just an easy agree farm for most people.

PotatoGod said:

Pikolu said:

PotatoGod said:

Now I've seen it all

Yeah, a lot of people here have a hard time having actual conversation rather than just putting down people they don't agree with. I do think a lot of things in your post can be seen as objectively wrong, but posts like these are seen as just an easy agree farm for most people.
    Yeah, although if this was an agree farm I would've already deleted it lol. People have met this with a lot of distaste lol. I made it to have these sorts of conversations and see the opinion of the general community. I stand by my thoughts and you guys should too
  • CoppinCoppin Member Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

Which makes it even worse. If the boosted rewards can't get players caught up to the meta then kabam has really messed up. The funny thing is 3 weeks ago these rewards would've been totally fine lmao.
    What are you talking about? The rewards were bumped due to the lack of war, the rewards are similar to P3, P2 or somewhere in between those 2..
    Trying to tell me Conq/UC/Cav MUST get them? Good enough they have a shot at getting them; but entitled to them?
    I never said that? These rewards aren't meta after the July 4th deals and simply aren't worth your time grinding for if you aren't enjoying that grind. Kabam very clearly didn't think about how bad the rewards were going to be after the sales and are simply **** now. They are only worth it if you aren't paragon and are still progressing
    But that's not the point
    The BG event started almost 2 weeks before the sale...if they matched the 4th of July meta.. the 4th of July sale wouldn't have been GREAT deals...
    They didn't come up with the deals a day before they released. Also the bg rewards don't even give a r4 while the July 4th deals gave out 6 r5 for paragon deals only. They could've amped the bg rewards to anything lower than 2r5 and the July deals would still be insane
    What part of "they made them to replace war rewards" don't you understand?... They are tailored FOR ALL PROGRESSION LVLS, You think they are gonna let CONQ/UC/Cav grind for r5s? 🤣
    1- The sale is supposed to be monstrous, not even a meta, they were always there and they were always economy breaking..
    2- This are not game engaging rewards, or improvements.. its a 1 time only cause War game mode is shut down and they are similar to the current war rewards... Has nothing to do with the current or past meta or 4th of july deals...Its basically moving war rewards into BGs for 1 season
    4-

Its not about what I should be expecting its about what Kabam should do. I couldnt care less that its supposed to be for everybody. I couldnt care less that sales are always overhauled. They need to allow the playerbase to catch up to the meta. These rewards have been the most we've gotten from kabam outside of sales and eop in a while which is frustrating. Also stop repeating the same talking points about how "Its for everyone" "They're a replacement for war" Ik what they are. I wasn't asking you to update me on whats happening in the game. It isn't the point of the post
    Your point is that this BG should have given you at least 2 R5s for grinding 400k points solo (only 100k more than other seasons) and 12 mill as an alliance.. get real dude...
    God can you read? I never said I wanted 2r5s. Also you're acting like 400k is an easy thing to do and for every alliance member to get. "Get Real" Like sure but being realistic here doesn't mean I shouldn't want it to change
    Which would take you 16 hours if you won every game all with elders marks. Not everyone has that type of time or effort
    Just the thought that a player can think that thr 4th of July sales set the meta for rewards its ridiculous..
    They wouldn't be one of the most anticipated dates of the year... What would be the incentive to spend if immediately the rewards adjust to it?...
    On top of that you pick an event that started before... Why don't criticize the EQ and SQ, with your logic they should give at least 1/3 of an R5....
    Hoe can you even math out the 4th of july sales into money value when its actually Units sold with BONUSES ATTACHED....
    PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

But that's not the point
    4-

Not everyone is meant to get the rewards...
    Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

But that's not the point
    4-

Not everyone is meant to get the rewards...
    Which is kinda sad because these rewards arent all that
    Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

But that's not the point
    4-

Just the thought that a player can think that thr 4th of July sales set the meta for rewards its ridiculous..
    They wouldn't be one of the most anticipated dates of the year... What would be the incentive to spend if immediately the rewards adjust to it?...
    On top of that you pick an event that started before... Why don't criticize the EQ and SQ, with your logic they should give at least 1/3 of an R5....
    Hoe can you even math out the 4th of july sales into money value when its actually Units sold with BONUSES ATTACHED....
    Adjusting doesn't mean instantly give the rewards for free to everyone, it means make the rewards balanced so spenders can still have the roster advantage while FTP can still compete. I dont hassle eq and aq because its known that the rewards are garbage and arent worth it, not to mention kabam has already said they're upgrading the aq store. I can calculate the r5 gem as worth 100$ because they sold it for 100$ not to mention that that would make the deals worth even more than playing battlegrounds
  • GuytennisGuytennis Member Posts: 420 ★★★
    This is the first BG season I participated. I have two 7* champs, zero r5 6*s and only 5 r4 6*s. I managed to get 449k points(with almost 2 weeks left) because my alliance wanted to get certain milestones. I spent zero units and still have almost 1000 EMs left over. I hardly play this game and I’m not even that good. Getting 400k points wasn’t a big ask.
    PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

But that's not the point
    4-

Adjusting doesn't mean instantly give the rewards for free to everyone, it means make the rewards balanced so spenders can still have the roster advantage while FTP can still compete. I dont hassle eq and aq because its known that the rewards are garbage and arent worth it, not to mention kabam has already said they're upgrading the aq store. I can calculate the r5 gem as worth 100$ because they sold it for 100$ not to mention that that would make the deals worth even more than playing battlegrounds
    If ANY of your nonsense math was true
    The 5th of July 1 odin should have costed what? 9.99? 19.99 cause it should adjust to the 4th meta right? I mean how can 99.99 buy you all that and the next day only get you units?... So arena grinding would be like slave labor...
    Ahh you dont hazzle EQ and AQ cause they are garbage.. So let me get this straight...
    • You are an FTP who wants to be able to compete
    • You don't do AQ and EQ; but you still wanna be able to compete.
    • You want r5 mats for a simple grind that most bg players have done for 9 seasons...
    • You think 16 hours of playing BGs or even 20 within a month is A LOT...

My question is.. There is no war, you don't do EQ or AQ, you think 30-40 mins of BGs a day is a lot... What do u exactly do in the game at all during the whole month.. and exactly where would you like to be able to compete?..
    To me sounds like you are an extremely casual player stuck...
    PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

But that's not the point
    4-

I dont hassle eq and aq because its known that the rewards are garbage and arent worth it,
    The EQ and Glory store are where I get the majority of my resources every month. I even do the Cav EQ just because the 5* shards are great for ISO. If you're avoiding entire sections of the game, it's going to be impossible to catch up, even if Kabam does try to lower the gap.

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

But that's not the point
    4-

I dont hassle eq and aq because its known that the rewards are garbage and arent worth it,
    The EQ and Glory store are where I get the majority of my resources every month. I even do the Cav EQ just because the 5* shards are great for ISO. If you're avoiding entire sections of the game, it's going to be impossible to catch up, even if Kabam does try to lower the gap.
    I still do them but the glory store is horrible for rank up resources I just get the gold and iso
    You are falling behind by choice
    Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

But that's not the point
    4-

The 5th of July 1 odin should have costed what? 9.99? 19.99 cause it should adjust to the 4th meta right? I mean how can 99.99 buy you all that and the next day only get you units?... So arena grinding would be like slave labor...
    Ahh you dont hazzle EQ and AQ cause they are garbage.. So let me get this straight...
    • You want r5 mats for a simple grind that most bg players have done for 9 seasons...

My question is.. There is no war, you don't do EQ or AQ, you think 30-40 mins of BGs a day is a lot... What do u exactly do in the game at all during the whole month.. and exactly where would you like to be able to compete?..
    Could you just stop for a second and stop making assumptions? Everytime I read your messages I have no clue what you're trying to reply to. Hassle in the context of making posts bashing them. I do them every time. 16 hours considering you win every game you play straight with elders marks and also considering that each match is 6 minutes. Realistically It would be 2-3x more and yes 30-40 a month is very time consuming especially for people that can't sit on the game all the time. And I have gotten 500k points and my ally has gotten all the t6bc and t3ac and yet I still don't have a r4 out of the rewards, something that would've been great last year but is now slightly outdated. Ofc I'm stuck when my opponents have more r5 than I do r4. Where do you mean where do I want to compete? Is there some sort of eq speedrun Im unaware about? There are 2 modes in which people compete against each other and both of which I want to compete in.
    Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

But that's not the point
    4-

If you think my math is bs by all means do it yourself. Would like to see what you get. if you wont then you have no room to call it bs or to even assume that it is
    PotatoGod said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

But that's not the point
    4-

I still do them but the glory store is horrible for rank up resources I just get the gold and iso
    It's only really bad for T6B and T3A, but I get what you mean. If you're struggling to buy those, I'd recommend not spending your Glory on Gold. There is a bit of a gold drought right now, but this month's SQ, Incursions, and Solo Events give a lot of gold if you can get those done and aren't going to waste your resources. Reinvest that Glory into rank up materials and you should be making at least a little more progress. Just keep playing as much content out as you can and Kabam will likely work on shortening the gap soon enough.
    Coppin said:

You are falling behind by choice

Yeah because Im not spending 1000s of dollars every event. Im not elon musk

PotatoGod said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

PotatoGod said:

Coppin said:

But that's not the point
    4-

It's only really bad for T6B and T3A, but I get what you mean. If you're struggling to buy those, I'd recommend not spending your Glory on Gold. There is a bit of a gold drought right now, but this month's SQ, Incursions, and Solo Events give a lot of gold if you can get those done and aren't going to waste your resources. Reinvest that Glory into rank up materials and you should be making at least a little more progress. Just keep playing as much content out as you can and Kabam will likely work on shortening the gap soon enough.
    Im trying but I am leveling a champ to r2-3 every time there is a level up. I have to because my roster is limited and I need more options especially with the variety of nodes there are now. I do need to get the incursion grind on though